Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #151  
Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blw View Post
Just checking in..down just over 12 lbs in 2 weeks.

Brenda

Woo Hoo!!! 12 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are amazing!!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 323/300/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang480 View Post
Ok....so I feel like I'm the only one complaining here Last night I had the orange roughy, which was okay. Well, the cous cous was not okay, but anyway.... This morning I had the bagel. I was starving all the way until lunch, when I had the turkey sandwich with tomato and mushroom salad. To me the sandwich and salad were both pretty gross, but I was so starving I ate them anyways. Ok, then I was starving until dinner, when I had the tamale pie. I took one bite of it and threw it out. It was SO spicy!! Even besides the spice, I didn't like the flavor at all.

I'm getting discouraged, maybe this isn't for me
Don't get discouraged at this early stage. Play around with the different plans and see if you can find something you like.

I feel the same way as you do about the low fat diet plan. It is carbohydrate heavy, and although sometimes my husband and I switch meals (I am on the low carb plan), I tend to get really hungry after eating his breakfasts. On the low carb plan, I never got hungry between meals when doing dtg for the entire day.

The low carb plan is quite restrictive but you will see results and since the meals are (basically) nothing but protein and vegetables, you will feel satisfied and healthy. Compare breakfast options in the low carb plan: omelets, vegetables, sausage links, etc. The low fat plan is usually some type of waffle, muffin, yougurt, etc.

I am switching to the vegetarian plan (dinners only) for a week or two to see how I like it. The menu looks interesting. There does seem to be enough protein in that plan, but it does contain carbohydrates in the form of beans, etc.

And remember that you can select your favorite meals in your plan and double up to avoid eating meals you do not like. There is a fifty cent charge to do this.

Good luck.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #153  

Well said Woserit. Excellent advice!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #154  

I wouldn't mind trying the low carb plan...but now I'm stuck with this week of food plus they are shipping out another week of low fat food on Monday. I don't know what I'll do after that. Another gripe I have is I don't see an ingredient list for the muffins. I need to know if they have sugar alcohols in them because if I eat that and then go out....well, that will be a disaster. I'm scared to eat them because I don't know what's in them. ::sigh::
Old 03-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #155  
Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang480 View Post
I wouldn't mind trying the low carb plan...but now I'm stuck with this week of food plus they are shipping out another week of low fat food on Monday. I don't know what I'll do after that. Another gripe I have is I don't see an ingredient list for the muffins. I need to know if they have sugar alcohols in them because if I eat that and then go out....well, that will be a disaster. I'm scared to eat them because I don't know what's in them. ::sigh::
Did you ask their dietician?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #156  

No, I'll have to do that. Are they available on the weekends?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #157  
blw

Mustang - I don't think the customer staff is there on the weekend. Send them a message, so they'll have it 1st thing on monday.

I noticed you're not eating some items. Be sure you're getting enough calories for the day. Eat something healthy for the items in place of what you're not eating. Under the menus on the web site, (or somewhere) you'll find the calorie amount for each meal. Just my 2 cents.

My first week, I was starving the 1st three days. A couple of the meals, I could have done without, but I ate them anyway. Found the meatloaf sandwich gross. Last nights dinner was white fish and it was really good. Not fishy at all. Shared the steamed baby carrots with the dog. Will be going out to dinner tonight and will have a tostada.

When I finish the 5 weeks of low cal, I might change to the vegg plan. Not sure yet. I'm enjoying the variety of DTG. At least I'm not eating a plain grilled piece of chicken every night.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #158  

Hi Ladies!

I'm new here, but not new to DTG, been on and off of the plan since '05. This is the first time I am trying the LoCarb though, I had previously been on the Low Fat and Vegetarian, with no results . I have also tried a few other delivery plans, but the food and pricing on DTG is far better!
I think I have a severe intolerance to Carbs, either know I have been tested for all kinds of illnesses and only diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (which kicks my butt regularly energy and weight-loss wise).
Anyway! Here is a question for those of you on LoCarb:
Do you add snacks in between the meals, and what do you snack on?

I only ask because I do jog 4 miles 4-5 days a week and I'm wondering if I will feel tired or "off" due to lack of carbs (I had tried Atkins a long time ago and felt so bizarre on the plan)

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #159  

Hey Star welcome!

You sound an awful lot like me. I am also Hypothyroid with Hashimoto's. I also have low cortisol and very low acth levels. I am severely insulin resistant as well. My doctor says I am lucky that I am only complaining of about 50 pounds or so because most women with my readings would have much more weight to lose. I never do GREAT on low fat plans. I have lost weight with Jenny Craig but it was never much and I always wondered why (I think JC is a decent program but the food is not as wonderful as Diet To Go's Low Carb). I kept wondering why I could never really drop the way I should. I tried a few other low fat plans and still not much weight loss.

I hit pay dirt when I discovered Diet To Go's Low Carb plan. I was shocked actually. Not only was I not hungry for the first time ever in my life, but I felt none of that awful shakiness or spiking that I got with the low fat plans. I also began to drop weight very fast! I was able to go to the bathroom like you are supposed to every day without using anything and that was a first (my doc explained that carbs can cause a lot of constipation and I can attest to that)! My GERD was reduced a lot! I mean a lot! If you do the research online, you will find that low carb plans are the best way to go for people with severe GERD and heartburn (I have actually been miserable since doing this low fat plan as my GERD is out of control again so I am back to popping the Prilosec and Zantac again).

I could go for hours and be OK without any snacks, but because I am insulin resistant, I would eat a string cheese or have a cup of hot cocoa if I wanted in between (yes the cocoa is carbs, but not much in the whole scheme of things and a cup of delicious cocoa can last and last and I use Lactaid fat Free Milk to give it a boost). If I did have a bad day where I was extra hungry and didn't feel like the string cheese, I would scramble up some eggs or have a few Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties which are yummy. I keep those in the house because they are low crab and taste every bit as good as regular sausage and cook right up in the microwave (though I like to sizzle them in a pan after I zap them).

Even though they say snacks are not to be eaten, most of us find our own comfort zone because we are not one size fits all. Also diabetics and people like me cannot go hours without something or our blood sugar will plummet. I get that a lot less on low carbs (in fact I didn't feel like I even needed to snack on the low carb plan), but like I said, the string cheese, the turkey sausage, a low carb chocolate bar and stuff like that has gotten me through in between. Hope that helps.

Oh and Mustang, simply call them on Monday and remind them that you are the girl who got sent the wrong food. Explain to them that you want to continue on the plan, but you can already tell you are not going to like the low fat plan because the food has been awful for you. Let them know that you had heard that the low carb might be the one you would be most happy with and that you dread the idea of going another week on the low fat now that you have tried it. That it's just not for you. Simply tell them that you want them to send the low carb plan instead and that they were going to send you a free week due to their error, so can they send you that one. That if there is any chance at all to switch now, you really want to do so before it is shipped out. You may get lucky and then again you may not if everything is already packaged up and ready to ship. Worst case scenario is that you get a week of free low fat food next week and actually next week looks good on that plan (food looks good).

Keep in mind that the low carb plan is more expensive because you are getting a much more decadent selection (prime rib, short ribs, yummy omelets and quiche...stuff like that). If you are not offended by meat or a strict vegetarian which I am guessing at this point you are not, you may fall in love with the low carb like some of us have. You will have to try it and see. Good luck and keep the faith!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #160  

Wow, thanks Princess! Your post is very inspiring to me. This is my 2nd day on the LoCarb and I do feel satisfied for about 4 hours or so, but then I get REAL munchy right before the next meal, and being a snacker at heart I did buy a thingie of fresh mozzerella balls, sugar free yogurt and sugar free fudge bars. Its the mozzerella balls that are saving me. But the food is fab! Its much better than I thought it would be, even the veggies, and I avoid all non-salad veggie servings, normally.
I know what you mean about the "backed up" thing. At one point in my life, I had a stressful job and had the opposite issue with IBS, but the past 2 years its just the opposite, its almost a joke. SO, I am looking forward to regulating a bit!
The only thing I see they shipped this week, that I remember eating and disliking, is the cioppini seafood medly. Is it just as awful as I remember? It totally reminded me of like, the giant octupus in Popeye the movie. Almost frightening. I won't eat anything that may suction itself to the inside of my mouth.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #161  

That's too funny. Yeah I am not a major fan of the Cioppino, but actually it's not too bad (it's not a fave rave for me either though). I just substitute what I don't like. Next week I made 5 substitutions and they never charge me which is great. I am getting an extra prime rib and an extra short rib with some yummy omelets instead of the quiches. I love how the low carb is basically a chemical reaction so you can eat some higher calorie foods and still lose as if you were eating low calorie low fat stuff. In fact it seems to make the fat burn off faster.

