Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/195/140

Default Food sensitivities

I would like to try one of the meal replacement diets but am concerned about the soy and dairy in Medifast and wheat and aspartame in NLD and Wonderslim. I am sensitive to dairy, soy, and wheat and otherwise don't care for the metabolic disease cause by aspartame. Are you aware of any other diets that don't contain these ingredients? meal replacement shakes?
checkersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #2  

Do you have a healthfood store nearby? I think there are some different types of protein shakes out there that you can use as meal replacement. I just looked some up on a supplement website that I buy from & they had one made with hemp protein. pm me if you want the name of the website.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #3  

Thank you, wendyland. I have since discovered shakes with egg proteins as well. I also realized that the NLD shakes do not contain soy like the Medifast and Wonderslim shakes do.

I went ahead and ordered the NLD 4 week program. I'm thinking that I will go with a full fast to begin with and reserve the bars and soups for when I need a little pick me up. Hopefully my system can take a little soy now and then. I just wish that one of the programs would just get rid of the soy and aspartame altogether.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #4  

FYI something else that I discovered:

"Casein protein, or a blend of casein and whey, is recommended for liquid diets because casein protein takes much longer to digest. Whey is digested quickly. Casein makes you feel fuller longer."

If you are experiencing a lot of hunger on your liquid diet then perhaps supplementing a couple of shakes with casein protein might be helpful.