Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #16  

I wouldn't do it girl. I really wouldn't. but I know you are chomping at the bit. I understand because the food really does look outrageously delicious. I feel you. I really do. Almost all the meals look incredible (and all stuff I like). There's just too much evidence out there that's hard to ignore. Not only that, but my own personal experience was very grim. Do you know that even today when I asked that supervisor (who says he has been with eDiets forever) if they got even one of my many emails begging them to please cancel, he said he shows nothing in the system! That was also a compliant I saw in several places. People stating that they never respond to emails. People saying that nobody is ever there to chat live as they claim, and I am proof positive of this. They are night of the living dead scary! 216 complaints through the BBB! Personally speaking .........JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to your gut on this. I was getting really bad vibes while I was talking to them. I mean REALLY Bad. I wanted to just hang up and run but I had already given her all my information and everything. They got so many games going in so many directions that it would explain why they all sound so daffy and confused. I got a different answer with every rep. My favorite part was when they made the mistake of thinking I was a mindless schmuck, and began telling me that gel packs is a much better system than dry ice! Puhleeeeeeeze! Like I am so sure (I know I valled out there for a moment), but seriously! I was wincing just listening to that garbage! The best part of that speech is when she told me in her best robotic form that the food is good on your porch for up to ten hours (You have no idea how hard it was for me to not ask her how she is able to keep a straight face when she recites that crap)!

Like call me when the shuttle lands!

I know you have to do what you feel is right, but I have to tell you that all I see is pain and suffering when I think of these people. I will probably restart with Bistro in a month or two. I love love love their reps! They are genuinely kind and warm and helpful. Jessica and Adrian are just dolls. I wish I could clone them, and have them be the reps I deal with everywhere! Darlene is also a wonderful person to deal with over there. They have class. They would never think of doing business this way. The new biggest Loser is living up to its name big time! Cya NBC! Never cared about you anyway since you don't have America's Next Top Model or any of my personal favorites. Like it's been real (NOT).....lol...

Bistro also has very high quality food, but I swear my shipment that I just got on Thursday really was another repeat except for two meals and I am only human. I just can't look at it anymore right now. I just can't. I've got some food stockpiled from them so I have at least two weeks there.

Please keep in touch and let me know what you decide to do. Either way. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Last edited by Lisa1978; 10-02-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Lisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #17  

Lisa,

I decided to hold off a bit with ediets to allow time to pass for the verdict to show if BLMP with them is going well. It is to soon to find anything on the web so will wait. I also love bistro and my box that came in didn't have anything new on it so I am with you I can't wait for the new food line to be added. I am wondering if they discontinued allot of their bag meals over the meals in trays causing a reduction of variety. I enjoy the trays but was hopeing for some new stuff after having seen a greater variety under their BLMP.

Anyway the decision I made was to go with DTG Low Carb. I actually lost a good amount of weight with them when I started off and I need to really get this scale moving. Xmas is around the corner and I was hopeing to have lost some good # by now. Anyway eating last week of bistro this week. Will take a brake next week and then when house guests leave will start DTG.
tzoavva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #18  

You are a mind reader! I was just telling my bf last night that I may go with DTG's Low Carb for maybe a month or so, and then come back to Bistro. The problem I had with them is that I don't much like their chicken and pork (which is nearly 70% of that diet). It all has the same seasoning, and it's not one that I enjoy (no matter what sauce is used over it). Although the roasted chicken half is different, and I love that one! What I do miss is their salmon, which is the best salmon I have ever tasted period! OMG that stuff is good! Huge fluffy pieces that barely have a smell to them. Very fresh! I also miss that Andouelle sausage which was to die for! That, and their breakfasts were really good! Love their sausage! The calories are very high and leave no room for snacks, which is why I didn't do so hot, even though I liked some of their food a lot.

