Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #1  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Question Medifast or Bistro MD??

I am totally torn between Medifast and Bistro MD, which I know are quite different from one another. I have 30-40 lbs. to lose, I don't love exercise, I do like my wine and enjoy dining out. I have no problem during the work week for lunch and breakfast, eating protein bars and shakes, etc. I am just worried about the weekends when I want my wine! Will I risk throwing myself out of "ketosis" with alcohol? Can you do Medifast for a month and then transition over to something like Bistro MD? Any input or thoughts are greatly appreciated. I've researched them all and I'm torn between getting a quick jump-start with Medifast, because I like simple and portable, or going longterm and slower with Bistro MD.
AshleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #2  
klc

I've never done Medifast (which is amazing cause I've done just about everything else) so I can't talk to that. But I can talk to Bistro. I think it depends on whether you want to drop a few extra pound fast, or change how you look at food in general. With Bistro, you eat regular food, regular portions with alot of variety that tastes really good (and you can be lazy like me, since they do all the prep). If you want to lose weight faster on it, you can do some exercise, and don't drink. Personally, I'm just enjoying having food around that's better tasting than any delivery (and faster), drinking a glass of wine while I type this, and not feeling like I'm on a diet, just eating better. For me (and most of the folks I've talked to) there's none of the deprivation/binge urge, so you don't do the yo-yo thing. I don't feel like I've given up doodly-squat. So if you're looking long term change, I'd definitely go Bistro. When you reach your goal weight, there won't be any adjustment to 'real life'. JMO
-Kathy
klc is offline   Reply With Quote