3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Nutrisystem Buddies 2009

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #76

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

luvtolose: That cranberry pastry is the only thing so far that I DON'T like. And I ordered 3, so I have to get them down! So I break it up in a bowl, add 4 oz. of LF milk, let it soak, and eat it like a cold cereal. Not too bad, but I will certainly NOT order it again. Just a suggestion! - Cindy/wannabefit
Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #77

HHi there- New to the NS program. Started last week. Hoping for good things. Have 70 pounds to lose and really want to do it this time. Enjoy reading the thread. Especially ideas to help make the food seem more attractive.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #78

Height: 6'2

Thanks Cindy.. ever suggestion sounds yummy

Welcome Mazco! Good luck on your journey.

Has anyone seen/heard about the Nutrisystem Select program? I'm on the advanced.. anyone see how to switch over? Is there a price difference? Says icecream, so how will they ship in and leave it on the door step?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #79

by the way kiki.. those exercises are killer! my arm flab has never been worked like that!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #80

S/C/G: 182/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to finally join in as I have been reading this thread while waiting for my first shipment to arrive. I ordered the weekends off plan through the Shopping Channel and it took forever. I was actually quite surprised that it arrived today since they never let me know it had shipped.

I will be unpacking tonight and starting tomorrow. I really hope that it tastes ok. People here seem to be enjoying the food so that is a good sign.

Vicki
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #81

Welcome Vicki! Wish you success on the program... Make sure to tell us how your first day went

-Nora
Old 01-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #82
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Oh Wow, so much activity today. Glad to see that

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltedflower19 View Post
Hey all i decided to try nutrisystem so i ordered the 4 wk plan with weekends off from qvc.
Welcome! You can do this, and we are here to cheer you on. I think you'll like the food (probably not everything, but most things at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki100 View Post
Newshinyme-have you tried making an omelette with the eggs?
I tried, and it did help, but still not my thing. I've never been a really big fan of eggs anyway so it's not that surprising, I barely tolerate egg beaters as it is hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabefit View Post
luvtolose: That cranberry pastry is the only thing so far that I DON'T like.
Have you tried toasting it? I also found out that it grew on me as I ate it more and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazco1 View Post
HHi there- New to the NS program. .
Welcome! Keep us posted on how you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolose728 View Post

Has anyone seen/heard about the Nutrisystem Select program?
That sounds interesting...It'll probably be available in the US first and maybe we'll get it in Canada one of these years LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboman View Post

I am so excited to finally join in...

Vicki
Welcome Vicki! Glad to see you here too

Oh man...that scale is taunting me But I shall resist...I want it to be a nice surprise on the weekend if I have finally reached the 20 lb. mark.

I shall give those arm exercises a try too, right now I am working the triceps with free weights, but am finding them a bit light for those muscles, so I have to find something else to compliment them.

See you all tomorrow!

LONG TERM GOAL

Last edited by Newshinyme : 01-21-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #83

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Welcome Mazco and Vicki!

To all those who haven't exercised for awhile! Proceed with caution, start out slow! lol My legs are killing me today. Plus 4 hours of sleep caused me to give up the workout for the day
I sooooo wanted comfort food. Being tired, sore and cranky gets me craving. But I was good! The only trouble I ran into was I didn't let my burger sit enough in the water and I should of nuked it a bit to get it hotter. So that was disappointing. My vegies were blah. I usually pour my NS lunch or dinner over top of them to flavor but since I had the burger, well.... I had to stave off bad craving somehow and it's hard when you have had disappointing food. I decided to just use a tablespoon of cheddar cheese soup from a can on them. It was better, not yummo but enough to help stop me from cheating. Well, that was a cheat but it could have been worse.
One good thing today was that my husband bought me some Silhouette vanilla fat free yogurt. It fits the stats great! I can have a cup!
Tomorrow I go into work 3 hours early so that I can finish 3 hours early to be able to go to a sleep clinic appointment. It's going to be weird to try to fall asleep in a strange place especially since I have a hard time with sleep as it is. It's got to be dark, the right temperature, not much movement from hubby, no noises, fan in the background, etc.
Anyways, the point of that rambling was to say I guess I won't be exercising tomorrow. But I plan on doing something on Friday.

