3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Jenny Craig Chat

Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #151

S/C/G: 217/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone... just popping my head in to say hello!

I've been on JC for almost a year now. I've lost about 45 pounds in that time. I'm starting to get a little sick of the food and have plateaued in the last month but I'm not giving up. I'm on summer vacation now (I'm a teacher) so I get to really focus on exercise and spend more time "volumizing" my meals creatively!

Good luck everyone!
LauraLoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #152

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi! It's good to see others on JC, it is such a great program!

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #153

S/C/G: 178/164.2/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the boards, but not to Jenny. I joined last spring, lost 22lbs, surpassing my halfway point and then just stopped. Life got in the way I guess. Anyway, I put on some pounds so here I am back to Jenny. This time I promised myself I'd reach goal. I'm sad to see some of my favorite meals have bit the bullet but some of the new ones aren't too shabby. I've also started p90x. Today was the end of my second week! I'm in a wedding Labor Day Weekend, so I mean business this time around!

Hope everyone is enjoying the start to their summer!
KScrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #154

S/C/G: 360/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hey there everyone. I joined JC 2 months ago and I lost 28 pound so far. I like it alot and its a change from other diets I have been on since they basically give you 85% of the food you need to eat daily. Now heres my problem at the moment- of course my family is doing a big 4th of July barbeque. I dont want to feel left out not eating the same foods that they are. I figured that maybe I can healthify some foods that they are eating. I was thinking of a turkey buger that I can make and some healthy side. If anyone has some recipes for the side dishes or even of different spices I can use in the turkey burger it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Short Term Goal

Last edited by krissy1319 : 07-01-2010 at 07:24 PM.
krissy1319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #155

S/C/G: [url=http://www.TickerFactory.

Hey everyone. Im new to JC and into my second week. Weigh in is on Sunday. I was wondering if anyone else does the Lunch and Dinner with Jenny and does their own Breakfast and snacks? Was wondering if we could share what we substitute in place of the Breakfast, Anytime Bar and the two snacks. Any suggestions keeping with the calorie count?
naenae52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #156

S/C/G: 174.8/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Hi all! I've been reading through this thread and I was just curious if I could get some info...I can't afford to join jenny (though I'd love to!) but I was wondering if there was a way to do a generic jenny craig? like could I use lean cuisine, smart ones, healthy choice etc meals instead? use them 3 x's a day and have fruit for snacks etc? would that even be remotely comparable to jenny? What kind of exercise does jenny craig encourage? a certain amount a day or something? anyway, any advice on doing a makeshift version of jenny craig would be welcome.. I'm so ready to lose some weight but I never have time to make home cooked meals with my 12 hour shifts at work so frozen meals would be perfect for me (and I like the taste of them anyway) but I wasn't sure about snacks and exercise and any other tidbits I would be missing from the real jenny program, thanks!

5'3" Mother to 4

Just say NO to Gluten! Gluten free since 11/1/12

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #157

S/C/G: 216/216/150

Height: 5'4"

hi all....I am new to JC this week. this is day 4. hungry day today, so have to get thru it. seems like not as much food today, but I'm sure it's just the same. I will lose 61 lbs. So, will be on the program for a while, and ok with that. good luck to everyone on your journey!!!
Terry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #158

S/C/G: 317/317/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to do a generic jenny craig? like could I use lean cuisine, smart ones, healthy choice etc meals instead? use them 3 x's a day and have fruit for snacks etc? would that even be remotely comparable to jenny? What kind of exercise does jenny craig encourage? a certain amount a day or something? anyway, any advice on doing a makeshift version of jenny craig would be welcome..
I was wondering something similar myself. Not only does the cost make me shy away...it makes me cringe to have to go in and talk to someone or to call someone and discuss my weight. @ least online you have some kind of anonymity. Anyone have any suggestions for someone w/ anxiety about actually having to discuss their weight?
NurseJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #159

S/C/G: 205/205/135

Height: 5'6

I did Jenny 2 years ago when I weighed 183, I lost 35lbs in 4 months. I didn't finish out the program because the cost no longer fit into my budget. So here I am 2 years later and 205lbs(my heaviest) and in the next couple of weeks ill be heading back to Jenny.

