Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Holy Moly ladies! I'm loving these numbers!! Kudos to everyone!!

Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow...I had a good weigh in today, hopefully it sticks around for tomorrow!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #287  

I weighed myself this morming and was very disappointed. I am not for sure what the weight is because I weighed myself more than once to make sure and of course the scale told me three or four different weights. So I said will do it next week. I am also getting discouraged because I am not losing like I want and part of it is me. I don't know what's going with my body, but if I don't eat at a certain time or enough I get really sick and nauseated. I am thinking that maybe WS is not for me. I don't know. I am totally confused at this point.

It's like my body has not adjusted to this new lifestyle. I am going to talk to my doctor to see what she suggest and of course she will say WW like she always says.

I am still going to try.
mollymai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #288  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymai View Post
I am still going to try.

I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble. I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried WW before and not liked it? Maybe you could do WW and some WS products like Marg.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #289  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Justlinda - congrats on your loss - and your good test results!! YAY!!

Congrats to the twosome 3.8 loosers too!! Yall are rockin right along!!

Molly - hang in there girl...maybe you're not eating enough calories?? My doc was always plugged WW, but now they do The Center for Medical Weight Loss - so she's finally off the WW kick!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #290  

I probably asked this before, is anyone doing WS to the T? I might need to add the starches, fruit and optionals bac to the plan. I just so hooked on this low carb thing. When I first started I input my daily meal and it was way higher than WS said it shouls be. I was told to do the 1200 cal because I have over 30lbs to lose. But when I go over to NLD they don't want you to eat any extra carbs or fruit.

Also I get up so early 5am and it's hard to space out the meals. I was told to do every 3 hours, but I am feelong hungry before that, if I do every 2 I will have a long wait to eat dinner while at work. I think I am going to talk to a nutritionist.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I probably asked this before, is anyone doing WS to the T? I might need to add the starches, fruit and optionals bac to the plan. I just so hooked on this low carb thing. When I first started I input my daily meal and it was way higher than WS said it shouls be. I was told to do the 1200 cal because I have over 30lbs to lose. But when I go over to NLD they don't want you to eat any extra carbs or fruit.

Also I get up so early 5am and it's hard to space out the meals. I was told to do every 3 hours, but I am feelong hungry before that, if I do every 2 I will have a long wait to eat dinner while at work. I think I am going to talk to a nutritionist.
I also thought the same as you, the first week I was on WS I did it pretty close to the "T" but then I thought I should cut out the starches and extras cause after putting my info in Fitday my calories were way over 1200? I have decided that on my "hungry days" instead of adding the starch I am adding a low fat high protein snack (like turkey pepperoni or a stick of low fat cheese) I think this is working beter cause the protein is making me feel fuller longer then if I had a slice of toast!? However there are days too that I will sneak a bit of my sons pasta so instead of knowingly adding the 'extras' I just let myself have a few small cheats and those are my extras.

I think everyone is different and you just have to figure out what your body needs. Some people loose more weight by going low fat some loose more by going low calorie? Just my own personal opinion, but I'm no doctor!?
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Molly I'm still following the NLD plan, but I've switched up when I eat things a bit. I get up later then you but hopefully it may help you out. I drink my breakfast shake-two hours later another shake--two hours later I divide up the lunch bar and lunch shake-sometimes I separate them by an hour or even two. Then about about two hours before dinner I have another shake-dinner and then another shake later that night. I know we are suppose to have another hotdrink or something at night, but I've not been able to get it in. Even if you added it in you should be able to drink or eat something every two hours. I hope it makes sense-this really helps me keep from being hungry because I'm eating every two hours and sometimes more often then that.
amy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #293  

Thank you so much for your opinions. I am thinking maybe I should have my first meal at 8:15 or so, but that is three and half hours after I wake up. I wonder if that really makes a difference.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #294  

Quote:
I am thinking maybe I should have my first meal at 8:15 or so, but that is three and half hours after I wake up. I wonder if that really makes a difference.
I wake up around 4.30 to 5am too. I have my first shake around 5.30 to 6am. I used to wait until 8am but it started to drive me crazy. It made me feel hungrier the whole day too but I think that was just being psyched out by starting the day so miserably hungry.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #295  

Hi Ladies,

The other day there was some discussion of shake recipes and I came up with one today that I wanted to share with you. It's my version of a BBC(Baileys, banana, and cream). I used the vanilla shake, added some sugar free Irish cream syrup, a small banana, and whirled it in my Hamilton Beach individual serving blender. Delish! I suppose if you aren't doing the fruits, you could always add some banana flavoring instead.

BTW, it was great today to get back on the program after my procedure...it seems I really missed my shakes the last two days!
justlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

MollyMai, I am sorry to hear that WS isn't working out like you hoped. It takes alot of tweaking to see what your body needs, especially if you are really active. I do not do the diet to a T.
I find that if I have a really active week, more than my usual walking routine, I need more of the carbs and will eat about 20g more than usual that day to feel good.
I have 5 shakes a day and 2 L&G meals.
I get up at 6a and take a walk, breakfast shake at 8a
Shake at 10a
Lunch at noon (350 calories max)
shake at 2p
Shake at 4p
Dinner at 6p (350 calories max) then take another walk
Shake at 8p that I usually make with 4oz water for a pudding (i am a big night snacker, so this helps)
If I am hungry before 8am, after my workout I will eat something under 50 calories and just deduct it from lunch or dinner. Usually a small piece of fruit or a string cheese, slice of turkey, glass of soymilk.. it usually does the trick as long as I keep up with my water.
Hope that helps!
LisaElevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

drum roll.....official weigh in day today

Lost 4 lbs since last Friday!! I am now 190.8!! Woot!! Total of 7 lbs lost since starting WS last Wednesday! Lovin' it!!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #298  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post

Lost 4 lbs since last Friday!! I am now 190.8!! Woot!! Total of 7 lbs lost since starting WS last Wednesday! Lovin' it!!
WOO HOOO!!! Congrats! That's an awesome loss for a week!! Great job!!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

WOOO!!! Way to Go Jyoyo!!

We are officially the same weight... uhoh... I forsee an inner challenge for me! Thanks for being an awesome motivation!
LisaElevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #300  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post

AWESOME.