3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Jenny Craig Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/170040-jenny-craig-chat.html)

Vickie 06-10-2009 11:51 PM

Fingers crossed! You know what to do.

allabouttheskinny 06-20-2009 11:03 AM

I'm thinking about doing Jenny since I'm working again. :p I would prefer to do my own breakfasts. Do you think the counselors will allow me to substitute my own breakfasts?

xpinkglowx2 06-20-2009 04:29 PM

i dont see why not, as long as you know what to eat and stick to the allowed calories.

Vickie 06-29-2009 09:35 AM

Any one still on program? How are you all doing?

My JCC knows that I don't eat the breakfasts. She's ok with that as long as I keep losing and am substituting something healthy.

I had a really really hard two weeks. I lost a bit last week and am hoping not to gain this week.

Floprieto 07-12-2009 10:36 PM

Anyone still on Jenny? I am thinking about doing it...

Vickie 07-13-2009 10:10 AM

I am! 31 pounds down and weighing in today expecting a loss.

I had 150 pounds to lose when I started.

xpinkglowx2 07-13-2009 02:06 PM

I'm eating my own food, but i still weigh in at jenny every week and talk with my counselor. i have lost 45 pounds and have 7 to go!. i strongly recommend it. it works.

Vickie 07-13-2009 04:43 PM

I'm glad you're still doing well, Nicole. Change your chick to a 45 pound one! How exciting for you.

I lost on pound today. 32 pounds down in 6 months. Too bad I lost so much time in the beginning eating those darned breakfasts and desserts. Oh well. At least I know what to do now. 3 days of exercise for me this coming week, starting tomorrow.

StacyLee 07-15-2009 10:03 PM

I am still on Jenny but the last couple months have been a struggle. I really should have come here for support but alas I did not. I am now back on a good path :)

Things started to go off the rails when I was on a 10 day vacation mid-May -- it was almost impossible to eat healthy out as a family and the hotel room did not have a microwave. We did a lot of exercising everyday and when I could I did eat healthy but when I returned I had gained a few pounds -- very frustrating. I kept going to my counselor but found it more difficult to stick to the program -- my momentum slipped.

The month of June was probably THE busiest I have ever had at work -- I will save you the details but suffice it to say it was very stressful and busy. That did not help me get back or stay on track. I continued treading water and my weight loss stagnated. grrrrrrrrrrr

The one good thing that has been happening the last month is that I have upped my exercise. I am walking 3 miles at least three times a week -- sometimes 5 times a week. I am riding my recumbent exercise bike several times a week. Doing an occasional swim (my inlaws live on a lake). I need to drag my hand weights out from under the desk and start using them too.

This last week I decided it is time to get back on the wagon and make a concerted effort to get back to loosing and I finally lost a couple pounds :carrot:

Loosing weight is so damned hard. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it. I KNOW it is but there are times that I wish I could love myself as a fat person but therein lies the problem -- I don't like myself now, I have tried to love the fat person I am and can't, it is not healthy being as overweight as I am and I don't feel good physically. I NEED to loose the weight not only for psychological reasons but also to better my physical health.

Glad you are still here and making progress Vickie! YouGoGirl!!!

And a shout out to you too Nicole -- you have been really booking along!!! 7lbs. from goal?!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!

Vickie 07-16-2009 11:11 AM

Stacy, I guess Nicole and I are just examples of getting on and staying on program. Eventually, the weight will come off. Nicole is young and active and has made remarkable progress in a short period of time. Mine is slower at 53 with my sedentary lifestyle but I'm happy with it. 6 months ago, I was 32 pounds heavier and much unhappier.

I understand what you mean about trying to love the fat girl. I couldn't do it. It would be one thing if the fat girl could be healthy but the odds were against me for that. So....I continue to plug along.

I can tell you that if you religiously follow the program AND do all that exercise you are doing...the weight will come off and probably quickly. My main goal now is that when I have a lapse....it can only be for one meal and then I MUST get immediately back on program. Vacations are hard but fortunately for my weight loss efforts, I don't take too many of those.

Now keep us posted!

luvtotravel 07-16-2009 08:49 PM

Hello all. I was on Jenny last year and lost 30 pounds went off for about 8 months and gained 20 back. I went back to Jenny last week and had my "first" WI today and lost 6.8. I'm very happy with a good beginning. Good luck to all.

Vickie 07-17-2009 09:58 AM

REAL nice start, Luv! Keep us posted.

Floprieto 07-19-2009 07:00 PM

Hey ladies! Just wanted to let u all know that I joined Jenny :)

Daisynyc 07-21-2009 05:23 PM

I am thinking of joining JC but had a question - how do you find a great counselor at your center? I am hesitant to just walk in and hope for someone great. Suggestions?

StacyLee 07-21-2009 11:41 PM

Lost a little over a pound this week and I know I should be happy but for as hard as I worked - walked 3 miles 6x, riding the exercise bike regularly, lifting hand weights - and keeping on program, maybe even eating a little less and all I get is ONE pound?!! I suppose the good news is it is in the right direction.

Daisy, JC is committed to hooking you up with a counselor that is a great fit. If you don't click with the counselor you can change -- no problems. I will state that the one I got is fantastic. Helps me focus on the positive, great cheerleader and listener, gives me helpful feedback...although it is a slow go, I really enjoy the weekly sessions.

Going tent camping the next four days. I am not going to eat JC food but I am going to try to eat healthy and exercise - hike, hike and hike some more. If we have some room in the Prius after all the gear and the three of us I will bring the hand weights...we need a bigger car for our camping trips!