Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:03 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/183/140

Height: 5'7"

Default My BistroMD Update

Congrats to Shreveportpam and LaurenMom2Max,

Congratulations for sticking to the plan! I have not been as motivated...While I find the BistroMD food to be quite good, for some reason I still crave my carbs and sweets. I don't have any problem with the food that is provided, but I am finding it difficult to stay on track...

I switched from the full week of meals with snacks to just lunches and dinners. I was not happy with the snacks - and only enjoyed some of the breakfast items. Also, because of the expense and my lack of motivation, I need to cut back somewhere. BistroMD has been very cooperative about accommodating my requests.

I realize I have to get "back on the wagon," so I will do it. Your posts continue to motivate me.

I can't believe how easily I seem to gain weight at my age - and how truly difficult it is to lose even a pound or two. As a working single mom of a young child, it seems I have no "me" time whatsoever. I've got to start exercising again - which I know helps to improve my mood and takes my mind off eating non-healthy food.

One question: Have any of you asked BistroMD to send you ONLY the meal selections that you enjoy? While all the food is better than what I can prepare, there are meals I would prefer not to eat again and meals that I truly enjoy eating. Have any of you asked them to limit meal selections?

Thanks for your posts - and keep up the good work!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #32  

How do you get the lunch and dinner only option? Their website does not offer that, or I missed it.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #33  

Hi again, guys!!! Still doing Bistro - have been losing very slowly, though, as I've had several out-of-town trips to endure. To be honest, I'm glad I haven't gone backwards.

But I have VERY MUCH requested only meals I enjoy from Bistro, and it works out fine. The best way, I think, is over the phone with them. I now only receive the tray meals, which I tend to like better anyway. And I buy their gourmet chicken jerky and various snack bars (my favorite of their snacks) on my own. That took some digging, but it was worth it.

Still think they have the best delivered food.

Last edited by buttah; 12-19-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Just ordered my 1st BistroMD

Hi everybody! I finally had a breakthrough. I've been so confused by portion control, prepping food, cooking, planning, coordinating....managing the food part of losing weight seemed so impossible to control. Really, it was too much to manage. I made my annual visit to 3FC and stumbled across the meal delivery forum. Whoa. Wait a minute. What if someone else did all the work and worry, and I just ate what they gave me? Wow. How simple is that! Meal delivery cuts right through all the confusion. All that mental energy can be focused on following my exercise plan. I joined 3FC last week, ordered my first BistroMd delivery, and should be getting the food in the next several days. Yeah baby.

Thank so much for all the details on meal delivery services. Shreveportpam and Buttah, way to stick with it.

I'm psyched! Plus I only got the 5 meals, not the 7, so I can still used up the loads and loads of staples I have in the house by cooking on the weekends. Smart cooking, I hope!

Last edited by Losing80; 01-01-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: shout out to ShreveportPam and Buttah
Old 01-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 172/172/138

Height: 5'6"

Default New here .... Bistro MD on the way :)

Hi everyone!
I'm so excited...just ordered my 7 days of meals plus snacks and hoping to start this week. I used ediets a few years ago and was pleased, but somehow I've gained 30+ in the last year....ugh...time to take it off...lol.

Anyone interested in being a diet buddy????
Old 02-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #36  

Default well I am back...

Hi, Just started back up on my Bistro MD...

it has been awhile and as expected.. not doing well on my own.. Looking forward to trying some of the new stuff.. ..I am doing the 5 days lunches/ dinners only...

So who is new and how are you all doing with the program.

ps I have to update this ticker.. doesn't look this good I am sure..
Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #37  

Default well I am getting psyched again...

Well back on the Bistro plan.. and already feeling better.. and a few water weight pounds down also makes it pleasant..

I had forgotten how satisfied I was with not being hungry all the time and not having to THINH what to make for dinner.. That alone lets me regain many hours each day to do other things

so far the food isn't as good as it was last year.. some chg's have been made and not all have made it better but not enough to make me turned off of the meals.

Oh wanted to share something I don't get snacks from BM so I doing my own. I found this great Greek Yogurt called Chobani... it has a whopping 14gm of protein in the cup , no fat and only 120-140 cal.. totally within the range of snacks that are OK for BM.... that amount fo protein really keeps me full and not looking for MORE stuff..

How are you all doing ??
Old 03-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/183/140

Height: 5'7"

Good for all of you! I was unable to continue with BistroMD. While some of their meals were very tasty, I just didn't like them enough to continue... I haven't found an alternate program, but I am cutting back other ways.

I do think BistroMD offers a great service. From what I've seen of other meal delivery plans, the meals are a much higher quality.

But it just isn't for me.

