Anybody else try Freshology GetSlim??

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I can assure you that I am a real person who does NOT work for the company (I wish!).
    I'm 50, short, and come from a long genetic line of soft marshmallow endomorphs, hence my username. When I was younger, I could stay on restrictive diets and lose weight. As I aged, I didn't have the motivation to crash diet anymore. I've never been one for structured diets, as they turn me into a rebellious teenager ("you will NOT take my food away from me!"). I also hate to shop and cook, so I refuse to do the high prep diets like Weight Watchers. Nutrisystem's processed food is horrible. I had read about this diet years ago, but at that time it wasn't available in my state. The shipping costs were also astronomical. In June I received an email with a free shipping offer, so I decided that was the time to give it a try.
    Since my first month, I have renewed TWICE, for 3 months at a time! I just renewed for the second 3 month course. This food is fresh, delicious, varied, beautifully and carefully prepared. The menus are so varied (they don't repeat for 45 days) that I never get bored or develop cravings. The secret to its success is portion control, and it follows a balanced protein, carb, low fat profile. My favorite dinner meals have fish- they cook fish fabulously. All of their lunches are great (today I had a vietnamese beef wrap with jicama-orange-cabbage salad) and I also like all of the breakfasts except the muffin (it's dry). Tomorrow I'm having french toast with syrup, sausage and fruit!
    I, quite frankly, am stunned that I have been able to follow this plan. It is painless. I have gone from a size 14P pants to a 10P. The weight loss for me has been slow and steady, as I don't exercise and have postponed it twice for trips.
    In summary, this has been my lifesaver. I feel so much better physically and mentally because of the good nutrition, and it's nice to not feel like a stuffed sausage in my pants.
    The downside? The cost!
  • you've never heard of it before? all the celebrities are talking about it, and its in tons of magazine articles. I am, like jetpuffed, actually on the diet. Although I may have just started, and therefore just started my posting, i can tell you that its really great and that i love what its doing for me. I have only lost a few pounds so far, but its doing more for me than that. I feel healthier and like I'm doing something good for myself which means a lot for my confidence and well being. My favorite is when they include the fruit in the meals- i usually buy fruit for my house and never finish it because it comes in such large quantities and goes bad- they give just the perfect amount!
  • Debbieonadiet: Don't you just LOVE the food?! This is the way all humans should eat!!!!! I could eat their food forever. I'd love to hear your impressions as you continue. The weight loss isn't fast, but it is steady.
  • To the person who commented that responses re: Freshology's GetSlim are canned or somehow untruthful, I take offense. First, I disagree that the eight examples you mentioned (me included) were "all around the same time" -- in fact they go from August 2008 through October 2009. Half of them are in the first quarter of 2009, which whould not suprise you since we tend to be more focussed/give more effort to weight loss/start a new program early in the year (New Year's resolutions, etc.). Second, yes, I only wrote once. I only did the program for one month last Spring because that was all I could afford. I absolutely LOVED it. And I lost about 10 pounds in that month. Since then, I have tried a variety of prgorams/ways to keep off that weight loss and have more or less done so (even spent two weeks at a really amazing fitness retreat called Mountain Trek in British Columbia for their turkey burner program over the holidays). Bottom line is, though, I haven't lost much more than where I ended up after stopping Freshology the first time, so guess what? I just signed up again for a month with them to try and jumpstart the next 10 pounds! That's a long way to say that my response was legitimate and I'm sure the others are too that have said favorable things, since I agree with them wholeheartedly. As for not "blogging" all the time or giving updates... not to be rude, but I really have limited free time and I'm not frequent to this site, so I just never thought about it/got around to posting any further feedback.
  • Wow, I went and looked at this and they are in my area, for $43/day!! Yikes.

Although looks to be a moot point, doesn't look like they even have a vegetarian menu let alone a vegan menu.
  • I tried it

When you fill out your order, you can select from a list of foods that you don't want, which includes beef, lamb, poultry, etc etc. By deselecting any animal products you can receive vegetarian meals. But I don't think it would be worth the high cost. When I tried it I was eating mainly plant foods but some seafood. One meal contained Chilean sea bass which is a very expensive fish. Oh gosh it was good! Everything I tried was delicious. However, they did accidentally send one chicken meal which I had deselected.

