Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #46  

I had been dealing with nasty headaches for the last 7 mornings. I was thinking it was lack of sleep, the time change, allergies or SOMETHING. After trying to ward it off for so long, yesterday I was finally hit with the full blown migraine that left me in bed all day. No light, no noise, no food and plenty of ice packs.

Today I have what I call the migraine hang over. My body is stiff and I feel groggy. We had a party Saturday night for all of our friends and the kids. So I did not stay on program for that. Sunday was not on program either, so I am pretty much getting back on track today. I am not looking for a loss this week, but I am happy that it is so easy for me to get right back on track.

Anyway, I was getting my vitamins and noticed that for the ENTIRE last week I had forgotten to pack my anti-depressant in the weekly vitamin pack container I have so I can take all my meds first thing in the AM. So NOW I am wondering if I was going through withdraws and thats why I was having such a headache/wanna be migraine. Ugh. I hate them, I can remember being 9 and having them. Sucks.

So, here I am. I had planned to get walking on the treadmill again, but I am not very motivated and have a ton of work and homework to get caught back up on.

I will check in on you guys later. Gotta get that homework done before I miss my due time.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Regarding Fat-
No, not the kind we are trying to get rid of, the kind we eat.
How much (grams) should we be eating per day?

I am eating right around 1,000 calories per day and my fat grams tend to be between 25 & 35 grams.

Not to be too TMI but when I go towards the low end of that or under, things slow down in the BM area and I get VERY uncomfortable.

I had my gallbladder out in 2004, so I don't have to worry about that part of things, but the lack of it does make my body process fats differently.

Just curious what you all think
Old 11-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #48  

Jen,

I admit I am right there with you, I was afraid the WS products were making me retain fluid, so I started eating regular food and went on a vacation this weekend and ate and drank alcohol...Needless to say I am up to 175 of water weight from my low of 170. I am so hungry again today and I have already eaten off plan but TOMORROW MORNING, I am back on plan 100% committed. I determined the WS was not making me retain, because when I was eating, I was still retaining. My fingers just got fatter cause I was 158 when I got the engagement ring sized (I wear a size 6 ring)....
Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

The weekends seem so much harder for me. And mainly because we are running around. I gained 1 lb back this weekend from a baby shower and running around with my daughter shopping. We split a medium fries which I didn't need. Then at the shower I had some cake. Thankfully I only ate a small amt and tossed the rest. But it's hard when the food is just not there to eat. Yesterday I had access to turkey so that was ok. And my Mom is on WW so she always cooks amazing and healthy meals so that was easy. But the baby shower did me in. I am back down to my 2 week weigh in weight this morning though. So I have 3 more days to see what I can take off this week. Ugh.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I feel your pain esilva....I had a bridal shower and a baby shower this weekend...talk about ugh!! I completely fell off the wagon...was up FOUR lbs from last week's weigh in...for real!?!! How is that even possible??!! BOO!

Anyway, today is a new day, back on the wagon and going for a ride again We can beat this ladies!! Like Jen said....keep getting up!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #51  

So, I am curious - how is everyone planning ahead/going to handle Thanksgiving???
Old 11-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #52  

I was planning on eating Thanksgiving during one whole day...like not the day before or the day after, just THAT day. And that will be HARD enough for me because I love the leftovers for a week But my wedding is Dec. 4, so the next week. I just need to get my weight low enough to enjoy one day of Thanksgiving and I am eating whatever I want on my honeymoon, but I will be hiking all day...Then when I return from the honeymoon, back on WS until goal....
Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchik View Post
So, I am curious - how is everyone planning ahead/going to handle Thanksgiving???
I was planning on using my lean and green for my turkey dinner and packing my program food if I was going to be at my fiancé's family for any length of time. I plan to stay away from the bread (even though its my homemade!) and butter, bringing a vegi tray (they love that anyway) and their will be salad so I will bring my own dressing. I can handle a slice of white meat, a spoonful of stuffing, some green beans and 1/2c of mashed potato. I think I will bring my own potato because I know his step mom uses whole milk and smart balance butter. She will keep green beans separate for me like she did last year. I will allow myself one small sliver of pumpkin pie so I wont be having on plan dessert. I was actually thinking about making a wonderslim vanilla pudding/shake with some pumpkin pie spice instead. I just want to plan ahead and try to stay on program as best as possible.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #54  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I've never been one gorge myself on Thanksgiving, but those cressent rolls are my down fall! I will be cooking this year. And so far the menu isn't too crazy.

I am finally back on track. I just had a McD's salad for dinner (w/ fat free dressing) and it was dang tasty.

Of course I was naughty this past weekend while DH was gone. But I was only up 1 pound this AM. He made noises about going hunting again this weekend and I don't want him to. I need him around to keep myself on track! (I like to eat in secret).
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I really NEED to stay OP for turkey day or I'll never reach my goal of 175 by the 1st of the year. I keep wavering between staying as OP as possible or just gorging myself for a day and call it good. Here's how my brain works. If I gorge myself, then I'll feel totally satisfied as in I didn't miss out on anything....then I'll feel totally guilty for having done so...then I'll get right back on plan. Luckily dinner is NOT at my house so I won't have left overs. If I don't gorge myself and stay OP, then I'll feel good about my decisions, but then I'll feel like I missed out on Thanksgiving dinner and make up some excuse to eat in secret.....then feel guilty about that...and be OP....so ugh! What in the world do I do? bleh!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Thanksgiving will count as my once every 4-6 weeks pig out

I was off plan for a week (week before last), today was weigh in and I lost all the weight I gained plus another pound! and that was for 8 days off plan BIG TIME.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Hey All! Good to see our old PChop peeking in and checking back with us (11/5)

Kristi - Haven't heard from ya since the big dinner...it sure sounded yummy.
46.5# Girl!!! You are sooooo close to the big 50! Am sure you can almost taste it!

Jyoyo - Zumba sounds so much like something you would like and be good at too! Glad you found a new thing to help you toward your new goal. I am also liking the idea of a goal and have been kicking the idea around in my head. A 5% goal for me would be 9.5 lbs. - but 10 lbs would take me to a dream weight of 179! Wow, that would really be great.

Irish - thanks for giving us heads up on thoughts to share for Thanksgiving coming.

Jen - I sure can identify with the struggle you have been having......but glad to hear you are getting back on track with the liquid supplements only........ Does that include soups, or just shakes all day? Then, by detoxing for a week, didn't you say you just do the WS products only (entrees, etc.) and no lean/green?

Anyway, this food addiction we all seem to share really is a struggle and I don't believe I will ever be able to eat the way I used to ever again. Of course, I do not want to be back at that beginning weight and uncomfortable again either. Am beginning to feel fat again since plateauing and hopefully that will serve as incentive to stay OP too. Along with the idea of the 5% goal by the first of the year.

One thing about this.......we here are all in the same boat and it really helps to know that and have a place to come to in order to share our feelings.....ups and downs.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

A personal trainer once reminded me that Thanksgiving is not a week or a weekend or a day. It's a meal. My plan is to exercise in the morning, eat on plan during the day. Thanksgiving dinner will be my lean and green. I'm not planning to go crazy, but will enjoy my husband's famous stuffing. And I'm going to order one piece of pecan pie for dessert. Thankfully, the rest of my family loves Baker's Square French Silk - and I just don't care for it. So if that remains in the house, it will be easy to stay clear. And after the meal, it's back to plan.

And a question - does anyone else have a long stretch between the noon meal and dinner? On some nights, I work late and don't eat dinner until 6:30 or 7. One shake between lunch and 6:30 or 7 is killing me (I'm chew my arm off hungry). Should I throw an extra shake in there? I didn't order any of the chips/pretzels, but wondering if a bag of those might help to hold me over? The weight is coming off at a nice clip, and hate to do anything that might interfere. But I also think that long wait for dinner is leading me to overeat my lean and green. Hoping for some suggestions!

Have a great day all. And Waterwoman - couldn't agree more. The support here is fantastic!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #59  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hi all!! Yep, been busy like nuts around here lately...

Chop - good to see you again...btw...you callin' me old??? jk...Good luck with your exam and welcome back to the club!

Downer - welcome! Good to see you and best of luck as you embark on this wonderful weight loss journey!

Suzi - Good job on your loss so far and for planning ahead with having extra stuff readily available - that will help you more than you can imagine! I use to pack my daily food into a Gallon size zip loc bag. I labled them one for each day - that way I could keep up with what I had eaten and what I still had left. I just randomly made the choices on Sunday evening and would bring Mon - Fri to work w/ me. BUT now - since I'm still in my office alone I keep LOTS of boxes here (more storage here than at home) and I seem to be more on a schedule now - so I pretty much know if I've eaten all I'm suppose to or not..but yeah - the zip locs sure helped me out at first!

Jen - No doubt - not giving in to the off plan stuff is WAY better than the YUK you feel for days afterwards!! I liked your analogy on addicts..and you are SO right. Abstenance is the best way to rid yourself of addictions - however, we can't exactly do that with food - so it's best that we just retrain ourselves to do it right!

Keziah - My doctor told me Metamucil EVERYDAY..and I do it too! It's amazing how much better, more comfortable and easier ridding of waste is (is that a nice way to say poopin or what!!)...I like the Berry kind the best and always get the sugar free! It's not bad at all - a quick stir and down the hatch - it's not something you want to sip on and savor!!

Gotta get goin ladies, it's finally time to head home!! I'm SO HATIN' this new time...it's already DARK!!! UGH!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

Kristi - I hear you on this time change! I picked my boy up from daycare last night, and it was DARK. I already miss the summer nights of playing with the kids at the park after work.

Thanks to the many who recommended adding something to the afternoon snack. I had a bag of the WS pretzels with my shake in the afternoon, and it did a much better job of holding me over until dinner. Now, the pretzels tasted a little like sawdust, but that's a story for another post. Going to order some additional bags of chips on Friday (payday:-)).

And peas are have been a huge help with the entrees. I love peas, and adding a spoonful into the soups - or even the spicy pasta and cheese - give them some freshness and extra flavor. Yummm!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread