Wonderslim #4

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Hi all! Meg - sorry I know I have a ticker, but it was trial and error till I figured it out and now I have NO idea how it got there

Molly - that's cool stuff...what is it - like a spy implant in your arm or something??? Talk about high tech!!

YoYo - I think EVERYONE should coupon shop - its WAY fun and totally rewarding to go out of the store with a buggy load of stuff for minimal price!! If I can keep our grocery bill going down week after week - I can figure my WS into the regular budget...now that's sweet!!!

So glad its thursday...that means tomorrow is the coveted FRIDAY!!!!
    lol. It's just like armband that the biggest loser contestants wear. And no it's not implanted in my arm ROFLMAO. 24 hour fitness has them, amazon, ebay.
  • 2.5 MORE UGLY POUNDS GONE. TOTAL OF 6 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS!! GONE! I have to keep moving the scale around on the floor til I get a consistent number. I believe a new scale is on the shopping list today.

I just moved into the "overweight" catagory of the BMI!

We are going away this weekend (just 1 night) and I'm even thinking that I'll bring my swimsuit!
  • Water - I only earned 2 points for yesterday myself...been super duper stressed so I've been enjoying having lunch w/ hubs or running errands instead of walking and no time at night to ride the inside bike either...hoping tonight I can get some sort of movement in..I know what hubs has in mind ...does that count???

Molly - that sounds really groovy - I'll have to look into that...but you have to admit with all the info it gathers about you it DOES sound like a spy device!!

Meg - OMG..that's GREAT!!! Congrats on your loss and your new position on the BMI scale! I'm sooo looking forward to that myself!!

I'm down another pound...42.5 total officially (and today is my real weigh in date too!)...I'm pretty pleased, although yall know I wanted it to be more...I tell ya - my tummys been soooo upset the past few days, I'm surprised it's not a bunch more pound lost...nerves really kicks your guts out!!
  • Way to go Meg!! That is AWESOME!!! Huge high five from me!!! And ugh to the whole EX thing. Mine lives in another state, but when my son goes to stay with him, it is H - E - double hockey sticks when he gets back and I have to "de-program" him. It's a constant struggle....the same thing happens when he goes to my ex's parents house too. He get away with murder, then comes home and thinks it will continue...it's always a rude awakening for him. Oh well, I will prevail and someday he will be thanking me for it...I hope

Kelly - I'm in the same boat, running low on WS stuff and don't have the cash at this moment to get more. Like Water said, I did end up getting a HUGE bag thingy of protein powder at Costco. It was $29.99 and has 80 servings, so that's about $.38/serving...not too shabby. It has 23g of protein, 130 calories, 1 or 2 g fat, can't remember the carb or sugar grams, but they were comparable to WS. The cholesterol is higher than WS. This morning was the first time trying it. I made it like I made the WS stuff...in the magic bullet with ice and SF flavor...it was a lot thinner than WS, which I don't mind. I didn't really like that WS was so thick. Anyway, I'll just keep using this stuff for now. Once it's gone, I might try some of the stuff Mirtika was talking about a while back....I think it was Solgar Whey Protein...I'd have to look again to be sure. I think that stuff ended up being around $1.00/serving.

I've got to get my butt in gear with the challenge! Ugh!! Yesterday I went to the Greek Food festival. I had a lamb gyro, it was amazing...as always. But then I got a sweet treat too, which I totally shouldn't have had!! Today I'm supposed to go again. I will try and stick with the Greek salad and a little bit of the lamb stuff they serve. And I am definitely staying away from the Baklava!! Why oh why does it have to be so yummy. lol

Here's to a good weekend full of OP eating!! Oh and some of that exercise crap too!
  • Quote: hoping tonight I can get some sort of movement in..I know what hubs has in mind ...does that count???
    Sounds like our hubs' have the same work outs in mind tonight...ha ha ha
  • so is it just tonight or is it all the stinkin time with you too??? I guess things could be worse though....

Robby's X girlfriend (the evil one who gave me that dang cupcake) had the X issue too - her mom would tell me stuff - she was VERY strict with her, but her dad just let her do whatever she wanted...unfortunately she decided it was cool to fight at school - get this - over a BOY; how UNCOOL is that??? She ended up getting carted off to jail..yes I said jail...I'm sure her mom is mortified at the whole situation - her dads response was "well, at least she kicked the other girls butt"...yeah, that's teaching her something valuable for life long class!!! (I knew she wouldn't last long with Rob - she was totally not his type and what a sabatager to boot!!)

Just hang in there and stand your ground...your son will thank you someday and it's totally ok if he doesn't like you all the time - he'll grow out of that stuff and realize that you were the ONE who did what was right for him!!

Greek food??? I've never had greek food (unless you count greek yogurt ) I've never had lamb either...I do love the "my big fat greek wedding" movie though...what's lamb taste like?? (and don't say lamb - duh!!)
  • Down with the sabatagors!!! I can't believe she landed in jail and to get that response from her dad...oh yeah, there's a real winner! Or should I say WEINER!!! My X isn't quite that bad. Although, my son is only 13 so...we'll see. And heck no, I could care less if that boy hates me....he hates me every other minute, then the next minute he wants to snuggle up and watch a movie together...so yeah, no worries about that from me...he he.

So...lamb pretty much tastes like lamb...you know what I mean??? he he. The way they cook the lamb for a gyro it reminds me of sausage patties. It's in thin long strips and it seriously looks and feels like the consistency of a sausage patty. The gyro is the meat (you can do chicken or just veggie too), tomotoes and tsaziki (sp?) sauce, all wrapped up in greek pita flat bread...it's like a greek taco! lol the sauce is actually made with greek yogurt. I buy it at Costco sometimes and use it as dip for my veggies...or you could dip crackers or whatever in it too. It's nummers.

So, yeah...today for lunch was another gyro, but I was able to keep myself away from the baklava...so that's good )

I actually buy whole wheat greek pitas at Fred Meyer (Kroger), there in the bakery section by all the specialty breads. Then I make mini pizzas with them. I get sugar free pizza sauce, then load it up with veggies, sometimes meat...some lowfat cheese, cook at about 350 or so for like 12-15 minutes....SO DELICIOUS!!!!

k...I should work now :O
  • Sorry I've been absent for awhile. We've had a lot going on around here. I'm going to spend this weekend getting myself organized.
    I've been hovering around the same weight for the last few weeks. I need to buckle down and lose the rest of it. I know my problem is 1) eating too much in the evenings and 2) believing I can eat the same junk all the males in my house eat over the weekend.
    Obviously I'm delusional!
  • oh Harvester, you can do it!! You're SO close!!!! Get on it lady!
  • Hello Ladies and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Meg - congrats!!! You are doing awesome!!!

Hubs interview went well today, they are calling him back for round 2 - so keep those fingers crossed! We all want to meet at the lake house - right!!

You all are talking about X's, well, I don't have one of those, but I have a crazy aZZ sister who is the world's WORST mother. I am trying to raise her 17 year old and it is a challenge. Kelly and I don't have kids (by choice) it is definately a challenge to try and take over a teenager who has been used to having 100% freedom, no boundaries, no responsibility, blah blah blah! So, I don't chime in much on the kids/X issues, but know I am cheering us all on.

Eating has been great all week, I am wanting to take the weekend off, I know I shouldnt, but I have a tendancy to go SO extreme, that I am thinking I need to learn a little balance and moderation. Just kickn' it around in my head.

Anyone else have allergie issues this time of year. It seems everyone around here is battling sinus/allergie stuff and it seems I am right there with them..

Well, off to cook something mavalous for dinner, have a great weekend everyone!
  • Kristi – First of all…….YAY! for that scale moving down!!!
    o.k., you got me doing research!!! WebMD said ½ hour with your husband would be 85 Calories; Ehow said 1 hour would be 385 calories. Geez, I can find anything on the internet! Anyway, here is a story problem for you gals based on the above information. Calories burned on the ehow method with my DH would = 32.05 calories………you do the math
    WebMD also said that time with your sweet hubby is good for stress! (& 9 other things)

GoddessM - You too, get the happy dance.......great going for 2.5 more lbs - GONE!!! Put that swimsuit on and enjoy your weekend!