I think I will skip the breakfasts for that reason, and just do lunches and dinners (and their hamburger is the best tasting hamburger I have ever had in my life)! I love those patties! Delicious! Anyway I think you are being smart in waiting. For me personally, there is no question mark. I've seen enough if you know what I mean. I just think they are a hot mess. I also think you hit the nail on the head with your comment about the packets and trays. I think that's exactly what happened. I notice that none of the packet meals are in tray form yet that I used to receive, so BINGO there! They are going to be getting in some new food very soon. I will definitely be returning to Bistro in the near future. They are such lovely people over there. A class act (although DTG is also quite good...very nice customer service people there too).
Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #19  

It only gets scarier. This is why I am so sorry I gave them my credit card information. This company is bad news (praying that I don't have to cancel out my card, and get a new one).

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/eDiets.aspx
Old 10-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #20  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I checked out the Diet to Go's website and the low carb option does seem to be a favorite. I've always been a low carber (for most of my adult life) so I know how quickly that can work. Please let us know how DTG works out for ya...perhaps when or if I get tired of Bistro, I'll give it a whurl! Those Beef Tips surrrrrrrrrre loooooooook gooooooooooooooood!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #21  

joyfulloser,

DTG rocks and those beef tips are yummyyyyyy. I had success last time on it so deffinately needs something to get the scale moving. I have alot of the Bistro snacks so I may add them in after a few weeks on DTG Low Carb to help cancell out some cravings I may get after a while. The last time I stopped it after being on it for 10 weeks. Just needed a change

Lisa you know what I am wondering each time I read the ediets complaints. I wonder if their meal delivery is the same as their online based company. Most of the complaints I have read seems to cover their online memberships and not so much the meal deliveries. I could be wrong...what is your take?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #22  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Tzoavva - Thanks for that info! Do you know if you can still have fruit on the DTG low carb? Donno if I can live without my fruit

I'm still loving Bistro btw, but a backup sure wouldn't hurt! Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #23  

You would completely defeat the purpose of a low carb plan by eating fruit. Huge no no with a low carb plan. A very common mistake that some people make. My doctor was the one that explained that to me when I was doing DTG some time back. He shared with me that he had lost almost 100 pounds on a low carb plan (he looked incredible, so I would have never known he was ever overweight). I was going crazy without any "fresh" foods like fruit or the occasional salad, and he told me to either go off the low carb plan or stay far away from that. Low carb diets are very high in fat and calories. The only reason they work at all with those very high fat and calorie levels, is because they make your body go into a state of Ketosis. If you were to eat all those high fat, caloric meals and still eat carbs like fresh fruit, then all you would be doing is just packing on a lot of calories and fat for nothing. I see some who are on low carb, and yet they talk about eating fresh fruit and healthy snacks when they are hungry, and not understanding the concept of a true low carb plan. If its going to work really well, you have to starve yourself of carbs, and eat only small portions of low carb veggies. Eating fresh fruit is a really healthy snack if you are not on a sugar restrictive diet, and are doing a low fat plan. A complete no no for a low carb plan. You might want to ask a doctor about this or do some research on your own. There is a lot of debate over low carb plans with few understanding what is really involved to make it work. You will find a lot of debate over this, and we could do a "battle of the links" but ask a doctor and you will get a better understanding from a medical professional. I wouldn't, though I am sure the occasional fruit would not totally derail your efforts (emphasis on occasional).