I love making those Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties because they are so delicious and even better than the regular kind (and I am a major sausage lover)! You can have 2 nice big patties for only 120 calories or so and only 1 carb in the whole serving! Sometimes if I get extra hungry, I will scramble up some eggs with two patties and that's still under 250 calories and no carbs. I mainly snack on string cheese and chocolate milk or hot cocoa. I do love those Ross Sugar Free Milk Chocolate bars as they are low carb and yummy. The ChocoPerfection Low Carb bars are very nice, but insanely priced! I can't wait until week after next because we get that Andouille Sausage and I swear that is the most decadent and delicious sausage I have ever tasted in my life (I'm doubling up on that one for sure). Huge spicy, delicious link that is to die for (love the veggies with that too). I hear you on the veggies. I can't get over the sauces they use and everything taste to fresh and yummy! My favorite is the finely chopped and sauteed spinach (not a huge Cauliflower fan though). I NEVER ate veggies. In fact I always felt like an alien because I naturally do not like them but with this plan (the low carb), I was eating tons and it's all tasty and good for me!

I can't wait to get back to the low carb plan because I admit I have been so derailed here. For me one carb leads to another and soon I am doing what I did yesterday (bought a bag of those Gardetto Special Request All Rye Crisps)! Arggh. Apparently I have no darn control here with carbs so back to the drawing board it seems. I am going to be taking Natrol's Carb Intercept as well to make up for the Cocoa and stuff like that.

It's tougher for people like us with thyroid issues but we can do it!
Old 03-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 323/300/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blw View Post
Mustang - I don't think the customer staff is there on the weekend. Send them a message, so they'll have it 1st thing on monday.
Just FYI, customer service is available on Saturday's until noon.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #163  
99 lbs. Gone!

I'm new to DTG and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and taste of the food. I'm getting the low-carb, lunch and dinner only 5 days per week plan. I'm not on low-carb per se, but find that low carb for lunch and dinner stick with me longer.

I dislike fish, but decided to try the crab stuffed flounder and will not be getting anymore fish meals! I do, however, like shrimp -- is the Pascale Creole Shrimp Stew good?

I tried eDiets meal delivery and was disappointed. The food was just too carb heavy and didn't satisfy me.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #164  

I'm not impressed with Cioppino stews so I always substitute on those, but their salmon dishes are delicious! You will be really missing out if you say no to those! The Catfish is also quite good, however the salmon is one of my favorite things from Diet To Go! It's good stuff!

I have to agree about the quality. The Low Carb food is some of the highest quality food I have ever had in the diet world period. I am genuinely surprised by the low fat plan though because I had heard the food was good, but I'm not feeling it here. The low fat plan and the low carb plan are night and day to me (and I'm not talking the principles behind them either).

I've had horrible digestive stuff since I began the low fat plan. At first I thought it was just a bad day or two, but it's nearly everyday for me! Never had any of this on the low carb plan at all. All the sandwiches are a strange sort of spread that you heat up and the meatloaf was like a gross pate or something. All the fruit cups are like mush and the accompanying salads are awful to me. Oh how I wanted to sing the praises of the low fat plan because it saves me almost $120.00 a month, but I can't in all good consciousness do that because that's definitely not been MY experience. I was so happy about the savings too darn't!

Last edited by PrincessDietMuch; 03-09-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #165  
99 lbs. Gone!

I just don't care for fish -- especially salmon -- even tuna! So it's best if I substitute another meal.

I was thinking about changing to the low-fat plan, but I'm glad I came here before changing! Like I said, I'm not low-carbing, but the low-carb meals are still reasonable in calories. And I know they'll keep me satisfied longer than a carb rich meal. That's one of the reasons why I couldn't stick with eDiets -- I was starving right after eating.

Have you thought about trying just the lunch and dinner option, Princess? That's what I'm doing. I've never had a problem with breakfast (usually a cappucino shake) and I can fend for myself two days per week on the 5-day plan. Makes it a lil more affordable.

Last edited by ToutDeSuite; 03-09-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Closed Thread