Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #31  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by only2perfect View Post
I believe they only come in your next shipment, unless you call them. Just make sure you are logging your weight on the Nutrisystem site. My sister is also doing the program, but hadn't logged her weight, so she has to wait another month to get hers.
Thanks!
shenanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 216/152/145

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone!! I've been on NS since June 21st, and have lost 56 lbs!! I love the plan!! It is the first diet that I can honestly say has helped me learn to make better food choices long term. I eat more fresh fruits and veggies now than I ever did before. There are some of the foods which are not to my liking, but I just customize my order to include only my favorites. And most of the items can be doctored up a bit with spices, hot sauces, garlic, etc.

I really believe in this program, and hope we can all have great success!!

Last edited by MelodyAngel; 01-31-2010 at 04:03 AM.
MelodyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #33  
Shannon

Default derailed!

Well, I was doing so well! But over the weekend we had a dinner party and I blew it-BIGTIME!
I gained 1.5. It is taking me so long to get rid of that darned 1.5! Plus, I have to be out of town 3 Saturdays in row starting this weekend. I am just not good with will power when I am out at the bars with my girlfriends. Has anyone had to go "off plan" 3 saturdays in a row (or the equivalent?) I am worried that my weight loss will just go away and I will gain it all back. Realistically, I cannot stay on any diet for 28 days without a little bit of off-plan eating, but I am really worried.

On a better notw, I am feeling my clothes are already looser after just 2 weeks! So maybe I am losing inches over pounds. I can only hope. Sorry, just needed to vent!

Have a great afternoon!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 215/199/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Well, I was doing so well! But over the weekend we had a dinner party and I blew it-BIGTIME!
I gained 1.5. It is taking me so long to get rid of that darned 1.5! Plus, I have to be out of town 3 Saturdays in row starting this weekend. I am just not good with will power when I am out at the bars with my girlfriends. Has anyone had to go "off plan" 3 saturdays in a row (or the equivalent?) I am worried that my weight loss will just go away and I will gain it all back. Realistically, I cannot stay on any diet for 28 days without a little bit of off-plan eating, but I am really worried.

On a better notw, I am feeling my clothes are already looser after just 2 weeks! So maybe I am losing inches over pounds. I can only hope. Sorry, just needed to vent!

Have a great afternoon!
I feel you on the weekend "screw up". I use the flex but went to visit the boyfriend in California and eating out destroyed my weight loss! It's so difficult keeping portion control when you're watching guys devour theirs. I'll be turning into a gym rat for this week to put a dent in the damage before my next weigh in! As far as the Saturdays go, I'd just try and eat similar foods that you'd normally eat as "add ins", like fruits and vegetables and some low fat cheese and yogurt and just try to order as healthily as possible from restaurants I've found that if I know I"m going to be eating out, checking menus online can help me get an idea of what to order without going completely crazy.
only2perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #35  
Shannon

Thanks Leah! It really is hard!
What is the flex program?
How long have ou been on NS? I am pretty sure I am going to order a 2nd month. This keeps me focused and even if I have a few days where I cannot be on plan, it is easy to get back on with no prep! No cooking! woo hoo!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #36  
Shannon

Quote:
I feel you on the weekend "screw up". I use the flex but went to visit the boyfriend in California and eating out destroyed my weight loss! It's so difficult keeping portion control when you're watching guys devour theirs. I'll be turning into a gym rat for this week to put a dent in the damage before my next weigh in! As far as the Saturdays go, I'd just try and eat similar foods that you'd normally eat as "add ins", like fruits and vegetables and some low fat cheese and yogurt and just try to order as healthily as possible from restaurants I've found that if I know I"m going to be eating out, checking menus online can help me get an idea of what to order without going completely crazy.
Leah,
Do you like the flex plan? I looked it up.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #37  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Wow MelodyAngel thats awesome!!!!! Congrats on the weight loss!

shenanigan, I think its normal to kinda "cheat" once and a while. True, the more you stay on track, the easier and faster you will lose weight. You said your clothes are feeling looser and you said you were exercising so maybe you are toning some muscles? Don't worry about the slip ups just as long as you get back on track. The worst part about slip ups are not getting back track and sticking to not eating healthy. I've been kinda off track because of my hectic class schedule the past 2 weeks and I've maintained my weight. I am still trying to work somehow a healthy lunch and snacks into my schedule so I can lose weight again.