I wish you all the best.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #39  

Default well have to say some of th chg's have not been good

I was on this program most of last year until they started to CHANGE things re the way the meals were packed and the variety and content. Decided at that time to see if I could do it on my own.. NO>>> couldn't so I am back but I have to say I have been somewhat disappointed in the chg's even more so now than last time.
If I feel this way after another week or so I will be lookng at Pure Foods and see how they are doing. .. I am really disappointed but nothing stays.s the same even when they didn't need to make chg's..
I HATE the new packageing of the food in those black tray Freezer burn and mixed up food in the tray doesn't make me a happy at all.

BUT... I have dropped 6 lbs so it does work .. what can I say other than stay tuned.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #40  

Smile BistroMD- Got My package today :)

Hello!

First Meal tonight! I will keep you posted! I am trying to lose 20+ lbs in 7 weeks. (Going on a cruise) Do you think that's a reasonable goal?
Starting weight 190 ugh... but I'm either heavy for my size(12) or all my clothes are vanity sized LOL

I'm moderately active (2) 10-20 minute walks daily with my dogs and
2-3 45min to an hour tae kwon do classes a week.

Today I started lifting 5lb weights (to build muscle/increase metabolism) and I started meditating to manage stress eating

I am an emotional eater and a weekend drinker plus I usually take a tylenol pm to sleep (water retention) These are the things I am up against.....

Hope to get to know you and support you all!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #41  

Default BistroMD

Well- I guess this forum is kinda dead. The Bistro meals are ok, but I am kind of disappointed. I think Weight Watchers frozen meals or even Kashi is just as good and a lot less expensive! Not to mention the $25 shipping charge! I'm glad I only signed up for a month. I think I will head to the grocer's freezer after this month.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Week One on Bistro

Hey everybody!

I'm just starting out here. This is my first time on the forums, but definitely not my first time dieting. I've probably put on and lost the same twenty pounds three times now.

This time I need to shed 25-30. And I'm starting a new small business and just don't have the time to do meal planning, so I opted to try Bistro MD.

Of course, the first week that it arrives, I ended up with a terrible head cold, so I can't really comment much on flavor yet. Everything ends up tasting pretty much the same. But preparation has not been hard, and so far I have not deviated from the meals and snacks they have sent. Water weight loss so far: 2.5 pounds. I know it's not real yet, but it's still encouraging.

Anyhow, hope to talk with you guys about this plan over the next few weeks. Nice to meet you all!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #43  

Hi. I am new to this site. I just started my first week on BMD after spending the past 9 months on Jenny Craig losing the majority of my baby weight from Baby #2. I still have about 10 pounds left to lose and I just quit nursing. I am excited to try all of the BMD foods. I had my first breakfast this morning- the spinach ricotta crepes and it was pretty good! I am excited by the more "healthy" and less processed feel of these meals... with Jenny I was starting to get bored by the menu and freaked out a bit by how processed everything felt. This seems to be a bit more healthy... how is everyone else doing???
Old 04-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'5"

I thought I'd report back in. I'm on week four of the BistroMD program and have been extremely pleased with it. I am doing the full 7 day program with snacks and some small substitutions since I am allergic to aspartame and cinnamon.

So far, I have lost 6 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks, which is pretty great considering that I haven't really been exercising and that I'm in normal BMI territory.

The food has been extremely satisfying. The meals and flavors are very diverse, and I have never once felt hungry or deviated from the program. I have made good use of my "off night" once a week and binged a bit on the things that the diet deprives me of (mostly bread, chocolate, and cheese), but then I'm able to go right back into the program.

Once every other week or so, I come across a meal that I heat up and don't like, so I just toss it and replace it with a salad or a lean cuisine. Then I asked my program coordinator to remove it from future deliveries. Easy.

I am considering removing the snacks from my plan. I think the protein-heaviness of the snacks does wonders at keeping me full between meals, but many of the snacks are extremely soy-heavy, and I wonder/worry about the hormonal implications of large quantities of soy. I think I could maybe do better with the snacks on my own at the grocery store.

Anyhow, that's the report. Nearly a month in, seeing results, and still loving it. I expect that I will try to get through at least 4 more weeks on the program and then re-evaluate.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 180/174.4/140

Height: 5"1

Default New Bistro Member

Hello Everyone..i'm on my 2nd Week of Bistro and so far so good...the 1st week it looked like i was down 5lbs but i think that was water weight. Has anyone else on the Bistro Plan and if so how is it going....we need all the support we can get.

A little about myself i'm set out to loose a total of 50lbs..i started out at 180lbs but i'm only 5"1 inches tall so need to loose and keep off the 50lbs.

Michelle
Closed Thread