3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Can someone give me an estimate of how much Jenny Craig costs per month without....

Old 09-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #1

Default Can someone give me an estimate of how much Jenny Craig costs per month without....

Can someone give me an estimate of how much Jenny Craig costs per month without getting their breakfast and desserts ? I would just get the lunch and dinners only. The reason why I ask is because I was thinking of maybe joining them but I don't have a lot of money. I am not working since I had a baby so every dollar counts. I thought about doing my own diets but it's not structured and I know I won't do it healthy.

I just wanted to get a rough idea of how much it is.

thanks so much!

Last edited by snowflakes : 09-19-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: corrected spelling lol
snowflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #2

Wow, ok. 74 people read and no replies.

I called jenny craig and they won't give me any prices over the phone.

I didn't think getting a rough estimate was such a secret. No one wants to help, lol
Old 09-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #3

Height: 5'11"

There are a lot of people (like me) who aren't on Jenny Craig but are curious about your post. We cannot possibly answer your question, so it's not that "no one wants to help", it's that people probably don't know.

Short-Term Goal

One dancer for each 5 lbs lost!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
There are a lot of people (like me) who aren't on Jenny Craig but are curious about your post. We cannot possibly answer your question, so it's not that "no one wants to help", it's that people probably don't know.
+1....I agree--it's a great question, I would like to know the answer also lol

155: Accesories
145: Purse
135: Shirts
125: Pants & Victoria Secret!!!

LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Try posting your question over on the JC forum - the JC folk can probably help you.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:42 AM   #6

It's actually very simple. Just call Jenny Craig and ask them for a price list to be either mailed to you or emailed to you. I have done this a few times over the years and they have never had a problem with it although you may get a little trouble from certain JC reps (mainly because they do not love people knowing how much they overcharge us for meals and snacks). Jenny Craig never itemizes anything that you purchase giving you a total only. I was friends with a counselor when I lived out of state and she even admitted they don't like to have people see it, but if the person insists or requests it, they will mail it out or email it to you like they did me just last year as an attachment in PDF form. Especially if they think you are about to sign up and need that first.

That way you can simply pick and choose the meals you want or don't want and know exactly what the total will be. Let them know that for economic reasons you need a list in advance of placing your order. You should not need to give them more than that and let them supply you with one. Problem solved.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by Lisa1978 : 09-20-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Lisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #7

I was a member a little over a year ago, so the price list I have is now outdated - but I would estimate that for just lunches and dinners, it would run you at least $300 a month. I am sure they have raised prices since I last bought food, but the average dinner was about $6.39 and the average lunch was around $5.00. If you buy only shelf stable foods, it is cheaper, but the frozen entrees are a lot tastier. Just be prepared - they will pressure you like crazy to buy everything they offer (at least that was my experience). Most of the food is really good, but it is expensive.

Laelle
Laelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #8

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Yay you got an answer from Laelle! I also wanted to know the answer to your question Snowflakes, so thanks for replying the answer Laelle =) and thankyou Snowflakes for posting the question =) blah.. I sound confusing..anyways HI everyone and hope your guys day is going well

Last edited by cheerios : 09-20-2009 at 05:02 AM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #9

Oh, thanks so much everyone!

Laelle, thank you so much for that reply! That's a rough estimate I was looking for.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #10

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

I do the whole plan and spend about $120 per week. They may or may not let you just do lunches and dinners to start. There is typically a planned week created by a registered dietician you have to purchase on a weekly basis until you lose half your intended weight. Once you lose half you can start doing meals on your own, they teach you the exchanges. Breakfasts are typically $1.50-3.00 a meal, lunches typically $3.00-5.00 a meal, dinners typically $5.00-6.99 per meal, snacks typically $1.99 (you only get 1 snack per day so that saves money)

In addition to breakfasts, lunches and dinners they get you on other things. Anytime bars are $10 a box and they strongly suggest you eat one each day for a milk serving. Also, salad dressing, pancake syrup etc. that's extra. Soupitizers are also suggested for each dinner (I do purchase these from time to time to help me stay full)

It is expensive, but it works. I love having a personal consultant, I love that each week she talks about ME and my struggles and calls me half way through the week to check on me. The food is delicious too. Not something I could do for years and years on end, but definitely the kick in the rear I really needed to get back motivated.

Please feel free to ask any other questions, I am looking for other people on Jenny to keep me motivated

nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #11

I should clarify - the prices I gave from about a year ago were the average lunch and dinner prices for the frozen entrees - I ordered those 90% of the time because I thought they tasted a lot better. As nineoceansaway stated, the prices are less on average if you include the shelf stable meals.

It definitely isn't cheap, but if you can afford it and want a diet plan that includes the food, it is pretty easy to stick with since it makes meal preparation super easy and is tasty. You just have to be prepared for the sales pitch and stick to your guns about what you want and need.

Laelle
Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #12

I just noticed that in the post about 4 subjects below this one titled "can't find an answer" someone lists all the food prices at their center. That should help a lot!

Laelle
Old 09-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #13

wow, thanks so much Laelle and nineoceansaway! That was very helpful!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
waisting away

S/C/G: too much/ticker/healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I am doing a one week trial of the program and it cost me $122 this week in food, and I tried to save money where I could. I will give you a range of actual prices that I paid for each type of meal.

Breakfast: 2.30 (cereal) - 5.29 (french toast) I would reccomend buying your own cereal and minding portion control. This was too expensive for single portions.

Lunch: Soups 5.25, 4.79 (stuffed potato)- 5.79(beef chow mein) Mind that you will need to supplement a salad with these or you will be hungry.

Snack/ Desert: all snacks cookies and bars are 2.25, Cakes and cheesecakes are 2.89

Anytime bars: I do not get these you need to eat a yogurt and vitamin instead

Dinner:Cheapest 5.79 ( Cheese ravioli, lentils with beef, pizza), Most expensive 6.89 (chicken carbonara, chicken fajitas, spaghetti w/ meatballs, lasagna, potstickers)

Due to the cost I will not continue after this trial week. An alternative to this is Lean Cuisine has a meal planner on their website. You could plan these preportioned meals to get a similar outcome.

Extra: Syrups and dressings are .79 each. Just buy these FF or Low Cal at the store instead

"Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future."
Lose 5 lbs 13 times: lllll lllll lll
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
waisting away

S/C/G: too much/ticker/healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Oh, and I did NOT find the shelf stable meals to be less expensive. For example, the Rotini with Meatballs is a great lunch, but it is also one of the most expensive and it is shelf stable. Another example is the broccoli and cheese potato is not shelf stable, but was the least expensive lunch I bought.

"Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future."
Lose 5 lbs 13 times: lllll lllll lll
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.