Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keziah23 View Post
that's awesome! thanks!
I've added in a serving of fruit to my daily 5 meal replacements & 1 lean and green, maybe in my next revision I'll move more towards the WS program, I like the idea of being able to have a slice of bread on occasion ( I even like Ezekiel bread!)

Doing the program without cheating must result in great loss. I eat nearly twice the estimated program calories and use WS as an adjunct (snacks, to make up when I have too much at one meal). I eat roughly 1700-1800 calories (I eat at the number of calories it might take to maintain GOAL weight) and use the hot cakes a lot for breakfast, often with one of the bariwise fruit drinks, I use the bars as desserts, and I use the shakes/puddings as meal replacements or between meal protein snacks.

I lose 1 to 2 lbs a week when I stay around 1800 or fewer calories. I guess I'd lose 3-4 if I followed their plan, but I like actual food and I want to train myself to eat the way I have to to maintain a healthful weight for what's left of my LIFE.

I had Ezekiel bread and eggs and papaya for my last two breakfasts, and for the previous ones this past week, I used WS hotcakes.

I had too much at lunch yesterday, so dinner was a WS vanilla cream shake. Snack was a shake, too.

Tonight, I had half a protein bar for dessert. I sometimes use the entrees as light lunches or light dinners (I especially like the spicy cheese pasta with added veggies cooked on the stovetop with some real cheese on top.)

I just made it past 50 pounds lost, and I credit a lot of breaking my 2+ years stall to WS helping keep me lower carb and fuller and higher protein. It's nice to have serving pouches and ease. And I love, love those hotcakes.

Plus having the puddings, shakes, and bars lets me have non-fruit desserts that are pre-portioned, which simplifies life.

But yeah, if you follow the program to the letter, you should have terrific weekly losses--at minimum 2 pounds for those with really slow metabolisms OR those slimmer and closer to their goal weights, to 3+ for others, even 4+ for the bigger folks. I'm okay with losing 1 to 1.5, sometimes 2, cause of my particular reason (eating at goal calorie level.)

From what I've seen from committed Medifast and WonderSlim dieters (no deviations, lower end of options), they lose BIG. But with WS, I think it's nice you can eat REAL food one meal and have some milk and fruit in addition.

Happy dieting this week...

Last edited by Mirtika; 11-04-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

I've got my bag of meals packed for the day. It's official - 20 lbs to lose. I had one heck of a migraine yesterday that seems to thankfully be gone today. Would have made for an extra tough start. Here we go!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #18  

Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know, after 2 weeks on program, I am down 5 pounds!! I guess last weeks T.O.M. resulted in some water retention, per usual. I am going to get back on the exercise bandwagon next week.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #19  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

YAY Irish!! That's a wonderful loss!! Keep it up...looks like you're doing your homework (and thanks for posting it here for us to "copy"!!)

I've been "mad" at hubs for the last few days...our son baked cookies Monday night and I had a HALF of a cookie in my hand - yep..you guessed it...blue lights and sirens - the FOOD POLICE said "you NEED to throw that away"..I growled and slung it across the kitchen and stomped off into the other room. He says "we were playing back and forth and I'm not apologizing for something I didn't do"...I say he was playing the food police and if I wanted to eat the WHOLE pan of cookies I can. So I've spoken to him only when necessary since then. If he's not apologizing I'm not forgiving! I know that's VERY petty considering how close our relationship is; he's my BEST friend; but he knows how I feel about people deciding for me what I can eat. And he can say he was playing all he wants - but it hurt my feelings and I think he should apologize for hurting me - whether he meant to or not. It's like rear-ending someone in a car; chances are you didn't mean to do it, but wouldn't you get out and apologize immediately anyways?? Am I wrong in my thinking?? So of course me in my meanness - I took it farther last night. At dinner I sat down at the table with only my drink and said, "well, you want to be my food police so you can fix my plate, give me whatever you think I should eat - if anything. And if you don't think I should eat, then don't give me anything". That made him mad - so he said, "You know you need to eat, and I'm not your food police so you fix your plate." I wouldn't budge. So I went to bed hungry last night. I did ask him around 9ish if he thought I could at least have a shake. He said "you are being rediculous". So I took that as a No. I know it sounds childish to the max - but like I said, I feel like an apology is owed to me. He is usually so loving and patient and quick to make things right when he's done something stupid - but for some reason he thinks it's my fault for him hurting my feelings...UGH...I need a shake...
Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Yay irish!

