Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #31  

I will.. Thanks Deana... What delivery system did you finally decide on?
2furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #32  

Deana, I just saw, you are doing DTG.. I'm interested in that one too.. Keep giving us updates! Thanks..
Old 08-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #33  

Thanks so much everyone for the info on CHE. I saw the ad in today's Parade magazine and got excited but you've really helped me see the light. I don't drink milk, I eat yogurt, can't take eating some fruits, and I'm not a big beef eater. In theory it is just what I was looking for and the right price, but your evaluations and real-time comments have helped me realize like football mom, it's just too much trouble if I don't embrace the whole thing and start to supplement it with shopping for foods I can eat, which is what I'm doing anyway. I am a fulltime caregiver for my husband who has dementia and I work full time out of my home. I need to lose 70 pounds, don't have the time to cook even though I love to cook...and I'm carb sensitive too. So thanks again, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and keep reading this site, for support.
bgddgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #34  

bgddgirl, so glad it helped. I have my husband and son eating my food and I'm doing my own thing.
fchsfootballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #35  

Chandra's Healthy Eating food is awful.. I had gotten my first shipment this past Friday and wish that I had never ordered. The fruit and veggies are frozen, not fresh.. The breakfasts are extremely salty and the dinners become watery when u heat them. This is the only company that you have to pay for the entire month and wait the whole month before receiving your first shipment. I did not know about this website before I had ordered. I wish I had known because there are so many other companies out there. Tomorrow I want to call tomorrow and cancel my future orders if I can get these people on the phone. That is another problem. Consider yourself lucky if you don't get their voicemail that's always full. I give this company a definate thumbs down!! Now I would still like to try a delivery company and can't decide which one. Diet to go sounds good, but I've read different reviews about the sodium levels, bistroMD some don't like the breakfasts and the texture of the fish and Pure Foods Fresh Start some say they are still hungry. So now Im just undecided and confused..Maybe I'll start to dedicate Sunday to cooking healthy dinners for the week.. I'm just so tired after work that I end up eating not so healthy things.. Good luck to all...
Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #36  

I'm so sorry you aren't happy. That makes two of us. I have trouble getting them on the phone too. I told them about the problems with the food coming frozen. That is not supposed to happen, so make sure you tell them. This past week, the food was in better condition, since I called and complained. My guys like the food, so I am going to keep this going for now so that they are fed while I take care of myself. It helps that I don't need to worry about them. After the meal delivery is over, I am going to start bulk cooking as well.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #37  

I'd really like to smack around my UPS driver. So, my order comes yesterday in a big box that says "Perishable" on the side and clearly having large arrows (this side up). He delivers it and when I get to the door, it's sitting in its side. These people don't care, do they?

Anyway, although I am no longer eating the food, I thought I would let you know that the portions are tiny (and the food not particularly healthy) and if you don't want to be hungry all the time, this is probably not the right plan. This morning, my husband had a tiny piece of toast, grapes (probably totalling about 8) and a fatty slab of ham. Not particularly healthy to me. If it was lean, I could better understand, but it was very fatty. To top it all off, I have 3 orders for 3 people. They sent me 2 orders for lunch, 3 for dinner and 4 for breakfast. I would call and complain, but you can never get any one on the phone.

Last edited by fchsfootballmom; 08-05-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #38  

I have not been out here in ages (crazy schedule) but I was doing the Diet To Go and liked the Low Carb plan a lot (not so much the low fat one). I saw some talk about this plan and was very interested because of the cost and the meals looked yummy. I have to say that when I read their policy about shipping, I decided no way would I even bother (and now after reading through this thread, I am certain I won't be trying this company)!

They are the only meal delivery service that I have ever heard of or personally dealt with that bsically tells you that you are on your own if the food comes spoiled or delayed due to UPS pr Fed Ex. That is pretty unheard of and outrageous. They actually tell you the customer that you have to file a claim with UPS or GFed Ex and yet THEY are the ones who have the account with those shipping companies and they are the shipper who are the ones expected to deal with issues like that (not the customer)! UPS and Fed Ex will even tell you that they do not deal with the end users and only the shippers with the account so this company is bad news as far as I'm concerned. No thanks (also think it's outrageous how much money they want up front and that's because they must know that many might be unhappy and will want their money back otherwise it makes no sense).

