Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #556  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Pluto, I haven't had pizza yet it is my favorite, we ate it almost every weekend. Right now my cheat is a couple of glasses of wine, which can add up calorie wise pretty fast. I am trying to stay at around or under 2000 on that day.

Unpacked my food and there is some good looking new meals that I haven't had a chance to try. Tomorrow is weigh in day, also going to measure again, my cloths feel looser and I tend to lose more inches than weight.

I also liked the arozo polo, I added some green onion, tablespoon each of low fat sour cream and salsa and thought it was pretty good all mixed up but I did not care for the chorzo meal, I think mine was bad or something, because it was fishy tasting, and not in a good way. That is the only meal that I have thrown away, my family was complaining about how the entire house smelled like a fish processing plant

Lisa
Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #557  

Weigh in was down a pound, not bad and will take it over a gain or stall any day. So far since I started on 2/15, I have lost 12 pounds, almost 2inches in my hips, and waist and a little over 1 inch in the bust area (was hoping for more of a loss up top

So glad I decided to measure before I started, I figure another month I should be able to fit into a smaller size, which of course, I have in the closet. I have jeans from a size 4 to 14, not sure I will every see the 4's on again, but you never know. That was about 10 years ago and I wasn't coming up on the big 50!

Wasn't able to get as much exercise in this week, with the monthly visitor, and we all caught colds, mine came on this morning ... at least it is Saturday

Take care,
Lisa
Old 03-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #558  

S/C/G: 178/173.5/135

Height: 5' 5''

Well 0lbs lost, and 0lbs gained - wishing I had lost at least one lb, but I'm thankful there wasn't a gain. Beautiful weather here in MD today, had a chance to get out and play some golf. Loving the extra hour of daylight and looking forward to getting outside to exercise more

Lisa, - i just noticed the kitten/cat pic - too cute! And congrats on the inches and lbs

This is the first week in several months that I will be home for the entire week - I can't tell you all how happy I am to be home!!

Everyone have a great week!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #559  

Lost another 2 pounds. This new time change will give me more time to get out and be active so I'h hoping I lose more now.

Dont know if you follow bistro md on facebook but I saw they posted a "my night" recipe on there which I think ill do cause im always lost on what to cook that night and I eat bad when i go out.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #560  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Well, after 6 weeks I have decided that the Bistro plan just isn't for me. It has been an interesting journey, and I have learned alot - mostly about portions. I have lost 9 pounds while on the plan, but the food just isn't for me. I tried to stay open minded, and think it would get better, but I was throwing most of it away. I wish you all the best of luck:-)
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #561  

Hi all,

Doing well eating, exercise has been nothing all week because I got a nasty flu/cold last weekend and I am still not feeling well. Good news is I am not really hungry, finding that a few of the meals that I thought I didn't mind are really hard to get down with little or no appetite. Hopefully, I will have a good weigh in tomorrow, and I have to admit after about 5 weeks I am looking forward to a my meal for a change of food choice.

Staffing chick, congrats on the weight loss and I hope you find something that will work for you. I can understand where you are coming from some of the meals, especially the sides, are not some of my favorites. Luckily there is enough that I do like, especially the main meal part, some of the sides I just throw away. Good luck

Danni, congrats on the weight loss

Plutto, hope you are enjoying your week off!

Will post results tomorrow.
Night,
Lisa
Old 03-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #562  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

So my long post disappeared somehow!

I'll make this one short. I lost 2 pounds. I FINALLY can button my largest pair of nonsweat pants. This is the first time I am noticing a significant change inches wise. I did cardio 3 times this week since my mom watched the kids while visiting.

Staffing Chick- Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I hope you find what works best for you. I am continuing to calorie count for now. I wish you the best of luck if we don't hear from you!

Lisa - I hope you are finally on the mend! I always eat more when I am sick, unless I am REALLY sick. Hope some good weight loss came out of it =)

Danni - good job!

Pluto - hope you are enjoying time at home. Home can be so comforting when you are away too long.

Last edited by kifli; 03-19-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #563  

Well weighed in and lost 1 pound, this sure is a slow process, and I know slow is better, but I was hoping for at least 3 pounds this week. Maybe I am eating too little calories, I am tracking my calories and exercise even though I don't have to, averaging 1200 to 1285 per day. Most days this week I didn't eat my entire meals. Oh well, I just hate the way I feel when I get off that stupid scale, almost defeated, when I should be happy.

Moving from my scale disappointment .... I have been thinking about what and how I am going to eat when I can no longer afford BMD. My plan was to continue with the BMD for three months until the second week of May, around
my birthday, and switch to a similar 40, 30, 30 type of plan. Still looking in to that as I know I need to have a plan in place before then, just not sure what at this point, I don't want to back slide. I bought a new book on my iPad for $2.99, called the good mood diet, and I could use some, LOL.

Hopefully my cold will get better and I can get back to the exercise, plus the weather should be getting better so I can get back outside and start walking again soon.