When I first started 2 years ago I felt really anxious about talking to someone about my weight and someone else seeing it, but it turned out to be my favorite day of the week when weigh in came around. The ladies are so friendly and my consultant was a former fatty herself and lost all her weight on Jenny, they make you feel so comfortable and not ashamed at all. They are there to help you and encourage you, that's what really helped me lose weight, I felt if the numbers on the scale didn't go down I would let my consultant down, but even when my weight only went down .3 she made me feel like I had just lost 20lbs. If you can afford it(yes it is pricey) I recommend Jenny. I also tried nutrisystem but the food is AWFUL compared to Jennys.
LoveAlwaysK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #160

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!! I've been doing Jenny since November and honestly have been struggling the past few weeks, but I haven't gained any weight... without my consultant, I'm sure I would have given up and gained some of the weight back. I love the program.

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #161

S/C/G: 167/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Wednesday will mark week 2 on JC. I really like my consultant... the first conversation she didn't even ask my weight. Just how much I wanted to lose. The next week we discussed how I felt the week went and to see if I lost weight. We talked about eating habits and how JC was helping. A little chat about work & pets. And, of course the food.

autumnlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #162

Default Thinking about joining

Hello everyone. I'm somewhat new to this board. i'm thinking of joining JC. I know its expensive and all, but i've tried just about every program out there and this seems to be the best fit. My only concern is that I am in sales so i'm on the road every day. Breakfast wouldn't be a problem, but depending on where I am or what customers I'm with, lunch and dinner could be an issue. Is this something the counselors work with you on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
DEB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #163
ZOOOOM!!!

S/C/G: 185/185/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEB57 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm somewhat new to this board. i'm thinking of joining JC. I know its expensive and all, but i've tried just about every program out there and this seems to be the best fit. My only concern is that I am in sales so i'm on the road every day. Breakfast wouldn't be a problem, but depending on where I am or what customers I'm with, lunch and dinner could be an issue. Is this something the counselors work with you on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Deb. I had my consultation yesterday and started Jenny today. The consultation is free so there would be no risk for you to go ask these questions. The program includes a dinning out guide so you know what to order if you have a meal at a restaurant. Also Jenny has salad dressing in little packs. My counselor suggested that whenever I went out to lunch I order a salad w/o dressing and bring a Jenny salad dressing with me.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide!
KontheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #164

Thank you Kontheway. My appt is friday morning and i'm excited to start.
DEB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #165
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

good morning Jenny ladies, and those thinking about Jenny!

I started Jenny in February, and lost 43.3 pounds in 19 weeks, and I wasn't perfect on plan all the time... when July came around, I took time off because I was just going to lake bbqs and wanting to drink with my friends. Now that school is back in and the lake is quieting down, it's time to get back to being serious again.

I was terrified to step back on my scale the other day, but I was actually one pound less than where I had left off... I guess my activity balanced out all the calories i was eating and drinking... so I am going to be good this weekend and then head back to Jenny on Tuesday.

to those of you who are thinking about Jenny, but the price is a deterrent, the basic formula for a day (I am on the 1200 calorie plan) is this:

*breakfast (calorie range in the low 100s to low 200s)
dairy serving (milk, yogurt)
fruit

*anytime bar (110 calories, protein bar, or dairy serving)

*lunch (calorie range in the lower to upper 200s)
salad with about 60 calories of low fat dressing

fruit

*dinner (calorie range in the upper 200s to upper 300s)
veggies

*snack (about 100 calories)

I have mixed up some of my days so each day doesn't equal up to exactly 1200 calories, but it all evens out for the week. It would be pretty easy to follow that plan, using your own foods. If you should be on a higher calorie plan, I think you're supposed to add another dairy serving, a "fat" serving... I don't remember, maybe somebody else here is on that plan and can fill in.

naenae- I have done my own breakfast and snacks a couple weeks... I bought a box of Cheerios and just had them every morning with skim milk and a fruit... any cereal will do, as long as you do the math to keep the calories to around 100-140 calories. for anytime bars, I have substituted string cheese, lean lunch meat, cottage cheese, some black beans with a dollop of ff sour cream... basically about 100 calories of a lean protein. snacks are everywhere, the 100 calorie packs of nabisco treats, skinny cow desserts, there are even 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn... I have substituted a glass of wine for my snack before, too.

spryng- Jenny recommends that you get a pedometer and walk at least 10,000 steps a day... but really they just want to see that you were moving, really... I would go kayaking, swimming or do a couple hours of yardwork... doesn't add up the steps, but burns lots of calories and that worked great for me.

Nurse- I am sorry, I don't have any advice really... but like LoveAlways said... I will let you know that every JC Counselor I have talked to have been extremely nice and understanding... they know why you're there, they want to help... they also get to know your personality and get to know what kind of encouragement you individually need. good luck

DEB- how did it go?

whew, that was a lot. maybe I should become a JCC

-Vince Lombardi

Last edited by HokieLoki : 09-17-2010 at 09:29 AM.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.