Jenny Craig Chat

You're on Page 23 of 35
Go to
  • So glad that you joined that forum and that I'll be seeing you around that board. Yes, portion control today is a good start.

After holding steady at 167 for 3 days, I finally had a drop...a big ol' 0.2!! LOL But I have a feeling I'm due for a whoosh from the whoosh fairy this week.
  • YES!!! The Whoosh Fairy cometh and granted me a loss of one whole pound from yesterday. I'll gladly pass her over to you ladies for a couple of days, but I'll need her back on Thursday morning for my official weigh in.

Have a great week!
  • Sweet! Another 0.2 off this morning! Hard to believe that I've lost almost 70 pounds from from heaviest weight with only a little more than 15 to go before I hit goal.
  • Another pound down, and today is official weigh in day. I'm down 2.4 for the week! Can you say "stoked"? Because that's what I'll be all day long. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow, Lyn.
  • I disappeared. I had a hard time since I was last here. My friend came over and we baked and essentially I did really badly. So last Friday I went and saw a dietitian and I am back on JC food and following a good plan with some exercise too. I had gone up to 206 a week ago after the binge and today I am down to 202.5. I am feeling really good about this challenge now and I think this is the time for me to really settle in with this diet. I felt I could come back here and actually stick to my goals now. :] I'll also try the JC board again.
  • That's great to hear, Medeis! Looking forward to seeing you on the other board as well.
  • Thank you! I read about your weight losses and I find that very encouraging. I will hopefully be posting mine too. Do you weigh in every other day? Or every day?
  • I weigh in daily, but I do it expecting to see ups and downs and can handle them well. I'm looking forward to you posting your progress, too.
  • Thanks, I was up late working last night, I had to work to 2am. So I ate a bit more and today I weigh 202.7.

I am not looking forward to all the food tomorrow. I will try to keep portion control in mind. We're going over to my friend's house in PA. The one who did all the baking with me. Luckily I know she'll put out lots of veggies.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
  • Yes, tomorrow will be a challenge. Thanksgiving used to be one of my biggest pigging out holiday, but I intend to change that ritual starting tomorrow. I want to leave the table feeling comfortably satisfied and no more, even after eating my small piece of pie that I am allowing myself. I don't want to wake up the next morning, knowing I'll have to weigh in for the Christmas challenge and be up a couple of pounds.

All my best to you tomorrow and throughout the challenge. You, too, Lyn!
  • Hello to you both, and welcome Medeis! Well, I have been off JC for a few weeks, but back on after returning from our holiday in Bali. It was so wonderful! I ate and drank far too much, and was quite frightened of the scales when I got back... But an awful bout of food poisoning (which kicked in on the plane back - worst flight ever!) took care of that! In all, I only put on about a pound. Phew!
  • Lyn, I'm so glad that you had a good time on vacation. But I'm sorry to hear you got food poisoning, even though it did help with the weight gain. Glad to have you back here, too.

I was down 0.4 this week, but I'll take it since for some reason I gained a bit during the earlier part of the week, so I'm happy with any loss at the end. It's exciting to be getting so close to goal. Now I have to be a good girl today and not blow all my hard work.

Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

• Hiya Lyndality...Lyn! Wow Bali for 2 weeks, that is great you had a good time and only gained a pound, sorry to hear about the bout of food poisoning though.

Congrats to you Sandcar for being down .4, hey any loss is good!

We had a great Thanksgiving with friends who really cooked up a feast and sent us home with a few leftovers, I said sure to some turkey breast and some extras for hubby and we had those yesterday. But I am down now to 202. I should put that in my sig or side panel thingy. I did not want to update it as I thought maybe Thanksgiving would ruin everything but actually I just tried to portion control and stick to raw items so...whew. Now back to JC this morning and I'll see how things go. Hmmmm....I think maybe onederland is a possibility around the corner if I add in some exercise.
  • Way to go, Medeis! You'll be in onederland before you know it.

I did portion control myself on Thanksgiving and ended up staying the same weight the next morning. That's never happened the day after Thanksgiving. And I, too, can't wait to start exercising again tomorrow.
  • Hello! Yes, I need to exercise more too. My calories have been cut drastically, hence my 101.5 yesterday (today is 101.7). I attribute the changes to the vagaries of water. But I am down and that must be from cutting out calories. Now if I could only add some exercise to the mix, that would really start the ball rolling. I have been doing these 10 minute chair exercises since I am really deconditioned. I think I will start the stationary bike tonight with the hope I can get on the treadmill by the end of the week, that is my goal at any rate.