Overall, Freshology was the best tasting and highest quality meal delivery program I've ever tried, and I've tried almost all of them (not as a way of life but because I review them). If I could have afforded to keep it, I would have.
  • Freshology is Simple!
    I know this is my first full day of Freshology get slim silver, the flash-frozen plan. I absolutely loved the food and felt full. I didn't feel hungry at all. I have my own business and work too many days and hours, so I don't have time to plan and fix meals. I am divorced so I don't have to cook for anyone. I had stopped cooking for myself along time ago. I can't believe how much weight I have gained by eating out in restaurants and fast food. I was amazed by all of the healthy ingredients in these meals. I tried "nutri...." a while ago, but I didn't like that at all. This feels like how everyone should eat all of the time. I am willing to stay on this for awhile. A friend made me weigh myself and I will keep posting my loss on here. Everyone tells me that I am pretty, but I have more than 100 pounds to lose. I think this is the answer to what I have been looking for. In the past, I have worked out with personal trainers, but I have never had the diet down. I am an emotional eater. Anyway, I am really optimistic that this is going to work. I appreciate my friends that are trying to be supportive. Thank you. Even though they don't know about this post. I am doing this for my health also. This will be worth every penny that Freshology charges.
  • I just ordered freshology Get Slim Gold yesterday. My first box should arrive on the 1st or 2nd. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!
  • I do not recommend Freshology at all. Their customer service is a joke. If you have any delivery issues, as I did with the food no longer cold and therefore no longer safe to eat, the Freshology policy is do not under any circumstances admit fault and offer a refund or even a credit. They take the line the food was delivered - not our fault - we use the #1 delivery service. Yes, they offered to make sure future deliveries arrived on time - but took no responsibility for the problem delivery.

My advise - avoid Freshology like the plague!
  • i'm new to the whole diet-blog world, but i figured i'd give it a shot to get some encouragement and read success stories. which is exactlyy why I wanted to share mine, i'm hopeful it'll inspire you the way some of your stories have inspired me.
    This past summer, i tried GetSlim Silver, the Freshology program you get delivered once a week. I have to say, once I adjusted to the portions, i was absolutely in LOVE. I'm a recent college grad, and for anyone who has gone to college you know how easy it is to fall into the cafeteria food and weekend beer drinking routine. As part of my grad present, I asked to go on the diet so that I could feel confident during my job interviews. Well, needless to say my wish came true and my parents bought me a 1 month package (28 days i think), and i would do it allllll over again. I lost 3 pounds my first week, and the weight continued to shed. I felt better in my bikini as each week passed, and was so sad it had to end. Since then i've been trying to save the money to go back on the program, but the best part is i've done a good job keeping the weight off (give or take a pound). Im doing a better job at understanding how much you should really eat during a meal, and the best foods to get your calories out of. truly an enlightening experience.
  • Quote: Wow, I went and looked at this and they are in my area, for $43/day!! Yikes.

Although looks to be a moot point, doesn't look like they even have a vegetarian menu let alone a vegan menu.
    I, too, was curious about a veggie option.
  • Freshology Get Slim
    I just signed up for the "Gold" program. They had a Black Friday special, so I signed up for 12 weeks of 5-days-a-week. Still pretty expensive, but not as high as it was. It looks good - 45 days of different meals. I did the Jenny Craig program about 7 years ago and I did lose weight, but I got so tired of the same food over and over again. I like the idea of totally fresh food - I just wonder how it's going to survive the transportation. Oh well, I'm committed through February.

Now I have to find a new exercise program. the "Firm" DVDs are getting a bit old.
  • Started Freshology Get Slim Silver 2012
    Hi, I’m new to the site. So I started the Freshology Get Slim Silver program this week. The get slim Silver is the flash frozen meal service from Freshology.

The food arrived on time, I liked all but 1 of the meals, felt full. I was extremely excited about starting the program in hopes of dropping 20-30 pounds in 8 weeks. Based on researching the program, reading blogs such as this one and listening to current member’s experience with the program from ladies at the hair salon 8 weeks seemed like a realistic time frame for reaching my goal.

Once I budgeted properly to accommodate the program (the program isn’t cheap) I signed up ready to begin a healthier more balanced eating regimen. Aside from my sweet tooth I regularly ate healthy and exercised 1-2 times per week.

I also stepped up my workouts to 4 days per week, 2 weeks prior to starting the program. This week I only worked out 3 times.

So why the long face? I only lost 1 pound this week! I don’t understand it. From the posts of other happy Freshology Get Slim Silver plan participants they lost 5-7pounds in the 1st week.
    I went into this planning on 8 weeks with the program. I will stick with it but I sure I hope I start seeing more assuring results than I’ve seen so far. Thoughts?
  • I am on the Freshology meal plan and am extremely happy with the food. It's very good and the selection has been great. It's really been helpful with being able to see what a portion is for my various meals and it is extremely convenient. All of the ingredients are all natural and calorie controlled which makes it simple to eat healthy and lose weight. I'm feeling full, the food is visually appealing as well as smelling good. It's exposed me to food I normally wouldn't have eaten.

I'm very happy with the food and the service. They worked with my budget and have been helpful/nice.

• I know this thread is pretty much dead and I agree with the person that posted that it definitely seemed I bit odd that all the people posting gave a glowing "review" and than mysteriously vanished...? But I actually used Freshology about 2 years ago and the food was VERY GOOD... Definitely the best tasting meal delivery service that I've ever used.... BUT it was VERY EXPENSIVE...!!! It was costing me about $1600 dollars a month...!!! I actually did the math(a family of 4 would have come out to about $40,000 a year!!!) I could have afforded a private chef for less (and ultimately I did!!!) Also just in case anybody does in fact happen to read this thread and this post... Freshology DOES NOT work with your "budget"... The price is the price...take it or leave it... So decided to leave it... It just wasn't "worth it" to me...