3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim #5

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #61

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,
Just got my box of WS this evening.
Had the first shake, the taste reminds me of slim fast, which I liked a lot. I just could never have just a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and then a "sensible" dinner
This program has a lot more shakes, structure, and protein than the old slim fast program, so I am excited to get started. All of your posts (500 plus!) convinced me to give it a try.
My biggest downfall is lack of accountability, so my goal will be to post an update once a week, and to respond a couple times a week to other people's posts.
I hadn't thought at all about Thanksgiving, so you have already given my some ideas of what different peple are doing; I like the idea of making sure I fit in exercise, eat on plan, and use my extras during the actual meal.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #62

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Sydney! Let us know how yesterday went for you.

And talking about accountability. Ugh. I broke down and had a burrito last night. No cheese, no sour cream and lots of lettuce and veggies. But way too much food and certainly not the "goal" lean and green meal. I was in back-to back meetings yesterday and missed the afternoon snack. I also needed to work late. So I went for a quick dinner run before heading back to the office thinking I'd just get a Chipotle burrito bowl - lettuce, veggies, some lean meat. Somehow I walked out with a giant burrito and ate the entire thing. And yes, gained a pound yesterday.

Still down 5 pounds for the week since starting. Trying to stay positive. I'm heading to the office early today, and should be out at a reasonable time to have a reasonable dinner. Just really frustrated with myself for ending such a good first week on a bad note. Sigh....
Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #63
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/168/130

Default 14.7 Gone!

I am taking today as my official weigh-in because I finally hit the 150's!! And that's despite having a slice of birthday cake last night!

I had really hoped that DietDirect would be having a Vet.'s day sale today but so far no emails. I will pop over to their site to be sure. I need to stock up on a few things.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #64
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hi all! Wanted to tell you all that I went to see a Relexologist/Homeopathy lady yesterday. It was pretty neat - a little...oh Ok...a LOT scarey! I went because I get boils ALL THE TIME...they are BIG hard, red hot cysts and sometimes they will drain, other times not. They come up in the darndest places too...anyways...sorry to give yall all that info - She was actually more concerned with my lung capacity - kidney/spleen function - gallbladder and pancreas. Of course I have no idea of anything that is/could be wrong with that stuff. Evidently my boil issue will work itself out when I get all these other things under control. She gave me some stuff to take, but because of the possible side effects I haven't done one of the tablets yet (am going out of town tonight and didn't know what to expect with it). She recommended the Eat Right for Your Type diet - was totally against Wonderslim for me - because of the Soy in it. A type 0 blood should stay away from Soy according to that book...I'm doing sooo good on this plan though...I will probably finish my 12 week kit I'm in now and then may evaluate the "type diet" and see how that works for me for a few weeks...I'm scared though...anyone else been to one of these people?? Heard anything about them???
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #65

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Kirstikins- My sister did the same thing and loves it. She found what works for her blood type and it really helped her with skin conditions. She kept breaking out with like teenage acne and hives oddly. My sister does Racke (sp?) and is very into Hollistic healing etc and sees a Homeopath. She is on Medifast now but has had great success with the Eat Right for Your Type diet. Her problem was sticking to it and portion sizes she wasn't watching like she is now with Medifast. And she hates the Medifast food so the fact that she mainly does shakes and bars helps her keep the weight off too.

Goddessmeg- CONGRATS!!!! YAY!!!!

I have a question ladies, I didn't order the premade WS kit because I knew it would come with items I didn't like and I don't do desserts and such. Anyway, apparently when you do the 4, 8, 12 week kit they send you a book that also has diet tips, etc...does anyone have that? And is there maintenance information somewhere for transitioning from WS to regular foods once you hit your goal weight??

Last edited by esilva1 : 11-11-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #66

Kirstikins- You can reduce your soy protein intake on WS, although it does drastically reduce your choices. In general the shakes/puddings are soy protein free, as are the cheesecake, most- maybe all? of the puddings, the oatmeal, and the mac and cheese and alfredo pasta. But only one bar is soy free (cinnamon raisin, but there are a few bars with limited soy in them: chocmint, choc, and choc peanut butter). The strawberry yog smoothie is soy free, the berry one has a little soy.

Please note: I am not considering soy lecthium in my definition of soy, because that is in everything nowadays, I am just trying to limit my intake of isolated soy protein.

Mostly isolated soy protein: cereal, pretzels, crisp bars, most entrees (veggie sloopy joe, etc.)

Hope this helps!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #67

Hi Esilva - I ordered the 4 week kit and have the weight management binder. It has a nice chapter on weight maintenance and a few other things. I haven't used it much, but it seems like a good reference tool.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #68
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Esliva - good to know that your sister is into Homeopathy too - and hasn't died from it I did the "remedy" last night and so far nothing crazy's going on..so maybe I'm safe ...I can totally see portion control being a bad thing to grab hold of - if not doing WS or a "diet" such as that. I did notice on the BTD site that doc guy has a protein powder specifically for each blood type...and they have bars too - that are safe for any blood type...I may try that too - so I can still keep on some sort of shake/bar plan...
As for the book...I have an extra (as I've ordered from DD several times)...you wanna PM me your addy and I'll send it to ya?? Or you can call DD and ask them to send it to you - they can email or mail it...they're usually very helpful and accomodating!

