Nutrisystem 2010!

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • I started nutrisystem, lost 6 pounds..and relapsed. I like the program. It is very flexible. Not hard to follow at all. You are learning portion control- and also not to live to EAT but eat to LIVE!

I recommend stocking up on frozen blueberries- they are great to add to anything- cereal, blend in milk to make a smoothie- and just so packed with antioxidants!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    WE CAN DO IT!
  • Awesome Idea!
    Thanks for the pointer regarding the blueberries!

I love them and never thought about that, but great for salads and cereal for sure!

So far, so good. I have dropped off some weight after the first few days! It's working and I am NOT hungry! And learning about portion control. That was my big thing.

I guess every diet has its pros and cons, but I have a problem with portion control. I have eaten in the past to fill a void, and then it seems to become a physical dependence on food after a point.

The food on NutriSystem is ok, some are better than others....but I am not hungry!

I wish everyone well...

BTW, a little Pam and fresh asparagus or mushrooms that are sauteed, AWESOME...A little salt as well. So good!
  • 12 pound loss in my first week on NS!
    Well, I just ended my first week on NS - and my official total weight loss was 12 pounds! Twelve! I just couldn't believe it.

Can't tell you how motivational that is!
  • In one week!? Wow, that's pretty impressive. Definitely motivating for anyone wanting to get involved. Just don't get discouraged if the amount of weight you lose begins to decrease, because they closer you are are to your goal the harder it will be. But with your enthusiasm, I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Is anyone still here?
  • I check in here on occasion.No one has been posting about NS for awhile.I started June16th.Down 9 pounds and would have been more if I was 100% on plan.
    Lynn
  • I got the food on Ebay- enough for five weeks for two weeks costs thru NS so I am on NS for the next 4 week at least... some of the food (and I am using the word food loosely) is simply inedible And lets fact it, the reason I weighed 288 pound is because there is very little that I won't eat!

I suspect that the actualy reason this plan works it that the meals actually give people an adversion to food.

I will continue for the 4-5 weeks but to accomplish this am thinking that I might need to replace all the add water "lunch selections" with something equvilant from the grocery.

I am new here and hope coming here will keep me honest. For new I guess I will continue to explore the site, get to know a few of you and try to make a couple of posts per day, though I am not exactly sure about what!
  • I just discovered this site. I'm on Nutrisystem and have lost 20 pounds or a little over a pound a week. The key to NS is choosing the foods you like, following the menu planner and learning to eat healthy. This is my second time using NS. I had previously used it and lost 35 pounds but decided to quit as I was using the standard foods without choice which I got via the Weekends Off or flex program from QVC.

I decided to begin the program again after a two year period but used the Costco card which I purchased for $244 for 35 days of customized food, at which time I signed up for auto delivery. I use the 35 days over a two month period so it averages out to $130 a month for NS foods.

Customizing the food choices is a key to liking the program. Just as you don't like all entrees in a restaurant, you won't like all NS entrees.

As I said, I am using NS and have been using the very active forums at the Nutrisystem website. We have people there who are using the principles of NS but using their own foods, as well as those who use NS primarily. There are people posting there who have lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off. Their secret is that they learned portion control and healthy eating habits, as well as how to incorporate reasonable exercise.
  • I just found this forum and thought I would tell my story in regards to Nutrisystem.

I started using Nutrisystem products in January 2010. I lost 43 lbs in a period of 6 months. That's good progress. However, after eating the pre-packaged food entrees for 6 months, I had enough. I missed "real" food.

I had lost weight previously with weight watchers, so I decided to give it a try again. I lost 4 lbs in a period of about 7 weeks. I found that I wasn't adhering to measuring all portions as I should have. I also found that weeks when I did stick to the eating plan, I lost very little weight, if any at all. I felt like I was on a plateau. I disliked having to weigh and measure everything that went into my mouth or look up the fat/carb/calorie counts.

In mid-July I attended a network marketing summit in Las Vegas. It is there that my husband and I were introduced to a company called ********. We learned about the health benefits of nutritional cleansing and sampled the products. It was there that we both signed up and ordered our first 30 day cleansing systems.

I feel SO GOOD! No only did I lose 17 pounds in 30 days, but my energy level has skyrocketed. I sleep better (more soundly) and my body has transformed. I lost 24 inches so far over all. That's 1 inch off each upper arm, 3 inches off my chest, 2 inches from my waist, 3 inches from my buttocks, 2 1/2 inches off each upper thigh, and more. The fat is disappearing and in its place is lean muscle. WOW!

I snack on dark chocolates called Isadelights. I drink chocolate and vanilla shakes. And, I eat real food. I found that my cravings for "bad" food have disappeared. I reduced my coffee intake from 6 cups daily to an occasional cup on the weekend.

The best thing about ******** is that it is organic and natural. No supplements. It's not a diet, but a change in lifestyle. When you give the body what it needs, you don't crave the things that hurt it.

Anyway...yes, Nutrisystem worked for me. However, you have to stop eating it sometime. Then what? I found the best solution for me.
  • How funny that one can't mention a certain product name in posts but can talk about large companies like Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Slimfast, etc. Oh well.
  • The Nutrisystem site has discussion boards.I went there before I decided to try it.I got a ton of recipes and suggestions for making the food more tasty.It has worked 90% of the time,I like most everything.When you doctor the meals up you would not believe how big the servings are.I can honestly say I have not been hungry at all.
    Another good thing abiout their site is there is a trade thread.You can buy the food for reasonable prices.I found with ebay that alot of the time you were actually paying more for the food than you would buying from the company.I have seen a lot of complaints about outdated food as well.Many are having success on craigslist.
    I have only lost 9 pounds this summer but I confess after a few weeks I started cheating.I had company etc.Poor excuse really.I go on vacation next week when I come back it will be OP all the time and I am going to start working out.I need to lose 40 pounds so I will better.
    Lynn
  • The people on the NutriSystem boards actually created a wiki for all their recipes, etc. If you are a member there, run a search for it and it'll come up. I think it's a stickied thread.
  • Here it is
    http://nutrisystem.wikia.com
  • i had trouble coming off nutrisystem. i don't think its meant to be a way of life, kind of temporary. plus, its hard to figure out proper food sizes in the real world, when you can't have the convenience of microwaved food
  • i just ordered my first month of nutrisystem! i am very excited to be joining this thread. i will be starting a blog (mostly for my own use) to rate the food and talk about doctoring up the food (something i did quite often when i was on medifast, and something that seems popular amongst the NS community). can't wait till it gets here....