That's a great loss for 1 week! Congratulations! Don't get discouraged. There is a girl in my office who is having to lose for her diabetes and she didn't lose at all last week and she actually had gained .5 and it really got to her. Try to remember how far you've come!

So my official 2 week weigh in was this morning and I have lost 8.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks on Wonderslim. I picked up a 10 lb weight this morning. And realizing that I shed almost that much and that I carried that much more weight around was a little unnerving! LOL

I have been really great with the diet though. I am finding I can subsititute a few things in there and still lose. Like lowfat cottage cheese, high in protein, no carbs (the one I had) and very little fat. Less than 2 grams. And so I don't have to do just the cereal or the dereadful eggs. blech....

And in the last 2 weeks I did fish tacos at Rubious and last night the kids wanted McDonalds after my daughters horse riding lessons and so I only got 2 of the small snack wraps , grilled and no soda, no fries and lost almost a lb yesterday. So my body is letting me throw in a semi-cheat day in there. I did eat a few of the hubby's fries. Oh were they delicious. I love french fries. ha ha ha.

So I am excited to just stick with it. I hadn't started exercising yet because when I do I tend to want to gorge myself and I wanted to give my body time to adjust to this new diet.

Hang in there everyone!!
Erin
Old 11-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
YAY Irish!! That's a wonderful loss!! Keep it up...looks like you're doing your homework (and thanks for posting it here for us to "copy"!!)

I've been "mad" at hubs for the last few days...our son baked cookies Monday night and I had a HALF of a cookie in my hand - yep..you guessed it...blue lights and sirens - the FOOD POLICE said "you NEED to throw that away"..I growled and slung it across the kitchen and stomped off into the other room. He says "we were playing back and forth and I'm not apologizing for something I didn't do"...I say he was playing the food police and if I wanted to eat the WHOLE pan of cookies I can. So I've spoken to him only when necessary since then. If he's not apologizing I'm not forgiving! I know that's VERY petty considering how close our relationship is; he's my BEST friend; but he knows how I feel about people deciding for me what I can eat. And he can say he was playing all he wants - but it hurt my feelings and I think he should apologize for hurting me - whether he meant to or not. It's like rear-ending someone in a car; chances are you didn't mean to do it, but wouldn't you get out and apologize immediately anyways?? Am I wrong in my thinking?? So of course me in my meanness - I took it farther last night. At dinner I sat down at the table with only my drink and said, "well, you want to be my food police so you can fix my plate, give me whatever you think I should eat - if anything. And if you don't think I should eat, then don't give me anything". That made him mad - so he said, "You know you need to eat, and I'm not your food police so you fix your plate." I wouldn't budge. So I went to bed hungry last night. I did ask him around 9ish if he thought I could at least have a shake. He said "you are being rediculous". So I took that as a No. I know it sounds childish to the max - but like I said, I feel like an apology is owed to me. He is usually so loving and patient and quick to make things right when he's done something stupid - but for some reason he thinks it's my fault for him hurting my feelings...UGH...I need a shake...
Thank you!

I know this is not funny, but I had to give a little giggle. I don't really have any food police around, at least not those telling me what I can't have. But I do have the food pushers and the guilters around. The "oh you can have just one" or the "oh I worked so hard on that" even better, "I made your favorite!" UGH!! If anything I have become the food police in our house. I prepare all the meals on the weekends so I can make sure his daughter gets the proper nutrition she is suppose to have because at her moms they eat fast food ALL the time. And I fix her plate. I also make his plate, but only because I have to make my plate too and he pretty much gets what I don't. He gets to eat a lot of calories because he teaches JuJitsu 2 nights a week for 3-4 hours and MMA training 1-2X a week and he burns through pretty much what he eats. But right now, I am trying to get him to eat cleaner, better for his health.

The only thing I am REALLY bad about is Ramen noodles. OMG he used to eat 2 packages a DAY! So I dont even bring them in the house anymore. He will try once in a while at the store to get my to buy some and once in a blue moon I will buy 1-2 packages. When I make them I add peas or broccoli to them to bulk them up a bit. I hate them anyway, but him and his daughter love them.

Your temper sounds like me. I have a knack for throwing things across my kitchen, too!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Ah ha! SEE! I knew if you just stuck to it (especially knowing that you had that hormonal thing happening) that you'd see some terrific results! Way to go Chrystal! Keep up the awesome work!

Also, watch the exercise. Depending upon how much you're eating (if you're staying around 1200 or so) you really don't need to do more than a good solid walk every day, and maybe a little light resistance training. It's, honestly more about getting in the habit of getting regular movement every day (especially as this will become essential in maintenance) than it is about killing yourself. In fact, I find I lose much better/more consistently when I keep the exercise to a minimum. Oddly, this is something my doc has noticed regularly in her practice.

-Jen
I did have a cheat night, and a night I ate out the first week and I tried to stay within the plan as best as I could. I am still learning and making those changes and getting used to ordering things differently when I go out to eat.

I don't like exercise to be honest with you. I am not a gym person. I do love my treadmill though and walking outside with the dogs when the weather is nice. That is me time. When I am on the treadmill I can read a magazine, a book or my Nook and just be free from reality for a little while. I also love the Walk Away the Pounds videos and have quite a few of those. I used to do Yoga all the time to help with stretching and stress. I would like to get back in to that as well. So maybe 15-30min on the treadmill, 10-20 yoga.

I do have that flabby skin on my upper arms and the upper part of my legs. I have a weight machine that I am going to start doing a few reps on that to help tighten my skin back up a bit.

Really, I just want to be healthy overall. And these are the best things for me to do since I know I wont stick to a workout regimen anyway. LOL

I even found some bars I liked! I like the butter toffee and the caramel brownie. As much as I love peanut butter it seems those are the ones that are super dry and hard to choke down.

Last edited by irishchik; 11-04-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #23  

My husband was doing the "just try it" and "mmmmm" when we would drive past some place that is delicious and totally unhealthy! LOL I told him if he did it again, he was sleeping on the couch. He hasn't done it since he has been SO supportive thankfully. He actually has lost a few lbs too! Just by changing our dinners around and my not bringing all of the regular snacks into the house.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esilva1 View Post
That's a great loss for 1 week! Congratulations! Don't get discouraged. There is a girl in my office who is having to lose for her diabetes and she didn't lose at all last week and she actually had gained .5 and it really got to her. Try to remember how far you've come!

So my official 2 week weigh in was this morning and I have lost 8.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks on Wonderslim. I picked up a 10 lb weight this morning. And realizing that I shed almost that much and that I carried that much more weight around was a little unnerving! LOL

I have been really great with the diet though. I am finding I can subsititute a few things in there and still lose. Like lowfat cottage cheese, high in protein, no carbs (the one I had) and very little fat. Less than 2 grams. And so I don't have to do just the cereal or the dereadful eggs. blech....

And in the last 2 weeks I did fish tacos at Rubious and last night the kids wanted McDonalds after my daughters horse riding lessons and so I only got 2 of the small snack wraps , grilled and no soda, no fries and lost almost a lb yesterday. So my body is letting me throw in a semi-cheat day in there. I did eat a few of the hubby's fries. Oh were they delicious. I love french fries. ha ha ha.

So I am excited to just stick with it. I hadn't started exercising yet because when I do I tend to want to gorge myself and I wanted to give my body time to adjust to this new diet.

Hang in there everyone!!
Erin

Erin that is great!!!

I remember when I was in weight watchers and we would lose the first 5lbs, our leader would give us a bag of sugar to show us that is what we lost. It was a real eye opener.

This plan has been the easiest I have ever been on and its nice to not have to count points. Even the calorie count is minimal since 90% is already planned for you. I am reading the labels, making notes for when I go in to maintenance.

I have some little snack size (4oz) cottage cheese packs that I found and they are great as the dairy option.

