Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 234/189/165

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone,

I started on WS 5 weeks ago. So far, Ive lost 16 lbs. I am pretty happy with my results so far. I would like to lose 69 lbs. total. All in all, I like the WS products. And I really like is how easy diet direct has been to order from. Exchanges are a breeze too, if I havent liked something.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #377  

Default Sorry I have been gone, BUT PREGGO!

Hey Kristikins and old timers and new timers to boot!

I know I have been AWOL BUT...I got married Dec. 4 and got pregnant with a baby boy Dec. 13! I am due Sept. 13!! I am dreaming of losing the baby weight in Sept though, with WS products, if anyone wants to sell me their old stuff, please let me know. My expiration dates don't expire for a long while!

I wish everyone the best of luck with WS products they are awesome!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on your wedding and baby on the way, Brunettatty!
You didn't waste any time getting pregnant did you! LOL!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #379  

I went AWOL too, but for good reason. I was doing Nutrisystem as part of their blogger program. It certainly had its ups and downs. I am on month 5 and almost done. I was offered 2 more months, but declined. I am really not feeling it. I went to WW meetings with my step MIL and took advantage of my Lifetime membership. I got a new WS catalog in the mail, is it just me, or did they raise the price on a LOT of items. 9.99 to 10.99?? If that is the case, I think a lot of people are going to go to the other companies that sell the same product with a different label.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

irishchick they did raise the prices, but I just took advantage of the sale on their shakes!
how would you compare your experience with nutrisystem to wonderslim?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

They raised prices. And they were overpriced before, frankly. It's not like they use the top-notch ingredients. ; )

I gave my hot drinks away and the chocolate crunchies to a chocoholic family member. I figure I can give the other numerous boxes of entrees/bars/smoothies/shakes to the food pantry. It may not be FRESH food, but it's got protein and for someone with protein needs or diabetes, the lesser carbs can be helpful.

Wishing everyone weight loss success.

And hey, congrats on the marriage AND baby. double blessing...
Old 06-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #382  

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticbliss View Post
irishchick they did raise the prices, but I just took advantage of the sale on their shakes!
how would you compare your experience with nutrisystem to wonderslim?
They were both very easy. Both convienent. But I like the Wonderslim better. I think because you get to eat the one meal thats your own, it makes you better prepared for when you go off the plan. For me, it also helps me feel like I am still connected to my family and not having to eat separately. It made me more mental aware. If I did not get NS for free, I would not have done it. For me it was way too hard to deal with cooking/preparing the extras that go with these meals on top of making dinner for my family. I tried to make similar things so it would be a little easier for me. For variety, NS wins. But after a while, you find what you like and what you don't. So, eating the same things over and over gets rather boring. If you are sensitive to prepackaged foods, this isn't a good option. The sodium is a little high and since it is all shelf-stable, unless you opt for the frozen goodies, some of the food has a weird smell to it, and texture.

I think NS is good for fall type weather because the soups are pretty good. But WS is good for spring summer because the shakes can be made into smoothies which I love when the weather is nice.

My belief is any plan works, you just have to follow it, stick with it, and find one you like.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #383  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hey all!! Just a quick post and then I'll get to read what I've missed. So...I need to apologize first...I say I'm back, and then I go away again...SO SORRY for that! This time, I'm here to stay! Keep reading, you'll see why!! I mentioned HCG in a post - and even started a new thread about it (or tried to anyway), the moderators shut me down cause it's "not a healthy plan" blah blah blah..anyway, determined to try it anyway, I "loaded" Wed and Thurs - ate till my little heart was content, it' was kind of fun, but almost sickening too! So today was my first day of 500 cals..OMG..I have been starving ALL DAY! And I've had 2 ltrs of water already! My breakfast was unsweet coffee w/ NO CREAM - GAG...morning snack was an apple, lunch was boiled shrimp on romaine lettuce w/ 1/2 of a lemon juiced on it and garlic salt and 1 yes 1 grissini breadstick (those long skinny crunchy ones - but only 1) and dinner tonight was suppose to be a mock of lunch...UMMM I honestly don't think I've ever been so hungry in all of my life! I worked out of town today so on my way home was chuckling to myself (after I already gave in and had a 1/2 graham cracker w/ pb on it so I wouldn't die on my trip home), I was chuckling because here I have, starved myself all day long, absolutely miserable in hopes to average the very same weight loss as I got w/ WS and I was NEVER hungry w/ WS. How much sense does that make??? SO needless to say, as soon as I walked in my house tonight I had a shake - OMG the BEST thing EVER! And now I have a renewed LOVE for WS! Breakfast is hard for me if it's not quick like cereal - so tomorrow I'm gonna make up a bunch of the hotcakes and freeze them for the week - so I'll be set on that and will drag out my gallon zip locs for each day of the week and get them all packed and ready to go!
Now, I'm definitely gonna need motivation from yall - I NEED Yall!!! So kick me in the rear if I need it - it's for my own good!!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #384  
Calorie Cutting Queen

BrunetteAtty: CONGRATS on your BIG exciting news!! WOW...best wishes to you on both!! Sounds like Mirtika may be able to send her goods your way...just a thought!

Chrystal - SO good to see you again! And to know that with a choice - you'd re-pick WS! That's comforting (especially if you just read above about how my day was today!) Oh and yes, the prices went up - but luckily I'm super stocked from before and the goodies I got from you too! I should be good for a while!

