3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Bistro Buddies?

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #46

Height: 5'11"

Glad to hear from both of you! I started Bistro MD in September and remained on it through March. I dropped the breakfasts & snacks after the first month. I didn't care for the breakfasts very much. After a while I became a bit disappointed in the lack of variety, but I stuck with it and have lost quite a bit of weight. It just got monotonous.

I just switched to Healthy Chef Creations. These are fresh meals, not frozen, and are organic. I am also considering getting "the box" from Rawology. I still have some Bistro meals in the freezer for back-up. I'll report soon on Healthy Chef . I may end up switching back and forth between the two.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #47

S/C/G: 180/174.4/140

Height: 5"1

Today I called and gave Bistro a list of the meals that i didn't care for and ask them to not send those anymore. I know I can be a picky eater so I hope that I will be able to stick with this.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #48

Hi all, would anyone who gets the Bistro or Biggest Loser plan without the breakfasts be willing to indicate whether there's a discount for leaving off the breakfasts? Thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weightloss View Post
Today I called and gave Bistro a list of the meals that i didn't care for and ask them to not send those anymore. I know I can be a picky eater so I hope that I will be able to stick with this.
At least they did allow you to cancel out all the stuff you don't like. Hopefully you at least left a nice variety for yourself not to get bored.

Last edited by FattyFatFat : 05-12-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #50

Smile

I am editing my original post because I just got all my questions answered by Darlene who was a total doll and extremely helpful! Yay I finally understand what the difference is between the two plans. I am going to stay with BLMP and save some money! I love this food! It's so clean tasting and yummy. I think this is the kind of food I could really stick with long term as well. Very pleased so far.

Last edited by Lisa1978 : 05-20-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #51

Wow this is such a bummer seeing this thread so dead.

I thought I would share anyway and just throw out what I have experienced so far on this program. I remember the Bistro threads used to be hopping! Wow!

I have to say that I have done Jenny, Diet To Go, Medifast, Slimfast and Pure Foods and this is by far the best. I am really taken aback by the quality of food here. I am on my second week and can't get over these dishes! They are so classy and beautifully put together like something you would find in a 4 star restaurant! The chicken is of the highest quality and the clean feel and taste of this food is something I am not used to with meal delivery. Everything is so gourmet and so high end. The thing that makes it so amazing for me is that I am not hungry on this plan! Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's been several hours and I had better get in dinner or lunch. Never had that before! Now I did have one rough day, but that was because I had two chocolate biscotti's for a snack and it spiked my blood sugar and left me hungrier than before. I'm learning not to ever have anything that is pure sugar or pure carb without some added protein to keep myself balanced.

I love how filling this food is! Huge portions of delicious, decadent food! I haven't found one yet that I didn't at least like if not out and out loved (knock on wood). You don't feel like you are dieting. It feels like I am being catered to by a fancy restaurant. I am very pleased thus far. Since I pretty much learned that they are doing the same rotations for BLMP and Bistro now, I am of course doing BLMP to save money. It's $690.00 a month without snacks (can't have all that soy) so that's not really too much more than Jenny or Diet To Go for me. I am buying string cheese, nuts and sugar free hot cocoa as my snacks for now. I also drink Powerade Zero when I need something ice cold and fruity.

I also like the packaging. They put every meal into a sturdy sleeve so that they don't knock each other and tear during shipping. They are tightly packed together in a well insulated cooler with dry ice (I would never order food from anyone that didn't use dry ice and ships ground). No thank you! It's been really hot here for the past few days so I was worried about today's delivery, but everything was frozen solid.

The only thing I would change is that I wish they used whey as their protein instead of soy which is a no no for me. I see it in many of the dishes, but as long as it's small amounts, I am probably OK.

I've lost 4 pounds so far this week. Off to a good start!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #52

S/C/G: 300/263/190

Height: 5'9"

Smile New to 3FC and new to BistroMD

Hi all - I'm new to this site (I've been here before to read the reviews and such but had never checked out the forums) and thought it might be a good place to get some support. I just joined BistroMD, placed my order yesterday so expecting my first shipment next week I guess. I'm looking forward to trying it!
Any tips for my first week? I've got a lot of weight to lose (would like to lose about 120 lbs) and will definitely be exercising, although I don't currently exercise regularly so will have to ease into it a bit. I'd love to hear any recent experiences with BistroMD, it looks like a lot of the posts in this thread are kind of old...? Has this diet somehow gone "out of style"?

