Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #76  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Kristi: Does your son need me to go along on that trip too??

Here's a funny for everyone. Part of our staff just moved into a big fancy $72.5 MILLIONbuilding (I work at a University). These people are really just customer service people, but they are paid better than those of us who do the real work. But I digress. Anyway, so they moved into the new building and we're left in the rotting building that doesn't even have a restroom on this floor (I get my exercise going up and down stairs!!) And there's signs up all over telling students to go to the new building. But they're a little wordy and students being students don't pay attention to them. So my boss and a couple of others were making signs for the lobby which is now darkish. They were reading off what the sign (Staff Only) said and I added: "Only pretty people allowed." Somehow I thought it was much funnier than they did!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Meg....they must not have thought it was funny cause they're ugly...ha ha ha...just kidding!! lol But that is funny
Old 09-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #78  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Just popping in to say... have any of you tried mixing your vanilla cream shakes with orange soda instead of water? I did that today with a little bit of ice and it tasted just like a creamsicle!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #79  

Yes, I have Lindsey...so tasty!! )
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #80  

Kristi....got your package...thanks for the b'day gift super cute and yummy for my lips...lol
Old 09-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #81  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies! Loved the hubby story

I had a good day with exercise and water - so I am pumped! We are going out of town tomorrow and wont return unti Monday, but I am planning on doing a lot of walking to make sure I get those points.

Meg, what university do you work at? My hubby and I both graduated from Concordia in St. Paul.

Anyone watch the "Housewives" shows? I love/hate them. Not sure why I watch the trashy TV, but I do.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #82  

Hey ladies,

just want to inform you all that I will be backing out of the challenge, but I will continue posting.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #83  
Goddess of All

Janell: I work for the U.

3.5 POUNDS LOST!!! That's my official weigh-in for the week. Of course a part of me wishes it was a higher amount, but I have to be realistic.

I'm also going to drop out of the challenge. I think/hope I will be doing all of the things, but I don't want the added pressure of having to keep track of it all. Besides, I can wear my tiara whenever I want!!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #84  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Good morning girls!!

Meg - I'll be going on that trip too looks like!! YAY!! There's 11 kids and 9 grown-ups listed and the cost will be around $1500 per person - the kids have already planned some fundraising ideas to help out, so that's a good thing! Only 1 problem I can see - we have to pack in backpacks...ummmm I'm not really good at packing lightly...UGH!! Guess that means, no laptop, no crafting goodies and very little clothes! It's suppose to be chilly and rainy there during that time (spring), so I guess no need to worry about a hairdo either! Now to get passports - and save up all that dough!

I've not tried using diet soda's in my shakes...I'm not a fan of carbonation - does it stay fizzy or does the powder take some of that away??

Yoyo - You are very welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

Janell - have a good trip!! Be safe and make good choices!

Molly - Sorry you won't be joining us on the challenge, guess you couldn't handle that I'm gonna win JK...we understand...just be sure to post here still!

It's FRIDAY..need I say more??
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #85  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Meg - you were posting the same time I was... CONGRAT'S on your loss!!!3.5 is GREAT girl!!! We all want it to be more, but you are right...we have to be realistic or else we set ourselves up to fail for sure!!!

sorry your're not challenging w/ us too....
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #86  
Method to the Madness

Happy Friday everyone! I hope no one here is/will be having much trouble with Earl! Just a few showers here.

Goddess, congrats on your weight loss! That's great! Hopefully next Wednesday I'll have some good numbers to talk about too.

Janell, I don't watch the Housewives show, but recently (like the last week), I have watched a few of those terrible MTV reality shows like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom. I must say that although the drama was a novelty at first, I don't know if it could keep me entertained long term... Haha. I liked Teen Mom though, for some reason. I guess because it's more realistic and down to earth?

Kristikins, that trip sounds like lots of fun! In terms of packing light, what I've recently found useful is rolling all of my clothing so that the space in the bag is used more efficiently. Might be something to try if you haven't before. About carbonation in sodas, the shake was a teeny bit fizzy, which I could see some people as not liking. You could always let the soda go flat in the fridge for a while before using it to avoid that problem. In fact, I might do that just to avoid any weirdness that having that much carbonation in a closed vessel like my smoothie attachment for my blender might cause.

As far as me, two days on plan so far! I did have a little sugar free jello yesterday, but according to WS I can have as much of that as I like. I made the hot cakes this morning for the first time and I must say that I was very impressed! I made them exactly as the package called for and the pancakes turned out light and fluffy. The texture might even be better than most from-scratch pancakes I've made at home... Haha.

Tomorrow I go to the salon for a hair cut and eyebrow wax (LONG overdue... Haha) so that I can look presentable for my med school interview next Friday. I'm pretty excited about that whole process, but I'm also a little nervous!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #87  

Hello,

I hope you guys can help me- I am confused as to how to do the program I see the instructions on the DietDi$ect website, but it doesn't sound like the way you all are doing it??? It seems like alot of you are tweaking the plan? I was doing Medifast 5&1, but I soooo like the taste of Wonderslim compared to Medifast! I want the same results as Medifast, so do I have to tweak it too?

Do you eat the starch? Is anyone doing a version of Medifast's 5&1 but with Wonderslim products? I looked at doing that, but WS products are higher in carbs and some are lower in calories.

I am totally confused..help!

Also, what about fat servings and things like Jello? I saw someone post that we can have Jello, but I cant find that info I didn't buy a starter kit, I basically bought the wonderslim products that I have tried and liked.

PLEASE, can somebody help me figure out this plan-- there seems to be different versions and I am so confused

Last edited by ibme; 09-03-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #88  
Method to the Madness

Ibme, I follow the instructions on the DietDirect website (under where the starter packs are) that you can find in the PDF which outlines the 1000-1200 calorie meal plan for women, including the starch at dinner and the fruit at my morning snack. Sugar free gelatin use is discussed in the "instructions" portion of that file. Others here tweak the plan to their goals/preferences. I do not know what sort of results you're getting on Medifast or what calorie levels you're currently on, but changing things might affect your results. That being said, if you like the taste of the Wonderslim products more, which plan are you more likely to stick with to reach your long term goal? Something to think about.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #89  
Goddess of All

ibme: I've been on the Wonder Slim plan exactly 1 week. I am basically following the plan that they have on their website, except I have moved the fruit from the AM snack to the afternoon snack (to keep me filled up). So my day looks like this:

Breakfast: a breakfast item (I do a cereal & 2 oz. milk) and a shake
AM snack: a shake
Lunch: soup or a lunch entree (w/ the veg. Joe, I eat 1/2 of an Arnold's sandwich thin), and a snack bar (I find I get hungrier w/ the soup rather than an entree)
Afternoon snack: shake w/ fruit
Dinner: Lean and Green meal
PM Snack: a dessert

I, too, wonder about tweaking it a little more since I'm fearful of getting tired of the shakes, but so far I'm not sure how to do that.

I am very pleased with this program. I have liked just about all of the foods and with eating every 2-3 hours, I don't really get too hungry. I've also lost my carb cravings!!! My DH had popcorn last night and I didn't have one single bite of it!!! That's about as amazing as a man walking on the moon!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Lindsey - I understand - you really do have a full plate. Also, if you stay on plan I would bet you will reach your goal anyway by the end of next month for sure! It's just great you are posting and sharing with us all. Your Teen Mom reminded me of one of my favorite movies......Juno.
Kristi - Great Job!!! You probably sweated of 3 #s in that heat!!! Too funny about your DH story - it'll take awhile for him to live that one down!! The Ireland trip sounds absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!
Janell - Am sure you will have a great weekend at the lake.....good to hear your exercise is going well and that you have some planned for your time away too. Note - I Love all that "trashy tv" too.......the Housewives (East & West coasts)........all of it.
Jyoyo - your workouts really sound hard!!! Good going girl - keep it movin!!!
Molly - Will look forward to your posts anyway. If this challenge works out, maybe everyone will be up for another next month. It has really helped to re-motivate me and get me off my butt!.....or but, as in "But I don't wanna exercise!!"
GoddessM - YEA!!!!! You deserve to wear that tiara for those 3.5 Lbs. anyway! You know what? I still love the taste of the shakes. Loved the bathroom sign story! ha
IBMe- Looks like Meg & Lindsey have outlined it pretty well......A lot of the WS people have switched from Medifast.....think the plans are pretty much the same, aren't they? The WS just tastes better. My schedule is something going in the mouth every hour from 8 a.m. to 6 or 7 pm. Water every other hour, breakfast at 8am of shake & fruit or other breakfast selection; 9am water;10am shake or bar; 11am water; Noon WS supplement sometimes with a slaw type salad; 1pm water; 2pm shake; 3pm water; 4pm shake; 5pm water & 6pm dinner L/G. I love it that we are allowed a starch and usually have mine here, or sometimes switch dinner and lunch out. Being able to have a fruit (either alone or mixed into a shake) is a big treat too.

Sorry for the long post........but I missed yesterday
Closed Thread