Tzoavva, I know that you are really chomping at the bit no matter what you see on this company, so you owe it to yourself to explore things and just do it. You should just do what you really feel is best for you. For me, there is no question mark about what kind of company this is, no matter what plan people choose from them (and the complaints have come from people doing various types of plans from this company). Not only that, but the complaints about stomach aches after eating their food was enough for me. I have an autoimmune problem in which I simply cannot take risks like that with bacteria or food poisoning (prior to me signing up, I truly had not seen the complaints about stomach issues. Had I seen that, no way.....no day)! If food comes defrosted, I know that's been compromised because that's easy enough to spot. When you are dealing with "fresh" food that has already been sitting for days before it is shipped, and then sitting up to three days in transit in non air conditioned hubs, trucks and loading docks, and then in your fridge for 7 days, and supposedly fine to eat even if it is only cool to the touch upon arrival, that's just too much risk for me (especially after reading about the stomach issues people have had). There was a guy that stated that when he told them about how sick he was from their food, they said he must have a food allergy to something from their plan. There were also a few others with similar statements (the company was not even willing to entertain the possibility, which is a little crazy to me considering that fact that they are using gel packs instead of dry ice, and shipping fresh food with no preservatives ground)! All you need is a hairline rip in their packaging that can easily happen in transit, and because it's fresh food with no preservatives, you create the perfect storm. One person getting sick from their food is one person too many for me (and there were several). I found other places where this company is being discussed, and it taught me a painful lesson. next time, I am going to research like crazy before doing something like this. I am angry with myself for being so careless, and not doing the research first like I usually do actually.

You seem like really nice person Tzoavva. I just don't want to see you become a statistic, but by the same token, don't let me or anyone else out here deter you from something you obviously want to do. At least you are armed with the facts from both sides now. Let us know how you make out if you decide to go this route. Maybe you will be be one of the lucky ones, and have a pleasant experience. Its getting cold now so you will definitely have a better chance trying it now than later. Good luck my friend.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #24  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Lisa - Thanks so much for that info on the fruit issue! Yeah...I've done low carb (Atkins) over the years and what eventually threw a monkey wrench in my plan was the extreme desire for FRESH FRUIT...just to make me feel HUMAN again! I love the way true "low carb" can just make those lbs fly off, but after a while I'd get bored with the meat, cheese, etc. and end up finding myself making all these "frankenfoods" to satisfy my need for something sweet (ergo low carb cheesecake made with sugar free jello and creamcheese, sugar free low carb candies, etc.).

I like that I can have a little fruit, a little sweet, a little this or that with Bistro and then have my FREE NIGHT to eat my delishous Jamaican Food (albeit portion controlled). I'm also allergic to eggs (donno what happened, but it started at age 30, I'm 43 now), so egg breakfasts are out for me. Which really limits me on low carb. On the other side, I really LOVE FAT!!! Ribs, Chicken Skin, pork rinds, fried hot wings, were staples of my diet which I generally had with a salad with full fat blue cheese or ranch. I thought I could live and die this way. Actually for a time, I think I could..lol! But eventually you get tired.

Tzoavva - It will be interesting to see how your body responds to the switch from low fat to low carb. Wonder if you'll get that first two week WHOOSH of weight loss common to switching to low carb or how your body will treat the influx of calories. Please let us know.

I'm extremely interested. May be good to switch up from low fat to low carb every few months....stay tuned...
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #25  

I second everything Lisa said about low carb. She hit it on the nail. If you plan on doing DTG Low Carb deffinately stay off the fruits. I stuck by the diet to the T and had great success the first month 19lbs. Second month 5lbs but I started to feel the affect on my body. I started to pick up my workout and guess I needed more energy from the carbs. I have slowed down a bit now since my schedule is hectict. It should slow down so good time to try DTG again. When I was on DTG LC and switched to Bistro I had a gain the first week if I recall correctly only after that very very small losses. I didn't cheat betwen the transition I stopped one plan and started the other one right away. Will tell you want happen now that I will revert back the other way.

