Wonderslim #5

You're on Page 33 of 34
Go to
  • WonderSlim order should be delivered today!
    Hi loveamy! I see you live in Burlington, I'm in Raleigh. I am looking forward to receiving my order from WonderSlim! Their customer service rep was very helpful when I was placing my order, and I have heard on a lot of the forums that they are very flexible with letting you customize your order. Looking forward to trying out their products and finding my favorites :-)
  • Hi everyone Im Christine and am new. I will probably be focusing on the wonderslim forum as that is the diet I intend to use. Im just made my first wonderslim order from dietdirect.com but since i live in california its not suppose to be here until the 28th and it shipped out on the 18th. I guess Thanksgiving gets in the way of package delivery. Does anyone know if I have to stop exercising when I start the wonderslim program. Or do I still continue? FYI~I am using the medifast plan with wonderslim products because there cheaper.
    Sorry for the long winded post.
  • Quote: Does anyone know if I have to stop exercising when I start the wonderslim program. Or do I still continue? FYI~I am using the medifast plan with wonderslim products because there cheaper.
    Medifast recommends only very light exercise int he first two weeks as your body adjusts to the new, lower caloric level. Then you are supposed to add in exercise a little at a time.

If you are subbing Wonderslim for Medifast the main difference is that the WonderSlim products are not as nutritionally complete as Medifast. You will need, specifically, a good vitamin supplement and a good fiber supplement. With Medifast, all of the necessary vitamins and fiber are in the meals, whereas with Wonderslim you get your protein and your calories, but the overall nutrition is not as balanced.

For example, all of my medifast meals are between 100 - 120 calories and contain 20% of each nutrient on the nutrient label, including all your vitamins, minerals and fiber. That way if you have five Medifast meals a day, you get 100% of your RDA of each nutrient. Whereas the WonderSlim products have a wider variance (between 80 - 140 calories per meal) and some nutrients are low or zero. Clearly, WonderSlim is intended for use with a daily vitamin supplement and fiber supplementation.

I use FitDay PC so I always know when I am getting all my nutrients. When I started mixing and matching WS and MF, I had to start taking supplements. Which is OK, it's not a big deal to me; I don't mind taking a supplement. It is still a huge savings! The only MF product I can't live without is the brownies. And I think I will be ordering the WS chocolate pudding, the vegetarian joe and the vegetarian chili fr the rest of my life!
  • Thank you for your quick reply shr1nk1ngme. I will watch my exercise.
    Also I will continue to take my vitamin supplement as its one recommended by my doctor and seems to be working fine. I will look into fiber supplements but have never taken those before.
    I will also go check out the FitDayPC as well, TY for the suggestion.
  • Hi all- new here, and looking for support and guidance. Started the Wonder Slim diet about a week ago. I feel a lot better so far! Look forward to meeting some people who share my experiences.
  • Hi Imask, I just received my shipment today and am so excited. It didnt come until 4pm so am starting first thing tomorrow. I am just starting as well and am so excited. Is there anything you have tried so far that you dont like? I am kinda nervous about the taste of the food, but in all fairness eating because im hungry has enver been the problem. I notice that I eat because Im bored. OTW i have no appetite what so ever. Hope you do well on your your journey, i will check in with daily weigh-ins. I can't help the daily thing, i am kind of anal about the scale, but will measure as well.
  • Just ordered WS...have a question
    I had good success when I follwed MF years ago but now I'm retired and the lower cost of WS seemed a better fit for my income.

All I really know about the program is what I saw on the dietdirect.com site when I ordered. It doesn't appear to be too different than programs I have done in the past, however.

I feel sure that the materials I get with my order will explain this but there are a few things I'd like to know prior to a grocery run if any of you can help...

What does it mean on the plan at breakfast when it lists 1 optional or 1 dairy? Of course, I understand the dairy part but I cannot find a reference as to what the optional might include. (At the present my husband does our grocery shopping so I'd rather put it on the initial list than have to send him back for something after I get my order.) Appreciate any help from those of you more familiar with the program.

Also, could you verify if I am interpreting this correctly? The way I read the program, those pastas would fall into the same category as the chili and soups, etc. (the lite entree for lunch, right?)

Then my final question (for right now, anyway...LOL) concerns the snacks. Are they allowed only as substitutes for the dessert item or can they be used for other substitutions during the day?

Again, my guess is that all this is addressed in the materials that will accompany my kit but as is often the case, I am impatient to know the answers.

I have much to lose and want to get my mindset in gear so that I can get busy once that package arrives.

Thanks in advance for your response.
  • Hey! In response to what I like/don't like.... we'll, the fruit smoothies are super sweet (which I don't like), so I just drink them super fast. I've swapped some out for aspertame-free versions so I'll let you know.

As for the bars/meals- all have been pretty tasty so far! I've noticed that in my microwave, it's tricky to "cook" the oatmeal/veggie joe/mac and cheese with the amount of water that they recommend. I use less water to start, and it seems to work much better.

