Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 219.5/214/145

Height: 5' 2

Is the Bistro Diet expensive?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Hi jewelswa,

Welcome. I am purchasing the 7 day plan with no snacks, that includes 7 breakfasts & lunches and 6 dinners. You have one free dinner each week where you eat on your own, within reason, usually on the 6th day & it comes with your meal plan. I am paying $184 per week, which includes $24 shipping to WA state. I compared a few out there, freshology & chief to go. Freshology was about $1300 per month & chief to go, which does have local fresh delivery in my area (seattle) was about $ 259 a week, not including delivery.

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 02-19-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Hi all! Just ate the CA wrap for lunch. It's been awhile since I last had it and I must agree it's not the best... Makes me ashamed to be from California! It was better once I mixed the artichokes into the choped up wrap, but still... ugh.
My weigh-in day is today. I'm down 2lb this week! This coming week will be tough though - vacation from work/school... Home all day with time to munch. THis will be a true test of my changed habits!

Last edited by Jen516; 02-19-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #484  

Hi all, weighed in today, and since I signed up in here I have lost 8 pounds, and since starting Bistro last Tuesday, I have lost 5 pounds, in five days

Jenn, congrats on the steady weight loss, I am also off this week, but I am going to try and amp up the exercise, since I have all this stress free time from work. I work for the state and have to take a mandatory furlough day on tuesday, and figured I might as well take vacation days the rest of the week. I usually do pretty good eating at work, but sometimes have a hard time getting my food in on time and tend to go too long without eating.

Yesterday, I did have one glass of wine. Six weeks ago I had made a batch of wine at this place in town and yesterday was our appointment to go bottle, cork and label them. Of course, they wanted me to try it to see how it turned out, but that was the only glass I had and I cut out one of my snacks to balance the extra calories and still managed to stay under budget calorie wise for the day. Today is my dinner on my own

I will figure it out, I may just have a protein smoothie, I actually really like those, weird, I know. But they are easy to make and easy to clean up, not a lot of thinking involved and I have all the ingredients.

Lisa
Old 02-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 178/173.5/135

Height: 5' 5''

Congratulations Lisa and Jen! Awesome weight loss! I was struggling a little bit today, feeling like snacking (already had my snacks today), logged into the forum here, read about your success and... well, the desire to snack has gone away! I'll drink some water and hang tight - dinner is only a few minutes away. So far, almost two full days in and I've had great food - no complaints.

Congrats again!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #486  

Pluto, great job on the will power to overcome the urge to snack.

Yesterday was my free meal, I did my exercises, yeah, that is three days in a row on the treadmill at various inclines and speeds for 25 minutes. Then I hate to admit but I then splurged and had red wine and popcorn, and not the good for you kind. But I did make some good choices and instead of the pizza (my favorite food in the world) the rest of my family had, I ate one of the Bisto lunches. So not too bad. I also maintain that you should have that treat meal, not a whole day, just once a week so you don't feel deprived. Just don't let that one meal mess you up. Two years ago, I lost 25 pounds that way. So it is back to the plan today and the rest of the week.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #487  

Nice work ladies on making good choices!! Inspires me to do the same and really listen to my body and not eat when I'm not hungry -- this week that's tough with no work to fill the day. Ate spaghetti at Mom's last night, definitely not an on-plan meal, but I ate way less than I used to and I was still stuffed! I stayed within calories for the day AND I walked 2.5 miles around the neighborhood. Didn't really have a plan in mind when I left the house, just wanted to walk... finally headed home when I ran out of time. When I mapped my route, I was surprised at how far it was! Makes me more confident about the 5k I signed up for in April. I was already pretty sure I could walk it, no trouble, but it's nice to have that confirmed! So my goal will be to run at least parts of it... anybody have a suggestion for a goal time to beat?
Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Well I didn't weigh in this morning, b/c I was afraid.LOL! It's a bit scary being off plan on the weekend. I think I did okay though. I contacted customer service, and they seem to be very helpful. Unfortunately, I am not finding alot of meals that I am enjoying-other than the breakfast items. I know I am picky, but I thought for sure I would adjust to the meal plan. I am finding that I am throwing over half of my food away. We will see if they make the adjustments. Glad you are all doing well - it is great to hear of all the success:-)
Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #489  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Jen - Congrats on signing up for your first 5K!!! I really truly and honestly would not be the least bit concerned with "finishing time" just yet. You want to build your endurance first...so right now you want to run/walk, if possible and focus on distance and completing a desired distance.

Glad to hear everybody's losing fat around deeez here parts!

