Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

LOL lovetolose. Speaking of swimming, I may do that soon. There's a heated swimming pool at the gym. I'm thinking of doing the weight machine circuit tomorrow, followed by a swim.
I'm getting a craving.....a craving to get into the 150s! (That's still 8 pounds away but I can dream!)
The boot camp DVD, I think is the biggest loser one. Tempting to get! I could use another form of exercise and maybe this has an ab workout? My abs need help, lol.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #167  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

Height: 5'7"

So I am at the end of day 2. Everything is going well so far, really starting to crave all of the delicious foods that I am not allowed to have. But luckily we gave all of our non NS food that would go bad to my sister and the rest of it isn't really that good. I did mess up today and yesterday, I thought that I was allowed to have a morning snack so I had an apple both days, and well I'm not cause I am not over 60. Oops, but how much harm is having 2 apples really going to do?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #168  

Height: 6'2

Well, I noticed you want to lose 100+ pounds.. you get an extra something.. not sure, and if you didn't have it, you probably filled the spot with those apples. It'll get easier the more you stick to it and the longer your on it. Try not to think about a type of food.. but maybe just filling your belly by drinking water and trying to get down the required amount.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Yes, call a counsellor to find out exactly (I think it's an extra carb but I'm not sure if it's at all meals or just 2, etc.) I want to lose 110lbs but nobody at NS asked me what my goals were and consequently I was never told about the extra carb thing.

I think adding an apple a day was a great choice! Sounds like you're doing great!!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #170  
Stephanie

Yeah it is an extra carb for breakfast and dinner and an extra fruit for lunch.

Last edited by Newlywed; 02-11-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #171  

Just back from the weight circuit and swim at the gym. Was good to do something different. Perhaps I'll try to do this routine twice a week.

Breakfast today was granola with yogurt instead of the milk. The usual tea.
Lunch is fish, spinach and NS cheesey potatoes. I still have my mid morning snack of a protein and fruit,so I'll probably have FF cottage cheese, cinnamon, brown sugar splenda,raisons and FF cool whip mixed together. That is sooo yum.

Have a good nutriday all.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #172  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all!
Been having computer problems so I am using an old laptop that was my BIL's and I still can't get used to it, that's why I haven't been around much.
I will try to do as much catching up as I can.

First of all, welcome Newlywed! I am so glad you decided to join us over here. The cravings will lessen as you get used to the food, and it will become easier over time, giving your other food away was a good move though. Make sure you are eating all your food so that you don't get insanely hungry or below your calories for the day.

Newgie: you are doing so great with the exercise! Congratulations! I am sure you will see the 150's sooner than you think.

Kiki: Are you still tryin to lose over 100 lbs? If so, you might want to add all those extras that you never did. I just got my first delivery for 2009, and they changed the little booklet (way prettier haha). Now the canadian version actually has info for people wanting to lose more than 100 lbs., it says to add a carb for breakfast and dinner and a fruit at lunch.

I was PMSing last week and had a not-so-on-plan week, I gained a little weight, but I am sure a lot of it was water weight. With the new delivery, I am fully stocked now and already managed to do 2 days fully on plan again, I am starting to dream of the 170's....

Oh, and I think it was lizz asking about the bootcamp? It is the biggest loser bootcamp DVD Kiki and I were discussing, speaking of, I need to get back into it, even if Bob kills me LOL. I am committing to working out for 3 days straight to make up for lost time.

Oh and Staci: Glad to see you back, it is certainly much nicer with more people posting, isn't it?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #173  
Stephanie

Ok so I totally messed up tonight with dinner. I had some teriyaki chicken with brown rice and a salad, I know its not that bad. But it is still bad, DH and I decided that on sat in stead of having an off day we will eat the ns meal for dinner. Cause we are just going to spend v-day at home watching movies cause he just got laid off, so we have to be frugal till he gets a new job.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #174  

Good to see you back Newshinyme! Laptops drive me crazy because I really miss using a mouse. PMS can be awful. Those dumb hormones! The cravings, the bloating, etc.
What's great about NS is that is such a good system, its easy to get back in the swing of things. You'll be fine!

Newlywed, your dinner doesn't seem bad at all. Even so, I think it's probably important to keep with your plans of changing your off day to NS. Whatever works for you! Sorry to hear about your DH being laid off. I hope something comes up for him quickly.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #175  
Stephanie

Thanks Newgie, you made me feel alot better. Yeah I hope that he finds something soon, we can't really afford for him to go to long with out a job. Especially cause the dr thinks that I have pcos and we have just now started doing all of the testing and we only have till the end of the month to figure it out before our insurance runs out, hopefully my ultrasound shows something. Sadly I want it to be pcos cause then I'll know what is wrong with me, its been since nov since I had my period.... Sorry didn't mean to go into all that detail.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #176  

Newshinyme, I have 54 more pounds to lose and I'm used to the plan without the extras now but I don't feel as bad about the occasional off plan Fibre 1 bar anymore!! Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 191.5/163.5/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

Kiki - good idea about the a la carte. Not sure why I didn't think of that myself..LOL..I guess that's why we're here, right? And congrats on the loss!

There's something else I forgot to suggest last time that i learned on this thread. They're a staple for me now. Morningstar veggie sausage patties...doesn't sound very appetizing but they are delicious and I love my meat - not tofu substitutes for me. Unfortunately they are only available in the U.S..luckily I live in a border city. I have one for breakfast as my protein. So good.

Keep at it everyone!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #178  

I'm heading to Buffalo today slac! Thanks for the suggestion!!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #179  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning!
It's great to see some sunshine today (Maybe it's the coffee that has made my hyper LOL)

I had to sneak a peek in the scale this AM and I was really happy to see that not only I dropped all the pounds I put on last week, I have even lost a bit more. I am not posting yet since my official WI won't be til Sunday and I want to see what else I can accomplish by then

Newgie: I know have the laptop set up with our regular keyboard and mouse so I am not getting all annoyed at it anymore and I can type all I want.

Newlywed: Don't beat yourself up over a slip up. I am sure all of us have had them. What I've learned from this site is to just get up and get back on plan for your next meal. And like Newgie said, it was not even that bad of a choice. I actually give myself permission every once in a while to have an off dinner where I eat something that is not NS (still trying to make the healthiest choice available if possible). I make sure I enjoy every single bite of it, and then right back on plan. You will also find out that you will fill up way faster than you used to, and you'll end up eating less even if it's not NS food.
Sorry to hear about your hubby too, hopefully he'll find something soon.

kiki: I guess I should've looked at your ticker before I asked you LOL

staci/kiki: Do you have any problems bringing meat products over the border? I never know what's allowed and what's not.

Happy Valentine's day everyone! (in case I don't log on again until Monday)
Old 02-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 191.5/163.5/150

Height: 5'5

Newshinyme - I never buy meat in the states - that's one thing I always stay away from. I'd like to avoid whatever problems at the border I can. Although, I've purchased salads with meat from Whole Foods and not had any issues - I love that Sonoma Chicken Salad. I know. I know..not NS friendly! I haven't had it in ages. Mmmm..sounds really good right about now.
Closed Thread