Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

jayjay--

One pound a week will add up quickly!

Glad to see a few others here who are doing the ediets fresh prepared plan.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 268/262/150

Height: 5'1

questions for other eDieters - i started logging what i eat in calories and im usually hitting between 1450-1500 but today ive finished eating my days worth of food and im at 1350. do you guys ever add anything else to your day beyond the three provided meal, 2 dairy, and 3 fruits? if you do, what type of foods are you adding? veggies, pretzels, etc? while im getting full and satiisfied with my food, there are other foods that i enjoy eating that are not making it into my diet, like nuts and grains. im just curious to see if you guys are having a similiar situation. i dont want to eat too few calories, because thats not good either..
shaunnamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

I have to admit I cheat with a glass of wine sometimes, bad me! (and not recommended LOL ...) Because I'm middle aged, short, not that much to lose, the calorie count is fine. But I think for most people this diet is really low in calories. I think adding healthy protein would be fine. You can call and talk to one of their nutritionists too to customize for you.

shaunnamuk -- sounds like you need more than 1350 per day. I would call eDiets on monday and see what they say.

Last edited by jayjay77; 08-15-2009 at 08:20 PM.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 268/262/150

Height: 5'1

good call on the nutritionists...didnt even think about that.

yes..i like to enjoy a good glass of wine every now and then but im really craving a beer right now!!
shaunnamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #35  

I don't add anything beyond the allowable fruits and dairy. I only do the five day plan, and on weekends, I eat as well as I can. If you are doing only the five day plan, maybe you could have a few of those other foods on the weekend?

Cheers,

J
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 270/185/150

Height: 5'5

Hey Everyone!
Glad to meet others who are on ediets!
I just started, and am only on my 3rd day, but I actually like it so far, and haven't been tempted to cheat at all! Which normally when I start a new diet the first week is killer! Surprisingly I have been satisfied with ediets so far.

There was something that I didn't like, I think it was called Pork Marsala? But I just won't order it again.

I usually hate breakfast, I hate eggs, and I usually just skip breakfast completely. But I've found the muffins and the bagel halves to be really yummy! So I'll probably stick with that.

I know the portion sizes can be intimidating, but if you spread out your fruit and dairy throughout the day, it seems to be easier. I haven't had a problem with being hungry... usually if I drink a glass of water, it makes the hunger go away.

I am on the 5 day plan. I think I will be okay on the weekends off, but we'll see when that time comes!

I am hoping to lose 100 lbs on ediets! Which according to them, I can expect to lose 2 lbs a week, so I should meet my goal in a year as long as I can stick with it. *crosses fingers*

I've done Nutrisystem before, and couldn't stomach the food for long. So far ediets has proven to be way better!
2ndstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #37  

Hi, 2ndstarr--I have been doing ediets for about 6 weeks and have really liked it. Once in awhile I get a meal that I just don't like, so I don't order it again. I like the 5 day plan; it gives me some flexibility. Good luck and keep us posted on how you like it.

Cheers,

J
Old 09-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #38  

Hey Ladies!
I just finished my first week on ediets, and I really like it! I only had 2 meals last week that I didn't like... but I'll just be sure to not order them again. I really liked everything else. It was all surprisingly good! I just wish they would let us pick our own snacks, because I hate dark chocolate!

On my days off I counted calories, and had a few lean cuisine dinners. I did pretty good on my days off too, but not quite as good as I did on my ediet days... though I am sure I'll get better But I actually missed the Ediets food on my days off! I can't wait to try new things this week.

Things I need to work on:
- I drink diet soda, but I need to work on drinking less of it.
- I need to start exercising

This week I lost 6 lbs!!!! yaaayyy!!!!

I know you usually tend to lose more on your first week, but hopefully I will be able to lose the expected 2 lbs per week

I'll report again next week!
-Elli
Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #39  

Elli--glad you checked in. It sounds like you are doing really well! I also lost a lot the first week and then it leveled off to around 1.5 to 2.0 pounds (sometimes more, sometimes less) per week.

Congrats on your success on the first week. I look forward to hearing how you are doing!

Cheers,

J
Old 09-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #40  

Question about ediets. So far PFFS is working well for me, but I'm already keeping my eye out for what to do next when I get bored with their food.

I can see how the substitutions work without placing an order, and I refuse to give out information unless I'm ready to go. Do they have a pull-down menu once you get "in the system"? Are subs easy to make?
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

buttah -- I'm still on eDiets and still losing about 1 lb per week. I'm pretty happy overall. Substitutions are pretty easy to do. You just have to do them the Sunday before your meals ship and the shipments are on Thurs, Fri or Sat depending on which day you choose. The only drawback is at any one time there are only about 11-12 choices each for breakfast, lunch, dinner so there isn't a huge selection of substitutes. They rotate the menu on a 5 week schedule so the choices are different week to week. So far I find that I like 95% of the meals and substitute for the few I don't like.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #42  

Hey ladies,
Just finished my 3rd week, and I've now lost a total of 10 lbs! Feels good, but at my weight, 10 lbs isn't noticeable yet... blah!

I haven't started to exercise yet, and I still need to drink more water instead of soda. So I am going to try to work on that!

Buttah - I think ediets has a pretty good variety. I don't think you can actually see all the choices until you've officially signed up for the program, but when you do, it will show you your entire week of food for the next four weeks, and you can go through and change all of your meals to your liking. It's really easy to make the changes. The only thing you CAN'T change are the snacks... which can kinda suck sometimes, (I hate dark chocolate and I get that almost weekly) but for the most part the snacks are really yummy, and I find that they fix my junk food cravings, even though they are a healthier choice! I love the Terra Chips, and bought a whole box of them from Amazon.com for the rest of my family, and for those days that ediets sends me a snack I don't like...

I really like the food, and most of it only takes less than 2 minutes to microwave.

I thought about doing PFFS but decided to go with ediets because they were a little cheaper. BUT with ediets you do have to buy your own fruit and dairy servings, doesn't PFFS send you everything? I don't know how often ediets adds new items to their menus, but if I get bored with them, I'll probably switch. I've only been a member for about 4 weeks, so I am still going strong! Time will tell.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #43  

Hey, 2ndstarr--sounds like you are doing very well! Congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work!

Cheers,

J

P.S. I think PFFS and ediets fresh prepare are made in the same place (different companies, though).
Old 09-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #44  

thanks, guys. But it really bugs me that I can't see the food UNTIL I sign up. Yes, PFFS sends everything, but to be honest, I'd rather get my own fruit and dairy! (And snacks for that matter.)
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #45  

PFFS and Ediets are made and sent from the same location in Iowa.

Many of the Menu's items are the same products.. but the food choices on PFFS is , in my opinion, offers healthy items.. i.e brown rice, low glycemic foods and not filled with white potatoes, corn or sandwiches.. They provide Healthier snacks as well.. including fresh fruit, nuts , string cheese.. None of that is provided on ediets.. in fact the snacks are all ' what they call healthy junk food .... i.e cookies, chips, popcorn,.

So it depends on what you feel is best for you..

I have been on both plans and would give my vote to PFFS...
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote