3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Diet To Go Buddies 2010

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #16

S/C/G: 470/470/250

Height: 5'6"

I think the biggest annoyance I had was the forcing of doubling up on the low-carb. The lure of having more options was intense with the low-fat. I have serious gall bladder issues, so I've had to weigh the insulin resistance issues against the searing gall bladder pains the higher fat, lower carb foods were giving me. Also, I would have a bite here and there of my husband's food (he's on the low-fat) and just loved it.

I've been following your diet journal, Kerri. It's fascinating seeing other people's opinions of the food daily. I've got a friend following my diet journal who is waiting to see me on it for a while before she commits to joining DTG.

I think, in the long run, I just need to be happy with the food, and I just wasn't on the low-carb. I'm much more excited about the low-fat. I felt much better once we made the call and switched. There were delicious dishes on the low-carb (OMG, I am in love with that goat cheese baked chicken), but overall, the menu just wasn't doing it for me.

Saundra
Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #17

S/C/G: 341/209.1/160

Height: 5'8"

Saundra - wow if you have gallbladder issues than I can only imagine what that low carb food is doing to you! Most the low fat food is pretty good. I actually just called today and switched to the vegetarian since I'm almost cycled through the low fat food. I like the variety! You gotta be happy with what you are eating or it definitely won't work! I hope the low fat is satisfying for you!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #18

S/C/G: 172/156/145

Height: 5'4"

Default maintenence?

I was just wondering if you guys have thought about what you'll do for maintenence? I'm worried about how and what I'll do once I reach my goal. For now I think I'm going to start entering what I eat in Fitday. Then when I'm a little closer to my goal I might start weighing my food so I can really learn what the appropraite portion size is. I'm definately going to stick with low carb long term.

I'd love to hear what your planning if your thought about it.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #19

S/C/G: 225/192/150

Height: 5'2"

Default @Sammyann

I am logging my food @ Sparkpeople now, I weigh the meat portions quite often already. I am only doing 5 days a week (Low Carb), so I am logging and weighing the 2 non DTG days as well. I think this will make the transition to maintenance easier...WAY down the road lol! I will probably order DTG every other week after a while, so that there's always something low carb and easy in the freezer, but get myself back in the swing of doing it myself slowly.

I just ordered the GoWear Fit to go along with my DTG food plan. Anyone else on DTG using this or the BodyBugg to keep up with calories burned?

~Terri
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #20

Default Hi al!!

Hi everyone I am new to DTG have completed a little over a week of the 1200 calorie low-fat plan. So far things are going well. I have been supplementing with fresh fruit and veggies as well as some almonds if I am starving! Haven't weighed in yet but I feel good! I have found a few meals I didn't like but overall I have been impressed with the quality and taste of the food. I loved the Tomato Veggie Pie, Chicken Fajita, Mac and Cheese and Turkey Burger....I could do without Broccoli and Cheese soup, turkey meatloaf (yuck!) and the ravolietti pasta.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posting!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #21

Yay - 14 lbs gone since starting Diet to Go Low Carb ) My blood pressue has also gone down dramatically, from 140+/90+ (if I was late taking my bp med), to hovering around 117/75...only taking the meds now because it regulates my rapid heartbeat. How great is that??

(And for anyone interested...I am loving the GoWear Fit armband! It is great knowing how many calories my body is burning, and being able to self-regulate on days with differnet calorie burn levels.)

I don't follow my DTG menu as listed, so if I've had a higher burn day, I have a higher calorie dinner....if it's been a lazy day, I go for the lower calories. I think they work really well together!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #22

S/C/G: 172/156/145

Height: 5'4"

Meggo, welcome! I'm glad its going well.

Terri, big Congrats on the 14 lb weight loss!!! And the blood pressure dropping is awesome.

I've read about the GoWear Fit. They sound really cool. I'd like to get one for my husband. He's started changing his diet and working out a lot since I started Diet to Go. I can't really exercise much yet so I don't think it would be much benefit to me. But I'm getting stronger and healthier every day so maybe someday soon. But with mainly just Diet to Go I've also lost 14lbs!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #23

So where did everyone go? How's everyone doing? Anyone out there??

