Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #1  

Default Is Jenny really this much?

On a WW email list today someone said they talked to a Jenny consultant and they were told that food was $10 a day. I thought it was much higher than that. Were they giving her a special rate or something?
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

That sounds about right, I remember phoning a couple years ago and I'm pretty sure the woman told me it's about $75 a week.
Which I couldn't afford.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #3  
klc

When I did the comparison shopping a month or so back, I found it very difficult to get pricing from them. After having to give my life history and dreams to the call center staff, I finally pulled the following info from them. If you did the frozen stuff, by the time you add in shipping and membership fee, it came out to around $155 a week.
-Kathy
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I did Jenny Direct in June for 6 weeks and the grand total.......a little over $1,000! I chose mostly frozen foods which made it more expensive and the shipping really added to the cost. I lost weight and enjoyed the food but could not endure the expense!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #5  

Default Jenny Craig cost

I joined the 20lbs for $20 program last Friday & have already decided not to go again. The reasons are:
1. Cost- $200 got me the 4wks (for $20), a pedometer & 1 weeks worth of food- from what I figured it would be a minimum of $150 a week for food for just me & that's 3x more than what I usually spend!
2. They hype that you can 'choose your own food'- they highly discouraged me from doing this- not to say all centers are the same, but if I'm paying that much money for food in the first place, I'd darn well better be eating food I want, not what's forced on me!
I'm going to join WW instead, I've decided.
kraftypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/235.2/145

Height: 5'5"

I did Jenny Craig for a while and was spending a bit over $100 each week for food. I lost my job and couldn't continue, unfortunately.
kbbruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #7  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

I did Jenny and absolutely loved the food, but just could not afford it! I am on Medifast, way less expensive and more supportive scale results!
DanLovesMedifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/188/165

Height: 5'4"

I've been on Jenny for a year and a half. I love the food and look at the cost I'm not spending on lunch during the week. I spend about 75 a week but that's not a full menu. If you choose the full menu, it's around 125 a week. Since I'm past half-way, I get to have some MOMO. It works!
lovelandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #9  

Jenny Craig food to me is a rip-off, of course if you like it and it works for you go for it!

But the thing that works about it is PORTION CONTROL. Luckily anybody who has a knife and a set of measuring cups can do the same thing to anything they already eat. Cut your sandwich in half -- instant Jenny meal!

Measure your cereal.....It's Jenny'd! That really IS the extent of the "magic," it's all measured out.

I was actually shocked when I started using measuring cups for cereal....the oversized cereal bowls in my house held 2 to 3 cups, twice/triple the serving size on the box.

Tip from the "Mediteranian Diet" book -- use salad plates for your main course, use small cereal bowls for cereal, soup and salad....and voila! Instant (free!) portion control!

The other thing they don't mention is you have to pay for all the fresh fruit, veggies, dairy -- so if they say $125 a week it's more like $200.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8-EEE View Post
Jenny Craig food to me is a rip-off, of course if you like it and it works for you go for it!

But the thing that works about it is PORTION CONTROL. Luckily anybody who has a knife and a set of measuring cups can do the same thing to anything they already eat. Cut your sandwich in half -- instant Jenny meal!

Measure your cereal.....It's Jenny'd! That really IS the extent of the "magic," it's all measured out.

I was actually shocked when I started using measuring cups for cereal....the oversized cereal bowls in my house held 2 to 3 cups, twice/triple the serving size on the box.

Tip from the "Mediteranian Diet" book -- use salad plates for your main course, use small cereal bowls for cereal, soup and salad....and voila! Instant (free!) portion control!

The other thing they don't mention is you have to pay for all the fresh fruit, veggies, dairy -- so if they say $125 a week it's more like $200.
This is funny but you make a great point. I guess everyone has to decide if having someone else do the portion control is worth the cost.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote