Jenny Craig Chat

You're on Page 25 of 35
Go to
  • Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't checked in here in a while. For some reason I thought I did. lol

Medeis, yes, I was talking about the Ellen Degeneres show. Every year she does The 12 Days of Giveaways in December and when we went to her show in February of this year, at the end of the show she invited us all back for one of the 12 Days shows. The audience (us included) went nuts...hugging, screaming and crying. She usually gives away between $1,500 to $3,500 worth of gifts in each show.

On the show we went to, she gave away some great prizes: a Kindle Fire HD, a Sol Republic Wireless speaker, Dr Dre Executive Beats Headphones, a Fitbit watch, a $300 Visa gift card and a $500 Radio Shack gift card! So, with the Radio Shack gift card combined with the Visa gift card, we will finally be able to get a new tv because ours has been nearly unwatchable for the last few months and just getting worse and worse. The rest of the items, although great, I don't really need, so I'm selling them on eBay. I'm hoping to make enough to do my Christmas shopping. I know it won't be enough for the blender I want, but getting Christmas gifts without having to use a credit card for once is a blessing!!

Here's a face weight loss collage I made from when my daughter and I first went to Ellen and on December 9th. I'm happy my eyes are looking bigger and my double chin is going away...

Lyn, so glad to see you back here! And I'm happy that you are back on track. So many people this time of year give up completely and just say they'll start over at the beginning of the year. So you are way ahead of those people.

The 1200 menu was a little hard for me at first with hunger, but I am so used to it now. If I go overboard a bit with the calories, it is amazing how uncomfortably full I'll feel for a couple of hours. I love how our bodies adapt to what we put them through.

Lemondroplet, yes, Medeis it correct. I used to work at Jenny Craig, and I don't understand why that person told you that you can't pick up the food at your center; you totally can! But, given the choice, if you're up for it, it's beneficial to go in. It helps to keep you more accountable to be weighed in on their scale and the consult helps to re-inspire you for the week. It's up to you though. I actually do the at-home program myself, only because being that I used to work there, I know exactly everything that the consultant would tell me, so it would feel a little weird to me. lol Also, please join us in the www.jennycraig.com forum and sign up for the Christmas challenge here: http://community.jennycraig.com/inde...B%26-12290%3B/ Even though Christmas is only about 2 weeks away, still sign up. It really helps to give you extra inspiration and motivation. Plus, right after that one ends, I'll be putting up the Valentine's Day challenge, which will be a nice, long 7-week challenge.

I was a tad bummed to have gone up 0.2 on the scale yesterday for my official weigh in day. But it's only the second time I've had a small gain on weigh in day in the 31 weeks I've been on Jenny. Plus, I already took that 0.2 off plus another 0.2 on this morning's weigh in, so YAY!

I've got a busy next 3 days, so excuse me if you don't check in. I'll be decorating, cleaning, grooming my poodle and going to my nephew's school play today. On Saturday I'll be baking cookies for my sister's Christmas Cookie exchange party on Sunday (where I plan on ONLY having 2 cookies for my snack that day) and taking our Christmas pictures and mailing them out. Then Sunday my husband and I have our weekly movie date day, followed by the cookie exchange party, then I have to come home and bake a cake for my husband's boss's birthday the next day. Lord! I'm exhausted just reading all that!!

Have a great Friday all and a beautiful weekend!
  • Thanks Sandcar I'll try going in-centre for the rest of the month and see how it goes, but it's a bit inconvenient for me to go in weekly :S I'll have to ask again if Im able to only pick up the food in-centre with weekly phone calls. Every person I've talked to at Jenny said I can't do that Maybe 3rd times a charm lol! Thanks for the links! Can't wait for the valentines day challenge to be up I'll give it a shot for the christmas challenge as well! It's great that there's so many people on the boards supporting one another, i love it!
  • You are very welcome, Lemondroplet. See you in the Jenny forum and (hopefully) on the challenge threads. !

I was down 0.2 this morning. Still sticking in the 162 area, but I'm happy.
  • Hi everyone. I am having such a hard time posting at the Jenny board, my posts are not going through, I feel it is not optimal for me and due to the posting issues and slowness I have not been able to really talk with anyone there which is the whole point of a forum. I know Message Boards are going through tumblewood times as of late, it seems to me, but there has to be somewhere a group of people talking about this stuff elsewhere. I'm going to look around.

So first off I am glad you are doing well Sandy and got that 0.2 off.

And hello again to Lemondroplet, I hope you get your food sorted out and Sandy is right, there is a good element of accountability when you have to go in and get weighed.

As for me, I have never been this motivated in my life, I really try to stick to the plan and also with this exercise for the first time this morning I hit Onederland. It was 198.9 on the scale but I am going to call it 199. It was so sudden that I have a feeling my weight might waver a bit again before I lose more. We'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Oh, the Jenny forum has been screwed up for a couple months now, ever since the "fixed it." They should have left well enough alone in my opinion. If the problem you are having is that the post button does not work, try right clicking your mouse on the post button and then click "Open Link in New Tab." A new tab should open for you, taking you to the preview page where you'll be able to submit your post from there. It's such a hassle and many of us have complained, but I've gotten a bit used to it now. Just weird how they haven't fixed it in all this time; like they've forgotten about it.
  • That worked and I am posting now. Thanks!

