Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #106  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaElevated View Post
I love this posting our stats business. I still eat like twice the carbs as you ladies, but it does still feel good to post it!

Cals: 1,144 Carbs: 101 Fat: 32 Protein: 105
Don't worry about your carbs so much, you aren't that high. If you stop losing then I would try to lower you carbs by 10g and see if that works. Everyone has a different limit to carb sensitivity.

I post net carbs btw. I don't know if you are posting straight carbs or net carbs. Add about 20g of carbs to my numbers I've been posting and you've got the straight carb. count.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't post net unless I eat a carbwise tortilla- because that would throw me way off if I didn't do the net on them other wise it is straight.. (I am hoping that helps me stay on the lower end haha) the tricks we use to fool our minds.
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Ohhh.. well that makes me feel better kelly. I am posting straight carbs, not net.
That makes more sense. I was thinking to myself, how the eff do they do it!

Thanks for the kudos, Chop! I wish I loved healthy eating as much as I love working out. It's a strange thing. I mean, I don't love it, but I do love feeling strong and it gives me a great sense of control without reverting back to my food control issues (binge/purge history, I have to be careful with how much I "pay attention" to my foods because I become obsessive).

I am going to see how the 5-1-1 plan works this week and if I don't see the change I want, I will have to get more creative with limiting my carbs!
LisaElevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #109  

Well, just tried the Tropical Blend Wonderslim Shake. This is a flavor they have for the their shakes not the shake/pudding. This has 12g of Protein, 90 calories but 9g carbs (8 if you are counting net). It's very bland. I imagine adding my banana syrup in it will spruce it up. Also does not mix as well so it left it a bit chalky. Would probably be really good blended with some real fruit.

So there's another review. haha.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

umm.....what are net carbs?
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post
umm.....what are net carbs?
I'm sure there is a bigger definition but it's pretty much the number of carbs minus fiber. Fiber isn't digested in the small intestine and so isn't broken down into glucose and absorbed into the blood. That means it doesn't cause a spike in glucose levels which is what works for low carb diets.

As with everything there is a debate on whether or not you should count this way, but I used to be on Atkins so it kind of stuck with me.

Also, Sugar Alcohol is another one that gets minused (although like any sweetener can still stall weight loss in some).

I'm sure that is clear as mud. I'm not good at explaining. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/pro...a/netcarbs.htm This is an easy read if you are looking for a more in depth response.

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-01-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #112  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Great info ladies - on measuring and net carbs!! Never new there was a difference!! I joined fitday, but haven't really done much in there - I need to get in there and track my stuff - especially this next week when I'm out and about!! That will help me remain accountable for sure!

Ok...so I bought my friends DS - gave way too much for it (cause then I found one from someone else with 4 DS games and it's a LITE for $100 - I paid $80 and got 2 GBA games)...oh well...my friends daughter was tickled to get some moolah...and life goes on...so I went out today to get some DS games for the trip..OMG how cool are they!! I got a 50 classic games (has checkers, chess, sudoku, black jack and tons of others) and got an Indiana Jones game for son; and an I spy game...shoudl be fun!! I've already played checkers just to see how it all works..the DS games are WAY cooler than the GBA games!! (they are touch)...
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Great info ladies - on measuring and net carbs!! Never new there was a difference!! I joined fitday, but haven't really done much in there - I need to get in there and track my stuff - especially this next week when I'm out and about!! That will help me remain accountable for sure!