Kifli, congrats on the two pound loss and getting your exercise in too, that is challenging with little ones

Looking forward to my meals tonight and a couple of glasses of wine been a long week, everyone have a great weekend!

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 03-19-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #564  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,
I've now been on Bistro for 2 weeks and have lost 5 pounds. I am just thrilled with that! I was losing very, very slowly on Diet to Go - only about 1/2 pound per week. I find that the Bistro food is OK for me. There are a few things that I think are really, really good, like the ravioli, lasagna rollatini and the ciopinno soup. There's been a couple of meals that I couldn't eat but most of them have been alright, not great but edible. I'm still trying new meals each week so I don't think I'll be sick of it for a while. What are everyone's favorites and which ones are so bad that you can't even smell them?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #565  

Hi All,
Well, another week with no movement on the scales. I'm not ready to claim a plateau just yet - I still have work to do with making exercise a "regular" part of my week and I was battling some strong snack cravings which resulted in me eating more - good news is that I did a good job eating healthy snacks versus junk so I'm pleased that I made better decisions in that department. It was great, great, great, being home last week and I'm a little sad to be sending this update from "the road". I'm going to spend some time this week setting up some mini goals for myself. I think if I start taking this in chunks, I'll be more successful for the long haul.

Congrats to all on your weight loss!

kifli, glad you're seeing some results in addition to the scale movement

Lisa, part of my mini goals work will be to map out my transition from BistroMD to "PlutoMD" Hope you're feeling better and done with that cold

exactor, for the most part, i enjoy the meals. only the arroz con pollo is on my "dislike" list so far

Well, here's to another week - Hope it's great for all!!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #566  

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a great week - just finished my second day in a row of working out..... Whew! Hard work, but I'm determined to get some results. I just read an email from BistroMD founder, Dr. Cederquist? - anyway, the email said a lot of good stuff, but the thing that stuck with me is where she suggests that you spend some time every day picturing yourself as healthy. It probably sounds corny, but it rang a bell with me - I'm working towards a day when all "this" won't be work - it'll just be my normal, everyday approach to how I live. I eat healthy, make good choices, exercise and feel good - my new "normal".

Feeling motivated now to keep pressing on!

Have a great week
Pluto
Old 03-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #567  

Hi all,

Still have-the cold going .... I am hearing people call this the 100 day cough, great. Washed my car this afternoon ... That is about all the exercise I got in this past two weeks, but when you wash and hand dry it is a pretty good workout. Takes me about an hour and a half to wash and dry the outside, vacuuming and cleaning the inside is about another 30 to 40 minutes ... I had no idea you could burn so many calories until I looked it up. If the grounds people blow grass and crap tomorrow at work, I am going to be really PO'd. That happened last time I washed it, they are pretty clueless sometimes. It is a convertible so I can't run it through the car wash every time it gets dusty.

My favorites are the cinnamon pancakes, I love it when I see those when I pull my days meals out of the freezer, those and the berry crepes are my favorite breakfast meals. Don't real dig some of the egg meals. Really like the lasagna rolls, the salmon, don't care for the meatloaves or the scallop dish that I had last week, it was pretty fishy tasting, also don't care for the baby food squash, I usually mix that with the main dish to get it down

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 03-23-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #568  

Hello!

I received my first order today, and I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow. I really do have confidence that I will have success with this plan. I am, however, not looking forward to getting on the scale for the first time in a couple of years, and think I may not for a while. I'll see.

I hope that cold bug leaves soon, LBBUGS. Now that I think about it, 100 days for that cough sounds just about right (thankfully, I think I may finally be over mine).

Last edited by Tweets; 03-23-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #569  

Welcome Tweets! The scale hasn't been my friend as of late, but I think that will change very soon. Hope you enjoy your first week of meals!

Lisa, - I'm with you on the cinnamon pancakes and berry crepes (love them both) - I think I'll have to add the stuffed french toast, also. I'm struggling a little bit with the omelets - primarily the one with the canadian bacon (I'm just not a fan of that bacon). I did coat the omelet with salsa and that seemed to do the trick. I was in Whole Foods a few months back and found a Turkey Canadian Bacon product (Wellshire Farms). I may go back to Whole Foods, buy it and substitute it in that particular breakfast (and maybe with the bagel).

Washing a car is definitely a chore, I have an SUV that I hand wash and dry - afterwards, I take a shower and go to bed. Totally exhausting.

Good night all
Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #570  

Smile Positive Thinking

Hey Pluto, I really liked your post on positive thinking. I will try to incoporate this into my daily routine. I was watching a weight loss show the other night where people who were trying to lose weight had to literaly bury the bad foods they were eating (pizza, hot dogs, brownies etc). and it showed me how much of this is mental.

Dr. Cederquist has some cool videos on youtube you should all check out if you get a chance. I like all the support you get from BistroMD.

Lost another 2.5 LBS BTW!
Closed Thread