Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #1  
klc

Default ChefsDiet - has anybody tried it?

I'm currently on Bistro, but would like to hear from anyone who's tried this. They sound like they're comparable programs, but it appears that ChefsDiet is about $4 less a day (before shipping).
-Kathy
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #2  

Hmmm if it has chef in the name it sounds good to me I will have to check this one out.
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #3  

Ok I went over and I have to say that the food pictures did not look very good. It looked like barely any food and cheap too. The BistroMd meals look much more filling and like they use higher end ingredients. The other thing that was kind of odd was one of the pictures said TRICOLOR tortellini but it was white lol Chefs diet sounds good in name but looks less than exciting to me.
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:10 AM   #4  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

I've been getting their emails lately (with a discount code) and wondered if they're any good. LOL

Kathy, I think you and I are sharing a brain lately!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #5  
I will succeed!

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm really tired of ediets and I don't believe they're the best for me. I'd like to try another service but I'm trying to find the right choice for me. If anyone has tried Chefsdiet, I'd love to hear a review for them.
KYHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #6  
klc

I started out on eDiets a year ago and since then have become a 'meal delivery warrior'. Over the last year, I've done fresh and frozen (eDiets, PFFS, DTG and Bistro). Here's a few comments on choosing a new plan.

Fresh vs Frozen - The frozen plans are a far cry from grocery store frozen. Once they're heated up, it's virtually impossible to tell what was frozen and what was fresh. The frozen is a little bit trickier to heat (and takes just a smidge longer...6 minutes vs 2) but you don't have the 'use it or lose it' issue that you do with fresh...worst case you get a backlog in your freezer.

Plans:

Chef's Diet, eDiets and PFFS are all supplied by purfood. Still haven't tried Chef's Diet (or heard from anyone who has), but decided that if I was going to do purfood, I'd go with PFFS or eDiets (where I could pick my meals). I just jumped back on eDiets for the summer (so I can add my own fruit/veggies) and have been AMAZED at how much smaller the meat portions are now than they were this time last year. Don't know if PFFS has done the same thing or not. If you like fresh, and you want to try different menues, you may want to try out PFFS

DTG has a slew of different types of plans. All are frozen, with reasonable pricing (lo carb is most expensive). I tried the lo carb, and altho there were some great things about it, it wasn't my cup of tea. However, there are a bunch of folks that absolutely love it. There's an active thread here that's populated by folks using the various plans.

Bistro is still my favorite. It's a little pricier, but the food quality is exceptional. It will definitely be my choice when I go into maintenance mode, because there's nothing about the meals that looks or tastes like diet food. It's also a relatively lo carb plan (not hard core) so it's just plain healthy eating.

Another one that you may want to try is SSHE (Seattle Sutton). They're fresh, and ship nationally, but if you're in a local delivery/pickup area, they're a real bargain. Haven't tried it, but heard good things about it.

Hope this helped
klc is offline   Reply With Quote