Jyoyo - I LOVE Gyros!!!! Seems to me that they really should not be very many calories.........did you look them up? Alot of times things like that can be deceiving though. But I really would like to know........the good thing about eating that kind of stuff for lunch is that you can count your calories and maybe make it still work for the rest of the day. As long as it isn't the carb type things that set off an eating spree - like potato chips and some other things do to me! Well, then the baklava.........oops!
    Is the protein stuff vanilla and do you doctor it up for flavor or what? The price is definetly right and sounds as if the protein is more than WS. I take a multivitamin anyway and don't count on the shakes for that, so sounds good. Keep us posted would ya?

Jannell - Yay with the interview news!!!!!!!!!!! Better be getting those packing boxes out!!
    Sounds like your crazyAZZ sis is real lucky to have you.......and the 17 year old is lucky too!!!!!!! That's how old I was when I went to live with my sis and her husband for 2 years. It was such a good change and experience. One of these days (hopefully) that kid will look back and thank you. It has got to be a rough go having a teenager nowadays. I admire all of you who are doing this hard and important job of parenting.
    I probably should not encourage one to go off program, but I did that alot at the beginning and did not suffer for it. Agree that we need to learn moderation and sometimes also need a break. Really don't believe you will go overboard this early in the game. You can also go to WebMD and look up those exercises - ha!

Well, I am going to wait a couple of hours to post on the challenge spot....the day is not over yet, and the exercise video may come out yet!

This was my breakfast concoction…….I was hungry for oatmeal, but only have the regular and wanted to start my day with more protein. So made regular oatmeal (for 2) that calls for 1 ¾ C. water & 1 C. oats. I added a package of vanilla WS to the water prior to cooking & whisked it all in along with ¼ c. raisins. Then when it was done, had some cinnamon on top with a little milk. It was really pretty good and dh did not realize the difference in his………that was the ‘taste test’ So, got the benefits of protein and had my urge for oatmeal breakfast taken care of too!
  • Water, BAHAHAHAHA!! Love your 'math', gotta tell ya, hubby and I are right there with ya! That made my night

Love the oatmeal idea, I bet it was really filling too. I didn't buy any WS oatmeal, but have some of the steel cut oats, I may try this tomorrow. It is raining like crazy here, so we are enjoying a quiet evening at home listening to the rain.

BTW, crazy aZZ sister isn't thankful at all, she is bad to the bone!! So you must have a really cool aunt and uncle - that is awesome and so glad they were there for you. Are you still close to them?
  • Hey Jyoyo and Kristi............are ya going to let that Janell beat us in the challenge? Haven't seen you post yesterday or today...........nag nag

Harvester - thanks for poppin' in on us! Yep, that evening snacking urge really gets to me too.............am trying to save up calories just to have a couple hundred for that event. I love, love, love the WS cheesecake!!! That is, if I can just remember to make it ahead in the afternoon or morning.
    I really cannot eat the same junk as my DH........really would prefer not to have it in the house at all. As I, too, become delusional at times and think I should be able to indulge...........NOT a good thing for me.

Nitey Night all..........
  • Janell - Sorry, just saw your last post. It was my sister and her husband that I 'got shipped off to live with'. That's how I saw it back then and was pretty pouty about it all at first. Sis is a little over 12 years older and we became very close in the end. My brother-in-law was a stable male figure and they had a good and loving home. I learned to cook, clean and even called my sis one day when my friends wanted to skip school to ask her permission. It was a long time ago, but will be forever indebted to them and love them all the more for what all they did for me.

We are starting to get rain more too......mostly mornings with fog. Seems too early for winter to set in am really not ready for it. At least it has been clearing up the next day or later in the same day. There are times that I just love to hear the sound of the rain pitter-pattering on the roof.......can be great sleeping weather.

Have a great weekend!
  • [QUOTE=Waterwoman64;3475821]Hey Jyoyo and Kristi............are ya going to let that Janell beat us in the challenge? Haven't seen you post yesterday or today...........nag nag QUOTE]

YEP! finally you all realize that I, THE QUEEN, will win the challenge

I love sleeping with the sound of rain hitting the windows, so peaceful. I made it through another OP day, going to go update the challenge thread. I can't wait for my signature option to show up, I want to get my ticker going.