Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #466  
Lean for Lifer

S/C/G: 230/207.4/120

Height: 5 Foot Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoughlin View Post
Does anyone ever eat a lean cuisine instead of the lean & green meal?
Hi there.

Honestly, I've found that those meals are full of carbs and sugar and would take me well over the lean and green carb count (about 15 to 20 carbs max).

With that being said, there are some frozen meals (South Beach, Atkins) that might be more in the range. Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I might check those out myself...hmmm

Best of luck!
Old 04-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #467  
Lean for Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradaboy View Post
Hi, I'm new to this board. I"m 24/male.

I should be getting my 4 week starter kit of wonderslim on friday. I did medifast for 2 weeks almost a year ago and lost 12lbs. I'm hoping for good things this time as well and I play on using the wonderslim in the exact same way as medifast! Wish me luck! lol
Welcome!!!! And indeed...I won't be too jealous when you lose 20 pounds in a week lol!!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 210/200.7/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
Welcome! Sorry I failed to welcome you...I actually read your post and headed of to the internet for my own Hello Kitty avatar! She's the best!

You can definitely interchange medifast for wonderslim...just realize that Medifast has a slightly higher carb rate because it included much needed fiber, whereas Wonderslim items generally lack fiber.

Also, always check craigslist for your local area. Lots of people seem to be trying to get rid of unwanted medifast and you can get a good deal.

Best of luck and welcome to the group!

Thank you, and that's ok. Yes Hello Kitty is my home girl! I did not know that I guess I'll just have to read those annoying Nutrition facts on the back of the boxes again. I'm done with CL two people promised to meet up so I can purchase their lots and canceled on me! So I'm just sticking to ebay for my goods. Thanks again for the welcome!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 210/200.7/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl78 View Post
Welcome tattooed beauti! Of course you're welcome. p.s. love the name as I have tattoos myself, and not just a few (half sleeves, a chest piece and some other odds and ends randomly around)

I'm a bit frustrated! I peeked at the scale and I'm only down 2 pounds. 2 pounds and my official weigh in is Friday. This is my first week! I really thought to have seen better results this week. I did better on weight watchers and got to indulge in bread and real desserts! I havent' strayed from my plan. I ate all my wonderlsim meals plus my lean and green. I didn't have extras. I've been using wonderslim with the medifast 5 & 1plan so I haven't even had the extra carbs/fruits in the plan. I know a loss is a loss, but I really expected more this time, especially since everyone else is having amazing results. I'm not giving up. I have over 3 weeks more worth of food left but I'm unsure if I'm going to place an order for another 2 weeks just yet. I do have hypothyroid (I've been taking my meds at 4am so they don't interfere with my plan) and I did see the dr Monday to discuss my weight gain in the last few months (6pds a month for 2 months). I had blood work drawn yesterday and will get the results of that on Monday. I really dont' think that's the issue though since I just had bloodwork drawn in January and I really don't feel any different than I did then.

If I'm going to lose at the same rate I did on ww I don't see the point in using wonderslim. At least with ww I could eat what I wanted and dine out with my family and have extra points for special occasions, but this just isn't working for me.

But I'm still moving ahead with this and hoping for the best and that my body is just late to kick in and that my big loss will be next week

yes I've been drinking my water btw!
Thank you, I have a full sleeve coming in that's getting finished up at this years tattoo convention in NYC. I want a chest piece soo bad but I'm afraid it'd look too masculine. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #470  

Quote:
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen!

Today marked one week on the program for me...so I formally weighed in this am--

10 POUNDS LOST!

I went from 193 to 183! Yay!

I did a big happy dance, so hopefully I burned some extra calories lol.

I will say I've been exercising a lot (generally 1 hr of cardio 4 days a week, if not more.)

I'm also using the WS products to follow the medifast program (5 supplements and one Lean and Green meal a day.)

The goal of medifast is to get your body into ketosis, where you've restricted your carb intake enough that your body is burning stored fat for energy...I use ketostix (can buy them at most pharmacies) to make sure I am in ketosis and measure daily. I generally consume no more than 80grams of carbs per day. (A quickstart to get in ketostis is to restrict your carbs to less than 50 per day for three days...95% you'll be in ketosis by day four.)

I hope everyone is doing well too! Onward and downward!
Congratulations! 10 lbs. in a week is awesome! I placed another order today. I am not quite through 1 week on my 2 week starter kit but since this week is payday I went ahead and placed another order. I wanted to lower my carb intake a little more so I ordered the cold drinls instead of the shakes. I also ordered a couple of boxes of the cappucino since it has only 2 carbs. I ordered the protidiet cereal so I can have it some crunch in my diet. I'm gonna try to stay around 30 to 40 carbs a day. I lose faster when my carbs are low.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #471  

Quote:
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen!