As for the desserts- they leave a LOT to be desired! Cheese cake and chocolate cake both tasted terrible! Actually, it was mostly the texture that bothered me more than the taste. I swapped them out after trying one of each. Maybe you'll feel differently though.

All in all, super happy w/ options and progress! If you don't like something, WS will still take it back which is pretty awesome.

Good luck, and let me know what you think!
  • Forgot to mention
    Oops...I forgot to mention that I only got the two week starter kit so I could sample the items. None of the pastas nor some of the more appealing snacks were included so I bought those ala carte...which is why I may be confused.

I never have fit into those "one size fits all" categories and although the kits were more economical, I knew there were things in them I wouldn't like so I opted for the smallest kit. (Although, I did add in that sampler, too.)

I definitely intend to be on this much longer than two weeks though...
  • Quote: I had good success when I follwed MF years ago but now I'm retired and the lower cost of WS seemed a better fit for my income.

All I really know about the program is what I saw on the dietdirect.com site when I ordered. It doesn't appear to be too different than programs I have done in the past, however.

I feel sure that the materials I get with my order will explain this but there are a few things I'd like to know prior to a grocery run if any of you can help...

What does it mean on the plan at breakfast when it lists 1 optional or 1 dairy? Of course, I understand the dairy part but I cannot find a reference as to what the optional might include. (At the present my husband does our grocery shopping so I'd rather put it on the initial list than have to send him back for something after I get my order.) Appreciate any help from those of you more familiar with the program.

Also, could you verify if I am interpreting this correctly? The way I read the program, those pastas would fall into the same category as the chili and soups, etc. (the lite entree for lunch, right?)

Then my final question (for right now, anyway...LOL) concerns the snacks. Are they allowed only as substitutes for the dessert item or can they be used for other substitutions during the day?

Again, my guess is that all this is addressed in the materials that will accompany my kit but as is often the case, I am impatient to know the answers.

I have much to lose and want to get my mindset in gear so that I can get busy once that package arrives.

Thanks in advance for your response.
    Hey TOY,

"Optional" items are less than 20 cal/serving, and include the following items (pulled from the WS shopping guide)

-nonfat cream cheese (1tbsp)
    -nonfat margarine (4tbsp)
    -reduced fat margarine (1 tsp)
    -nonfat sour cream (1tbsp)
    -nonfat salad dressing (2tbsp)
    -salsa (1/4 cup)
    -taco sauce (1tbsp)
    -catsup (1tbsp)
    -sugar free syrup ((2tbsp)
    -low sugar jelly/jam (2 tsp)
    -artificial sweetener (1pkt)

Basically, all those "extras" that we thought might not count on the diet! Just kidding- it's actually really nice to have a quick-sheet for planning meals.
  • Thanks, lmask, for explaining the optional to me. Guess I should have known those things had to be counted somewhere!

I've been online since I posted earlier trying to read the last year of the thread.

From my "newbie" observation, it appears that as with most plans, this one works if one works the plan. Good to know since I've practically maxed out the plastic in yet another attempt at losing more than half myself.

However, I'm just going to think of it as "Merry Christmas to me" and then wonder for the next month whatever possessed me to start a month early this time. I am generally an over-achiever at procrastination!

Have a good weekend.
  • So i started this morning and weighed in at 184.2. I made the eggs in the microwave...which seems like a bad idea now. I bet the taste better on the stove. I am choking them down atm cause the texture is bothering me.
  • Quote: Hey! In response to what I like/don't like.... we'll, the fruit smoothies are super sweet (which I don't like), so I just drink them super fast. I've swapped some out for aspertame-free versions so I'll let you know.

As for the bars/meals- all have been pretty tasty so far! I've noticed that in my microwave, it's tricky to "cook" the oatmeal/veggie joe/mac and cheese with the amount of water that they recommend. I use less water to start, and it seems to work much better.

As for the desserts- they leave a LOT to be desired! Cheese cake and chocolate cake both tasted terrible! Actually, it was mostly the texture that bothered me more than the taste. I swapped them out after trying one of each. Maybe you'll feel differently though.

All in all, super happy w/ options and progress! If you don't like something, WS will still take it back which is pretty awesome.

Good luck, and let me know what you think!
    Im glad the fruit smoothies are sweet, I only ordered one box and was hoping they would be. I didn't get any desserts because they didnt really seem that tasty. I would prefer a sugar free jello at night if I really wanted dessert.

~~~TOY~~~Hi as well and welcome to the forum. I just started my WS

journey today so we will see how it goes. When you did medifast how much weight did you lose? I dont really mind losing weight slow, Id just like to see it come off a little faster than it has been . Cya on the forums.
  • Hi everyone! I did great the first week and then I started with the negative self-talk which then led to the conversation in my head questioning the diet. This of course led to the "poor pitiful me" discussion. End result, 4 days off the plan and gaining what I lost.

Is there anyone out there that struggles with the self-sabotage? I really could use some help!
  • Thanks for the reminder WaterWoman.