Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/207.2/160

Height: 5'3

Have you tried any of the other kinds of drinks? Like the Bari Wise fruit drinks? Or their smoothies? I'm looking for reviews on them too
mxochihua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxochihua View Post
Have you tried any of the other kinds of drinks? Like the Bari Wise fruit drinks? Or their smoothies? I'm looking for reviews on them too

I've tried the Bariwise Aloha Mango (got one in a sample pack) and I really like it. It's an odd taste/smell: like Jolly Rancher Watermelon candy , that's what it first smelled like, tasted, then the aftertaste is more "manogey". It's odd, but for me, in a pleasant way. I'm ordering 3 boxes. It's a fun change from the usual flavors. It's definitely a hate/love it kind of thing, I imagine, since it's so candyish meets fruit.

Other than that, haven't tried stuff. I am gonna order a grape Bariwise fruit drink and maybe an orange Wonderslim to have alternatives to breakfast juices I was used to drinking.

I really wish the people doing WonderSlim here would do more product reviews. It's hard to find them even googling, ya know? Of course, there are reviews AT THE SITE (ie, Diet direct), and it's valuable to look at the pro/con ones and see what idea you can get of what you'd prefer, after looking at ingredients, too. I tend not to like drinks that taste like Jello, cause I'd rather EAT gelatin than drink it.

So, when YOU try stuff, please make sure to review.

Last edited by Mirtika; 08-12-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxochihua View Post
Yesterday, for the first time, I tried one of the Bariwise Fruit Drinks, the Grape. I really, really like it. It tastes like Kool-Aid if that beverage had some more thickness to its consistency. But not weirdly so.

I found the WonderSlim fruit drink like watery Jello. I thought the BariWise one would be the same (I'd had a fruit drink with protein about 7 years ago when I first tried Low-Carb, Atkins, which wasn't for me, neither the drink nor the Atkins, that icky unset Jello thing and aftertaste).

But no. I didn't get a heavy Jello flavor that is a bit offputting to me.

It really tasted like some kid's grape-flavored fruit drink (only with more "body"). I tend to use more water than they recommend to dilute the sweetness, but this one I'd reorder and even risk other flavors. I'll be googling to see if there might be a promo code and stock up. Now, this flavor works for me, as I have fond memories of having a slice of pizza and 'grape drink' back in my childhood when I'd go out to a pizzeria with my dad in NYC. If you hate grape Kool-Aid, skip this. If it makes you nostalgic, maybe give it a go. Or just try another flavor.

HTH...

NOTE: If you wanted to try the WS fruit drinks--not the BariWise one I just reviewed-- they're on sale right now, and you can use code WS102

Last edited by Mirtika; 08-19-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #19  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Mirtika - I was reading on another thread that you ordered some Solgar Whey to go protein powder...where'd you find the best price and what do you think about it??
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Mirtika - I was reading on another thread that you ordered some Solgar Whey to go protein powder...where'd you find the best price and what do you think about it??
I got it on Amazon.com (though health food stores carry it online) and I wrote a review for the vanilla one on amazon under "Mir".

I like it. It's not filling, but it's very quick and easy to mix and the taste is highly discreet , not cloying. It goes down quick and is so mild that it's easy to mix with other things and not overpower the taste of fruits, etc. The chocolate did not mix as well as the vanilla and the taste is also very discreet. I like both, but find that for a quick downer, a shaker cup and the vanilla are perfect. People who like strongly flavored, more like milkshake type of protein mixes won't like this. I like the great report from Consumer reports (no heavy metal contamination) and the ease and mild taste (since a lot of vanilla flavors out there I find nasty).

I usually use it when I'm in a hurry out the door and want something in my stomach, or pre workout with some green tea and acai on the side for energy. And it's very easy to make smoothies with it. I will use fiber pills when I go with this to make the combo more filling. When I want a fruit between meals, like a craving, ya know...I'll have this with it to ease the sugar spike aspect of fruit. (I try never to have carbs alone but always mix with protein and, ideally, some fat, too.)

HTH...

Last edited by Mirtika; 08-27-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #21  

More on FRUIT DRINKS:

I again found that the Bariwise beat the WonderSlim.

WonderSlim Orange Drink: Didn't like. Didn't finish. Again, tasted like liquid Jell-o, only less nice.

Bariwise Wild Berry: Tastes like one of those kids' fruit punches (like Hawaiian Punch or Kool Aid Fruit Punch) with a tinge of strawberry Jell-o.

In general, I'm not a huge protein fruid drink person, but I'd reorder the BariWise grape and wild berry flavors and plan to try others. I'm DONE with the WS fruit drinks. Ick.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #22  

OMIGOSH, how I love the BariSlim pineapple flavor fruit drink. Adore it. I need to get some organic lite coconut milk and make a high protein pina colada with it. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy.

I gotta keep an eye out for a promo code, cause I wanna buy like 4 boxes.

Jalapeno honey mustard pretzels by Kay (Diet Direct sells them): MMMM. Really has a kick mixed with the sweet that makes me feel like I'm having a self-indulgent snack. Worth a try if you like those flavors.

