Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thank you, thank you, thank all - especially Spryng! I am a newbie and had trouble navigating the site - and someone helped me find it on another thread, even though I am all registered and everything.

I ordred Nutristystm this week and it should be arriving any day now! I have 50 POUNDS to lose and hope to achieve it. With the combination of being through menopause, fiftysomething, and with several health and medication-weight-gaining-issues, I am very hopeful and positive I can achieve my goal.

I am sure this forum will help me! I ordered online with Nutrisystem and picked my own meals, but of course do not know yet what they taste like. I am looking forward to the exploration aspect and ability to change it up. Please feel free to make suggestions. Will they send me info about buying the fresh foods?

Are there any freebies I can make like vegy soup or anything? I would love to hear from all of you and am so glad to have found you!

Yours Truly in this positive Journey,

Cindy (wannagefit)
Old 01-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #47  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Vickie: So glad your food finally came, keep us posted on your progress

Staci: Good to see you back, I can sympathize with all those holiday pounds, good thing they're gone now. Are you enjoying the bootcamp? I am such a wimp, don't think I'd be up for anything like that hehe.

Cindy: I was very confused with the forum at the beginning too, but you'll get familiar with it and it will get easier for you to navigate it. I think you will really enjoy NS (and the part of not having to cook is always a bonus).
The best way to know which foods you like is to try them. I have tried everything at least once and I now know which items I like and which ones I don't (there's a couple I can't stand), but everybody is different, some things I don't like others really do and same the other way around.
With your food, they will send you a welcome package. It has all the information you need to get you started (it even has a workout DVD), and a food diary, which is a booklet that indicates your daily servings of everything and you have to do is mark them down as you eat them...super easy!
You will probably find that you are pretty satisfied most of the time with the food indicated in the plan (my secret is to eat a gigantic salad at lunch hehe), but they've told me that if I am hungry in between I can always have some more of the salad vegetables (the list of which those are will be in your booklet).
We are here to help you and support you on your journey, so whatever you need, just ask!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Valley, when you start to run out of breakie there are quite a few grocery store items that are pretty close in nutritional value to the NS ones. Some low fat granolas, cereals, vita muffins, egg beaters, WW english muffins...to name a few. Sounds like you got a great deal!!

So nice to see more of us around!! I originally started NS saying I'd do it for one one to give my self a kick start and now I'm about to order my 4th month. I've ordered a la carte once (over the holidays) because I was eating out more but staying to a low cal plan so I thought I'd save some money. Now that I'm running low on my NS food I know I'm going to commit to another 2 months! I'm nearing a 50lbs loss and I love the plan...it works! I guess I feel why mess with it?!

Welcome to our newbies and "hi!" to the seasoned NS gals!! My weigh in is Sunday and I REALLY hope I can say I'm down 50lbs! (I was at 46 last sunday but I've been very well behaved and am pushing for that 4lb loss this week!

Can't wait to hear of more losses this week!!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #49  

Oh! Forgot to add my new fav is now the tacos!! I add a little dollap of FF sour cream and they are so good!!

What do you all love?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Kiki, hope you get your 50 pounds! how exciting I hear you about the kickstart, I thought two months, maybe three but I can see myself sticking on it for longer than that.
I don't really have a favorite yet, still trying new things. I pretty much like every dinner so far, except the chicken patty, hehe. I have tacos in my cupboard and I'll try it out this weekend!
I sure wish they would add the pancake mix to Canadian orders, boy do I want to try the Mcgriddle looking recipe remix I've seen, looks yummo.
I really think they could use a few more breakfast items. Think I'd rather do an egg and english muffin instead of eating their egg mix, which is tasty enough but I miss the bread.
Does everyone like the cheese tortellini lunch? I thought it was too acidic,its been the only thing I've tossed(oops, forgot about the patty). I heard some addition of splenda makes it better, so that made me think that maybe I should give it another chance.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #51  

Thank you Newshinyme! Your words of information were encouraging to me. I look forward to trying the meals and reading all they have to say. I love soup, so I hope I can make some kind of vegy soup out of what is allowed. My package is due to arrive tomorrow, which means I will shop this weekend and start Monday.

Can you give me some samples of your favorite foods and those you "can't stand"? A friend of mine is on it, (he has lost 50 pounds in 5 months) and he warned me to stay away from their pizzas. So I did. I picked out my own foods online. I am not a picky eater, but I like foods to taste "real". So any suggestions would be great - thank you! I am so sick of these extra 50 pounds and can't wait to start letting them go. I pray this works!

I have family in Vancouver, Canada: a small town named Abbotsford actually. I also have a cousin in Alberta (Edmond), family in Toronto, my parents met in Montreal, and I was born in Windsor. Oh Canada - eh? Hubby and I plan a road trip in our new T@DA little camper pulled by our new Jeep, trip to Alaska (son and daughter-in-law and 3 grandkids just moved there to Anchorage last July), and we will travel through Canada of course (got our passports), and will spend July, August, and September traveling and visiting!

