Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/213/170

Height: 5'9"

ps, your baby is adorable!
DandBMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #17  

Default I'm considering joining JC . . .

Hi D&BMom and anyone else who reads this (I'm not familiar with posting at all); I'm thinking about joining JC and want to get your opionion now that you've been on the program for a little while -if you had to do it all over again, would you still join? I know what to do to lose weight (watch cals and exercise), but I find I just don't take the time to plan my meals and as a result, it's catch as catch can. That's why I thought a meal program like JC might work for me. And I think I'd also respond well to having to report in to someone for a weigh-in. I weigh more now than ever in my life! I'm 48 and 217 (I could just die!). So, again, are you glad you joined JC and do you feel it's working for you? Thanks! Wandamc
Wandamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Wandamc,
I'm 35 and have gained about 80 pounds over the past 7-8 years. During this time, I have tried diets, exercise, etc, but always end up gaining back anything that I lose, and then some.
As you said, the keys to wait loss are eating the right amount of calories (not too many, not too few) and keeping active.
Some of the times that I have attempting losing, I have planned ahead each week, made up meals, doled out portions, etc. Somehow or other, I always ended up bingeing or otherwise ruining my plans.
Last December, I got a flyer from the research department of my health plan. I was lucky enough to get into a research study with Jenny Craig and am on Jenny Direct.
It has been amazing! I started in March and have lost 26 pounds. I am losing slowly and am learning about my triggers. I have also received a lot of support from others on the website, which is where I found out about 3FC!
I think that if portions and meal planning are your weak points, JC would be a great choice for you!
Good luck with whatever you do!
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:23 AM   #19  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile JC Plan...

I started JC on April 30th and I have to say there are good and bad things about it. The good thing is I love alot of their food and you cannot beat the convience of it. It is a little pricey... but I still have more spending cash now than before. I was spending way more on drive thrus and Starbucks than on JC, but it seems worse because JC is paid for in one chunk. Now, following their 'meal plans' did not work for me because I was having cravings in the begining and just couldn't satisfy them with their suggestions. I knew I could not keep it up long term. As a veteran of WW, I decided to try to combine the two. I bought JC food, but just counted the points in everything. This gave me a much wider variety of foods to snack on. It has been a great success (38 lbs since April 30) and I can incorporate alot of variety into my eating. I have a much better eye for portions now (thanks to JC food) and no longer crave all the sweets that I used to. I am very satisfied..I never go hungry. My JC counselor knows I use WW and they are fine with it(of course they are as long as you keep spending money on their food) and it does help to go in to the center for weigh ins.
So thats my modified JC plan...I think the problem with the plan for me was they had too much control and I had none. I can't just eat what THEY say for each meal, as soon as I took the control back and was able to eat what my body wanted (within my points) it was pretty smooth sailing.
TSap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been on JC since July 27, 2008 and I am down 18 lbs so far, I love love love this program.
BethieJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 260/188/165

Height: 5'4"

I started JC on 3/17/06 and am down 52 lbs! I incorporate extra protein in my JC meals to get the right ratio, around 50% Carb, 30% Protein, 20% Fat. The center is ok with it too.
My feeling is they need to be flexible in order for the plan to fit in their life. I have an allergy to green peppers so I got to choose the meals pretty much in the beginning. I know they strongly wanted me to use the pre-planned weeks 1/2 as that keeps you from straying too much. I love being able to choose my own meals.
The portion control and pre-made frozen entrees keep me accountable....GOOD LUCK!
lovelandtx is offline   Reply With Quote