Lisa I think the itch to try ediets has died down for now at least. I posed the question about the complaints to see if I was wrong or not that the seemed to target the plans not the meals. wow hadn't seen teh complaint about stomach issues. Kinda freeky. Thanks for the good comments about me...actually I enjoy chatting with you and tossing idea back and forth. That is my style to kind of think out loud and discuss with others and then eventually come to my own conclusion while also still respecting other. So for now we are on the same page to stay away from ediet. What the future may bring who knows but for now will hold off to see what comes about with the BLMP support of ediets. Need to place that DTG order I think by tomorrow or Mon can't recall. My out of town guests cancelled so plan to start meal plan right away and switch from Bistro to DTG LC. Will keep you posted.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #26  

I know what you mean about the frankenfoods Joyfull. Low Carb was really hard for me to do because I am a serious chocoholic (I mean serious)! I think I am a human fly because I love sugar in general. Even when I was a size 4, I consumed sugar like a darn fly. Our family was driving across country once years back, and I was a tiny thing, and yet I consumed an entire maple sugar family. Those Vermont sugar-maple confections that are to die for (literally as it would probably put a diabetic into a coma). Usually they come in the shapes of leafs and stars, etc. This was a family, and I ate them all..lol! My mom realized what I had done and said OMG this is going to be a long ride, and it was (I was literally spinning for hours in that car from all the sugar). I could have probably taken flight if given half a chance!

I always feel unhealthy on low carb plans because I can't help but think about what I am eating. Diet To Go really does have some awesome food though. I just wish the chicken and pork tasted different. I found myself substituting a lot of things, and eating more beef (their short ribs, prime rib, salmon, crab stuffed flounder, and andouille sausage are absolutely delicious)! I would love to know who their sausage supplier is!

Tzoavva, I am sooo glad you are not going this route. You really are such a nice lady, and I thought oh no....she is in for the ride of her life. As it is, I wish I could go back in time, and had never given them my credit card information period. That one lady had me freaking out with her story on one of those sites. She had not used the program for months, and suddenly her card was charged and a shipment sent! It caught her off guard, and she had to go through all this crap to get it straightened out. The food on their site looks amazing, and that's the lure. Somebody did a darn good job for them with those pictures! If only we could transport that food to a classier place like Bistro! They have quite a few new foods coming, and Darlene said she would let me know when they get them in. I can't wait. I miss them, and their wonderful customer service (without any scary fees).

With eDiets its like they have all these penalties and punishments if you try to escape! Reminds me too much of an ex bf. Its like the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave! Well you can leave but first....

We will come over and break one of your legs
We will extract a pint of blood
We will hit you with a "how dare you cancel" fee
We will hit you with a "That'll teach you to try and leave us" additional fee
We will require your first born
We will throw your credit card into a large pool with others and pick one person to mess with each week...
We will send Vinnie to your door...

Umm that would be a big no thanks for me.....

The food looks amazing, but it's just not worth it to me.

I still have a fair amount of food left in my freezer, so I am set for another week or so. If Bistro does not have their new foods in yet, I will do Diet To Go until they do. I just wish I had a JC center nearby because I really miss that french toast with berries...mmmmmmm.....

Oh and I feel like such a heffer today. I ate a bag of those Ghirardelli Caramel squares! I'll have to smack myself around later to work off the calories...lol...ugh.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #27  

Hey Tzoavva, I'm looking at doing week three through DTG (I will have run out of food by then, so it would be good timing). They let you double or even triple up on stuff you like, and that week they have the salmon, andouille sausage, short ribs, hamburger, and the crab stuffed flounder! I will get most of the foods I miss in one week!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! XOXO!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #28  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1978 View Post
Diet To Go really does have some awesome food though. I just wish the chicken and pork tasted different. I found myself substituting a lot of things, and eating more beef (their short ribs, prime rib, salmon, crab stuffed flounder, and andouille sausage are absolutely delicious)!
Mmmmmmm...sounds DELISH!!! Did you still lose weight substituting? I'd probably have to sub out alot as well...especially considering I can't eat eggs. Did you have to pay $.50 per substitution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1978 View Post
They let you double or even triple up on stuff you like, and that week they have the salmon, andouille sausage, short ribs, hamburger, and the crab stuffed flounder!
Can't wait to hear how you both do on the low carb...the food sounds outrageous!!!