Wow good luck to you guys.
Lisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #39  

I was debating about whether or not to update this thread. I don't eat the food any more. I give it to my husband and son. However, I felt it was important to report anything new that happens. We got an order today for 2 days of food (3 orders, 3 meals a day, 2 days of food for a total of 9 meals). We only had one food container that wasn't smashes and cracked. Most of the food was not salvagable. While the CHE people would like to blame it on UPS, my husband says it is packaging. They are not packing it correctly and in a way to protect it from getting smashed. My husband is livid.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 AM   #40  

I find this company a bit scary. My knee jerk feeling is that people are maybe best off staying away from this one. Not only are you on your own with any shipping problems which is unheard of in this business, but they are impossible to reach. I tried to leave a message for them on several days and each time the box was full which tells me that either (a) they don't care about returning messages and so they just let the box fill up and never check it) or (b) that it's filled up to that extent with unhappy customers desperately trying to reach them (the recording also sounds a bit whacky to me to). Either option is not good. The fact that you have to commit to so much time and put so much up front and everything smells to me (and it is not a good scent if you get my meaning). I get a bad vibe here on this one. Glad I checked and saw this thread before signing myself up because the price is amazing, but if all they have going for them is price, they won't last very long. Spooky.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #41  

I am so sorry to hear about your experience, but I am not surpised. I had a really bad feeling about this company which has an "F" rating with the better Business Bureau and never answers thier email or phone. I thought they sounded extremely suspicious from the get go. Here is the link to their BBB report (and by the way they are in Utah with a Utah address):

http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-rev...ty-ut-22240890

You should actually be contacting your credit card company to dispute these charges and tell them what this company has done. You can also point your bank to this link or use it in the paperwork they send you to get a refund to your card. This is incredibly unethical. I had a feeling that this company was a ticking time bomb. Everything about them seemed extremely strange. I am so sorry. This has to be very frustrating for you. You should do more than just contact the BBB. This is not just poor customer service,. This is unethical and illegal actually...very.

Your credit card company should absolutely refund your card and this will result in a chargeback for this company. Eventually when they get enough chargebacks, their merchant privelegexs will be revoked. Now I see why their mail box is always full! I had a feeling it was stuffed with desperate people trying to get some type of response from this company. The outgoing greeting also sounds bizarre. There probably is only one employee and that's the person named in the BBB report as the owner who is happily collecting people's money and not giving them anything in return.

I got a clue when I read their policy about shipping. That you are completely on your own with the shipping company which is unheard of! And if they are not even packaging things correctly, this is even more outrageous. I am soooo glad I did not sign up with these people. I hope they are put out of business soon. This is shameful and outrageous.

Last edited by Lisa1978; 08-20-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #42  

Default So happy I found this thread...

I have been looking at different meal delivery companies and came across this one and was excited about the price. It seemed so much less expensive than some of the others. I guess you get what you pay for. Has anyone here had any experience with Nutrisystem or Hourglass?
Harbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #43  

Hourglass is actually the program that that lady Ruby is on. She has her own show and she lost lots of weight following the diet. The food delivery system is actually called Ourlife Health Meal Delivery. I looked it up and read several reviews and they are all positive. I have had such a bad experience with Chandra's Healthy Eating that right now I am scared to try any other food delivery system. If you do decide to try it, post and let us know how it is..
Old 08-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2furbabies View Post
I have had such a bad experience with Chandra's Healthy Eating that right now I am scared to try any other food delivery system. If you do decide to try it, post and let us know how it is..
Same here. My husband was so angry over the last order that came in smashed that he called them and cancelled. I don't see them staying in business at this rate.

Last edited by fchsfootballmom; 08-27-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #45  

I ordered the Chandra 5-Day 1200 Calorie Plan on July 5, 2009. I didn’t get my first order of food until the end of July.

Here is the "good" before I write on the bad:
The food was packaged in a full size Styrofoam box. Each meal was separately packaged in plastic container, which can be microwaved (not the plastic top). A handwritten label identified the meal as “breakfast”, “lunch” or “dinner” and brief labeling of the food (i.e. hard-boiled egg, toast). The main entrée is separated from the fruit, vegetable or dessert sides.

Now the bad:
The main reason I’m writing, as I never make critical reviews online, is that the second delivery arrived with the food spoiled. The food reeked, felt hot to the touch, had exploded inside the container. The smell leaked within the Styrofoam container. A small bag of what I assumed was dry ice had long since evaporated. No freezer bags were inside. Based on the menu dates, I was to start the first meal on 7/31 but I didn’t receive the package until Aug 4. To be fair, the company representative offered to send a new delivery, without cost to me. However, if you’ve ever seen spoiled food, you never trust the source again. I asked for a refund for food not received, but I was told that once you purchase a meal plan, you cannot receive a refund. This may be true, but I was badly dissatisfied with the service or food.

Here is information for you, since I couldn’t find any useful information on this diet service, prior to my purchase.
1. I liked the idea of fresh food. From the ad, I was lead to believe that the food would be locally prepared and delivered. There is nothing that indicates this is true.
2. There is no labeling of ingredients or nutritional value.
3. The taste is bland. The vegetables and fruits were once frozen are arrived limp.
4. There is no diet information, guidance or even encouragement. For example, no information on water intake, sugar limitations, how to beat the munchies, or increase physical activity.

Good luck and please heed the advice to avoid Chandra's Healthy Eating Plan.
SusieQgonoles is offline   Reply With Quote