3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/211114-wonderslim-4-a.html)

Kristikins 08-27-2010 04:13 PM

Wonderslim #4

Hey yall! We hit 500+ posts, so I thought I better give us a new home...hope everyone finds us over here!! Come join our WS fun and movement challenge!! :carrot:

jyoyo78 08-27-2010 05:52 PM

I'm here, I'm here...thanks for starting new thread Kristi!

JanellBea 08-27-2010 09:01 PM

Found ya!

Kristikins 08-27-2010 10:20 PM

YAY!!! Now where's everybody else??

JanellBea 08-28-2010 12:11 AM

I just read the challenge rules on the #3 thread and it sounds great!!! If any of you are like me, you have a TON of exercise videos sitting around that you have collected over the years. I will list a few of mine and see if anyone wants to join me. I think it is fun to be doing the same thing. So here are a few of my choices:

Walk Away The Pounds
Windsor Pilates
Jillian Michaels 30-day shred
Power 90
Biggest Loser Yoga for Weight Loss
Slim in 6

So, Sept 1 is the day?

jyoyo78 08-28-2010 01:11 AM

Oh yeah...I have lots of videos too...ugh. I have the 30 day shred....actually like that one :o) And walk away the pounds. like that one too...but I don't like Leslie Sansone's laugh...it's a little irritating...lol

Sept. 1 here we come!!! Watch out!!

JanellBea 08-28-2010 02:34 AM

I am excited too! I love a good challenge, I am that typical "A" type personality who is very competitive! I love the extra push that a challenge gives me:)

Are you going to do the videos or do you have something planned? I am thinking I might just do a variety of videos through out the week. I am contemplating going back to Curves, I love that it is only 30 minutes and you are done!!

mollymai 08-28-2010 11:00 AM

Hello every one. I messed up when I started the last thread it was actually the fourth so this one is the 5th thread. lol What a way to throw everyone off, but we are still going strong so tha's all that matters :).

Anyway my summer recess was over Sept 23rd and I went back to work, I received a couple of complements, one from a co worker, my husband and my son, it made me feel really good. I also notice that I do better a work because I have my WS meals and my water and at home I have most of my food prepared already and the only thing I need to make is veggies. I use my crockpot more now because the meat is good and juicy that way and it holds the seasoning well, gotta love that crock pot lmao.

The only thing that concerns me is that I don't get paid until Sept 30th and I am running out of my favorite foods from WS, but I will to the best I can to substitute and eat moderatlely.

I will weigh in tomorrow, but I know my results will be low because I ate pizza yesterday and the other day had Fosters Freeze, just needed to splurge.

Type to you all soon.

Waterwoman64 08-28-2010 12:00 PM

Jyoyo - before I forget.......BIG YAY!!!! on your loss!!!
Kristi - I like your plan. Think I will begin (gulp - this means sign up, pay up and commit - gulp) to water aerobics. It is Mon, Wen & Fri early mornings. then will walk on either Sat. or Sun.
Thanx for starting our new thread! How do you tell how many posts there are?
Jennell - I don't (surprisingly) have any videos. I do have all the books and cookbooks though - Ha! Can probably tell by that alone how much I really need to do some kind of exercise!! Am so glad to get everyone's recommendations on what videos they like here. I will be doing outside walking as much as possible until the rains hit - then indoors on the treadmill if I don't swim.
Molly - Sooooo glad to hear people are noticing and complimenting you!! I agree about the crockpot too. Sounds like you have the right attitude about the food and all.....you can make it until the next WS comes in.
Hey - did you miss the Challenge discussion? Are you in or out?

Waterwoman64 08-28-2010 12:03 PM

Hey - had another question for the Challenge........Do we keep points for this?
Have never done one of these, but it sounds so good.
Sept. 1 sounds good to me for a start date. Hope we hear everyone on this!

goddessmeg 08-28-2010 12:04 PM

Day 1 = Success!!

I had a great Day 1. Well, I felt a little icky in the AM and had to rush to the bathroom (TMI, sorry) but since then I'm fine. I didn't cheat and stayed on program 100%. I was awfully hungry for dinner so I'm going to move the fruit from the AM to the afternoon snack. I also just had soup for my entree at lunch and I'll try one of the "meals."

Of course I weighed myself this AM. And according to my scale, I've lost between .5 and 2.5 pounds!!!!!

Today is MY day. My DH and stepson are now at the State Fair. I just hit a Croc's warehouse sale and got 2 pair for a total of $10. I'm watching "The Nanny" and enjoying the quiet in my house.

Life is good!

Destinova 08-28-2010 12:14 PM

Found you guys!!! I've been still sticking to the plan pretty religiously! I got a new shipment- I really like the WS Alfredo, Mac & Cheese, & Steak Mac & Cheese, & Coconut Chocolate bars. The PB&J bars are really good too! I do not like the cookies -blah, tastes like cardboard!! The sour cream & onion rings are REALLY good, and there is a lot in the bag! Now only if they made PIZZA!!! As for the shakes, the cocomint is my favorite! I purchased a couple of blender ball bottles from Amazon, and they really work good. I freeze mine then let them melt a bit, and they are really cold, frothy, and yummy!!! I am a big fan of WS!!

JanellBea 08-28-2010 12:46 PM

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Congrats on your first day and loss goddess!!

Desti, I just purchased a couple of things from the fit-fresh website and I am really happy with them. One is a big, 28 oz, bottle with a little paddle blender inside it, so it mixes things up really well, makes sure nothing gets stuck on the bottom, and best of all, while you are drinking, you can 'freshen' it up by just hitting the button and it re-mixes all over again. Really likn' it!!

Water, I like the idea of assigning a points value for the challenge, and then of course we could have a winner at the end of the month!! I love competition, it keeps me on my game!! Maybe we could incorporate eating on plan? Water? and the exercise? maybe have 3 chances to earn points each day? Just a thought.

Love the Nanny re-runs - actually, I love mindless TV! I have been having a lazy Saturday morning watching paid programing. It is SO tempting to buy those wonderful little gadgets:)

I havent actually comitted to the plan yet, I do well for a day and then slip the next - too many stresses in my life right now. Hubby and I are going away for Labor Day weekend (leaving thursday) and then I plan on getting back on the plan the day after Labor Day. I am going to do this!! I will start the exercise challenge on the 1st though.

Hope you are all having a great day, we are having beautiful weather here in Missouri.

BTW, someone ask for snail mail - I am too new to send private messages, I have to wait for 20 posts and 20 days, so I will send it when I can.

mollymai 08-28-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterwoman64 (Post 3456859)
Jyoyo - before I forget.......BIG YAY!!!! on your loss!!!
Kristi - I like your plan. Think I will begin (gulp - this means sign up, pay up and commit - gulp) to water aerobics. It is Mon, Wen & Fri early mornings. then will walk on either Sat. or Sun.
Thanx for starting our new thread! How do you tell how many posts there are?
Jennell - I don't (surprisingly) have any videos. I do have all the books and cookbooks though - Ha! Can probably tell by that alone how much I really need to do some kind of exercise!! Am so glad to get everyone's recommendations on what videos they like here. I will be doing outside walking as much as possible until the rains hit - then indoors on the treadmill if I don't swim.
Molly - Sooooo glad to hear people are noticing and complimenting you!! I agree about the crockpot too. Sounds like you have the right attitude about the food and all.....you can make it until the next WS comes in.
Hey - did you miss the Challenge discussion? Are you in or out?

I missed the challenge thread. I going to have to check it out.

Kristikins 08-28-2010 10:57 PM

Hi girls! Molly - I remembered that you started the "thread 3" which should have been "Thread 4" but figured it'd be really confusing to the others as to why I skipped #4!! And I figured it really didn't matter anyways - so here we are with a second #4 :D and by all means - JOIN Water's CHALLENGE!!! It's gonna be a GREAT motivator! Can't let my peeps down!!

Water - I think points is a good thing too, course have no idea what those points will be good for except just to say "WOO HOO I'm the winner - or weiner as the case may be!!")

Destinova - good for you - so glad you're enjoying WS, I am too! Are you joining our challenge??? It's gonna be fun...twisting arm!!

Meg - I do my fruit in the afternoons too! Helps me get from lunch to dinner (still getting a shake in between) without binging! I LOVE to chew!!

