Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
Are you going to keep doing NS on your own or are you doing a different plan?
It's a work in progress. I keep to the basic principals of NS but since I can eat more calories, I usually have more carbs than the NS diet has. But I try to pick the healhier and lower calorie carbs. I opt for whole grain english muffins or those flat bread type buns, peas, corn, brown rice or sweet potatoes. I have protein/fruit for snacks. Or dairy/protein/fruit.

One of my favourite lunches is a half can of tuna with olive oil and fat free miracle whip with onions on low sodium whole wheat triscuits. I have a salad with it. I'll make small pizzas with whole wheat english muffins or those thin flatbread type buns, mushrooms, sauce, fresh parmesan and turkey pepperoni.
I started with having Smart one meals for dinner but I"m weaning off of those since the sodium count is high. So I'll just premake a few days worth of carb, veggies and protein choice and have it ready in the fridge to make it as convenient.
I'm changing things here and there at a slow but steady rate. I want to decrease the processed food and increase whole food. Something I can live with for the rest of my life.
I have a couple treat type desserts each day which helps me stay away from the bad stuff. Like my cottage cheese desserts, or my sugar free pudding/banana and FF cool whip desserts or berries with a mixture of FF cream cheese, light ricotta cheese mixed with brown sugar splenda and lemon or mixed with SF white chocolate pudding powder.

I would recommend if anyone is losing really really slowly or on a plateau but are on plan plus getting good work outs at the gym. Add a protein/fruit(or veggie) on work out days.

Starfishkitty, I've noticed better nails and skin as well. But I also notice them better and the nails growing faster in the summer time. Makes me feel like a plant, lol.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #452  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I'm the same way! The doctor diagnosed me with a severe vitamin D deficiency 2 months ago and I'm on prescription V-D right now, so I'm not sure if it's the V-D that's helping my hair, nail and skin all get amazingly better or the diet! Maybe both. I'd like to think so....

Another question.... I need to find a good multivitamin, but my Women's One a Day weight smart that I've been trying to take for years just tears my stomach up completely. Anyone got any good suggestions?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #453  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Amanda:
You can try taking half of the pill in the AM with breakfast and the other half with dinner see if that helps.
My chiropractor says that chewable vitamins are better (easier to absorb) than the ones you just swallow, so I buy Chewables from Jamieson, but I've never had any troubles with any vitamins, so I don't know if they'd be any different.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #454  

amanda, have you gone to gnc, vitamin world or the vitamin shoppe to see what they have in women's multivitamins? those shops would most likely have something that easier on the stomach. the drawback is you'd pay more for the vitamins.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #455  
Finding my wings...

I think I'll have to. Hopefully they'll know what the heck they're talking about when I ask. :/
Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #456  

Made a fabulous snack last night. Take FF cream cheese and mix peanut butter, cinnamon and brown sugar splenda together. Use as a dip for sliced apples.
I'm sure you could take some type of caramel syrup and mix with cream cheese for a different flavour.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #457  

sounds yummy! i'm going to have a great snack this afternoon-yoplait mixed berry yogurt and fresh pineapple!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #458  
ggg

Default Still here

Hi all, I have been lurking for a while now, I am still losing weight on NS. I have delayed the next months, and may quit, but I do want to check out the rumor that the Can NS will let us use the US, as the substitutions were terrible! I never got a lot of things I have ordered, and you would think that when you order something 3 times in a row, you might get just ONE of them, but no. (Carmel corn )
Anyway have not had one weeke where I have not lost at least something, so that is nice. Still making lots of soup and salad and filling up on that a . Good think I love them both.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #459  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

ggg: DH had the same issue. Got sent like 20 Nacho crips or something, so he called to complain and that's what they told him.
They also said that there's a bunch of items being discontinued (caramel popcorn is one of them). I kind of didn't want to cancel my Canadian membership since I am taking business out of the country, but they are not leaving me much choice . I will try and do it for my July shipment.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #460  
Finding my wings...