BTW, I'm working out (hardcore) 6 days/week, so a little concerned with losing energy with the low carb diet. Gonna stay with Bistro while I'm still losing good....so far 14 lbs lost in 4 weeks...and hoping for a great 5th week. But like I said, wanna have a good backup when or if I start getting bored with Bistro.

Thanks a bunch and wishing you both much success and finger licking good food!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #29  

Joy,

I still lossed even when I substituted things. Even though I don't like mushrooms I tried all meals at least once. Those with mushrooms if they tasted good I kept them but just took out the mushrooms. I subbed some nasty (to me) foods or the mushrooms were baked in and hard to take out. The LC is heavy on mushrooms that is for sure.

The concern about going Low Carb and working out alot scares me as well and my trainer says I should do a higher calorie diet. I just need something to jult me for a bit. I may do the Low carb a month and then switch to the Low Fat.

Lisa,

I think we like the same things. I placed my order so picking things up on Tue. Looking foreward to breakfast meals (i know Joy you don't like eggs but they are the best thus far that I have had) and the sausages mmmm Can't wait for week 3 either loved the crab flounder.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #30  

Hey Joyfull, that's great news!

That's a lot of weight loss! So happy for you!

Actually in all the time I was with DTG, they never did charge me that fee! There is an online form that you fill out each week to substitute what you don't want with something else, and I was never charged that fee (and I did a fair amount of substituting). They do not have a problem with you doing subs at all. The rule is that it must be a meal already being served that week, so they refer to it as doubling up. If I wanted to substitute the Lemon Chicken for instance (normally I would love Lemon Chicken, but just not theirs), and subbed in the Short Ribs I was already getting that week, they would show me as doubling up on Short Ribs. That's the problem I had with doing their program long term. It's that they use so much chicken, which would be fine if I liked their chicken. Most of their chicken and pork dishes taste exactly the same, and have this strange sort of undertone to them (this salty seasoning they are marinated in) that I don't much care for.

Normally I love pork chops and stuff like that, but they use this seasoning that does not agree with my taste buds. They would be better off if they just threw the pork chops into the oven, and baked them with as few seasonings as possible, but they use some strange salty stuff instead. You can view the calories on their site for each meal as well. Tzoavva is so right about the egg dishes. This is the ONLY company I know of that knows how to make an egg dish taste incredible! Their omelet's are to die for! They are pure eggs, and made with mushrooms and real cheese and stuff like that. The sausage links that go with their western Omelet are just beyond delicious! Of course if you are allergic to eggs, that doesn't help you much! They have programs at DTG where you just buy their lunches and dinners. I'm not sure how you would handle a low carb plan, and eat breakfast with no eggs (that would be tricky). You could try buying those delicious Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage patties (yummy) and have a couple of those with one or two low carb pancakes (I think they have low carb pancake mixes online). Stuff like that can be found at places like Netrition.Com, and other low carb food supply houses.

Tzoavva, I wish I could just buy a bunch of those Andouille Sausage dinners at once, and keep them in my freezer. They are incredible! They also have an incredible calorie intake to match-the part I don't love (over 700 calories)! Of course on those days, you are supposed to eat their lighter meals to go with it, so that it's not a bad day, but still you top off at 1800 for that day with no snacks (700 calories is very hard to overcome from one meal)! Their food leaves no snack room. I could only do it for maybe a few weeks, but its good to have on hand as a back up or when you are getting tired of the same stuff (and they are very friendly, helpful, fair, and package everything in dry ice). Their food quality is pretty top notch too (short ribs are so tender that they just fall apart). Love the catfish, salmon, whitefish, and flounder! Good quality cuts of everything (you will not believe their salmon fillets trust me)! There's the good, the bad and the ugly...lol.

Hope you guys are having a beautiful Saturday!

Last edited by Lisa1978; 10-10-2010 at 09:32 AM.