Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #406  

Porkchop, congratulations! That's an impressive loss.

I wish I could do an exercise program but a bad lower back makes it impossible. Good luck to everyone this week.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #407  

Height: 5'6

More TMI but this is pretty funny. Well, you've heard me complaining about tummy issues the past few days seemingly from pizza...and then I thought I was constipated (although that is better now)....

The pain was menstrual cramps...

To explain, I have PCOS and have not had a natural period in over 3 years. This pain I've been feeling is cramps! I'm excited and in pain, but excited! This is a lot of progress for me.

I know you didn't need to know that but in a way that is a NSV for me.

Okay, I promise no more gross stuff the rest of the week!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

PorkChop, Waterwoman:

That's AMAZING!!
Good for you!

Thanks for the inspiration too, I have been mad slacking on my lean and greens. It's been less green and more convenience!

Kristikins, when I first started the 30ds, I took 2 days off after that first go and when I got back on it, I was not anywhere near as sore as the first time, it really does get easier. But also.. listen to your body. If your knees are sore, maybe try a knee brace or more stretching to see if that helps. Google some knee stretches. And if all else fails, maybe super modify or skip the lunges and knee kicks and sub in static bicep curls and walking in place.
She always goes on about "phoning it in" but really, those 400lb people she has working out have constant medical supervision and us lowly real-lifers need to watch ourselves more carefully!

I have been having a hard time remaining consistent with my c25k. I let the weather get in the way too much. It's just so darn HOT. Maybe I need to suck it up and get up earlier so I can do it in the morning.
Boo.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #409  

YAY Kelly for a normal TOM!!!

I feel your pain. Literally. I start next week and I have cysts as well and they HURT.
I call them spoon gnomes.
As in: I believe there are tiny gnomes living on my ovaries and once a month they go digging with spoons. (they're dull, so they hurt more!)
Old 06-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 193/157.4/145

Congratulations to porkchop and water woman

It has been a couple of days since i have posted i am still staying on plan and doing good recovering after sunday.. i am going to change my official wiegh in day to thursday so tomorrow i will let you guys know how i am doing i dont expect a huge lose but as long as i have not gain i will be happy. I am really looking forward to be 169 at least before my bday witch is in about 2 weeks
Old 06-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you everyone for the posts. I was really worried that I would not have dropped but a pound. You see, last year I was determined to get my weight under control. That is when I did the 30 day shred everyday for 9 weeks (I only skipped like 3 days) and I started walking/jogging 3 to 5 times a week. in 9 weeks I lost a whopping 3 pounds! Yes you read that correctly. I talked to my Dr. we ran some test and everything is normal. We went over my food. I really do eat healthy (but now I realize I eat too many carbs, even healthy ones). My Dr. just said it was genetics and that there isn't much we can do about genetics.

I had my second son 10 years ago after spending 2 months in the hosp. for pregnancy induced high blood pressure. He only weighed 2 lbs 15 oz. It was really hard on the whole family while I was on bed rest and in the hosp. I was 200lbs and didn't gain an oz the whole pregnancy though I ate like a fiend.

Flash forward to Jan of this year. I went and saw my high risk OBGYN and discussed having another baby. He cleared me to get pregnant again (there really is no predicting whether or not you will get it again). But I am scared to death. So, I said to myself "Self, you will not get pregnant unless you give yourself a fighting chance and lose some weight first".

Needless to say, I didn't lose any weight (I have a bad habit to go all day without eating and eat too much at dinner). So, this was kind of like the last straw for me. I am 40 and the clock is ticking.

I ordered the 8 week program and said I would stick to it like glue whether or not I lost anything. I really thought it would be another one of those things where I followed it but my weight would not move. I am still in the mindset that this last week was a fluke and next week I will not lose anything at weigh in. I know that is my inner voice playing tricks on me.

So I come here for support. To stay motivated. Your struggles and victories spur me on. Here is to another week of being on plan.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #412  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Congratulations PorkChop That is INSANE 7 pounds!!!!! I bet you are SO glad you stuck with it girl!

Ladies I have a confession. I have been cheating on you with atkins... Its still low carb high protein just not prepackaged... Am I still allowed to come around and play??

I would stay with the 30ds however we have a history of knee injuries in my family, so I just want to be super super careful.... I think I will watch the video again and see what I can do without the legs, maybe sub in lots of punches lol.

Last edited by spaghetticat; 06-23-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #413  

Porkchop, I am so glad you had a god first week! That's great, since you had trouble the "traditional" way!
I had the same issue. Great diet, lots of exercise and no progress! it took me 6 months to lost 9lbs. I couldn't lose more than a half pound a week.
Turns out I am border-line insulin resistant. Not enough to be pre-diabetic, but enough to need to limit my carbs!
The first week is almost always the biggest, with water weight and all that, but that is seriously impressive!
I just had to keep that in mind when my second week loss was half the amount of the first week!
SpaghettiCat,
Of course you can still play! (hopefully speaking for the group here!)
Support is support and at least you have used WS enough to relate!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #414  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetticat View Post
Congratulations PorkChop That is INSANE 7 pounds!!!!! I bet you are SO glad you stuck with it girl!

Ladies I have a confession. I have been cheating on you with atkins... Its still low carb high protein just not prepackaged... Am I still allowed to come around and play??

I would stay with the 30ds however we have a history of knee injuries in my family, so I just want to be super super careful.... I think I will watch the video again and see what I can do without the legs, maybe sub in lots of punches lol.
Haha, I am hurt! But of course you can stay around. I don't see myself on WonderSlim forever and when I do get back to real food I will most likely do an Atkins type thing as well. So please come by often! Even if you are a "cheater" :P
Old 06-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Cat- Please keep us posted I am curious to see what your weightloss is compared to WS How long have you been doing the Adkins. Let us know that your loss is please and post on here often!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #416  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

What?? Cat?? You've been cheating??? sniff sniff...I just don't think I can go on...where is the fidelity you promised us??? HA!! JK...girl you know we don't care, so long as you still come in to chat w/ us - A LOT!!! I was wonderin where you were! PLEASE be careful with Atkins though - even though you hit ketosis quickly and loose like mad, if you're eating tons and tons of meat meat and meat you may still be harming your heart! I read the SB diet book and that guy said the Atkins fella died from a heart attack...so puhleeze be careful!!

Kelly - SO glad you're ok...and I guess Congrats are in order for your TOM...I, personally would be cursing it...3 years w/out and now boom...no thanks!!! Of course I'm the one trying to talk my doc into being the first to do a uterus transplant - I'm totally done w/ mine, and it works, only used once, so it's still under warranty - I'll donate it for free - just take it out!!!

Lisa - Thanks for the encouragement on the 30DS - I think I may take hubbys glucosamine for a lil bit to see if that helps - this ole gray mare just ain't what she use to be I guess! I will modify more too on those lunges and squats! I can sure feel it in my thighs today when I get up and sit down at my desk! I'm for one, NOT a morning person! So NO WAY will I get up earlier to work out...I'd be mad all day!!

Chop - GL on your plan! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! I've heard of lots of people loosing weight and then find out they're preggo...that BETTAH not be my story!!

Oh BTW...the PB syrup is fantastico in the Choc!! I'll be having Butterscotch in the Vanilla again this afternoon! WOot WoOT for S/F syrups!!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #417  

I am just starting atkins as of today, I am going to only do a one week induction as I leave for my trip in a week - I will still be doing low carb, it will just make things easier for me to be able to eat. I will keep you posted. I have packed 2 weeks of wonderslim foods, so if I find its not really working for me for whatever reason i have back up :P Back up that is taking up like half my suit case haha.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #418  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Kelly - SO glad you're ok...and I guess Congrats are in order for your TOM...I, personally would be cursing it...3 years w/out and now boom...no thanks!!! Of course I'm the one trying to talk my doc into being the first to do a uterus transplant - I'm totally done w/ mine, and it works, only used once, so it's still under warranty - I'll donate it for free - just take it out!!!

Oh BTW...the PB syrup is fantastico in the Choc!! I'll be having Butterscotch in the Vanilla again this afternoon! WOot WoOT for S/F syrups!!
Haha! I am cursing it now that the cramps are getting worse, but I'm only 25 and would like to have kids sometime so the normalizing would be a good thing! Got to find a man first!

Glad to hear the PB syrup is good!!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #419  

I have been reading- and talked to my dr, and all sorts of things :P Dr Atkins died from a head injury.. And the super extra rapid weight loss comes from the 2 week induction phase, just as many of us lost lots of pounds in our first week. Its not super restrictive after that- actually i will be getting to eat more berries and nuts WAY more greens then I have been, but I promise I will be good :P I have so many stupid medical issues I am regularly at the drs anyways. He already thinks (just from medifast and WS) that I have lost too much weight and is sending me for fasting labs to check all my levels. I just think he doesn't grasp the whole concept of ketosis, but its okay as long as all my levels are good
Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #420  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetticat View Post
I am just starting atkins as of today, I am going to only do a one week induction as I leave for my trip in a week - I will still be doing low carb, it will just make things easier for me to be able to eat. I will keep you posted. I have packed 2 weeks of wonderslim foods, so if I find its not really working for me for whatever reason i have back up :P Back up that is taking up like half my suit case haha.
I am sure it will work fine. I lose more quickly on Atkins with the lower carbs, but I am not much of a cook so I never followed through. That is why I am truly loving WonderSlim right now.

I don't really follow the WonderSlim plan 100% either. I just plan on having 1000-1200 calories and under a 100 carbs. Those are my biggest goals right now and somedays it is through mostly shakes and other days I only have 1-2 shakes and 2 regular meals. I'm going to ride the weight loss til it stops! ^_^

Have fun on your trip!
Closed Thread