Take things one day at a time

OH a tip that could be helpful. If you are having a bad craving day and must give in, remember to keep some low fat options around the house that don't quite fit in the plan but won't hurt if you give in occasionally. I have jello light pudding(instant powder mix) and 100 calorie popcorn bags.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #84

luvtolose: when I signed up for the advanced program, the NS guy on the phone told me that the Select program gave you more choices as frozen foods, like dinner meals and ice creams and desserts - and that those products would be delivered by the Schwan's (sp?) truck. Hope that helps.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #85

Congratulations and welcome! I am on the "flex" program - weekends off, also. They give you recipes to choose from to make on weekends that will keep you with your weight loss goal.

You will be surprised how good the food is. I am only on day 4, but have stuck to it. It is a lot more work than I anticipated though, with getting your own fresh fruits, vegys, dairy, etc. I am forced to be creative. I make a vegy soup out of the "unlimited vegys" and eat that when I am not quite satisfied.

My main problem is my sweet tooth at night. I wish I could come up with some way to make zucchini (one of the unlimited vegys) into some kind of a baked crunchy sweet snack (with Splenda) that I could munch away at without guilt. I will probably experiment.

You can do it! My goal is to lose 50 pounds, so I imagine I will be on this for several months (6 months or so I figure). I hope I can stick to it. The other thing I miss is wine. I used to drink one glass of wine each evening (I have chronic pain problems and it helps me).

Let us know how you like it. - Cindy
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #86

Ooops, I meant this last message addressed to "fatboman". Welcome to Nutrisystem!

Cindy
Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #87

I'm going to start going to the gym again since the resolution rush has died down. The boyfriend made me a weight lifting chart to do after my cardio with pictures explaining each type.. if you want a copy, just let me know and I can email you the document.

-Nora

Last edited by luvtolose728 : 01-22-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #88

S/C/G: 182/178/150

Height: 5'2

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. You all have been doing so well that you are very inspiring. I can't wait to hear if you reached your 20lb mark newshinyme. Glad to hear that your first 4 days have gone well Cindy.

So far so good for day one. I played it safe with the bran flakes cereal this morning and then had the fettucini alfredo for lunch and then pot roast for dinner. Everything was fine, not amazing but not disgusting. Tomorrow I am going to brave the black beans and rice that people don't seem fond of. I figured I should get it out of the way.

They sent me a lot more salty snacks than I would have expected. Plus after taking so long to ship it looks like another box is coming immediately so I am going to be overstocked. Or maybe I will just look at it as variety...

Vicki
Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #89
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboman View Post

They sent me a lot more salty snacks than I would have expected. Plus after taking so long to ship it looks like another box is coming immediately so I am going to be overstocked. Or maybe I will just look at it as variety...

Vicki
Or you can always delay your next shipment. I've done it a couple of times and it's no biggie. The first time I could do it through the website, the second time I had to give them a call. Remember to take into consideration the delivery time so that you don't run out of food. All the way to Vancouver it takes 7 days from the day it ships, to Ottawa I would assume it would take much less.

As for tracking your shipment, I am not sure how it works when you order through the Shopping Channel, but with mine (I am on the regular 28 day meal plan), I had to set up an online profile and there I can see all my orders and when I click on them, I get the tracking number for my package so I know when to expect it.

Let me know how you like that beans and rice thing

LONG TERM GOAL

Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #90

S/C/G: 280/280/200

Height: 5'4

hey fatboman i bought the same thing....mines due to come on the 28th.....let me know how it is...is the selection in it good? i didnt see on the site whats actualyl in it
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.