Janell - I love the Nanny too...I saw some of the episodes this morning, but then dashed out the door around 11 headed to get groceries. I'm the one who asked for snail addresses - had no idea that you had to be here for a while to be able to PM...oh well, just send it to me when you can!

And you other girls too...I want your snail addresses so I can send yall some goodies...I'm a crafter and love to make things! I try not to make junky stuff - and mostly my crafts are paper based (I don't DO fabric!!)!!

Got to tell yall about this...Thursday night I went to a Coupon Class - HELLO...how cool is that...it was a fundraiser at my sons school and there were about 50 ladies there (not bad in a school from 3yr preK to HS Senior with about 150 kids total!) Well, this lady taught me (FINALLY) how to use my coupons the right way! So today I decided I was ready for the challenge - had my coupons, my list (made from my weekly menu), the sales flier and off I went. We average $100 a week on groceries so that's all I took....My bill was $114 BEFORE she rang my Kroger Plus card and coupons...final bill...$76.44!!!! YAY ME!!! I was SO excited!! Got everything on the list - plus stocked up on some stuff that was 10/$10 (you don't have to buy 10 to get those items for $1!!) I was soooo impressed with myself and when I got home hubs was pretty tickled too!

This afternoon hubs and I went to a near by "college town" - they have fabulous shopping and restaurants that our dinky little town doesn't - I went to Cato's just to try on britches to see where I was...Started this in April in a 26, TIGHT 26 I'm now in a 22!! YAY!! I didn't buy anything, just wanted to see. I'm down 38.5 pounds - so you'd think I'd have dropped more sizes than that - but all my weight is around my hips and rear and belly...working on it though! We ate at Logans and I had the Baked sweet potatoe and the health nut salad with my very own WS honey mustard dressing!! and Water...did eat 2 rolls and a bunch of nuts, but I'm ok with all that!!

Oh as for my videos - I have the Shred too - kicks my butt!!! I hate the jumping jack part, I got too much a'jigglin!! I also have Susan Powter Stop the Insanity VHS (way old, but love it - and love her!!) - couldn't figure out how to download the C25K on the Pod from the podcast link - but gonna get son to see if he can do it - not sure if I can run/jog as I've got some buggered up bones in my feet; but willing to try!

Gosh I've rambled like a crazy girl...sorry yall...enjoy the night!!

JanellBea 08-29-2010 12:09 AM

Kristi - WAY TO GO!! Isnt it fun to shop and fit into smaller sizes!! I love to shop, especially outlet mall shopping. We are going to the lake next weekend and there is a fabulous outlet mall there - I will have so much fun! I love to bargain shop, so when I find something I love in a smaller size, I buy it and put it in my closet with the tags still on. As I lose weight, I keep trying on until it fits and then I rip the tags off! So, every 10 pounds or so I get to go shopping in my own closet.

I do not do the jumping jacks when I do the shred, no way-no how! I just do the best I can and go through the motions without leaving the ground. I remember Susan Powder too. I wish I had some of the old "Sweatn to the Oldies" videos by Richard Simmons - I wonder if he still sells them? They were so much fun!!!

Well, I am going to sign off for the night. My nephews are racing motocross tomorrow so it will be a fun day.

JanellBea 08-29-2010 12:10 AM

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask if anyone is on facebook. If so, you can friend me. You can search for me under Janell Johnson Pottorff.

PaulaM 08-29-2010 12:15 AM

Just found this new thread. I have been so frustrated with this site, it takes forever and two days to get a single thread to come up, so I quit posting. I've lost 22 lbs, still hanging in here. September 1 is my birthday so I'm not going to stick to it on that day, sorry. I've been exercising two and a half hours a day four days a week since last November, at my age that's enough for me. But I'm behind you all the way. haha

JanellBea 08-29-2010 12:44 PM

Paula, I think it is really slow at times too. I just keep hanging in there and for me, it has gotten faster. That is a lot of exercise!! Wow, how do you do it? Are you one that loves to exercise, or do you make yourself do it? I have never been one that enjoys it, but I know I have to make it a part of my daily life to be healthy and strong. What type of exercise do you do?

goddessmeg 08-29-2010 03:44 PM

Day 2 = Success!!

Well, I'm into day 3 (dont' worry, at some point I'll quit my daily count) and so far, so good!! Stayed completely on program yesterday and so far today too. I'm liking the food, but I don't think I'll even try the oatmeal (hot cereal brings back too many bad memories of suffering through it every morning as a child!) and get the choco cereal instead.

Kristi: Ican't PM yet either. I'm also getting into couponing. A CVS just opened right next to my work parking lot. So I clipped my coupons this AM and I'll do a big shop there tomorrow before I come home from work. I've read the saving blogs on how to do it, so I think I'm set! My friend takes what she "saves" in coupons each week and puts it aside for her kids. Then she uses the money to pay for their trips to AZ to see her parents. Great idea, no?

Paula & Janell: I find the site super slow too. I keep hoping it will get better but so far no luck!

Kristikins 08-29-2010 03:53 PM

slow for me too - today it was a bit quicker, but for about a week it's been rediculous!

Janell - what a great idea to bargain shop for smaller sizes and then when you get to that size, you are all ready with some outfits...Glad to know that I'm not alone in the no-jumping jack shred!!

Paula - WOW that is a ton of exersize..I'm interested to know if you love exersize or if you just make yoursef too...I'm not a lover of it, but know if I don't do it -I'll stall like crazy!

Meg - WTG on your successful first few days! We don't mind at all for you to post your daily count!! Your enthusiasm is adorable and contagious!! So keep it coming!!

I'm on FB too: Kristi Curtis Judkins, Janell - I'll look you up next time I'm on there!!

Waterwoman64 08-29-2010 09:35 PM

Paula and anyone else that is having probs. with slowness of the website. Since I am not experiencing the problem, it is either 1) that it has always been slow and I have just not noticed - Ha! or 2) have Adblock Plus that helps alot.
Also, Paula, since you are already exercising 4 days a week, and every other day is all that is required for the challenge you are already doing more than us!
Anyway, it is up to you on whatever way you want to do it. Big congrats on your 22# loss!!!
Jannell - I have gotten videos and books both on Amazon.com.......you might find that old Richard Simmons one there.
I have not heard anymore from anyone about the extra points for staying OP and getting water in for the Challenge. What's the consensus? I am okay with that if everyone else wants to. That way we would be going for 3 points every other day and 2 points on the other two. So that would add up to a maximum of 16 possible points per week. Right?

Waterwoman64 08-29-2010 09:41 PM

Of course, I forgot stuff on the last post.......will try again.
Goddess - We like hearing from you and you do not have to apologize for your 'daily report'! Just glad to hear things are going well for you and it helps all of us to stay accountable.
Kristi - Yay!!! on your shrunken size!!! It is a cool thing to be that much smaller........just think, I would bet you will be in a size 18 by the Holidays.......it is entirely feasible! Then, with all that moolah you are saving on groceries you can save up for a new wardrobe!!
It's funny - I am always using that phrase "Big Wiener"! Speaking of which...
The Challenge again. Am not sure, but there must be some Noteriety for being the winner of the

Waterwoman64 08-29-2010 09:45 PM

oooooooooooooPPPPS! Don't know how I managed that, but poked something wrong and my message posted in mid-sentence. What I was going to say is that there must be some Noteriety for being winner of the FIRST 3FCWS CHALLENGE! Maybe we could bribe Kristi into crafting the certificate! However, if you are the winner, Kristi, someone else would have to do the certificate for you.
Maybe we should seek out our moderator to find out how these things work exactly?

JanellBea 08-29-2010 10:03 PM

I have been on other support boards where the winner gets to fly a fun banner. It is also fun to have a weekly winner that gets to 'wear the crown' as they say. Us newbies can't have signatures until we have 20 days and 20 posts under our belts, but can after we have met those requirements. I am ALL about prizes:)

So, how about points for exercise, points for water, and points for eating on plan? Is that too complicated? Just a suggestion.

Kristy - great to see you on facebook - you have a beautiful family.

Kristikins 08-30-2010 09:20 AM

I'd love to be "in charge" of the weiners certificate or goody prize or whatever!! But if it's me (and it SO will be :D somebody else better step in!!)