So I guess I just keep looking around to find if there is "new mail". I'll keep reading and learning. Thank you for extending your words of kindness to me! Your weight chart and weigth loss has been impressive - congratulations!

Cindy
Old 01-16-2009, 05:46 AM   #52  

Default New here! Again!

Good morning!

I just finished my first week on NS and I've only lost 2.5 lbs. I expected more but I turn 52 on Monday; haven't been good about drinking my water. And I'm not a veggie fan, although I do like romaine salads. The good news is that I've been working out with a PT(when I find the time!) and my muscle tone has improved. (of course, when one starts @ 0 muscle tone, anythiong is an improvement!! LOL)

The first time I tried NS was back a few years, I lost 35 lbs but gained it all back since my MIL moved in. (I need to blame SOMEONE, right!??

to re-introduce myself, I have at least 70 lbs to lose, I have 2 sons (6 and 15) and am married to my HS sweetheart. He is very supportive in my weightloss.

Do you think my losses will improve if I drink more water? I see some that have lost 10 lbs in the first week and I'm mucho jealous. I need to sit down and work on my scale & avatar.I need to work on my signature, it's not up to date.

Have a WONDERFUL day!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #53  

Cindy, I always put my lunch meals over top of vegies and call that soup. But I'm sure you can make yourself some veggy soup out of what you are allowed no problem.
About the pizza, I personally thought it was so so at first until I piled some mushrooms and assorted vegies on top. Think I'll make a spicy one next time with some jalepenos and use a protein and add some chicken on, maybe reconstitute some sundried tomatos in water and put that on. Add a small dash of spicy sauce. People recommend putting it in the oven instead of the microwave. I'll be trying that next time. I save my pizza, burgers and tacos for the weekend.

Karen, you should make sure to drink the water, especially when you work out. Building muscle also slows the scale but will show inches lost since muscle is heavier than fat. Great loss though. I lost 2 lbs the first week.

It's slower going for me, especially starting before the holidays and only sticking to the plan 90%. But I'm pleased enough for a slow loss until I feel like I'm plateauing and then I will kick things into higher gear. Meaning exercise and sticking to plan better. My job is fairly active but not to where you get your heart rate up for too long. But I'm dragging my heels when it comes to exercise.

Have a great nutriday.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #54  

I lost 7lbs my first week BUT I weighed over 300...the more you weigh the more you lose at first. Karen, water REALLY makes the difference, if I don't drink it I don't see the loss I'm looking for that week guarenteed. 2.5 is good...give yourself a pat on the back but drink your water and you'll likely see even more. (My second week was only a 4lb loss but my third was 6 so don't get discouraged the plan will work for you if you stick to it!!) Good luck, keep us posted!!

I like the pizza...but I cook it in the toaster oven, I imagine all soggy from the micro would be less than pleasant.

Oh, and no...I don't like the tortellini lunch...ick. I love the soups you add the water to (I always add more water so I feel like I'm eating more! LOL!)
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #55  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Morning!

Kiki: Thanks for the tips on the breakies, I delayed my next shipment by a few weeks because over the holidays I wasn't eating too many dinners so a have a zillion of them and I need to make room in the cupboard before I get more food, but I will run out of breakfasts, so I will have to supplement with grocery store stuff.

I can't wait to see that you made the 50 lb. mark!

I actually like the tortellini!, quite a bit in fact LOL, but then again, I used to add lime juice to half my meals when I was younger, so I obviously like my food on the acidic side. Somebody mentioned the same (too acidic) about the chicken cacciatore, do you guys find that too acidic as well?

The pizza is good if you make it in the oven and add a few veggies on top (mushrooms, onions, peppers)

Cindy: I have made a big pot of vegetable soup to eat as my daily vegetable serving, and I don't see why you should not be allowed to do that, it's just vegetables, so go ahead. I am always experimenting with different ways of preparing the vegetables to keep things interesting.

Some of the things I can't stand are: Black beans and rice, black bean tortilla soup for lunch. Dinner: Chicken with almonds, green pepper steak, teriyaki sauce w/ rice and beef. Dessert: Nacho crisps

My faves: Granola for breakfast, Minestrone soup, split pea soup, the beef patty for dinner, lemon butter sauce w/ chicken, 3 cheese pasta.

I should mention that funny enough, sometimes I find some item very tasty, sometimes I think it's just OK, so don't go by my recommendations only .
And as you can read with all the previous posts, we all have different opinions as to what our favourites are.

This plan WILL work for you, they make it so easy for you to follow, that all you have to do is be prepared, make sure you always, always have fruits, vegetables, salad and healthy proteins on hand. I also made sure to either get rid of the junk or hide it where it's not going to be tempting me.