Kay's Apple Cinnamon cereal: Better than the WonderSlim. Even hubby, who is Mr. PickyEater, will eat these as a snack. Sorta like a less sweet Apple Jacks...Apple Jacks cereal for grown ups. Hubby said, "Better than Apple Jacks." Very nice crunch. I eat these as snacks, but they'd be great with milk.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #23  

I tried the WONDERSLIM PRETZEL BOWS and the texture is a little odd. Very, very powdery/crumbly/dry. However, the first bite is very crisp, and that crispness is kinda satisfying. It's quite salty (for those who like the salted pretzel vibe). If you can put up with the powdery/crumbliness, it's nice to have something crispy handy that isn't high-carb. I had 5 bows with soup for lunch today (and added red chard and mushrooms to the soup.)

I did end up trying the Pineapple BARIWISE fruit drink with a quarter cup of lite coconut milk (organic). Delicious! Like a diet pina colada. I loved it so much I ordered 3 boxes of the Pineapple drink to have alone and with cocont milk. Mmmm.

Tried the Taco Puffs (WonderSlim). Eh. Okay. Just okay. I wish the WonderSlim people would find more flavors other than just the tomato based ones like the better entrees. BBQ and such. Gets old. Would be nice if they could come up with some creamy, herbally, NOT tomatoey and not cheese stuff and not chocolate for entrees and snacks. They really make it monotonous by emphasizing chocolate/cheese/BBQ-chili-tomatoey.

Variety would be nice.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #24  

I love that you guys write reviews here on the products. I am going to subscribe to this thread so I can write your reviews next to the products in the DD catalog, that way I know what you guys thought!
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #25  

I think it would be a great thing if EVERYONE doing these sorts of diets (WonderSlim, MediFast, Bistro MD, Diet To Go, etc) would do reviews. Cause it really helps the rest of us who want to try new things.

Don't just read people's reviews. WRITE SOME!

Now, onto my fave new pudding-shake from WonderSlim: ChocoMint.

OMIGOSH. I love mint-chip ice cream (though I haven't had any in ages). This is like that. I shake it up in a blender cup with ice, and it's like a mint chip shake. I really love this. Better than any other flavor I tried.

I also tried the Vanilla Cream. You can note a bit more of the protein chalkiness in this one, but if you like drinking melted vanilla ice cream (remember when the ice cream melts in the bottom of a cup?) then this is kinda like that if you use a lot of ice to shake it up and make it really cold. Yummy.

I tried the BariWise Pineapple-Orange fruit drink. Did I review that already? Can't remember. This is a very nice breakfast option, cause it isn't all that pineapply, more orangey, but is smoother and "cleaner/fresher" tasting than the regular orangeade one. I like this a lot with bkfst. I like the Pineapple one alone or with snacks.

I wish Diet Direct would specify if they did heavy metal/toxins testing on their protein products. While I really have been enjoying several items, I worry about that.

Oh, well...
Old 10-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #26  

I will be reviewing them here as I try them as well as on my website. I have WS and NL products coming in, which are the same thing just different brands, but the same manufacturer makes them.

So far I have tried:

Mocha Cream Pudding/Shake. I use 1/2 c water and whisked it for a minute. I thought this was really yummy and I am quite pleased with it. It is not quite a coffee mocha, but it does have a nice light mocha flavor.

Chocolate Cream Pudding/Shake. I make puddings as I like the "eat" instead of "drink". I used 1/2 c water, again whisked. It only takes a minute to set, and I use cold water out of the fridge. It is nice and creamy. I like that the sugar content is low in these so that it is no so sweet.

Vanilla Cream Pudding/Shake. Made the same. It was sort of bland as vanilla so I sprinkled in some pumpkin pie spice season and some nutmeg. It make it really yummy.

Strawberry Cream Pudding/Shake. Was not a fan. I am not big on strawberry flavored things anyway, just fresh berries. This reminded me of the strawberry milk mixed we had as a kid. It was not awful, I could eat it, but it had a weird aftertaste. This is not one I will order again, although it might be OK as a base for a smoothie if you blend it with some berries.

Caramel Brownie Nut Bar. I was quite happy with this. I was afraid that it was going to be overly sweet like a Slim Fast bar, but it wasn't. The bar was somewhat of a heavy consistency, but the chocolate was nice and creamy. No weird aftertaste, but I did have to have a sip of milk before I guzzled some water. They do make you thirsty. The texture is just heavy but not dry like some bars.

So far thats all I have tried from my Sample Pack.

So far I am pleased with the pudding/shakes.
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #27  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Alrighty Mirtika...here goes my run down on WS products...

Upon ordering the 12 week starter kit and tweaking it for all of 4 or 5 star only products I had lots to choose from. That being said I ended up still sending some things back for exchanges:

Mocha Cream Shake: My absolute favorite! I don't love coffee, but a hint of coffee flavor is divine! I usually mix mine with 10-12 oz COLD water, 2 ice cubes, a sprinkle of decaf inst coffee granuals and SF Torani vanilla syrup. Mix it in my HB single serve blender and WAH-LAH...a perfect frappuccino!