Before I started WS and was just logging calories, when I went out for Mexican, say taco bell, I would order everything fresco style. No cheese, extra vegi and salsa. I do that when I go to a sit down Mexican. Hold the cheese or just use half depending on what I had that day. I get everything on the side. If I want chips, I break them up in to smaller pieces before digging in to the salsa, and I count them out before hand. I check calories on most things before I go out to eat, now I have most of them memorized and know what to pick at certain places. My weakness is avocados/guacamole. So I make sure to plan, plan, plan ahead! At home I make it fresh myself so I know exactly whats in it. I know some places mix it with sour cream.

After church we like to take his daughter to McD's because they have a playland. Most of the other church kids go so she can play with them a bit longer. I usually get a side salad, ff dressing and water or diet pop. Some days I have a fruit and yogurt parfait, but hold the granola. A regular hamburger can be part of a diet so long as its the small one and no cheese. I have even go so far as eating it with no bun, or taking the bottom half of the bun off and folding it in half. Once in a while I have a small fry. The fruit and walnut salad is a good option and very filling/yummy as well.

Wendy's is my favorite because you can get a plain baked potato and chili for minimal calories and its filling.

When I go to Subway I have them scoop out the extra bread and fill it full of vegetables.

Coffee shops used to bother me but I have learned over the years they all will cater to what you want. Tim Horton's is the only one I really have a problem with because they do not have skim milk, only 2%. So I tell them to put the milk in first, a splash. Should only fill not even an inch of the bottom of my cup. Splenda and we are good to go. Their coffee is pretty good so I don't mind it with no flavor. And then I have 1 donut hole. It is my treat. I have looked at their nutritional guides, they do have healthy option items. With Starbucks I order everything non fat milk no whip. And small. At my local coffee shop, which I LOVE, they have all the regular syrups in a sugar free version so the only calories my coffee has is from the little bit of milk. And the owner is awesome. We measure my milk once (1/4c) so I know exactly where to tell his workers to pour the milk to in the cups. LOL. Its a rare treat I go out and pay for coffee, so when I do, I want it to be worth it! Coffee at home is 8 O'clock brand Hazelnut whole beans. I grin the beans myself. No milk. Just splenda and 1tbsp pf fat free hazelnut cream. Its yummy.

So, over the years I have taken the time to stick to many of the changes I made while I was on weight watchers. I just slacked on it for a couple of years and within the last year started to really make those swaps again.

You can eat anywhere you want. The trick is to plan ahead, plan your other meals around it, try to find the nutritional value before you go, ask for things on the side, skip creams and butters, ask for extra vegetables, and so on. I have learned every place with do what you want, if you just ask!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziC View Post
I've got my bag of meals packed for the day. It's official - 20 lbs to lose. I had one heck of a migraine yesterday that seems to thankfully be gone today. Would have made for an extra tough start. Here we go!
I have been suffering from migraines since I was 9 yrs old. They suck! This time of year is always bad for me. With the time change close, all the darkness and the sudden drop in temps, it always seems to trigger me. I have woken up with a terrible headache the last 5 days and I know if I don't medicate, it will turn into a full blown migraine and that literally takes me out of commission for a whole day. So I have been drinking this new 50cal OJ mixed with water for some extra Vit C (i make that 1 serving last me all day) and green tea to keep myself from feeling like I have the funk.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #26  

I am very afraid to go anywhere to eat because I don't want to gain the weight back! LOL
But I am easing up as I realize that things like fish tacos with only salsa and cabbage are not BAD. I could make the same thing at home for my lean and green and add more veggies and there you go. So I am trying not to be too rigid I don't want to end up with OCD on the eating.

I am having the Wonderslim Chili. Just got it today and Yum! I threw in a tiny amt of shredded Kraft fat free cheese and non fat sour cream and it's delicious! Thing is with these small portions there is no need for a lot of anything like cheese because it would be too much. So literally a tsp or so and that's it.

But this is really good. I am going to try the Sloppy Joe tomorrow.

So far I like most everything on the WS diet. Not crazy about the spicy mac and cheese, cooks weird. And I can't stand the eggs I am just too lazy to send them back so i eat them about 1 time /week. Blech.

The rest has been really good. The steak and cheese mac is yummy too with a dash of hot sauce.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esilva1 View Post
I am very afraid to go anywhere to eat because I don't want to gain the weight back! LOL
But I am easing up as I realize that things like fish tacos with only salsa and cabbage are not BAD. I could make the same thing at home for my lean and green and add more veggies and there you go. So I am trying not to be too rigid I don't want to end up with OCD on the eating.