Anyone have some tips for foods that will make you stomach stop growling? I eat breakfast around 8:15 (usually cereal, yogurt, and fruit) and by 10:30 my stomach starts to growl and I'm in class and its embarrassing. So I've been eating granola bars which kinda help but they aren't really part of the NS diet. Any tips for stoping your stomach from making noise?
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

I was on NS a few years ago and did quite well, lost 80lbs in about 10 months. Then got pregnant and gained about 40 of those lbs back. I tried going back on NS to loose those lbs but I find it hard cause I keep thinking that I am on maintenance and it's ok if I cheat here and there. Needless to say I am very good at maintaining!! I thought I would share a website with you that had some interesting recipes, some of you might already know about it.

christinagray.19.forumer.com/

plussizenow.com/ns/
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 238/230/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! I've been doing NS about two weeks now. I started with some friends at work. I have to say I'm pleased with NS. I think I'll probably do another month too since I'm pleased with my results.
I wish you all great luck on this journey! I'm happy to find a program that works for my daily schedule and keeps me motivated.
I think one key to remember with any life change to lose weight is that we should be eating to live, not living to eat.
Eating for comfort and pleasure is what gets us in trouble. Not saying we should accept foods that taste terrible. But just refocusing that relationship with food!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
CawScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #40  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkFreak117 View Post
Wow MelodyAngel thats awesome!!!!! Congrats on the weight loss!

shenanigan, I think its normal to kinda "cheat" once and a while. True, the more you stay on track, the easier and faster you will lose weight. You said your clothes are feeling looser and you said you were exercising so maybe you are toning some muscles? Don't worry about the slip ups just as long as you get back on track. The worst part about slip ups are not getting back track and sticking to not eating healthy. I've been kinda off track because of my hectic class schedule the past 2 weeks and I've maintained my weight. I am still trying to work somehow a healthy lunch and snacks into my schedule so I can lose weight again.

Anyone have some tips for foods that will make you stomach stop growling? I eat breakfast around 8:15 (usually cereal, yogurt, and fruit) and by 10:30 my stomach starts to growl and I'm in class and its embarrassing. So I've been eating granola bars which kinda help but they aren't really part of the NS diet. Any tips for stoping your stomach from making noise?
My tummy does the same thing! I find that if I drink a diet soda, it helps. But not for long! LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'6"

Default additional foods?

What foods do you add with NS meals - veggies, fruits, salads, etc.

Thanks!
hacamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 215/199/155

Quote:
Thanks Leah! It really is hard!
What is the flex program?
How long have ou been on NS? I am pretty sure I am going to order a 2nd month. This keeps me focused and even if I have a few days where I cannot be on plan, it is easy to get back on with no prep! No cooking! woo hoo!
I really enjoy the Flex Plan, mainly just because I'm one of those people that goes out to eat with friends, and do not want to completely give that up. However, during the week, I'm strict about staying on plan. Which is easy for me because Nutrisystem makes cooking non-existent (I don't like to cook at all!) I've found that my weight loss has still continued. I try to eat sensibly on the weekends, but let myself splurge quite a bit. I think it actually helps that my calories are slightly higher, so that my body doesn't get used to the same calories every day. I started on January 6th and so just started my second shipment. I've had some extra motivation to continue with Nutrisystem to try an slim down some more before a cruise in May.
only2perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #43  
Shannon

Quote:
I really enjoy the Flex Plan, mainly just because I'm one of those people that goes out to eat with friends, and do not want to completely give that up. However, during the week, I'm strict about staying on plan. Which is easy for me because Nutrisystem makes cooking non-existent (I don't like to cook at all!) I've found that my weight loss has still continued. I try to eat sensibly on the weekends, but let myself splurge quite a bit. I think it actually helps that my calories are slightly higher, so that my body doesn't get used to the same calories every day. I started on January 6th and so just started my second shipment. I've had some extra motivation to continue with Nutrisystem to try an slim down some more before a cruise in May.
I am going to order the flex plan for my second month. I have too much fun stuff coming up and I need to be realistic as well. You have done really well! I have only lost 7, but I feel lighter than that. SO I guess that is good!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #44  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacamila View Post
What foods do you add with NS meals - veggies, fruits, salads, etc.

Thanks!
Yes, you have to eat 3 fruits each day and a few dairy/protein items. You also have to eat veggies with lunch and dinner. Some of the veggies are unlimited so that makes it easy to fill up!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Yes, you have to eat 3 fruits each day and a few dairy/protein items. You also have to eat veggies with lunch and dinner. Some of the veggies are unlimited so that makes it easy to fill up!
Sounds great! My first order should arrive tomorrow or Friday. I'm anxious to get started and get this weight off. It will be nice to have a flatter stomach. You know it's time to lose whenever it's difficult to bend over and tie your shoes.
hacamila is offline   Reply With Quote