Hello Domesticbliss - looks like you're a newbie!! Tell us about you! Have you started WS already or waiting on your pkg???

:-) Harvester :-)
Old 06-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #385  

Just completed week #7 of WS and am down 20 lbs. I havent been excersising at all and I need to get moving. Its been hard to get motivated due to the wet rainy weather here in the PNW. I feel great and am happy with my results so far. Of course I wish it was coming off quicker.....LOL. But overall, I have been pleased with WS.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Hey all!! Just a quick post and then I'll get to read what I've missed. So...I need to apologize first...I say I'm back, and then I go away again...SO SORRY for that! This time, I'm here to stay! Keep reading, you'll see why!! I mentioned HCG in a post - and even started a new thread about it (or tried to anyway), the moderators shut me down cause it's "not a healthy plan" blah blah blah..anyway, determined to try it anyway, I "loaded" Wed and Thurs - ate till my little heart was content, it' was kind of fun, but almost sickening too! So today was my first day of 500 cals..OMG..I have been starving ALL DAY! And I've had 2 ltrs of water already! My breakfast was unsweet coffee w/ NO CREAM - GAG...morning snack was an apple, lunch was boiled shrimp on romaine lettuce w/ 1/2 of a lemon juiced on it and garlic salt and 1 yes 1 grissini breadstick (those long skinny crunchy ones - but only 1) and dinner tonight was suppose to be a mock of lunch...UMMM I honestly don't think I've ever been so hungry in all of my life! I worked out of town today so on my way home was chuckling to myself (after I already gave in and had a 1/2 graham cracker w/ pb on it so I wouldn't die on my trip home), I was chuckling because here I have, starved myself all day long, absolutely miserable in hopes to average the very same weight loss as I got w/ WS and I was NEVER hungry w/ WS. How much sense does that make??? SO needless to say, as soon as I walked in my house tonight I had a shake - OMG the BEST thing EVER! And now I have a renewed LOVE for WS! Breakfast is hard for me if it's not quick like cereal - so tomorrow I'm gonna make up a bunch of the hotcakes and freeze them for the week - so I'll be set on that and will drag out my gallon zip locs for each day of the week and get them all packed and ready to go!
Now, I'm definitely gonna need motivation from yall - I NEED Yall!!! So kick me in the rear if I need it - it's for my own good!!
A friend of mine did the 500 cal diet for 20 days. She lost 20 lbs, but looks kind of sickly, not healthy. You can't exercise at all on the diet, so I think your muscles lose some of their tone if you are someone that normally exercises.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #387  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Happy Monday! I did as I said, I made up 7 packets of Hot cakes (added different flavorings to them for some variety) and put them in baggies in the freezer for the week; and I packed up my 7 gallon zip locs with my food for each day. That really seems to help me not "wing it"! Doing good so far! Saturday and Sunday, both, on plan!! YAY! Working out of town again today, so I premade 2 shakes last night (put them in the freezer here at the office this morn; should be perfect by the time I need them!) and had my morning shake and hotcake on the way in this morning.
Oh and from my 2 days of "loading" I gained 3 more pounds, but luckily all but .5 of that is gone now! And I'm gonna try real hard to not weigh myself except once a week - yall know how hard that is, but it can get discouraging when you see a stall or a teeny tiny loss or even a gain - knowing you did everything right!
Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll be in my town tomorrow and Wed and off Thurs/Fri - but will be having a yard sale (so am I really off??)...

1 more thing...what do yall put on your hotcakes? This morning I just put some Best Life butter on it, but it was kind of bland (even though I used the Fudge Brownie Capella drops in the mix). Saturday I diced up cherries and put in there, and topped w/ ff coolwhip. It was good, but can't do that everyday!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #388  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Just wanted to report - I'm now having my Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie that I made last night and refrigerated. Put in freezer this morning when I got to work (8AM), it's now 10AM - slushy and yummy! So pre-making works great! I put it in an empty water bottle so I could shake shake shake it and then can toss it when empty - GREAT!!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #389  

I just use sugar free maple syrup on my pancakes. I havent ever tried anything else.

I know what you mean about trying not to weigh in more than once a week. I started off that way but just couldnt do it. I needed to see somthing happening to keep me motivated. But the longer Im doing this, the easier it gets to not watch the scale every day. I still wiegh in more than once a week but I only record my loss every Saturday.

I still MUST try and get some excercise in!!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #390  
Calorie Cutting Queen

I'm not a mover either...who has time for it? I'm sure I could squeeze in some stationery bike time while dinner is cooking or something, but the days I work - who has the energy or mind set to do MORE!!??!!
The sugar free syrup I tried was slimey (and I'm totally a texture girl)...maybe I need to try a more expensive brand. You know back in the spring (when I wasn't caring what I ate) I was baking cupcakes like mad on a ladies retreat I went on- bough REAL maple syrup for one of the recipes and used the leftover on pancakes/french toast etc till it was gone - OMG, nothing like the REAL maple stuff - not the mrs. butterworths!! YUM! But dang it was WAY expensive! (that's why I insisted on using it all up!)
I have to toot my horn...I'm 4 1/2 days in and still doing GREAT! I'm logging in EVERYTHING I eat and drink and really sticking with the plan! I'm feeling so good about it!
Happy Hump Day!
Closed Thread