I'm sooo happy with my results guys! Still losing and feeling great! I really think that Nutrisystem has opened my eyes to how you're really supposed to eat. I really can't believe how much I've learned in the past month and a half!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #461  

Ggg, congrats on the ongoing weight loss success!

Today is weigh in day. Gained a half a pound. Two steps forward, one step behind, lol. Oh well, it is PMS week which should end between tomorrow and tuesday and next week should be better.
Although today hasn't started out well. Had an early morning errand so I got myself a rare Tim Horton's treat. Cranberry blueberry muffin and a large tea double double. Just figured that out. 570 calories and 700mg of sodium! yikes
Guess I"ll have to stick to protein, veggies, fruit and fiber for the rest of the day!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #462  

How's everyone doing?
No posting by anyone in a week! Is it a summer thing? Sheesh, it feels weird posting to an NS thread when I"m no longer on it.
Anyways, down 1 lb. Which is strange although I sweated alot the last couple days with the humidity here and not great air conditioning at home and none at my school. I'm thinking water loss because I got my you know whats on Monday. And what is bad about this week is that I ate over my recommended calories by a couple hundred on Friday, 1100 extra on Saturday AND Sunday plus a staff party last night and I had 800 more calories than I should have. Oh well, I did calculate that my maintenance amount of calories was around 2400, so I try not to worry soooo much. But I know soon I'll want to kick it in high gear again and start dropping weight again. Because of my weird days today and yesterday, no gym. Sooo, I've got to go to the gym or go on a good bike ride both days this weekend. Next week has me on a regular shift for the most part starting in the early a.m. But I have Wed, thurs and friday off. I'll get to see what it's like to get yourself to the gym AFTER work and not before. Since I start work at three thirty pm usually, going to the gym before is easy.

Oh, and I have a new school to start summer clean up in. Good news is its a five min walk from here instead of a half hour drive. Bad news, a new person to work with and probably in worse shape than my school. Plus park and recs group gets to use the bathrooms. No summer groups in my last school. Maybe it will be air conditioned...
Oh and I have to start work at 7 a.m. instead of the 9 a.m. that I was allowed to start at my other school. It's hard for me to go to sleep at 10 pm when I"m used to 25 yrs of going to bed at 1 a.m. The good news though, since it's a 6 hour job, I work more hours monday tues & wed, shorter day thursday and off fridays! woot
I should try and have my 2 days a week off from the gym on monday tuesday or wednesday. Which would work out great anyways since I'll be scrubbing, lifting etc at work all day. Save a work out for the days I do nothing usually. I usually eat more those days anyways so it will balance things out better. Umm sorry for the rambling, lol.

Goals. I 'd love to be 149 by September. That would be freaken fantastic!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #463  

i'm slowly taking myself off ns. have been at it a year. i'm at the weight my doctor wants me to be at.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #464  
Finding my wings...

What will you do after NS ciecie? Just kinda adhere to the serving guidelines and whatnot? I'm kinda starting to see the layout... but confused about the carbs and stuff when I'd be doing it on my own.... I think I'll have to do more research into how many and what kind of carbs they're using so I can apply it to real life/my own cooking when I decide to get off NS... but I don't see that happening for a while yet....

I totally had a blow out/off diet day today.... it was my family reunion and holy CRAP the most amazing, fatty, carb loaded, sugary food EVER. It so flippin good...... but I'm beyond glad I'm weaning myself off eating like that because let me tell you, once I ate... it was like my whole body went into low gear just trying to process/digest that food!! Good lord... I got so sleepy, and almost SICK feeling, seriously! And I swear I gained half a pound. So, half a week of work down the drain. *sigh* Oh well... you know, you gotta do it every now and then. I'm really good otherwise.... but special occasions like that... I refuse to not enjoy them. Good lord though.... I seriously am shocked at the difference I can feel (now that I've changed my lifestyle so much for the better) when I eat bad!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 06-27-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #465  

i'm going to adhere to the guidelines.
Closed Thread