Staffingchick - Sorry to hear your not digging the Bistro meals. The meals are very low sodium dishes, and I remember, that alone took me some time to get used to...but I was on a MISSION to lose this weight, and for ME, liking the food was at the bottom of my list. I was looking for QUALITY of food, EASE of use, and the HEATHINESS factor (macros) of the food. Bistro met all these requirements for me.

That said, BistroMD is not for everyone...the meals are "creative" to say the least, and not for every pallet. They are GREAT with removing foods you hate, in general, but you may want to be careful with removing too many foods, because you may miss some really good entries. All best in your weight loss endevours whichever way you decide.

Last edited by joyfulloser; 02-22-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #490  

Hi all,

Staff chick, you may want try adding small things like green onion or non or low fat sour cream, or small plum tomatoes to you meals. I added a tablespoon of salsa to my eggs the other day and to one of the omelets i added 1/2 of a laughing cow lite cheese wedge. I count everything that I add and only use small amounts. I think it is helping me for when I am on my own.

I really have not cared for the sweet potatoes and a few other veggies, but have found if I dump it all in one bowl or mix it up in the larger side of the tray, and get little bits mixed in with other things in the meal, it is not too bad, especially the "baby food" squash. that is not one of my favorite veggies, but I like the main part of the meal.

Keep up the good work everyone. I am signed up for a intro kettle bell class tomorrow, yikes, I am so glad that I have the next day off to recover, but I am excited too.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #491  

Just testing to see if the new signature weight tracker comes on, copy & pasting is not easy on the iPad
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the suggestions...I appreciate it. I really want to stay on the program as long as possible. I talked to customer service and they seem to be very helpful...guess I will see when my package arrives on Friday. I am feeling good overall...clothes are feeling a bit looser already - which is great incentive to keep going. I am really looking for support on here, because my employees, and relatives aren't very encouraging. I am having cheese tortellini for lunch...I hope it is yummy:-) Thanks again!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #493  

Sorry you're not having a great food week Staffing. At least the scales are moving though, right? I get though that it's a lot of $ for the food, you have to find it palatable or it won't work out. I agree with Lisa, I often tweak themeals slightly or just mix the two sides together. i find that helps a lot. Once that's done, I really enjoy the food. And I agree with Joyful that for me, it took awhile to get used to the new food. I wasn't used to eating this way. Hope you this gets better for you!

Joyful, Thanks for the advice on the 5k. I'm not trying to psych myself out or anything. I just need some motivation to "train" before the 5k. I could go out and walk it right now, so having a reasonable time goal would push me to do a little prep. But you're right, it doens't really matter. Actually signing up and DOING it is the big deal here! I'm walking the full 5k tomorrow, around the neighborhood. I'll time myself and see what the baseline is.

Also, just to share, I posted a progress pic over on the 100lb progress pic thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...s-pics-14.html

Last edited by Jen516; 02-22-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone. Hope you don't mind if I join you as well. I started Bistro MD about 1 month ago. I'm now doing 5days, no snacks. Adding my own snacks now and trying to stay around the 1500-1600 calorie range. I'm keeping a daily food journal (counting calories). I was doing okay until yesterday. I had a meltdown and binged very badly. Today I feel much better and I'm now going to try to regulate my meal and snack times to avoid low blood sugar and another huge mishap.
By the way, I am really struggling with a lot of the meals as well, but I know they are healthy, so I am going to try to stick with it through the end of March. From there, I will either continue with BMD or count calories only. I feel much more confident with my weight loss now that I have seen how my total weekly calories effects my weekly weigh in. Now, if I can just battle my sweet cravings, one day at a time! I LOVE Sweets. (BTW, I also LOVE the steakhouse wrap. Requested it as a substitute whenever possible for the fish meals). Unfortunately, I'm also a meat and potatoes kind of girl.

Nice to meet everyone.
Jen516: Took a peak at your progress pic- You look fantastic! Good goin' =)

Last edited by kifli; 02-22-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 178/173.5/135

Height: 5' 5''

Hi All - Just checked out your progress pic, Jen - you look great

After seeing the pic and reading about Lisa signing up for intro kettle bell, Jen you're prepping for a 5 K - That's my signal to get back on the "exercise horse" !! Once upon a time I was a athlete in college (played basketball and was on the track team) ...... amazing how a "career" can kind of side track you from focusing on your health - at least that's what happened to me. More long hours at work, traveling across country week after week, eating out every night even when I was home - Not healthy.

Staffing Chick, I hope you find motivation here - I have - I really look forward to reading everyone's post. And, those suggestions on how to tweak the food will come in handy - Today, I had the Arroz con Pollo and the chicken just didn't taste quite right. Not sure what it was, but I ended up just eating the rice. Will probably request to have that one removed

Welcome Kifli!
Closed Thread