That trip up to Alaska sounds like fun!

ryzmom: 2.5 lbs is great! but just like everyone says, drink your water . I think NS is a bit higher in sodium, so it's important to drink our water to keep things moving along. As for the veggies, maybe try different things? you never know when you are going to find something you'll like. So great that you have a PT to work with you, I bet your body will start looking very different in no time.

Newgie: I save my burgers and tacos for the weekend too!, it makes me feel like I am indulging

I weighed today, and I haven't lost anything for the week, bummer!, I wasn't very good with the water on the first half of the week, and I changed up my exercise, so I am hoping maybe it's all muscle and water retention and not a plateau!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #56  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki100 View Post
Valley, when you start to run out of breakie there are quite a few grocery store items that are pretty close in nutritional value to the NS ones. Some low fat granolas, cereals, vita muffins, egg beaters, WW english muffins...to name a few. Sounds like you got a great deal!!
Thanks! Thats good to know. My food came today so I am starting in the morning. I'm totally psyched!

I dont know if this has already been posted or not but Big Lots sells Nutrisystem Nourish (the old program). I went yesterday and bought 8 lunch bucket meals, some nacho crisps, BBQ crisps and sliced ham! Nothing was expired. 2 of the lunch microwaveable buckets were 50 cents! The rest were a dollar each except for the sliced ham, which was $2.00 (but you get 3 servings in it) If anyone lives near a Big Lots store...check it out in their food section!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #57  

Thanks Newshinyme! I just got my box today! Hubby was laughing at me as I lined everything up per meal department to see all that I have. I am on the "flex" program, where I get 20 of everything (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert). So all is new to me and I will have to be a taster tester for awhile. I am reading through the grocery section and plan to do that tomorrow.

A few questions: Does it HAVE to be skim milk. or can it be 1% lowfat? I am a "sweets" person for breakfast. Have you tried the pastries? I'll try the oatmeal first.

How do I get those cool weight charts you all have? They are encouraging and I would like to get one. I really hope this works for me. I hope my medication situation will not make this impossible. I am at my all time high and hate the way I look and feel - which affects so many areas of life, as all of us know.

I have everything lined up in my pantry and am excited to get started. I hope it works! Best to all!

Oh, and one more thing - can you drink wine on the program? Thanks!

Cindy
Old 01-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #58  

Cindy, I use a purefilter type of milk that makes skim taste like 1%. I think it's slightly more money but I thought why not until I adjust. So far I have no problems whatsoever with skim milk. In the amounts you have, I don't think 1% will be too much of a problem, but maybe if you want the occasional wine you might want to skim some calories where possible ;P
To get maximum rewards from this program, you should follow it exactly how they want you to. Skim milk and no alcohol.
I enjoy some light beers each weekend, which slows down my losses for the week.

To get the cool weight charts, you have to be registered to this site for thirty days and post thirty times....something like that. I'm getting close

I kind of like the orange cranberry pastries but only with some peanut butter and banana on it. I like peanut butter in other things, like on some of the cookies. The pastries seem to make me feel not as good, so I"m watching out for that. I don't think I ordered any this time because they had sent alot the last time. I haven't ordered the eggs anymore but was thinking of having a replacement meal every couple weeks of some egg beaters or a real egg on WW english muffins. Eating eggs by themselves without any bread is unsatisfying to me.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #59  

Height: 5'3"

Today has been great for me so far. This is what I have eaten so far:

8:00 am Breakfast:
NS Eggs w/ cheese (did not like these but ate them anyways)
1 large egg, scrambled into the NS eggs
1 TBL onions sauted in water, added to the eggs
2 clementine oranges

1:00 pm Lunch:
NS Vegetable beef soup (OMGoodness...this was so delicious..reminds me of Dinty Moore stew, lol)
1 salad
1 TBL SF FF Italian dressing mixed w/ 1 TBL DaVinci SF raspberry syrup

3:00 pm- I ate the yogurt from my lunch dairy choice

6:00 pm Dinner:
NS thin crust pizza with cheese (added 1 TBL diced onion & 1 TBL diced red pepper, garlic powder, pepper & italian dipping spices)
1 salad with 2 TBL SF/FF raspberry vinaigrette
1 cup cooked beets w/ vinegar

I still have an NS dessert to eat, as well as a dairy/protein and a piece of fruit from todays snack allotment that I didnt use up.

I am totally satisfied and have not experience any hunger so far today. I'm really happy that my first day has gone so smoothly and that I have a few things for tonight. Nighttime snacking has always been a problems for me so I have 3 things set aside to munch on!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #60  

Great job Valley! I don't like the eggs with cheese or the veggie sausage ones but the plain ones are okay to me...but I always make them into omelettes and add stuff.

I'm pretty nervous to check the scale today...we had a big party for my dad last night and while I didn't go crazy with the food I did go off plan and some of it was late night snacking...that always seems to show on the scale the next day for me. BUT my girlfriend slept over and she's a personal trainer...for some dumb reason I agreed to work out with her in the morning...I think she may kill me today.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Closed Thread