I'm all for points for it all...that's just more of keeping accountable!

Janell - Thanks!! I love my family :D I didn't have time to browse your pics, but your profile pic is adorable - yall look soooo happy!! I think it's fun to really "see" other folks instead of just an avatar pic! But you are beautiful in both!! I don't get to FB as much as I'd like to - just a quick post every once in a while and might have time to read all the updates on everyone - but most of the time not :( Dang job!

Yall have a good day - I've got to get busy!

goddessmeg 08-30-2010 09:53 AM

I have a tiara sitting on my desk (every woman should have one!). I could wear it in honor of the Challenge winner!

Day 3 went well. My "lean" meats these next couple of days won't be so lean. I have ribs in the crockpot for tonight. I did broil off (some of) the fat first. I had a t-bone steak thawed for last night, but DH wasn't hungry when I was so I had a left over pork chop.

I purchased a Single Serve blender and have it in my office now so I can whip up my shakes whenever I need to. I forgot my little container of milk for my cereal and it's just not the same dry!

jyoyo78 08-30-2010 12:56 PM

The points thing sounds good for the challenge. As for the staying OP thing...would that be eating WS style? Or staying OP for the "style" we've chosen for ourself? As for me, I've been mixing the WS with South Beach...so I'm not strictly WS. Thoughts? Also...how much water? The straight 64 oz? Or just whatever we decide for ourselves? Ugh..so many questions...ha ha ha.

It past challenges I've done, the winner/wiener got to have a crown as their avatar for a certain period of time....until they were de-throned :o) I'm fine with something like that.

Kristi/Janell....I don't do the jumping jacks either...I do more of a jog in place type thing while I move my arms up and down...jumping jacks kill my shins too much. I get terrible shin splints.

Kristi - as far as not running/jogging for the couch to 5k stuff...just walk briskly, then slowly....as long as you're getting your fanny off the couch and out of your craft room...that's all that matters :o) You can build up to the jogging.

Weekend was fun. Went away to a Keith Urban/John Mayer concert. There was a lot of drama with the people I went with, but that aside, it was fun. I want to go back to a concert there....without them next time...he he he

Today is my b'day!!! Woot, woot!! Going to lunch with a friend today, then going to dinner with my parents tonight. I will be as good as possible...no promises...thankfully the challenge doesn't start until Sept. 1 :)

PaulaM 08-30-2010 03:00 PM

Somedays I love it more than others! Mostly I do it because of how it makes you feel afterwards! I used to be a gym rat in my 20s and 30s, then we moved to CA and I had a three hour a day commute. I exercised at various gyms at lunch time but finally it got to be too much and I quit. That's how I gained all this weight, cause up until then I ate pretty much what I wanted to. Stupidly once I quit exercising I kept on eating the same, plus getting older and now menopause. Don't do like I did, get it off at an earlier age cause it's slow going now. As for what I do, I joined the Y. My typical workout is half an hour on the treadmill, interval speeds, so it goes faster and slower and goes on an incline and flat. I find that is helping more than just doing the same speed all the time. Once a week I take a Zumba class, it's an hour and it's FAST, but so much fun. If you can try it out I think you would all love it, you're just dancing and forget how hard you are working. Anyway, first I do treadmill, then circuit training with all the weight machines, and then I go and swim in the pool to cool off, but I found I could do more and more laps all the time so that's helping too. If you hate to exercise but can dance or swim I think that makes it so much easier. I have to have my R and B and funk music on my iPod for the treadmill or I would pass out from boredom.

I'm so glad we have this thread, so many nice people and it encourages us to stick to it.

jyoyo78 08-30-2010 06:19 PM

Almost forgot...someone asked about how you know how many posts are in a thread. Look at the top right hand corner of someone's post. You'll see the number sign (#), then a number....for instance this post is #30 (unless someone posts before me while I'm trying to get this typed) :) The font is white on my computer screen...so I can barely see it...but it's there...hope that helps.

JanellBea 08-30-2010 06:22 PM

Paula, thanks so much for the exercise tips - I know it is something I must learn to enjoy to keep the weight off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOYO!!!! Hope you had a fantastic day!!!