Chocolate Cream Shake: My second choice! I generally mix it the same as the Mocha - cause it's so stinkin yummy...but sometimes I do add SF Peanut Butter Torani syrup/ SF Butterscotch Syrup or PB2 powder to give it a different twist!

ChocoMint Shake: Couldn't really tell the mint in this one - bought some SF DaVinci Creme de Menth syrup to mint it up a bit more..still not a huge fan of this one (as I can add they CDM syrup to choc and get the same result).

Vanilla Shake: Something weird about the texture of this one - very slimey and had to choke down all the packets of it - even added Pumpkin Pie SF syrup, and all the other ones I had to try to make it bearable but to no avail. I don't order Vanilla anymore!

Strawberry Yogurt Shake: This is good for a switch up from Choc! I really enjoy this one - of course I add the SF Vanilla syrup to it. YUMMY! Only thing is the strawberry seeds in the bottom of the glass - someone with diverticulitis shouldn't attempt this shake...

Bars: I LOVE the Cookie Dough Bar (tastes just like cookie dough wrapped in choc - YUM) and the Creamy Cookie one (can we say oreo??? YUMMY)...next in line would be Chocolate - although dry its very filling and because it's dryer I can down a whole bottle of water while I eat it! Choc PB is pretty good but I don't love the Choc PB Crisp (not a fan of any of the crispy bars - I'm sure cows eating hay can relate!) Choc Coconut is ok - it's kind of doughy but flavor wise it's good. Caramel Butter Pecan - Not a fan of the caramel - it's almost too strong for me. Caramel brownie nut - same as Caramel butter pecan.

Snacks: YUCK on the Pretzel Bows - again like eating salty hay. Like the crunch, but that was about it! BBQ Bites - are just ok as are the SC&O bites. Didn't love any of the Chips they were like eating overcooked cardboard with flavor sprinkles on them. The Cinnamon choc crunchies are pretty good - better in milk like cereal though!

Meals: LOVE the Cheesesteak Mac and Spicy Cheese N Pasta - have these most days! I usually add a tsp of FF sour cream and it's like eating a home made casserole or Hamb Helper! The Veggie Joe is ok - it's a bit sweet, but again I add the tsp of FF Sour Cream and it's ok. Soups: Creamy chicken & Veg is very good and the zesty chili is very good. Haven't tried the others yet. Like Jen I stay away from the chicken entrees as the reviews on them are pretty scary!!

Breakfasts: LOVE the Choc and Berries cereal - have that just about every day with my 60 cal Almond Breeze! YUM!! The Hot cakes are good too. Oatmeal was ok - ate it, but didn't order more of it. Too scared to try the omlets!

Desserts: Double Choc cake to me tastes like cocoa'd eggs - but is tolerable with a dollup of FF Cool whip. The Cheesecake is ok - flavor is good but mixed according to directions it's too thick and chewy (will try it again with more water!) and again adding ff cool whip! Caramel pudding is ok - again with the thick chewy texture so will remake it with more water should make it better. Haven't tried the other puddings yet.

I think that's pretty much everything I've tried..HTH!!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:49 AM   #28  

I've been on a vanilla WS shake kick. I grew to like it enough to order 4 boxes today with the $10 off promo code they emailed today.

I don't know if it's that I was sick of chocolate, but lately I wanna have the vanilla more often. Had two of them today.

Right now, the Chocomint is the most appetite suppressing. Someting about the MINT aspect makes me NOT feel like eating after it, so I like it for my last shake of the day. It's like the "after dinner mint" psychological effect.

I ordered CLICK espresso shot protein mix cause it had great reviews and Amazon has it on special. I wanted a real coffee, stronger mocha option. Will see if I like that.

But it makes me laugh that the shake I thought I'd like least is right now the one I want to drink the most (ie vanilla). Tastes like melted vanilla ice cream to me....
Old 10-29-2010, 01:53 AM   #29  

I had some Kay's Naturals Better Balance protein chips in chili nacho cheese tonight with some lowfat cheese as my late snack, and I like those. Nice crunch. Decent flavor. I'd reorder those from Diet Direct. In fact, I find the Kay's Naturals snacks and cookie bites and such are much better than the WS ones in terms of texture and taste.

I had 1/3 of the bag for 55 cals and I think it was 5 grams of protein (the whole serving is 10). It has fiber and no gluten. Nice. Goes well with the WS tomatoey based entrees (veg joe, beans chili, spicy cheese pasta). Worth looking into...

The Kay's Natural pretzels are better than the WS ones, too, in terms of flavor.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

I am so glad I read this thread. I had NO idea that there were other puddings! I am so new to the Wonderslim diet. And I saw the puddings and shakes because I have those. But I didn't realize in addition to those there were caramel and lemon. Darned if I didn't just get a box of food today! But I am for sure ordering these next time. I can't wait to try the lemon and caramel. They seem to be the fave on the diet direct site. Thank you SO much for posting these!!!
esilva1 is offline   Reply With Quote