Ok...so I bought my friends DS - gave way too much for it (cause then I found one from someone else with 4 DS games and it's a LITE for $100 - I paid $80 and got 2 GBA games)...oh well...my friends daughter was tickled to get some moolah...and life goes on...so I went out today to get some DS games for the trip..OMG how cool are they!! I got a 50 classic games (has checkers, chess, sudoku, black jack and tons of others) and got an Indiana Jones game for son; and an I spy game...shoudl be fun!! I've already played checkers just to see how it all works..the DS games are WAY cooler than the GBA games!! (they are touch)...
Glad your enjoying it! I have nintendo DS and love it. Reminds me I need to play more. ^_^
Old 07-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

YAOUHZAH! This is a close est. of my numbers today since we are going to the stinking rose. Not sure as we are going tonight but wanted to get an idea ahead of time. I am glad I did the LizR plan to off set this haha. perhaps I will try to do it another day this weekend.
1,634= cals 44.5= fat 87.5= carbs 91.5= protein
Now things might change if I decide to have dessert!
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop69 View Post
YAOUHZAH! This is a close est. of my numbers today since we are going to the stinking rose. Not sure as we are going tonight but wanted to get an idea ahead of time. I am glad I did the LizR plan to off set this haha. perhaps I will try to do it another day this weekend.
1,634= cals 44.5= fat 87.5= carbs 91.5= protein
Now things might change if I decide to have dessert!
Wow, that is not bad at all!!! Your carbs and fat are still low...and your protein is still pretty high. Awesome! What are you having at the Stinkin' Rose? I love that name
Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #116  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

I agree..."Stinking Rose"...way cute name..I bet it's a quaint bistro...am I right??? Yeah...and what will you be having from the Stinking Rose missy??

Ok, so I know Liz posted her plan eons ago - and I didn't write it down...so will someone PLEASE post it again..I have a feeling I will need to do it a little bit when I get back from vacation!

Kelly - what DS game (s) do you love??? I'm diggin on that classic game one - TONS to choose from...but I think I'd enjoy the Brain Teaser ones too - or they might just make me mad...
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #117  

Stats for today: Subject to change but most likely not.

Calories: 1,050 Net Carbs: 55 (72) Fat: 39 Protein: 95

The number in parenthesis are the true amount of carbs.

@Kristikins - I love the brain games, I have a few of them! They can be frustrating sometimes. I have Cake Mania and another cooking one. Just a lot of silly games, haha! and Mario Bros of course.

I am on my 4 day weekend! I am so happy and relaxed now!

Also, day 4 of no smoking, and guess what?! I still don't miss it!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #118  

S/C/G: S259/C150/1/G160

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Queen - "wise one" huh...I'll take that...if you're talking to me anyway...Any idea on how many calories you are eating? That would be my first guess - that you're not eating enough! When I let my Doc look over the WS plan, she said I could even eat up to the 1200 cals (on the hungrier days) and still see a good loss - if you're not eating enough, your body can't burn it off! And it's not just the amount of cals you're eating, sometimes it's WHAT you're eating!! Keep a log of your intake for a few days and post it here...we'll take a gander at it maybe we'll see a red flag somewhere!!

Hooty Hooty Hoot it's THURSDAY !!! I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow so I can ge my house cleaned and get all packed up for our TRIP!!!
Kristi--I have been keeping track on the medifast site tsflsupportinmotion everyday but it does not show me the carbs, just the calories, that I can see.
I just now joined fitday but don't see them having the medifast meals in there so not sure I am up to logging in the info on every meal item- need to see about having time to do that. Suggestions welcome.

I do know I am eating between 930-1000 a day. I don't ever skip any of the 5/1 meals but don't ever cheat either.

Porkchop- is there an easier way to do fitday or is there an advantage to paying for the fitday membership. My time is so limited during the day. I normally log online to chat around 9- 10pm or later when I am done with work, dinner etc.
queenofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #119  

queen....I use thedailyplate.com I think it's called livestrong.com now. You can track your food intake there as well. They have a lot of medifast and wonderslim products already in there...so far I've been able to find everything I've eaten. Usually the only thing I have to add myself is if I make a recipe and want to know all the nutrition facts. Hope that helps....oh...and it's free too )
Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Cals: 1,108 Carbs: 117 Fat: 22 Protein: 117
Fiber: 19

Woo. I am a little worried about being consistently below 1200, sure not by much, but it has been beaten into my head that going below 1200 is bad for the metabolism, but my nutrients seem to be great, so I will just see how this week goes and not obsess... too much!
LisaElevated is offline   Reply With Quote