As far as the challenge goes, I LOVE the idea of the crown as the avatar - like you said, every girl needs a crown:) I am open to whatever everyone else wants to do - Sept 1 is almost here!!!

pinkpoodle 08-30-2010 11:13 PM

Hi, I am new here but wanted to join this topic. I have read most of the last wonderslim #3 but am still reading through it and hope to read through the first 2 threads also.
My name is Shannon. I am doing the New lifestyle diet ( it is just the wonderslim stuff under another name and I acutally have ordered stuff from the wonderslim site when I ran short on a few things).
I started on june 9th 2010. I have lost right about 30 pounds. I have heard of people losing lots very quickly but mine has been slower. I am ok with that. As long as I am losing. I have gotten quite a bit of motivation, inspiration and ideas from reading the past posts here on the subject and I would love to join you all in your challenge and weigh ins etc.
My main downfall has been lack of exercise....I need to start that and I think that will help a lot.
I started at 245 pounds. I am down to 215 now. I am only 5 foot 2 and want to lose at least 100 pounds total ( goal weight of 145, even though that is still above what the charts say I should weigh)
Anyways, I guess I better make an intro..My name is Shannon. I am 39 years old. I live in Tucson arizona. I am married. I have 4 kids ( 22, 19, 13 and 8). I am going to be a grandma in december. I have a poodle and a chihuahua that I adore and they are 2 of the best companions I could ask for.
I have struggled with my weight all my life but this has been my all time high. I got to the point where I was telling myself that I would just be obese forever and that it was ok...but I just kept gaining more and more and started having health issues related to the weight. I stopped going out, I do not like anybody to see what I look like, I just feel like I stopped living my life. I had thought of having weight loss surgery but am afraid to do so and figured after trying just about every other diet possible that this would be my last ditch effort to get this weight off.
I look forward to getting to know you all.
Thanks
Shannon

jyoyo78 08-31-2010 12:14 AM

Welcome Shannon...so glad you found us. We all seem to post pretty regularly...so join in the fun! :) Noticed you said you need to do the exercise thing, well so do the rest of us, so make sure you read up on the exercise challenge...starts on Sept. 1...so get in gear girl!

JanellBea 08-31-2010 12:21 AM

Hi Shannon and welcome! Congrats on your loss, you are doing great! What is the cost comparison between NLD and WS? I am in the same boat as you with the exercise - don't like it - dont do it! I am excited about the exercise challenge to get my fanny moving! I have a friend who has a stables in Cave Creek, is that close to you?

Waterwoman64 08-31-2010 02:00 AM

Joyoyo - :bday2you: - have been wanting to see this one forever!!! This is all of us singing you your bday song!!! You can exercise all that celebrating off on Wednesday!
Thanks for answering the # of posts question......I have never noticed that and was looking all over.
About the Challenge - I think the goal would be the recommended 64 oz. then don't get more points for more, just as one would not get more points for exercising more than 4 days per week, huh? Then OP to me would mean what I normally do for my program.......with NO Cheats. For example, today, I was totally OP all day, after dinner was over, had done shakes and all to reach my calorie goal. BUT then at 9:15 got the munchies......and something happened. Figured I could have a lite snack of about 60 calories that would not take me over by too much, and totally lost it......went back for more :?: Pretty disappointing - and also would not give myself credit for OP if we were on the challenge today. Would get a point for water and a point for exercise though as I began my swim aerobics this a.m.
How does everyone else think about that? The Crown Avitar sounds great too. Found a sticky where one group had a monthly challenge and it is on their wall for eternity of who the monthly winners were. We might just want to do something like that too if we haven't killed ourselves by the end of September!
:welcome3: to Shannon! You can share your New Lifestyle hints with us too. Congratulations on your 30 Lbs!!!!!!!!!!
Jannell - a fun banner would be cool too......Just think, you are only a couple of posts away from getting all the goodies!!!
Goddess -:queen: a real life Tiara - how neat is that! I haven't tried any of the cereals yet, know that Kristi is a big fan of them. Is the oatmeal different from regular oatmeal in nutrition content?
Paula - Your story sounds alot like me - at 40 my metabolism really took a flip! But, I too, wanted to continue eating like a kid at a carnival! With the subsequent weight gain, have been dieting and yo-yoing since. This really is the end of it all for me I hope and for all the rest of us too.
I know one thing for sure, that if I had this month long stall before meeting all of you, I would have given it all up weeks ago. Thank goodness Kristi gave me that 'little pep talk'.......:cheer3:

Xobella88 08-31-2010 08:16 AM

New on wonderslim

Hi everyone ! I am new to this forum I have been in search for a forum for wonderslim and am glad I finally found one!! I completed my first week and the scale is saying I gained ... I weighed in on day 3 because of exitement and I was down 2 lbs then weighed in on day 7 and I am up almost 6 lbs how!!!!! I'm gonna cry!!! I know my TOM is about to be here but that's such a big gain I am scarred to go on if I will keep gaining. Please help thnk u!!!!

Christina

goddessmeg 08-31-2010 09:33 AM

Wow! Lots of action, between BIRTHDAYS and new peeps! Welcome!!!

I have to say, after 4 days OP, I am feeling really good. I realized that I've actually lost my cravings for carbs! Me, the person who would eat carbs only for the rest of my life!!!

A couple of challenges for me: every Tuesday, a group of us in the office go out for "Taco Tuesday." Well, the taco place is now closed, so we pick a different place. I put my request in for a place that does salads. Hopefully that will work out. If not, I put a "lunch" into my bag and I'll keep that here at work if they pick a place where I know I won't be able to get lean and green.

Tomorrow night DH and I have tickets to the baseball game. Not just regular tickets, but Event Suite tickets (thanks, DH's boss!!!). I suspect that there will be tons of (FREE) food there!!

Lastly, I have been stepping on the scale every AM and so far I've only lost 1.5 pounds. I know it's going to take time. My head knows it but my eyes want to see a 50 pound loss in 4 days!!!!

goddessmeg 08-31-2010 11:28 AM

Guess who just spilled a vanilla shake down her shirt and pants???? Yep, me! Luckily I have a t-shirt here (from my work-out bag. Go figure, it was clean!!) and there wasn't too much on my pants!

JanellBea 08-31-2010 02:15 PM

Goddess - you will smell like vanilla all day now - people will want to know what perfume you are wearing:)

Bella - did you weigh at the same time of day? same clothing? that does seem strange. Maybe your scale went kaput! I have a love/hate relationship with the scale, I need to wean myself off and only weigh once a week, but it is hard.

I'm ALL about 50 lbs in 4 days - when u figure it out - let me know, I'll pay BIG BUCKS!!!!!

Kristikins 08-31-2010 04:00 PM

WOO HOOO!! Anyone notice my ticker??? Finally it's moving again! I'm now down 39.5 pounds!! YAY!!! Getting closer to playing with my IPOD w/out feeling guilty :D !!!

Meg - I think having a real tiara is a wonderful idea...I may have to hunt one down - but it's gotta be really sparkly!! You are right the cereal isn't near as good w/out milk!! Keep hanging in there girl...

Yoyo - GREAT idea on speed walking instead of running or jogging - walking I can do, just not sure about the running..I'll be downloading the C25K app tonight to get started on that! So glad your concert was good, sorry you had to endure drama though - I HATE teenage drama (and that's what it usually boils down to!!). Hoping your next concert is better!! Oh...and you have a package on it's way to you!! :D

Paula - I LOVE R&B and funk...of course I LOVE disco too!!! And classic rock..that'll get my booty shakin!!

Shannon - Welcome to our group - I'm interested in knowing about your tips too!!! So bring'em on! So glad you're up for our challenge too! I think exersize is a hard thing for most of us to get into - hopefully with a little competiton we'll all be movin and shakin! As for your goal weight - mine is more than the charts too - but hey, ya gotta start somewhere right!! Congrats on your loss thus far! Keep it up!!

Water - I like the deets you've prepared for our challenge and totally agree with you - should be for "our" plan, water (64 oz) and movement! Woo Hoo..it's TOMORROW ladies!! I'm SO ready!

Christina - Hang in there, don't let TOM get you down! Don't weigh anymore until after that...just make sure you're eating enough - and be sure to write all your food down somewhere..join our challenge and re-evaluate in a couple weeks!!! You can do this...WELCOME to our group!!