3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

New Lifestyle Diet

Old 05-27-2010, 05:48 AM   #16

S/C/G: 200/250/170

Height: 5'6"

I tried to start NLD on Tuesday. I have decided to put it off until Tuesday of next week though because we're going on a last minute trip this weekend with friends. As much as I'd like to say I won't cheat this weekend, I know I will. I'm going to try to make smart choices but I know that it's not smart for me to try to start NLD - it would be a waste of the money I spent on the program.

But - I did try to do it all day this past Tuesday. I was SOOOOO hungry! I really didn't expect that. I came home from work and ate grilled salmon and veggies. I ended up eating a few other things here at home just because I was ravenous.

Any suggestions for hunger associated with this plan? Will it go away?

Thanks,
Suzy
Old 05-27-2010, 05:50 AM   #17

S/C/G: 200/250/170

Height: 5'6"

I saw in another thread (Metabolic Research Center) that some people buy supplements from DietDirect (WonderSlim website) instead of at their MRC centers. Are some of these perhaps appetite suppressants? Has anybody here ordered supplements from DietDirect.com?

Suzy
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #18

S/C/G: SW 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5.4.5

If I understand correctly and this is similar to medifast/ wonderslim, the first 3ish days are going to suck while your body moves from glucose as its fuel to fat (moving into ketosis). Try sipping some low sodium boullion, hot tea etc.
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #19
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm on day two of the NLD and definitely hungry. I have five shakes a day (which are quite tasty actually) and one meal of 8 oz lean protein and 2 cups of veggies. I definitely look forward to that meal! My counselor said in the first few days until your body adjusts, if you are hungry and need it, have an extra shake, even if your last one was an hour ago. I made it through yesterday without going that route. I'm taking it one day at a time and quite enjoying the taste of the shakes thus far.

Starting weight 238, current weight 218, goal weight 130.

fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.