Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/192/130

Height: 5' 5"

Default Comparing Slim Fast to Wonderslim

I'm currently on Nutrisystem and I'm not thrilled with the weight loss OR the taste, so I'm here researching other diet plans.

I'm intrigued by the Medifast/Wonderslim approach. However, I'm wondering what they taste like.

I HATE Slim Fast. How does the shakes compare to that?
P31Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #2  

Talking Don't everyone answer at once, lol

Come on...there's got to be someone's who's tasted both! Anyone?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, people go on Medifast for the quick results, not the taste! I haven't had Slimfast in a long time, but wasn't impressed by it. Medifast has way better nutritional stats, and isn't as sweet as Slimfast, but it doesn't taste like desert. I did Medifast for about 6 weeks and personally used the pudding mix to make shakes (along with ice, 1 oz. of fat free cream cheese), it was much thicker and tasted better then the shake mixes. I just ordered WonderSlim and am on day 2, and so far things taste much better than Medifast, but you still know you are eating diet food I like that the WonderSlim plan is not so ridged as far as carbs go, but there are plenty of people out there that do WonderSlim and count carbs.

Please also know that Medifast is basically a low-carb, high protein liquid diet, although you can have bars and one "lean and green" meal per day. WonderSlim is also a basically a low-carb, high protein liquid diet, but you can have their pasta on their plan and fruit in addition to what you can have on Medifast.

If you want to go the Medifast route, I have heard that you can call Medifast and order individual packets for $2.50 each, which honestly isn't much more than it costs if you buy a 7 pack, so you might want to do that. On other option is you can just buy 2 weeks worth of food and try it out for 2 weeks, after the first week you should know if you can stick with it or not and have time to place another order so you don't run out. There are coupon codes out there for $25 off a $150 purchase, so what I did recently is I ordered just over $150 worth of bars, used the coupon code and shipping was around $9 (I really like the mint maintenance bars and am going to incorporate them into my low calorie diet).

What I am personally doing right now is I ordered a number of things from DietsDirect and the bars from Medifast (both crunch bars and maintenance bars) and am watching my calories and trying to stick to 1200 calories per day. I am a picky eater, and just couldn't do Medifast again, especially because I love carbs, but all of the protein and fiber in these supplements do help to keep you fuller longer, hence making it easier to stick to 1200 calories/day.

If after reading this you think that Medifast/WonderSlim is not for you, you might want to look into Jenny Craig. It is along the same lines as what you are doing now, but it tastes much better. Good luck!

Last edited by babes315; 05-05-2009 at 11:17 AM.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babes315 View Post
Honestly, people go on Medifast for the quick results, not the taste! I haven't had Slimfast in a long time, but wasn't impressed by it. Medifast has way better nutritional stats, and isn't as sweet as Slimfast, but it doesn't taste like desert. I did Medifast for about 6 weeks and personally used the pudding mix to make shakes (along with ice, 1 oz. of fat free cream cheese), it was much thicker and tasted better then the shake mixes. I just ordered WonderSlim and am on day 2, and so far things taste much better than Medifast, but you still know you are eating diet food I like that the WonderSlim plan is not so ridged as far as carbs go, but there are plenty of people out there that do WonderSlim and count carbs.

Please also know that Medifast is basically a low-carb, high protein liquid diet, although you can have bars and one "lean and green" meal per day. WonderSlim is also a basically a low-carb, high protein liquid diet, but you can have their pasta on their plan and fruit in addition to what you can have on Medifast.

If you want to go the Medifast route, I have heard that you can call Medifast and order individual packets for $2.50 each, which honestly isn't much more than it costs if you buy a 7 pack, so you might want to do that. On other option is you can just buy 2 weeks worth of food and try it out for 2 weeks, after the first week you should know if you can stick with it or not and have time to place another order so you don't run out. There are coupon codes out there for $25 off a $150 purchase, so what I did recently is I ordered just over $150 worth of bars, used the coupon code and shipping was around $9 (I really like the mint maintenance bars and am going to incorporate them into my low calorie diet).

What I am personally doing right now is I ordered a number of things from DietsDirect and the bars from Medifast (both crunch bars and maintenance bars) and am watching my calories and trying to stick to 1200 calories per day. I am a picky eater, and just couldn't do Medifast again, especially because I love carbs, but all of the protein and fiber in these supplements do help to keep you fuller longer, hence making it easier to stick to 1200 calories/day.

If after reading this you think that Medifast/WonderSlim is not for you, you might want to look into Jenny Craig. It is along the same lines as what you are doing now, but it tastes much better. Good luck!

Thanks for answering. I may try the wonderslim for a couple of weeks. It seems everyone thinks that it tastes better than Medifast.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #5  

I just started Wonderslim and am experimenting. I ordered the large 12 week sample pack, knowing I will find things I do not care for. You can send back what you do not like as long as you havent used any. They allow one opened pack. They will refund your money or exchange it for what you do like. There are multiples of most things so this works out fine. I have a magic bullet and let me tell you that it makes a world of difference. I am doing 1200 calories and have added frozen berries to the shakes and they are great. I also add plain ice to some and this also makes them yummy. As babes said I did not get any entrees over 130 calories. Not to be negative but I know that the quicker the weight comes off the harder it is to keep it there, so I am not too anxious to go below 1200 calories and totally remove all starch and fruit from my diet. I plan to stay with this calorie range until I hit a plateau and then maybe drop down to the 1000 calorie plan. This works for me and everyone needs to see what works best for them.
sushan333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/220/160

Height: 5'7"

I am on NLD and its the same thing as WS. I love it. WS has a better price though!!!
LuluBellesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/150/130

Height: 5 2

I use both slimfast shakes and wonderslim. I like to mix it up every once in a while and it keeps me from getting bored. I like both progams.
Shoeshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 210/207.4/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm using WS and the shakes are really actually very good. The mocha with some crushed ice makes you think you're drinking iced coffee. My issue has been getting all the food in. I've always been a 1-2 meal a day person so 6 is A LOT for me. Some things I don't like - chikn n tomato, tex mex...they are just nasty to me. Read the reviews, they are usually right on with the majority...make sense?
blamarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by P31Mom View Post
I'm currently on Nutrisystem and I'm not thrilled with the weight loss OR the taste, so I'm here researching other diet plans.

I'm intrigued by the Medifast/Wonderslim approach. However, I'm wondering what they taste like.

I HATE Slim Fast. How does the shakes compare to that?
The hmr shakes are great. If you want samples you can get them from hackleyhealthmanagement.com. They sent me some of almost everything, even before I went on the program. Then you can tell if you like them before you buy.
dorothy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I am on day 11 of WS. I like the WS much better then Slim Fast or the Costco brand. I have been counting calories using Fitday, staying under 100 gr of carbs over 100 gr of protien and I don't worry about the fat because if I eat fruit and stay under 1200 cals I simply do not have room for too much fat. I lost 7 lbs in 7 days! Tues is my second weigh in and I can't wait. I felt a little weird (slight headache and just a little off) for the first 4 days then I have felt fine. on day 7 I felt like I was in a routine and did not find it hard to fit in all the shakes. I ordered the 12 week plan and substituted all the entrees for more shakes because I felt like I would not like them. They let you sub. anything which is great. Next time I will not get the bars because honestly I don't really car for them and they have less protein and more carbs I would rather find a bar (I heard Trader Joes and South Beach make some better ones with better stats) and sub more shakes and have more weeks on the plan for the same money. I payed aroud $350.00 for 8 weeks and I think you can not beat the price. The coupons are right on their sight.
Good Luck!
Oh and we have a very active string here come and join us if you like.
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote