Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default WonderSlim Questions

Ok, so some of you really have me intrigued by WonderSlim. I like the ideas behind Medifast, but I just couldn't stick to a low carb diet, and let's face it, it really doesn't taste good. I googled "WonderSlim" and got to page 10 before I gave up, there just isn't any good information (that I could find) about this diet! So I turn to you, the wonderful 3 Fat Chicks Community for some guidance on this...

1. Is WonderSlim a low carb diet or perhaps a high protein, low calorie diet?
2. Is it very restrictive like Medifast (as in, if I eat a peach, a piece of bread, etc., I will now be "off plan" and have to start all over)?
3. I am a pretty picky eater, does it really taste good? What do you personally like? Is the cheesecake really as good as everyone says?
4. I was thinking of trying 2 weeks so I would have a few days to try the food, and if I like it, I can order more and receive it before I run out. I noticed that 2 week starter kit is actually more expensive than just buying 8 shakes/puddings, 2 proteins supplements, and 2 boxes of protein bars at an average of $10/box, total of about $120 vs. $150. Is it worth it to buy the starter kit so I get the guides and meal plans?

Thanks for your help!
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #2  

Well i just started three days ago, so i'll answer the questions as best i can..

1. Is WonderSlim a low carb diet or perhaps a high protein, low calorie diet?
It seems to be a combination of both but with an emphasis on extra protein to keep your energy high. *i've noticed ingredients like soy in a lot of different foods.

2. Is it very restrictive like Medifast (as in, if I eat a peach, a piece of bread, etc., I will now be "off plan" and have to start all over)?
No, its made in a wya where you can half fruit while ur on the diet. like for breakfast you can have a wonderslim meal and a fruit with (i think) like a slice of bread or something. but yes, you could have normal food as you eat the wonderslim food.

3. I am a pretty picky eater, does it really taste good? What do you personally like? Is the cheesecake really as good as everyone says?
I was skeptical at first, but on my first taste, i was like "oh, not bad.. not to bad at all" in fact, i was sorta craving the chocolate pudding this morning :P

4. I was thinking of trying 2 weeks so I would have a few days to try the food, and if I like it, I can order more and receive it before I run out. I noticed that 2 week starter kit is actually more expensive than just buying 8 shakes/puddings, 2 proteins supplements, and 2 boxes of protein bars at an average of $10/box, total of about $120 vs. $150. Is it worth it to buy the starter kit so I get the guides and meal plans?
Buy whatever you can afford.. if you buy the two week starter, you may run out of food before the second shipment comes in (assuming you like it).

good luck. hopefully i answered your questions.
OnTheGrind is offline   Reply With Quote