3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Jenny Craig Chat

Old 02-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #91

Hello Sunny,
I am also a "senior' -- I am actually 50! I am enjoying this program as well. It is slow for me as well. I went through menopause 5 years ago and my metabolism is very slow! Good luck to you and post often and let us know how you are doing.

3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #92

Geez, you are a 'youngster' not a senior! I have been pleased with JC and for the first time in my years of yo-yo-ing, I can really see myself working maintenance! I love JC!:
Old 02-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #93

I also post on the JC website, lots of encouragement and ideas there for working the program. Have you tried it?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #94
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is my 5th day on Jenny. I read back a few pages and listening you your successes makes me even more encouraged. I do my weigh-ins on Thursday afternoons, I am so excited to see how well I have done at my first one this week.

I agree with all of you, so far the food is delicious and satisfying. I love cooking, so I do miss that, but I also get to look forward to learning how to cook the MOMO.

I am on the internet a lot, so I plan on posting a lot... Sunny, I also have been on the JC boards, too. I haven't posted much, but I am jillybean653 over there. I didn't find it very active and all the triple-quadruple posting was just nutty.

Good luck to you all!
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #95

Good Morning Sunny and Hokie,

I also post on JC website. I am finishing up week 7 and lost zippo last week! Very, very disappointed being that i didn't cheat, didn't eat out, NOTHING! I was originally put on 1500 calorie plan, but asked to be changed to the 1200 calorie plan. Even though I have a lot of weight to lose, I think because of my sluggish metabolism and the fact that I am post menopausal, I don't need as many calories. Good luck to both of you -- will look for you here and on the JC wesite!!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #96
amazing

meows, I go to my first weigh in in two hours. I was put on the 1500 calorie plan, too... and I can already tell it hasn't worked because I also have a very sluggish metabolism due to my hypothyroidism. I wouldn't be surprised if I gained... oh my goodness, I haven't eaten this much food in a week ever, it is SO MUCH FOOD.

I want to ask to change to the 1200 plan, I think I would have much better success.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #97

Hokie,

Don't be afraid to tell them to change you -- i can already feel a difference, although haven't stepped on the scale. I know my body and how it works -- I know I would never lose weight on the 1500 calorie menu!!! Let us know you you do with your weigh in-- good luck!!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #98
amazing

yeah, I only lost .6 pounds. I didn't cheat and I walked over 10,000 steps every day. Disappointing, but I asked to be put on the 1200 plan and they agreed. They told me if I got hungry, either eat an extra milk or fruit serving. I think this week will be much better.

I just can't get down about last week, this is a new week!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #99

Hokie -- DO NOT GET DOWN ON YOURSELF!!!! I am telling you, it will be much better next week with the 1200 calorie plan. I was also soooo discouraged the past couple of weeks -- I will let you know how I do on Monday. I would even take a pound, believe me!!!

Good luck this week -- and if you are hungry, drink a milk or have another fruit!! Stay in touch!

Old 03-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #100

Hello Fellow Jenny Followers!

Where are you all? How is everyone doing? I am down a couple more pounds this week -- the 1200 calorie menu is definitely helping me!
Would love to hear from some of you -- we should try to keep this thread moving!

Old 03-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #101

Hi everybody! Congrats "3Meows" on your weight loss. I am still 'potting' along. Sorry I didn't respond to everyone, as I don't usually post too much on this forum.
I post as "joan719" on Jenny.

As for the weight loss, I am long past menopause! I do have Grave's(thyroid) and after zapping my thyroid twice, I am in a hypothyroid state. I don't blame this as much as the fact that I began 'tweaking' the menu selections.

I realized that, unless we replace another item with the same nutritional stats as the item we don't care for, that we are throwing off our 1200 calories per day. So, this week, I have put together my 7 day menu, by looking at ALL the planned menus for Weeks 1 through 4, and selected my favorite days, as listed, without making any changes. More enjoyable to choose things you love and know that it is calculated to 1200 calories per day by the nutritionists. I will see what happens this week!

I hope that everyone is doing well, and certainly looking forward to Spring!
Sunny aka joan719
Old 03-08-2010, 12:47 AM   #102
amazing

Hey everybody,

sorry, I was super busy last week and didn't get to post, but at my weigh in last Thursday I lost 5 pounds! Hooray for the 1200 plan!

I have only found one thing I don't like so far, tonight's cashew chicken. I ate all the chicken, cashews and snow peas out of it, but the rest I didn't like too much.

I went to a birthday party on Friday night, and it was very hard to resist the drinking, especially when somebody else is buying! But I did well and limited myself to two glasses of wine that my JCC and I worked into my week.

Today was so gorgeous out, my dog and I went on a 2 hour walk. I love having more energy... and it's only my 3rd week! Glad to hear everybody else is doing well, too!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #103

WOW, Hokie and Sunny -- GREAT JOB on the weight loss front!! It does feel really great to be in control!! Hey, let's check in here every week to help keep us motivated!! Also, I am on the Jenny site as 3meows!!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #104
amazing

You're right, 3meows, I am loving the control... I love knowing that I can go out to eat and make the right decisions. Healthy food is delicious, and portion control is the key.

At my weigh in today, I lost 5.5 pounds! WOW! And it really isn't even that hard to do... just eat what is on my schedule, nothing else, and keep moving as much as possible.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #105

Hokie,

Are you saying you lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks??? If so, you go girl!!!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.