I am having the Wonderslim Chili. Just got it today and Yum! I threw in a tiny amt of shredded Kraft fat free cheese and non fat sour cream and it's delicious! Thing is with these small portions there is no need for a lot of anything like cheese because it would be too much. So literally a tsp or so and that's it.

But this is really good. I am going to try the Sloppy Joe tomorrow.

So far I like most everything on the WS diet. Not crazy about the spicy mac and cheese, cooks weird. And I can't stand the eggs I am just too lazy to send them back so i eat them about 1 time /week. Blech.

The rest has been really good. The steak and cheese mac is yummy too with a dash of hot sauce.

I enjoy eating out and its a part of my life. Not a lot mind you, but we do host dinner parties, and we rotate between houses of the other couples. We also have a girls night and that is either dinner here or out. Tonight it happens to be out and a movie. So I have to reteach myself what to eat and train myself to not be shy in front of the waiter/waitress.

I really enjoyed the chili and I actually had the sloppy joe today. I had some pepridge farm very thin wheat sliced bread. Very thin and very small. 2pc is about 70cals so I toasted those, used some I can't believe its not butter spray and put the joe mix on the bread. It was yummy. I had that for lunch.

I really like the mac and cheese but doubt I will order it again since its only 3 per box like the alfredo. Yummy, but I have found a frozen meal cheaper and pretty close to the same nutritional values so I wont be spending $9.99 for 3 packs on these two.

I do like the spicy cheese mac and the cheese steak. I have not added anything to either of these. I read a few recipes on the DD website, but I like them as-is.

I found the trick with the eggs is to not cook them in the microwave and add a little bit of extra water and some pepper. I even cooked some mushrooms and green peppers with them. I cook them slow in a PAM coated pan and stir consistently and found they cook up much better that way. WS says you can substitute egg beaters or egg whites. I might start doing that, I was doing egg whites before WS anyway. I can get eggs fairly cheap and often free from friends who have chickens.

I think the portions are great since I am retraining myself to get back in the vegi mode.

I am glad I made this choice and was even talking to my fiancé tonight about ordering another 4wks or 12wks as I will have some extra college money after tuition is paid and I think that would be a nice investment for myself. I have quite a bit of food here still, but I DO need more of the cream pudding/shake supplement. I was confused about what to order and did not order enough of that.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #28  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey, all. I've been missing notifications on this new thread, and I've been busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger!

I've got an example of "Be careful what you wish for." I was wishing for a project for this weekend so I would keep busy and not binge. Well, my sis-in-law and her family are coming for Thanksgiving and they're planning on staying at our house (they thought maybe they'd use miles and stay at a hotel). So... that means I need to clear out the rooms and do a clean. Also, we're refinancing our house (@ 4% interest!!!!) and an appraiser will be coming through, so a clean/organize is needed anyway.

I am .2 pounds away from the 150's. Is this a deja vu for anyone?? I seem to have gone down this road before. But, I was able to use the 2nd clasp in on my formerly slightly too tight bra. My waist size is still pretty much the same!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

I ate mashed potatoes for dinner!

Betty Crocker Cheddar and Sour cream, their packets come with only 2 servings, so I made that along with turkey meatloaf and asparagus for my husband and I. I couldn't even finish my mashed potatoes though!

2 months ago me not finishing mashed potatoes would have been crazy!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Hi All You Big Losers!
Hey Kristi - That whole scene - while kinda funny from the outside looking in - was what my mother would have called "cutting off your nose to spite your face!" The 'food pushers' and the 'food police' am sure all mean well.....but depending on my mood at the time, I can either blow it off or react. I've done both (as you could tell from my mom's old comment)... Am sure the two of you will be back to being best buds again soon if not already

Erin & Irish - Great jobs on your weight losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree about the ICKY eggs! Then got to thinking about it and why not just eat real eggs anyway?!
Yay!! GMeg - still losing.......you need to adjust your ticker to reflect it too!!

to everyone else.......hope you all have a good evening!

Last edited by Waterwoman64; 11-04-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Closed Thread