Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default Jenny Craig Forum

Hello everyone, I'm Jusalilbabefat. I recently started the Jenny Craig program and I was hoping to find a few others on this site to share the journey with. I've posted on the other Jenny thread which is about a million pages long now, and I thought; Wow how great here is an active community. Well now it seems like a ghost town, no one is really posting. Well, here I am starting a new JC thread. Come on people, lets talk!!! We can do this! I know I would have better success with the support of a great site like 3FC.
So, here's a lil sumtin about myself. I'm a 26 year old trapped in a much older, slower body. I can't really blame my weight gain on any one factor. Just a combo of bad food choices, bad reasons for eating those choices, eating them too frequently, and not being active. Last year I had a beautiful son, my avatar is a pic of him. At the start of my pregnancy I was 215lbs. I'm lucky in two ways, morning sickness hit me and I lost 20lbs my 1st trimester, and somehow I was still blessed with that healthy lil baby. Once I had my baby I was 216lbs. The weight just kept creeping up and up. Somehow I just kept rationalizing the gain in my head as baby fat. I tried to count calories, which I had done in the past well, nothing. WW, which I love that you can eat your own food, but did not work for me. Maybe I wasn't ready I don't know. Then I saw my scale say 228lbs and I thought, OMG. I have never been so big. That's when I noticed the little things, like all my uniforms for work are a bit snug. Or how not only am I out of breath after going up stairs at work, but my knees hurt. I called my JC center that day and made an appt to go in that day and I have been on the program for about to be two weeks.
I like the food, pretty good. I have had like one really bad day, where I ate items not on my planned menu or free foods so far. Usually after a day like that, I'd quit a diet, but not this time. Yesterday was my day after the storm and yeah I made a mistake but I got back up yesterday. I am going to lose this weight and I want some online friends to support and be supported by. Come on ya'll!!! Let's do this
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #2  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I'm not doing JC but congrats on the pounds lost and the committment to your health! WAY TO GO!!!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #3  

Thanks. I had a good W/I today. I'm feeling pretty good, down three more pounds. I guess there just aren't that many folks on JC here.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

Hi Jusalilbabefat~

You're right, appears to be a ghost town around here.

Today is my 10th day on JC and I LOVE it! I'm down 7 lbs. I too don't check out the forums often so if you'd like to chat and compare notes, please feel free to PM me.
Congrats on your success so far and your baby is a cutie pie!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #5  

Two questions for anyone reading this thread. How do you deal with TOM cravings? What exercise componets are you adding to your weight loss efforts?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271.8/257/160

I don't have much to say about TOM cravings. I try to do the best I can and give in to the small ones.

Regarding exercise I joined a gym a few weeks ago. I have been going faithfully 3 times a week. I am also walking more often. Unfortunately the scale has not shown any signs of this but I do think I have lost some inches. In my mind at this point I am trying to do things that are healthier and not get totally caught up with the scale because for the past 2 weeks the scale has not been my friend and if I focus on that I will be lost.
luvtotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #7  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtotravel View Post
I don't have much to say about TOM cravings. I try to do the best I can and give in to the small ones.

Regarding exercise I joined a gym a few weeks ago. I have been going faithfully 3 times a week. I am also walking more often. Unfortunately the scale has not shown any signs of this but I do think I have lost some inches. In my mind at this point I am trying to do things that are healthier and not get totally caught up with the scale because for the past 2 weeks the scale has not been my friend and if I focus on that I will be lost.
Hang in there luvtotravel. I'm sure the scales will be saying what you want to hear soon. Have you talked to you JCC about it? Do they have any plans in place for a plateau?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #8  

Lord knows I have fallen this week. I took today to start trying to get back on the road to weight loss. Man it felt like another person took over. My sweet tooth was out of control. I'm reigning it in now.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #9  
Goddess

Hi! I've been a member at 3FC for a long time, but have been gone a long time!

I started with Jenny on 5/16 and have lost 18 lbs so far. I get cravings for salt, so I salt carrot sticks. I've also been known to eat half a jar of salsa. At least it's a free food!
Bannod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:04 AM   #10  

I'll trade you your salt cravings for my sweets cravings. I'm such a carb lover. I was on my vacation last week (not that we went anywhere with these gas prices) and I'd say I did well three out of the seven days I was home. Now its back to work for me, and back to aiming for seven out of seven days. I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #11  

Today is my W/I. This week has been totally bad for me. Between TOM, and my family getting ready for the Fourth of July. Wow, I'm just hoping to see no gain at all.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #12  

Well I had to do my W/I myself because I cannot afford to call Jenny this week. Our scales are 2lbs different, so according to that I am down 1lb. I will be doing my W/I this Thursday as well. I do plan on going back to the center when I can afford to do so. I'm am not going to be starting over when I go! I have made a commitment to lose weight and I'm going to, even if I'm not going to the Jenny Craig Centre. So good luck to me, and all those on the forum in their quest for health, and a rockin body!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:04 AM   #13  

I did my W/I today. My scale said 220.1lbs. However, I added 2lbs to make up the difference between the Jenny Craig Centre scale and my own. So that puts me at 222lbs according to them. Either way its still a loss, I'll take it!! If anyone reads this, hope you're having a great week!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 271.8/257/160

jusalilbabefat - congratulations on your loss. The 4th of July weekend was very tough for me. I did try to get right back on track but then it was TOM and I had many cravings. All in all I did do my best and after weighing in today I am down .8. I was happy to see a loss.

Have a good week.
luvtotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 233/213/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi,

I have been doing JC since July 5 and I am down 20lbs. I have been walking 3 days a week and using wii fit when I can squeeze it in. My friend has been on the plan longer and she looks awesome. She does Pilates.

I deal with the sweet cravings with sugar free jello and free whipped topping. It is not easy as I feel there are not alot of calories to go around, but I found that rationalizing it this way helped me:

The more I cheat, the more $$$$ I will spend, and the longer it will take to lose the weight. Why would I want to do this for longer than I have too?

I also find that this helps- I don't eat my breakfast in the morning, I eat the vitamin bar for breakfast and breakfast after dinner. This way, I am not starving at night. I just keep myself busy during the day. I have tried hoodia pills or diet tea on occasion to take the edge off if I'm PMS-ing or something.

Hope some of these things help. It is so hard!
DandBMom is offline   Reply With Quote