I'm down another 2 lbs! Yay! Diet to Go has provided exactly what I needed to stay on track, not grab fast food or the 'easy' thing when times are rushed or stressful...makes it so easy to pass up 'junk' when I know there's something healthy at home. It has also helped me re-learn portion contol, so that I'm making MUCH better choices when eating at restaurants, etc.

Still love it! (And, I'm loving the GoWear Fit, too....awesome combination!)
Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #24

I'm here! I have to be honest I have been on Diet to Go for almost 4 full weeks and I have yet to step on the scale. My clothing is looser and I feel great so I am going to face the scale on Tuesday to mark 4 full weeks! I am terrified of it but I know that it has to be done.

I'm doing 6 days a week of lunches and dinner and taking one day off for a nice dinner out with my husband. I have been adding raw veggies, one piece of fruit and a skim milk string cheese. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!!!

My name is Lorie and I live in a tiny town in southern Oklahoma. I am new to 3FG as well as DTG. I will get my first order this Thursday and can't wait! I am starting off in the Low fat option, and I've also ordered the bodybugg from 24 hour fitness, I had to return it though becuase it was broken, hoping to get my replacement in next week.
I ordered the 1200 DTG plan, and am going to add a few snacks of my own, mostly a dairy and a fruit or two. I am also planning to walkk 5 miles a day (10,000 steps). I am looking forward to start my new weight loss journey. Just wanted to stop in and introduce myslef, hope to meet lots of new people here on 3fc. If you have any questions for me please ask. Good luck to everyone on meeting your goals!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #26
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Hi:

I just put in for my first 5 day order.

I haven't ever tried this before and decided D2G was worth a try for 5 days. I'm going to try handling the weekend on my own.

I'm not sure that I'll like the food, but I thought it couldn't hurt to shake things up a bit.

I feel like I need a shake up.

Thanks!
A.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #27

Happy Spring, fellow DTGers ) Welcome to all the new folks...and hello to the old timers!

Lorie - How are things going with DTG and the Bodybugg? I LOVE BOTH ) I've lost 20 lbs, DTG since Jan 21, GoWear Fit since Feb 21....both live up to their claims, 100% I'm doing Low Carb, but the Low Fat food looks great!

Astrophe - How are you liking the DTG food? Are you doing Low Carb or Low Fat? I'm also doing the 5 day plan....lunch and dinner, occasionally get b/l/d just to have a few easy, low carb breakfasts in the freezer. Let us know how it's going.

Celebrating the start of spring 2010.....20 lbs. lighter! Amazing )

~Terri
Old 03-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #28
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Thanks for asking! Right now I started at 1600 Low Fat traditional.

I just got the box today and had the turkey burger meal for lunch. The oranges are still kind of frozen, so that part I'm saving for after school. Sandwich was tasty and filling. I added lettuce to the burger since I had it here.

It was promising enough and I assume the rest of today's meals will be at this level of taste, so I called up to make it a standing order and to ask for no Yoplait. Then I ought to get next week's on schedule and not have a "break" because I missed the friday deadline.

I have to admit I was disappointed in the Yoplait being in there. But customer service was nice when I called and gave me options like chanigng to Stonyfield yogurt. In the end I thought it was better to swap to 7 days lunch and dinner and just deal with my own breakfast. That one isn't hard.

I made an endoc appt for early May so I want to stick it out til then and see what my labs are like and if this helps with the PCOS/IR/prediabetes thing.

A.

Last edited by astrophe : 03-25-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #29
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Quote:
I was just wondering if you guys have thought about what you'll do for maintenence?
I keep a FitDay PC log and I'm entering things in now. I'm also taking pictures so I can relearn portions.

My problem is satiety. On paper I can figure out calories to recipes just fine. But they aren't necessarilly FILLING and can get me through 4 hours to the next meal.

So I've been making notes on what is filling and what isn't.

A.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #30

Ugh today was a bad week! We had an event at work all week that was flooded with bad food! I managed to avoid about 90% of it but still had junk like cookies and bagels! I don't think I gained but I definitely didn't lose. So I am committing to start anew tomorrow and recommit. Luckily work is back to normal so I am really concentrate on sticking to my goals.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.