Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

I'm still waiting for my 2nd order, it feels like it is taking forever! Guess I should have ordered sooner, I am almost completely out of food!! So I went ahead and ordered my 3rd shipment right away just so that I wouldn't be in this situation again and almost fell over when Diet Direct said my shipping was going to be $62!!! Wish I could have got more orders when it was free shipping to Canada!! If shipping prices keep going up I might not be able to continue!?
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

oh my word!!! That is a LOT for shipping!! You need a friend that lives across the border from you that you can have it shipped to them, then go pick it up!! lol Actually...I have no idea how close Edmonton is to the border, so maybe that wouldn't work anyway! )
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post
oh my word!!! That is a LOT for shipping!! You need a friend that lives across the border from you that you can have it shipped to them, then go pick it up!! lol Actually...I have no idea how close Edmonton is to the border, so maybe that wouldn't work anyway! )
That would be a great idea, however I don't know anyone in the states. Edmonton is about 10hrs from the border, I just find it hard to believe that powder meals can weigh that much.
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #169  
Changing my life....

S/C/G: 247.5/238/145

Height: 5'11

Congrats Lizr on the pound . I have read that many dieters can loose more when they up their calories a little.

I just had my first Caramel Butter Pecan Bar...good lord are they tasty.

And....I finally got my ticker...Yeah .

Last edited by jeanelld; 05-10-2010 at 05:21 PM.
jeanelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Only lost .8 lbs this week. I'm not too upset since I did go off plan this weekend. At least I didn't gain!
I'm hoping for a better loss this week.

Finally got my ticker to work!

Last edited by harvester; 05-10-2010 at 05:45 PM.
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #171  

Just got the notice that my order has been shippped!
justlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #172  

Height: 5'5.5"

WOOT to all the newbies that are just about to get started.

Yesterday I tried the full WS meal plan posted by mollimai. It is 9 WS meal items with no additions although I had green beans with my sons during dinner. I LOVED it. It was less than 1100 calories and I was not hungry. I can't believe how much more filling WS is than other food.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizR View Post
WOOT to all the newbies that are just about to get started.

Yesterday I tried the full WS meal plan posted by mollimai. It is 9 WS meal items with no additions although I had green beans with my sons during dinner. I LOVED it. It was less than 1100 calories and I was not hungry. I can't believe how much more filling WS is than other food.

It is amazing isn't it? I'm on day 20-and I'm seldom hungry (only hungry when I've went to long without a shake) I did one day of shakes only and I'm going to try to periodically do a full fast. It makes me realize how much non filling junk I've eaten.

Amy
amy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #174  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hey all! Congrats on the losses...annieann hope you get your goodies soon..I wouldn't think powedered food would be that expensive to ship either, but I do know from my crafting swaps postage can get rediculous when sending over the border...hang in there!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
That would be a great idea, however I don't know anyone in the states. Edmonton is about 10hrs from the border, I just find it hard to believe that powder meals can weigh that much.
Ugh...it must be customs and the prices they have to pay for that. Just for giggles, next time you get a package, see how much the label says it weighs, then find out for yourself how much it really costs...lol I'm weird and curious all the time, so that is something I would do
Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #176  

Wow, lots of newbies! Me included So exciting!! Glad to see everyone is getting their tickers too...they make it more fun somehow.

I like the idea of the full liquid diet to sort of change things up a bit. I might have to try that every now and again. I've read different articles about keeping your body guessing, as far as calorie intake and such. Meaning, try to switch things up and have high and low calorie days through out the week. Similar to interval training in your workouts....doing short bursts of hight intensity stuff...the longer periods of medium and light intensity. When I was following Weight Watchers a while back, I heard about the Wendie Plan...which is the same concept. You have the same amount of points alloted throughout the week that WW would allow, but you divide them differently so that you're having high point days and low point days. That was helpful for me while I was on WW. But...I hate counting points...so here I am!!!

I should be getting my package TODAY!!!! Can't wait to get home and get started!!! Woot Woot!!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post
. That was helpful for me while I was on WW. But...I hate counting points...so here I am!!!
That's why I started the liquid diet-I hated counting points, calories etc. I hated having to think about food-what can I have, how much, when am I eating again. I would find myself slipping to easily on those plans. I sabatoge myself thinking "one little bite won't hurt." or just making poor choices with my allotted points/calories.

Now I know every two hours I'll have a shake-my biggest choice is will it be chocolate or strawberry After the first couple of days my cravings went away. My family can eat whatever they want and it's not bothering me-my husband can watch the food network with me in the room

I know when I get closer to maintainance I will have to think about all of that but for know I'm just going to lose the weight and work on the transition part when I get there.

Amy
amy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #178  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Amy - you are SOOOO right about using all your points for junky food...that's what I always did on WW - heck yes I can eat 30 points before lunch..show me the Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, Froot Loops and a spoon!!

I'm counting calories, as well as doing a dr. supervised shake/bar diet. I'm doing pretty good at keeping my measly 550 calories in the "healthy" zone though; I could seriously tear up a box of cereal or a box of Little debbies...but I think I'd have to throw up afterward...I'm on a good roll so far!!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #179  

HI Ladies- I started yesterday. Are most of you on the 1000 or 1200 plan? Also can you tell me how much you have lost and the timeframe that you did it in? Go us!!!!
thinivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #180  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinivy View Post
HI Ladies- I started yesterday. Are most of you on the 1000 or 1200 plan? Also can you tell me how much you have lost and the timeframe that you did it in? Go us!!!!
Welcome thinivy.

I just past my 5 month anniversary of starting WS. I've lose 72lbs in that time. I did the 1000 calorie diet for the first 4 weeks then moved to the 1200 calorie diet. Just this week I started a new plan which has 9 WS products a day and no extra food. It runs about 1100 calories a day.

Last edited by LizR; 05-11-2010 at 05:32 PM.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote