Nutrisystem 2010!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • HI All,

I am considering trying NS... I am nervous as I have been through sooooo many diets...the only ones I have not tried is NS and JC. My last attempt at weight loss was about 5 months ago, I did a meal replacement diet *barf* I wish to just go back to being thinner... after so many year of weight gain due to PCOS and borderline diabetes, I am just so scared to risk something again.

All of you are doing so well, I really admire you... is this worth the risk?

<3
  • Quote: HI All,

I am considering trying NS... I am nervous as I have been through sooooo many diets...the only ones I have not tried is NS and JC. My last attempt at weight loss was about 5 months ago, I did a meal replacement diet *barf* I wish to just go back to being thinner... after so many year of weight gain due to PCOS and borderline diabetes, I am just so scared to risk something again.

All of you are doing so well, I really admire you... is this worth the risk?

<3
    I really do recommend trying Nutrisystem. I have always been one of those people that has issues with sticking to any form of an eating program. The only reason I've managed to keep my weight in check in any form prior to Nutrisystem was because I was also a runner. I have found that I am able to stick on the Nutrisystem pretty easily, but it may be due to my lifestyle and living alone. Everyone's different, and yes, there are a lot of people who have tried Nutrisystem and hated it. But most people can't deny that if you are able to stick with it, you do lose the weight. I'm about to the end of my 2nd shipment and am still fine with the food and sticking on plan (most of the time!)
  • need willpower!
    I did so well my first 3 weeks and since then I have spent the last week binging. I am in desperate need of some willpower. I am just not in the right mind set and I do not know why! I have been off of it enough that I have about a week left, instead of 2 days! SO I am going to order another shipment, but I just need some motivation to climb back on that horse!'

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • This afternoon I received my first NS order. I will begin the plan in the morning. I am SO determined to get this weight off! I got my first grandchild in December and another one that should arrive in June. I want to be around for them for a LONG time and also be able to play with them without being exhausted and overweight.

What vegetables did you supplement your plan with? Did you eat any bread at all?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
  • Quote: This afternoon I received my first NS order. I will begin the plan in the morning. I am SO determined to get this weight off! I got my first grandchild in December and another one that should arrive in June. I want to be around for them for a LONG time and also be able to play with them without being exhausted and overweight.

What vegetables did you supplement your plan with? Did you eat any bread at all?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    I eat a big salad with each lunch/dinner or I eat 1/2 a package of broc or cauli steamers with Mrs. Dash. I do not eat any extra bread. There is a little booklet that tells you everything. It took me a few days to get it straight but once you do it is pretty easy. You do have to eat 3 fruit servings per day!
  • Well - I did it - I ordered it and it came after like 2 days! It was so quick! I expected 5 dayss @ least! Also found out I can order NS from US a la carte with the US price... or go on auto ship and get the same deal (US $) but still good to know there are options!

Well.... here's to hoping - reading up and getting organized this w/e... Monday, Feb 22nd - hello the rest of my life... after all that we have been thru, it is almost like it is my last chance!

EEEK!
  • I'm disappointed!
    5 days on the plan and I haven't lost a lb. I'm very disappointed!
  • Taking the Plunge
    It's my turn now. Just signed up for NutriSystem Select this evening. Was disgusted that I have gained 20 pounds in 3 years - essentially since I gave birth to my son.

Really got fed up at my physical and my BP wasn't so bad, but compared to my Dad who is 70, it was 20 points higher! So, yeah, it's time to lose the total of 60 or 70 pounds.

I picked out all the meals and am glad to hear the scones are tasty. THis will be hard for me because I always go out to eat and when I do cook, I am a very good in the kitchen.

The pointers about adding seasoning is good to know. Can't live without fresh basil, cilantro, garlic, etc....

Food is so good and it is sooo unfair that we can't eat to our heart's content!

My problem isn't so much I eat bad food...I just like to eat too much of it :-).

This is encouraging! I look forward to seeing how all of you do on this thingie!
  • I just took a huge leap of faith and ordered. It isn't cheap, but I figured on the flex plan, $50+ a week isn't too bad, especially if it helps me take control. I don't usually binge eat, but my dinner portions tend to be too big, I think, and I don't always eat the right things. I'm hoping having it planned out for me will help me come to grips with exactly what I'm eating.

Does anyone have tips on the fruit and veggies to stock up on, so as not to get too expensive? I like almost any veggie and fruit, and tend to like picking (cucumber slices, pepper slices, etc.).
  • I will be on day 10 tomorrow.... @ day 7 I did a weigh in... lost 7 lbs
  • I have FINALLY lost 2 lbs. I must be doing something wrong because the weight is not coming off as I had expected!
  • Congrats to all the new starters!! My best advice is to follow the booklet, and eat all the meals and add-ins...don't skip anything! You should be eating 5-6 times a day. Stock up on veggies, especially salad stuff, and fruits as well. FF/LF Yogurt and string cheese for your dairy serving. Oh, and get your water in! At least 64 oz. minimum.
  • Oh, and I forgot to mention...take a good multivitamin too!
  • I did a sneak weigh in yesterday, and was down 2 more lbs, but then I went out for dinner.. and I gained a lb LOL so when I had my official weigh in, I had to record a 1 lb loss.... in any case, it is a LOSS

I need to get my water intake up as well as I am @ 5 glasses a day.

I take a great multivit that I had left over from travel, it is a prebiotic one, helps keep your stomach strong too, but I have to get a new one since that one is almost out.

I hope you are all doing well - Hacamilla, I am sorry you are having such a hard time... are you writing everything down and pre-planning? That is really helping me!
  • Well, I am on DAY ONE! So far, so good. I have to admit, right when my tummy growls, it is time to eat. I ate about 40 calories of asparagus cooked with some Pam cooking spray and it was good - that was my big veggie for the lunch....and I put a little bit of butter that counted for a fat on it. Food isn't so bad. So long as I keep full and not hungry....and the thing I look forward to is my body not going into the DT (detox shake) and the whole mood swings associated with that...hoping keeping that glycemic index level will help with that.

I wish everyone well!!!!!