Caffeinated
Old 05-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #53

I don't know what happened either. I had not checked in for ages, but when I used to come regularly, the Bistro thread was the most active. The only thing I can think of is that it's one of the more expensive plans and times are tough for everybody right now. It's definitely expensive although I think it's absolutely worth it. I know that people were unhappy with the new packaging (trays instead of packets). I have nothing to compare it to because I'm new to the plan and all my meals are in tray form. I love the food! Hopefully more Bistro users will stop by and share.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #54

Talk about a ghost town! Well at the risk of talking to myself, I will share what I can. I am incredibly bowled over by this food. I have done so many meal delivery plans and I guess to really appreciate this one, you really do have to do the rest first like me. I've tried many of them and liked Diet To Go the best (although Jenny has some good stuff too, but the poor selection was wearing me down). I am going on my third week here soon and cannot believe the food I am eating! This blows everything else out there completely away! The quality is incredible. It's so gourmet and yet so clean tasting. Their chicken Fresco was so good last night that I felt like I was eating in a restaurant. The chicken has a real, fluffy fresh Bistro flavor and the Mushroom risotto cake was to die for! Even their breakfasts are getting more interesting. I was so used to Diet To Go using the same ones every week on their low carb plan. With this one, I get new crepes and egg dishes (and OMG their Cinnamon potato pancakes are to die for)!

Not only do I not feel deprived, but I feel very catered to with his food. All the different textures and tastes keep my taste buds alive. Even though the Tilapia is good, it's not my favorite. I would love to see more salmon than Tilapia. The chicken dishes are incredibly yummy. That was one of the reasons I had to stop my DTG orders. I loved a lot of their food, but their chicken and pork all tasted the same. They both have the same seasoning underneath whatever sauce you get and the seasoning was always a little gross to me. Because there were so many chicken and pork dishes, I was getting discouraged because I began to dread them. This chicken tastes flame broiled and is always fluffy and fresh tasting without any strange salty seasoning underneath. I do think Diet To Go has better omelet's, but that's because they use the whole egg.

I've lost almost 8 pounds so far which is very encouraging though I have quite a ways to go.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #55

Smile Day 4 - so far, so good!

Lisa, thanks for your post! I am on Day 4 today and I have to agree, so far the food is really, really good! I definitely do find that I am still hungry, especially in the afternoons, but that's to be expected given the volume of food I was taking in before. It's a big difference. However, I'm hopeful that my body will get used to the difference soon and I'll start to feel more energetic. How long have you been on the program? Did you start noticing any changes after the first week?
I have to say that I much prefer the trays to the other packaging, because I definitely make the lunch meals at work and the trays are much easier for heating in the microwave. Also, no dish washing. :-) I'm currently on the 7 day plan plus snacks - I know it's expensive, but the snacks are really high-protein and I really do think they will make a difference. I'm hopeful that after time, I can slowly start replacing some of the snacks, some of the breakfasts, etc. with cooked food, but I really like the convenience and the taste so far!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #56

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcinea2020 View Post
Hi all, would anyone who gets the Bistro or Biggest Loser plan without the breakfasts be willing to indicate whether there's a discount for leaving off the breakfasts? Thanks.
Hi Dulcinea - I'm new to Bistro MD, but I don't believe that they offer a breakfast-free option - just snack-free (with or without snacks) as well as 7 days a week vs. 5 days a week (you cook for yourself/eat out on weekends) - I did not see a no-breakfast plan. I do, however, know that there are some other plans out there that do have a no-breakfast option.

Hope this helps -

Caffeinated
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #57

I feel the same way about the trays. I just got my first pouch meal and it was a pain. The food tastes delicious to me as is and so much more convenient in a tray. I can't believe how much my food diary helps. It sounds so simple and cliche, but having that is a major tool for me. I bought a small notebook that fits in my purse and is easy to store anywhere. Everything that goes into my mouth is written down daily with the calorie count and time I ate it. It really helps to keep you on track. I look at my allowable calorie intake like a bank (I aim for 1200-1400 per day). I know how many calories I can spend each day. That's one of the reasons I love Bistro so much. The food is so filling and yet it never goes over 350 or 400 calories! You can have three meals and still have a few hundred calories to spend on snacks. That gives me the freedom I need. No matter what you eat, the scientific fact is that you will lose weight based on calories. You can't escape that bit of science. For every 3500 calories less you eat per week, that's a pound you will lose. I used a few online calculators that had me enter my weight, height, activity level and age and it shot out the calories I would need to stay at my current weight. Right now even with my snacks and three meals, I am eating almost 1000 calories less per day to stay at my current weight. I am getting what I want in snacks and meals and honestly don't feel like I am dieting! I really don't feel like I am on a diet.

I can't have the Bistro snacks because of some health issues I have in which Soy is a no no (most of their snacks are high in soy). It actually works out better for me anyway because I like to choose what I feel like within my calorie range. Sometimes I have Cocoa with fat free milk and other times I have a yummy Atkins bar or some Low Carb Cheese snacks made with whey instead of soy.

You can definitely stop the snacks, breakfasts or both. They don't advertise this, but you need only ask them about it and they will tell you what the difference is cost wise. I was surprised because I thought I would save a lot by dropping breakfasts, but what they do is put you on what they call "ala carte Bistro" and the meals are much higher this way. I was surprised to find that it would save me almost nothing so you are sometimes better just staying with the breakfasts. The cost is about the same!

This is my third week and I feel lighter and healthier. I have more energy and am losing weight without feeling like I am dieting. That's new to me because every diet I have ever been on makes me very aware that I am dieting but not with this one. The food is so decadent and delicious! The beef tips in Wine sauce was to die for! Everything is such high quality! I love it! Remember this is not a sprint, but a marathon. It took us a while to gain all of this and losing it will take some time as well. I really think this is the one for me. I see myself staying on this one for a while.

Hope you are having a great week!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #58

Hi Lisa 1978 !

I have enjoyed ready your posts re: Bistro I am trying to find out which plan would work best for me and I am leaning toward Bistro... maybe. I was wondering do you do the Bistro diet plan or BLMP? I read your updated edited posted and it sounds like you are indeed on the BLMP.... what is the difference between the two plans? Are you really enjoying the foods.... as I am not into soy at all I was wondering if there was a lot in the meals itself or just in the snacks?

Thanks for any insight you can send my way !
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #59

Hey PlanB!

Aww thank you for that. Not many of us out here! The Bistro threads used to be the most active too! I have to admit that Bistro blows all of the other plans I've tried away in terms of taste and volume (I just wish it was less expensive). I was thinking of going back to Diet To Go, but I only like the low carb plan and the calories are so high that it leaves no room for snacks (and I hated the chicken and pork there). I was dreading Jenny and didn't know what the heck I was going to do. I just knew that whatever it is that I decided to choose, it would be long term. It's going to take me at least 8-9 months to get to my goal weight. I knew I would not make it that long on any of the others I've already tried.

My bf freaked over the price, but I told him that if it gets the weight off of me, it's worth whatever it costs. Nothing else has really worked. I knew my first week that this was the one. I can feel it. The food is so filling and so unique. It has such a clean taste to it too, which is very appealing to me. Now I can see why certain members would say they were on it for a year or more because the food was so good (they were right)! This is definitely long term food! I also refuse to use any service that ships with regular gel packs instead of dry ice (Jenny, Diet To Go, BLMP and Bistro all use dry ice, however some of the others do not and that can make a HUGE difference in safety issues and shipping hassles). Especially in the hot summer!

I started off on BLMP and switched to Bistro recently. Let me tell you it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer as to what the difference is. I swear to you that I asked three people there that very question and all three had completely different opinions! It was crazy! One would tell me that there really was no difference, but that they offer a discount to Biggest Loser users. It still didn't sound right because I had heard others say you get more choices and more rotations with Bistro. Finally on my third try a woman who had been there for quite some time admitted that there are quite a few dishes available to Bistro members that are not given to BLMP members (why oh why couldn't someone just tell me that the first time yikes). She even named a few that sounded yummy.

In any event, you do get more selection and some of the meals are still packet meals, which I have heard taste better but are not as convenient as the trays. I just pierce mine with a fork and microwave it, but you would need a plate (you could save those for your dinner each day when you are home or use microwaveable paper plates). I also noticed another difference. When I was on BLMP for the first two weeks, my orders left on Wednesday each week. As soon as I switched to Bistro, my orders are now shipped earlier on Tuesday (and again shipped out Tuesday of this week). I called and was told that Bistro members do get priority. Also you do have to be on Bistro if you want to customize your plan (like dropping breakfasts and things like that). I just dropped the breakfasts because they were not my favorite part (although some are really good). I just make a couple of eggs and turkey sausage or have a few lowfat pancakes and make do that way. Small muffins and small bagels do very little to keep me satisfied in the morning and there were a fair amount of those mixed in with the really unique and good breakfasts.

I may add them back at some point, but for now, I am fine on my own for breakfast. Oh and yes, there is soy in many of their foods. I was worried at first, but they don't use enough of it to be a problem however the snacks are loaded to the hilt with pure soy! I had to drop them right away. I also noticed that Jenny used a lot of soy too. I figured if I dropped the breakfasts which had soy and the snacks which are loaded with Soy, I would be fine with the amount in the lunches and dinners. So far so good.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:25 PM   #60

Hi Ya Lisa!

Thanks for such a quick responce..... and you have no idea how much you have helped!

I think Im going to go ahead then and just Bistro a whirl..... but *insert big gulp here* the price alone is a lot to swallow *heehee*

Im going to go over and take a lookie loo at some of their menu items again and .... ponder a bit !

Thanks Bunches for your help ---- I will let ya know what I decide ... hopefully shortly !
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.