Syd - I have noticed that WS has LOTS less soy than say MF and other plans - but the soy lecthin is bad too...it's actually the grossest part of the soy that's left over (kinda reminds me of bologna - you know..it gets the leftover parts)...ick...

Mirtika - what's the brand of that protein powder you use?? what's its base??

WOOHOOO it's FRIDAY!!!! My son is job shaddowing today at the electric company...can't wait to hear what he thinks of it!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #69
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/168/130

15.3 UGLY POUNDS GONE!!!

I never thought I'd weigh LESS today, but I do, so my official weigh-in is done! I think my body is in a "losing" mode and I'm going to take advantage of that!!!

Hooray, it's FRIDAY!! Plan for the weekend: cleaning the house and then driving 100 miles round trip to a store that has TRIPLE coupons on Sunday. I'm sick. I know it.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #70

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

I really need to break my daily scale habit. Down 17lbs on Wednesday, now only down 15.8 today

I need to find where I can get some smooth move tea, the stool softeners and daily fiber are not working for me, must be my irritable bowel rearing its ugly head again.

For those of you following WS or a similar meal replacement plan, what are your average daily calories and how much exercise per week do you do?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #71
Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 130/129/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by keziah23 View Post
I really need to break my daily scale habit. Down 17lbs on Wednesday, now only down 15.8 today

I need to find where I can get some smooth move tea, the stool softeners and daily fiber are not working for me, must be my irritable bowel rearing its ugly head again.

For those of you following WS or a similar meal replacement plan, what are your average daily calories and how much exercise per week do you do?
Grocery stores should have the Smooth Move tea. Unless you've had the chocolate flavor before, or unless you really like anise root, I do not recommend that variety of Smooth Move. Try the other one they make. It's strange - I love Jagermeister and Nyquil, but I hate anything else anise/anisette flavored.

I do not follow the exact WS/Bariwise/ProtiDiet, but I do use their products. I consume about 600-950 calories a day and exercise every other day or so for about one to two hours. I'm uncertain whether or not it makes a difference if I consume that few or work out that much. I'm down about 4 pounds this week, but it's only week one.

Good Weight Loss!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #72

S/C/G: 240/222/160

Well, this week I had no loss. So my stats thus far is 5lbs in 3 weeks. Which, for me, is good.

Monday I plan to start back on the treadmill, my body has sure missed it and I just feel better overall when I get on it. I like to read while walking and I have not been because I have been recovering from a shoulder injury. So my pile of magazine has piled up. LOL

If I can get around the 5yr old (his, not mine) in the morning, I will get on it, but most of the time she follows me down to the basement exercise center (LOL, what can I say, she loves me) and she wants to "see how I am doing" then she will go upstairs to report to her dad that I am either walking or running (at the time I was doing a couch to 25k program) and then she comes back downstairs and wants to talk.

I tend to use the treadmill as some peaceful me time and I don't want to hurt her feelings, so I don't usually do it on the weekends.

Anyway, I was not excepting a loss this week. Last weekend we had a huge party and I drank and ate and drank and ate some more. I also had a couple of meals that we a little more than what they should have, the binge monster reared its ugly head. BOO

On a good note, UPS delivered another box of food to me. So I spent some time sorting and repacking so it would be easy for me to pick and choose, all the extra boxes went down in the basement. This should carry me well past all the holidays and perhaps in to next year. I figured I would make use of the coupons and do it now before the holiday busy season got the best of me.

For now, I will just keep pushing forward.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #73

S/C/G: 240/222/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by keziah23 View Post

I stick to 1000-1200 calories. Any less and I get dizzy spells.
Since I started WS I have not exercised.

Before starting WS I was averaging abot 1600 cals a day, and I would exercise (run, walk) on the treadmill for 15min to an hour depending on the day/mood.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #74

It is my second day on Wonderslim, I am following the plan they list on the website, so my daily calories should always be between 1050 and 1250.

This is the first high protein diet I have ever been on (as a vegetarian with limited soy tolerance), but I have to admit my hunger is better controlled on this than on Nutrisytem, even though the calories are about even.
I am not doing any exercise right now (except walking the dog and company errands within a few blocks). I am not good about making too many changes at once so I am figuring my diet out first and will worry about exercise in a few weeks when I know more about what I am doing.

Props to WS though, today was crazy, very little time to eat, but time enough to mix up shakes and drink them in 15 seconds and then on to the next task. Never distracted by hunger the whole day.

I too noticed the low fiber intake though (usually I eat a TON of fiber, 40-50grams a day). So I added three servings of benefiber per day for an extra 12 g on this plan, we'll see how that works. It really did have almost no taste at all in plain water.

So far, so good on the taste of the food/shakes. I am posting my reviews on another thread.

It's great to hear everyone's progress on this forum, thanks!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #75

Sydney - sounds like it's going well for you! Those shakes really do make things convenient.

Irish - isn't it fun to get those boxes?

I seem to be a bit weight stuck. Also probably need to get away from the daily weigh-in. Just getting ready to go for a run. I need to start the regular exercise program again.

In terms of calories, I'm following the regular WS program, so guessing around 1200. Exercise has been sporadic - but that's changing starting today:-).
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.