Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 182/178/150

Height: 5'2

Yay Wilted Flower! That's great. I have seen a lot of food fixes on the Nutrisystem US site. There is a board devoted to food talk.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Congrats Fatboman! I'm sure that every once in awhile an english muffin with cheese and egg(added protein) won't hurt for a substitute to the NS eggs.

Congrats Wilted!

Most of the add water lunches, I pour on top of vegies to make a bigger soup. This month I'm trying out some of the ready made items. The pasta with beef, I added in some splenda and hot sauce. It was pretty good that way.
Today I'll be trying the vegetable beef but just bringing vegies to throw in with it since I'll be at work and won't have anything with me to fix it up besides a little pepper.

Things are going alright eating wise but I expect to stay the same on the scale(monday weigh in) since it should be ToM any day now. I usually stay the same or gain up to three, depending if I'm watching my calories or not.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Ooooh, I love the vegeeable beef soup!!

My mom just signed up for NS!! She has less to lose than I do but she is a diabetic with high blood pressure who could stand to lose 60lbs so I'm super excited she's gonna get healthy! She's been a huge support for me on this journey!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #124  

Height: 6'2

So i weighed in today, 10 days from my original start.. again.. its just so hard between two jobs and school to stay on track. however, good news is i'm down from 243 and now am 236!

That's great news Kiki about your mom! Is she going to be joining us here on 3fc?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #125  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Congrats fatboman and wiltedflower and luvtolose! Keep going

Wilted: The ideas for modifying the foods are in the US Nutrisystem site I believe, not on here. I would help you a bit more, but the site will not let me sign up for it for some strange reason (maybe because I'm in Canada?). Personally, I've found that some of the foods grew on me anyway. I actually have more issues with not liking some of the dinners.

Kiki: I did the BL bootcamp, level 2 for the first time yesterday, and I really thought it was going to kill me! I am so sore today LOL. Good for your mom on joining you on becoming healthier too.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #126  

Oh ya...level 2 is killer!! But I need all the help on my arm wings so I try to suffer through it! LOL! I find I do what Heba is doing most of the time because it's a bit easier.

I don't think my mom will join us here luvto, she's not really into MB's.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #127  

Newshinyme - That's weird that you could not sign up for the US site. I am from Canada and have an account on there and I have seen other Canadians. It is great for food ideas.

Luvtolose - That is fantastic! What a great start.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday night!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #128  

Hey Newshinyme, I had trouble signing up but tried the next day and could get on. I thought maybe it takes a day or two to process? I'd try again...it might work.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #129  

Its awfully quiet here this weekend I just wanted to wish everyone luck for the Super Bowl parties. You can resist!!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 146/122.6/120

Height: 5'4"

fatboman, I was thinking the same thing regarding the superbowl!
We had a Friday "superbowl" breakfast at work. I was anti-social by not attending, but saved myself on being tempted on plenty of unhealtthy choices.

I've had a horrible head cold all weekend and haven't been able to work out, I am feeling extremely guilty, esp. b/c I am weighing in Monday morning...
I'm hoping to reach the 10 lb mark this week...without the additional cardio heres hoping I do!

How is everyone else doing? How are you resisting temptations this afternoon/tonight?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #131  

I resisted almost all evening. BUT at half time when the goodies came out again I did have a chicken wing and a couple of spring rolls. BUT didn't have any of the chocolate brownie cake so hopefully I did alright. There was a chili cookoff so I made extra lean ground chicken and navy bean "chili" and brought my own salad. For dinner I was EXTREMELY good. Damn halftime.

Last edited by kiki100; 02-01-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #132  

It sounds like everyone is not doing too badly over Superbowl weekend.
As for me, I'm not into football, so I don't have to worry about parties/food and the like.
I still worry about weigh day because I have cheat Saturdays with my light beer and this time had some frozen thin crust spinach restaurante pizza afterwards. It's also ToM and my rings on my finger can feel the extra water. I could have used an hour more sleep but today is weigh in day and I hadn't weighed myself since Wednesday, where I was .5 down. I woke up and kept thinking about the scale. I was very much expecting to stay the same or be up a pound and hoping it wasn't worse.
Well...
I'm down 1.5 lbs.
Goals for this week....to have splenda in some of my teas instead of white sugar. Exercise 2 or 3 times.

And how exciting, I have a ticker!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #133  

Well, I wasn't bothered about the whole pb recall thing but checking this website...
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...0090130e.shtml

Canadian peanut butter granola bars are on the list. I have 3 and I've eaten one already with no problems. But I suppose I should give them a call to have them replaced.

Just a heads up for the Canadians here.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #134  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Morning all!
Hope you all had a good weekend. I did well, no Super Bowl party for me, but I did watch the game hehe.

lizzz and kiki: glad to hear you did well on resisting temptation

I finally managed to cross the 20 lb threshold! I wanted to get it done in January, and I actually did it on Jan. 31 LOL. Next goal...30 lbs, hopefully the losses will pick up some speed soon, cause I have been losing 0.6 lbs at a time and that is a bit too slow for my liking hehe.

I had a bit of a slip up on Friday, went out with friends and had some chinese food. Didn't eat too much, but it definitely was not weight loss friendly. I ended up having a gall bladder attack after that, so I totally learned my lesson.

Thanks for the heads up Newgie. I received an e-mail from Nutrisystem last night as well. I had already eaten one of the bars, but I really don't think there will be any issues.

Haven't exercised since Thursday, so I have to find time for it today. I hate how it's so easy for me to skip workouts and then that becoming a pattern where I skip exercise for days and days and days
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #135  

I totally hear you on the making skipping exercise a pattern! If I don't get up and do it one morning...it's like I've given myself permission to miss more! I did get up this morning to exercise but I only had time for the first level bootcamp. I figure I better start the week out right and at least get one done.

Congrats on the losses...even in small amounts (although I completely understand the frustration!) is better than a gain! I don't want to know what damage I did yesterday so I vow to not look at the scale again until Sunday. It's SO hard not to look!!

Closed Thread