Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #16  

lol sorry about typos..my notebook is not working and I'm using our desktop..the keyboard is slanted and I am making spelling errors and typos..lol..Lynn
Lynnwants2bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/199/155

Height: 5'7

This is day 4 for me, and I admit that after reading a lot of reviews about how terrible the foods tastes, I was rather impressed with how much I like it. Granted, there are some exceptions, but I think some of the meals are pretty tasty. This may also be due to the fact that I do not really cook at all, so I'm used to the "heat and eat" type of meals. Losing about 4 pounds this week definitely helps with my motivation with sticking with this!
only2perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #18  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Congrats Leah!! I didn't lose any weight yet because I didn't eat NS meals Saturday & Sunday, which I probably shouldn't do anymore. But I am back on track today and happy about it! So good luck to everyone this week.

lol I recruited my dad to NS so hopefully it will be easier with both of us doing it!
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #19  

I definitely know the feeling of having trouble on Saturday and Sunday. I luckily managed to stick with very healthy options when eating out, but had to do some frantic menu searching to do so and had a lot of difficulty in trying to watch my portions. I like the flex plan, but wonder if maybe I should try the 7 days and then just if necessary add in a healthy(ish) dine out meal when necessary.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #20  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Day one...lol...and I've decided that I hate the scrambled eggs. Holy mother of gd...I've never tasted anything so not-egg-like. Good thing I only have two of those, I'll only have to choke down one more.
My mom was on NS during the fall and fell off the wagon so she cleaned out her pantry and gave me about 9 days worth of food. I'll see if this is something I want to do by following the diet for the nine days and if I like it and its effective I'll order more...but...the eggs are the only thing I've had so far and I'm not impressed. Anyone else hate the eggs?
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #21  
Tink is on The Beach

I wasn't a big fan of the eggs either. they reminded me of the egg substitues which I could buy for A LOT cheaper. Plus, I enjoy having some carbs for breakfast and if I have the eggs then theres not carbs for me =(

I'm also not a big fan of the blueberry muffins. I really like the cereals though!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #22  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

I'm going to try the oatmeal tomorrow morning, has anybody used soy milk instead of the prescribed cows milk?
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #23  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Mango

Yes, I cook it up with water and use the 1/2 cup soymilk as a topper.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #24  

Thumbs up I'm new ,too

Hey, this is a great idea. I just started on NS on Jan. 10. five days on and two days off plan. And..(tah dah) I have lost three pounds. I like everything except the meatloaf and I am expecting a bit of trouble with the pea soup. (ick). My name is Dinah and I am very happy to be here. 1/18
Txskinny2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #25  
Tink is on The Beach

Welcome!! Hope everyone is doing well. I've been kinda half-@$$ing this things which kinda bummed me out but I hoped on the scale this morning after 2 weeks of "dieting" and I lost 5 lbs which I am happy about =) I think thats motivation to keep trying. It also made me realize even if you cheat a little or mess up you can still get back on track and lose weight. So there is proof ladies if you "mess up" a little you can still lose weight =)

I'm a full time student and I just started classes yesterday and I am trying to see what I can do about lunch. I have 6 classes in a row with less than a 10 min break between them (which I have to walk to the class as well) and I'm not sure what to do about lunch? A lot of the lunches you need hot water and a microwave. Any good substitutes or ideas? Thanks!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #26  
Shannon

Hi Everyone!

I ahve been on this site before as a Metabolic research Center user. I was absolutely miserable doing that one. I have been on every weight loss program imaginable and LOVE NS! I have been on it for a week and lost 7 pounds! I have been faithful for the entire week. The only "cheat" I may have is my creamer in my coffee, but as long as the scale is moving the right direction, I am happy! Also, I do Jazzercise 3-4 times a week and that burns 400-600 calories per session. So I think I am doing everything right.

Like others, I only ordered one month to see if I liked it. I chose all of my own foods. I agree the bars are not enough in the morning to fill me up. I love the scones! BIG! TASTY!

Anyway, I am a teacher and need to go to class. Hope everyone has a great day!
shenanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #27  

I'm now on my second shipment of Nutrisystem, and definitely am loving it. It's one of the few plans that I've managed to stick on for longer than a week. I was SOO happy to get my 10 pound Nutribear in today's shipment and was completely surprised. Definitely gave me the motivation I needed to try and take off another 10 pounds. I feel so ridiculous getting so excited for a plush bear, but it's nice when your hard work gets recognized!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #28  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by only2perfect View Post
I'm now on my second shipment of Nutrisystem, and definitely am loving it. It's one of the few plans that I've managed to stick on for longer than a week. I was SOO happy to get my 10 pound Nutribear in today's shipment and was completely surprised. Definitely gave me the motivation I needed to try and take off another 10 pounds. I feel so ridiculous getting so excited for a plush bear, but it's nice when your hard work gets recognized!
I wondered what the bears were! I hope I get one soon! Do they only come in your shipments? Congrats to you!
shenanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #29  

NS is a great system and it does really work. I broke my foot 3 years ago and had just ordered NS. Even though I was laid up for a couple of months I lost weight easily. The key is to add plenty of vegetables to those meals. It was almost too hard to eat all the food because of the large amounts of veggies. I can't afford NS right now but am trying to emulate the program with a lot of home made low calorie/nutrient dense meals. So far I have lost 10 pounds since Thanksgiving and I feel great.
JJCaraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I wondered what the bears were! I hope I get one soon! Do they only come in your shipments? Congrats to you!
I believe they only come in your next shipment, unless you call them. Just make sure you are logging your weight on the Nutrisystem site. My sister is also doing the program, but hadn't logged her weight, so she has to wait another month to get hers.