Hmr

• I just ordered HMR on Friday and am interested in hearing if anyone else has any recent experience with this diet plan. I am doing the more structured plan at home.

If anyone has any experience with either the at home program or the medically supervised program, I'd be interested in hearing the good, the bad and the ugly. And hopefully the skinny!

Thanks!
  • Hi,
    I was on HMR for about 4 weeks back in October. I was not losing very much and was following to the "T". It was also so restrictive that I was depressed. I am now on 4th week of jenny craig and am doing so much better than the HMR diet and more satisfied. However, a colleague did hmr and did well with it. Best of luck to you -- i hope it works!
  • Thank you so much for letting me know your experience. I had great success with Jenny Craig the first time I did it - less so on my second attempt post my second child. Best of luck to you too!
  • Hi!

I am just about finished with my 3rd week on HMR, but i do the medically supervised one at the center. I actually love it. I lost 10.5 lbs the first week about just over 4 the second week. I'm hoping this week will be just as good.

Each week I have "cheated" or had a meal off of the plan, but I am also very good about exercise and staying on track the other days. I don't even eat the entrees. I stick to the shakes, but then also turn them into pancakes or omelettes (with the soup mix). It is nice to not have to make decisions and to know that you are still consuming very few calories. I am usually at about 600 calories for a day and am honestly not hungry.

I'd love to talk to anyone else doing the program and am happy to answer questions from anyone interested!
  • Hi Alison,
    I just joined HMR myself.
    How has it continued to go for you?
  • Hi,

I have been on HMR since September and I love it. I do healthy solutions (their meals plus fruit and vegetables) at a center and go to the meetings weekly. I have lost almost 50 lbs so far (46.4 to be exact). This is the first time I have ever felt truly in control of my weight. I have done other diets like Weight Watchers in the past and nothing has worked. With HMR I feel like food is not the center of my life. I have a good bit of weight left to go but I feel confident that HMR is going to get me there. I hope HMR is going well for you and I am here if you want any HMR specific support!
  • I lost 60 lbs in about 5 months with HMR (medically supervised) in 2013. Now that I've gone and gained 30 lbs back, I joined the core program again this week.
  • What is HMR?

Joe
  • AllisonJERZ - How are you not hungry?!??!?! I'm ready to eat my office supplies!!!

I've tried this diet in the past and have had trouble sticking it with it long term, but I'm at it again. I'm having major TMD issues so that has spurred me to try again. I need to eat soft foods and liquids mainly anyway may as well try to lose weight while doing so.

I had a family member who did this diet many years back and lost over 100 lbs. Sadly, she gained it all back.

HMR = health management resources. It just got rated the #2 weight loss diet by US News. It has shakes and pre-packaged meals and bars. I'm doing shakes only b/c I can't eat the food - too much soy.
  • What kind of fruits can you have?
  • I just started HMR Healthy Solutions yesterday with my boyfriend, due to it being the #2 in US World News in terms of weightloss. I have tried so many things including Ideal Protein which made me cranky and depressed. Today I am down 2 lbs and boyfriend is down 4.2lbs. Guessing it's all water but still! We have been trying to "eat healthy" and not diet for the past six months and having seen a change on the scale like that.
    I like the shakes because you can make them into a pudding that tastes like the brownie batter I used to binge on. I also like that you can eat whatever fruits and veggies you like.
    Seems like this hasn't been a very popular program on 3FC and I wonder why. I like it way better than IPD.
  • New to the program!
    My endo clinic has this program and never heard of it before I went to his practice. Have all my food, fruit/veggies, and meals ready to go!

All I'm missing is an awesome support group. There is a HMR divas Facebook group that's inactive. I'm happy to start one and admin it if others are interested!

Looking forward to my first 6 weeks of progress! 😀
  • New to HMR
    Hello!
    I am on the HMR diet day 12 and lost 9 lbs (from 192 lbs down to 182.7 today). Anyone on this diet and want to share experiences/support each other?