Today, still at 199. Not sure if I will have the time to exercise as I am working today. I hope you are all doing well and sticking to the plan, whatever the plan is, hehe.
  • hey girls,

I can't believe i'm on the 4th day of my diet and I can barely stick to it :S. I've probably had about 3 of my meals out already! I did try to choose a lighter meal and only eating 1/2 of it... I don't want to tell my family/friends that I'm on this diet - but during this holiday season everyone seems to just want to get together and do nothing but eat! To compensate, I've been trying to get at least 7-10km in on the elliptical everyday.. but when I hop onto the scale I haven't lost anything, or even slightly gained on some days

How do you guys deal with all the social events and eating out during the holidays??
  • New to Forum Day 16 Jenny
    I am new to the forum and wanted to say Hi! I had success with Jenny before. I am a mom of 4 and I am at my highest weight ever. 20 lbs more than 9 month pregnant weight. I have started this as more of a mental journey and it has helped keep me on track. Journalling has been huge for me.

My accomplishments so far are:

Day 6 down 5.6lbs
    Day 13 down 3.6 lbs

I need help getting my ticker on here. Can someone help with instructions? I have all the codes I just dont know where to put them.
  • It's so nice to see more people on here.

Welcome michlove! To get a ticker, click on anyone's ticker and it'll take you the tickerfactory's website where they will give you the easy instructions on how to make a ticker. It's really fun. Congrats on your loss thus far.

Lemondroplet, I've been on the plan for (I believe) 8 months, so I've mastered the social gatherings at this point. I make up my mind what I'm going to allow myself to eat before going, if that's possible, sticking mostly to the protein and veggies served or count calories, which I'm pretty good at after trying to lose weight for 35 years or so. You are starting at such a hard time of year for dieting, but I commend you for that because you will be one step ahead of everyone else come January 1st.

Medeis, good job staying down below 200!

I seem to be stuck in the 162 area...plateaus stink! But I'm hopeful that I'll get over this hump soon.
  • Hi Everyone! Welcome to the group michlove!! Once you have your ticker code go up the top left "UserCP" and then put in your sig. However, there are sig restrictions here for like 20 days, they make you wait. Not sure why.

Hi Lemondroplet, I am not sure how I am going to cope with more of this holiday cheer. So many tasty things around and I am just horrible with snacking and also I am diabetic II. What I did at the salon the other day is I just moved really quickly past the table with the food and went on about my business. I had to tell myself that it was not worth it, that I was not even hungry. It is harder when you are hungry I have noticed. I don't know how else to deal with it, if anyone has hints let me know.

So I am still 198.9 for which I am happy. I seem to be losing slowly though. Oh well at least it is going down and staying down. I am still on plan and writing down everything I eat for now and trying to stay around 1200 calories. Plus I exercise every night on the stationary bike.

That's it for me! Hope to see you all tomorrow!
  • Thanks for all the words of wisdom/advice & support Sandcar & Medeis! I really really appreciate it! That is a really great tip! I noticed I am also weak when I see baked goods/pastries - I will start trying to not even glance at all the goodies! It is definitely hard during the holidays - i already counted another 8 events I have to be at in the next 2 weeks! Sigh..

Just curious, it seems like the menu has a LOT of food on it - is it absolutely necessary to eat everything listed? like the fruit/yogurt portion?
  • Good morning! I am 199.1 this morning. Ugh because I was 198.3 yesterday. But I did drink a lot of water. I would start weighing myself once a week except I am afraid I would slack off.

Hi Lemondroplet, that's the ticket, don't even look at it. We are having an event at work today so I decided to work from home today, luckily I have that option. I don't trust myself, lol. As for the fruit/yogurt portion I don't see why you would need to eat that. And you are right, the menu does have a lot of food. Also the food is somewhat high in carbs and sugars. What I did was I got a booklet called "DietMinder" and I write in there exactly what I am eating, when, and how many calories it is. I use that as a gauge to determine if I can have an extra snack or not.

So I have made up my Christmas menu for myself and hubby. We really tried to choose reasonable meals that are not too caloric. I am glad I am planning ahead for that day. Do you all have any plans for the holidays?
  • Hello all! Sorry for not posting in here for a few days. As much as I enjoy the holiday season, I get to where I'm starting to wish they would come an go already at this point. Very stressful!

But the goodies are not bothering me this year as much as in season's past. Most likely because I've been on Jenny for over 8 months now, so I'm on automatic. lol But, on those days I do get extra hungry, I drink green tea constantly. I love tea, so it almost feels like a snack for me and helps to trick your tummy into feeling like you're eating something. If you don't like green tea, any tea will do. They have some really nice flavored ones, even chocolate from Numi!

I had a bit of a Christmas miracle this morning...I got to see a 1 after the 6 on my scale!!! After fluctuating for so long in the 162s, I was overjoyed to see 161.8 this morning. It may go up tomorrow for all I know, but today will be a good day. lol

I wish the same for all of you as well!
  • Good morning! Congrats on your Christmas miracle Sandy, lol, that is great!

Well I am getting used to being hungry. *sigh* Anyhow, I'm at 198.6 this morning and that is after doing 40 min on the stationary bike last night. Tonight I am busy so won't get in any exercise. I have to wonder if I am building muscle which is why my weight is the same now for 7 days. I am fitting into my clothes better so I am really happy about that.

I hope you all have a great day!
  • Medeis, when I was stuck in the 162 area, my clothes continued to get looser as well. That's how it always works for me: when the scale is dropping, I don't notice my clothes feeling any looser. But when I'm on a plateau for a while, my clothes start feel way to big. I think the body just needs to catch up.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a drop of 0.8 on the scale this morning. What the...? Guess my weight loss is making up for lost time. And my sister, who hasn't seen a 1 in front of her weight in more than 9 years hit one-derland this morning...198.8 to be exact. She was ecstatic when she called to tell me, and I was ecstatic for her as well. Now, if I can just get to 150-land by Christmas, I'll be twice as ecstatic.