Today marked one week on the program for me...so I formally weighed in this am--

10 POUNDS LOST!

I went from 193 to 183! Yay!

I did a big happy dance, so hopefully I burned some extra calories lol.

I will say I've been exercising a lot (generally 1 hr of cardio 4 days a week, if not more.)

I'm also using the WS products to follow the medifast program (5 supplements and one Lean and Green meal a day.)

The goal of medifast is to get your body into ketosis, where you've restricted your carb intake enough that your body is burning stored fat for energy...I use ketostix (can buy them at most pharmacies) to make sure I am in ketosis and measure daily. I generally consume no more than 80grams of carbs per day. (A quickstart to get in ketostis is to restrict your carbs to less than 50 per day for three days...95% you'll be in ketosis by day four.)

I hope everyone is doing well too! Onward and downward!
WOW . You are the biggest loser for the most weightloss in one week. Congrats and keep up the good work.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #472  

I just had the cheesecake and it was very good. I wasn't expecting it be as good.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #473  
Lean for Lifer

Thanks guys!

I'm excited! And yeah, the cheesecake is pretty darn delicious!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

So I was just thinking, and maybe it's tmi, but I believe (thought can't be positive so it's just a hmmm and reason to pursue this plan further rather than jumpship with my smaller than expected lost...ps official weigh in is tomorrow) but I "think" I had a BM prior to weighing in last Friday morning. Maybe it's just me but I always pee and if possible do the other. I'm 75% positive I did before weighing in Friday but I'm not thinking I did the other days I weighed in (I weighed in super early). This morning I weighed 199.6 (making it over 4 pds lost my first week if this was official weigh in day). This was at 6am. Just now I went to the bathroom and it made me think that that "stuff" can easily weigh as much as a pound lol. So my point isn't to gross you guys out or make excuses for myself, but to just remind you guys to consider that if the scale hasn't been kind to you one weigh in this could be the reason.

I hope I didn't annoy anyone with this topic. Just trying to help!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #475  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl78 View Post
So I was just thinking, and maybe it's tmi, but I believe (thought can't be positive so it's just a hmmm and reason to pursue this plan further rather than jumpship with my smaller than expected lost...ps official weigh in is tomorrow) but I "think" I had a BM prior to weighing in last Friday morning. Maybe it's just me but I always pee and if possible do the other. I'm 75% positive I did before weighing in Friday but I'm not thinking I did the other days I weighed in (I weighed in super early). This morning I weighed 199.6 (making it over 4 pds lost my first week if this was official weigh in day). This was at 6am. Just now I went to the bathroom and it made me think that that "stuff" can easily weigh as much as a pound lol. So my point isn't to gross you guys out or make excuses for myself, but to just remind you guys to consider that if the scale hasn't been kind to you one weigh in this could be the reason.

I hope I didn't annoy anyone with this topic. Just trying to help!
No, it's not annoying . I actually do the same thing lol. I pee before I weigh myself and if I have to I will have a bm.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #476  

2lb loss this week
Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #477  

Height: 5'5.5"

on the weight loss cherrypie and mollymai.

I am the same the week but I haven't been sticking to Wonderslim very well. I am going to be 100% on the 1,000 cal a day plan this week. You guys are my witnesses!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #478  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymai View Post
2lb loss this week
woohoo! You'll be at that 5% goal in no time!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

I had my 1st weigh in .... lost 6.2lbs!!!

So far I'm liking WS, especially if I continue to be a looser!! My only complaint is that the starter kit doesn't come with enough night time "meal supplement" snacks? The only one's in the kit are the chocolate pudding with marshmellows or I think you can have the veggie joe but that just seems odd to me? I wish they would take one of the "chicken" meals out and put something else for the night snack.

I am following the 1200cal plan and having the extra stuff (starches for breakfast/dinner and fruit) but if I don't see the #'s I want to see I might cut out the starches. Right now I am also eating more carb type veggies for supper but plan on cutting that out as soon as I finish what I have at home.

Good luck to everyone else!! Hope you have a good "skinny" weekend!!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations to all who has stayed w/their plan, weightloss or NOT!!!! Way to Go!

I just ordered a TON of stuff!! Got some diff. soups, a corn chowder too! Oatmeal & blueberry pancakes. Now I'll have more variety.

I've had a good week! Today I had peanut butter toast:-) 1/2 of a 100 cal. sandwich bun & 1/2T pnut butter.
Closed Thread