Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 146/122.6/120

Height: 5'4"

Newgie- feel your pain... haven't gained but the weight loss is going much slower.. and I am working out like a mad woman! GUH!

Does anyone supplement/replace any nutrisystem meals with protein shakes? I was thinking of substituting my breakfast entree/protein/fruit with just a protein shake/fruit bc of the added calories the shake has in it.. thoughts?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #212  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Newshinyme- THANKS! I am making sure that I get in all of my water if not extra today, because I didn't too much water this weekend
Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'6"

Default lunch and dinner only?

On the Nutrisystem diet, is it possible to order lunch and dinner ONLY ?

Thanks,
Mila
Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #214  
Stephanie

Yes on the nutrisystem website you can order things a la carte.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #215  

Hi Steph

Congratulations on your loss!

Sorry but I can't find anywhere on Nutrisystem's website where I can order a la carte. Can you direct me to it?

Thanks,
Mila
Old 02-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #216  
Stephanie

I was just looking at the site and from what I can tell it will not let you buy a la carte, without already having a plan. But a way to get around that is, you can make a free profile on the site and on your home page, go to the shop tab on the top of the page and there is a link in there.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #217  

Thanks Stephanie!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #218  

This is a somewhat X post but also has other questions relating to Nutrisystem in it so thought I would also post here.

I am having a really hard time deciding what plan to do. My nutritionist doesnt believe in diets but due to my weight I really need a jumpstart in getting some off. I dont know if I should try SBD or do Nutrisystem or do something else.

I did SBD a few years ago lost a good amount of weight and then totally fell off the wagon and could never get back on. Then I also did Nutrisystem and the same thing happened. I am at my highest weight and need a jumpstart. Any advice on which to pick or others to consider?

I have a lot to lose and have PCOS and insulin resistance. I am not a good cook and lazy when it comes to cooking so its to have something already ready or something super easy to make and take to go. I am just so stressed thinking about all of this again. Due to this I am thinking about doing the diabetic nutrisystem plan since I have PCOS insulin resistance and pre diabetes. I havent tasted the food in a few years, has it improved any? The cost is what makes me cringe on not knowing if its worth it and being scared I am just going to fail again. Has anyone lost a signiciant amount of weight and been able to keep it off on this plan?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #219  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Morning all!

Lizzz: I haven't thought about doing the substitutions yet. I will probably do that once I hit goal or close to it and start mixing NS with my own food. My guess would be that you should look at the nutritional info on the shake and compare to what you'd get on any typical NS breakfast (carbs, proteins and calories at the very least) and see if they are somewhat comparable. Or you could call a counselor and see what they say, maybe?

KimberlyHeidi: From my personal point of view, I chose NS because after trying to lose weight many different ways countless times, I came to the realization that I need to follow a more structured thing, something that would tell me what to eat when instead of me making my own choices (I wasn't making very good ones otherwise). The problem with a lot of those plans is that there was a lot of cooking or food prep involved and often a lot of waste because I'd only use half of what I'd buy and I'd get overwhelmed with all the work required.
On the advice of my family doctor, I started looking at Jenny Craig but after doing some research, I found that the cost was higher than NS, and I liked the convenience of not having to go to any centres.
With NS you probably know you still have to add your own fruits, vegetables and dairy and protein, but the amount of work required for that is pretty minimal (depending on what you want to eat and how you want to prepare it of course).
NS will refund you the cost of the food if you don't like it and decide to return it too. This is my first time trying it so I don't know how it compares to before. If you go back in this thread there have been a few discussions on what foods each of us like and what we don't, maybe that will help.
As for the diabetic plan, I am not familiar with it, but I am sure you can always call NS and ask them about it and to suggest which plan would work best for your individual case.
I've been on the plan since September 07 and lost a bit over 20 lbs (I was off NS for all of November and December was very on and off) and I am happy. There are people here who have lost more than I have too.
If you decide to do NS, make sure you come back and join us here so that we can encourage you to keep going and help you get back on the wagon if you happen to fall off.

Out of curiosity...if your nutritionist doesn't believe in diets, how does she suggest you lose the weight?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #220  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kimberly, I forgot to mention in my other post that my DH, who is following Nutrisystem has lost 20 pounds since January 13th. His fasting bloodsugars went from 140-160 down to 90-105 in that short period of time. He often does not have to take his glyburide lately because his fasting sugar is below 100. He had about 100 pounds to lose when he started.

I hope that helps you make a decision. I, as I mentioned, am happily on Jenny Craig.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 190/183.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hi all, I hope it's ok to jump in!

I just found this site last night, very cool! I've been on nutrisystem a week now and I'm doing the flex plan. So far it's going well.

Christina
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Love all the new members we're getting!! Welcome Christina!!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #223  
Stephanie

Welcome Goingtothebeach!!!! I am doing the flex plan as well!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #224  

Hi
Hope you don't mind me joining your group.. I ordered a month's worth of Nutrisystem Flex from QVC. It is on its' way!! We'll see how it works
I have done the no carb plans and gained all the weight back.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

So finally got around to placing my order today! YAYAYAY!

All your advice was so helpful! It's so funny that a lot of the stuff you guys recommended were the things I thought looked tasty (tacos, lasanga, mint crunch bars). LOL.

Saw that it took 4-10 business days to ship. Hope it's more like 4 and less like 10 if ya know what I mean.
Closed Thread